Sign in to follow this  
BeenHereBefore

Tell Me How You Beat The System ?

I have MLB Network and when I want my local games I turn my vpn on my firestick and it thinks I'm in LA.. When I want to watch the LA. games I turn the vpn off. So what you got ?

I don't post on the internet how I beat the system.

50 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

I don't post on the internet how I beat the system.

Does it involve Celsius?

I have a few sites that let me stream any singular game for most sports as well as redzone. You have to deal with a few annoying pop ups initially but after that it streams perfectly, quality is great. I cast it from my computer to my TV. 

if u need new tires on your car, rent a new vehicle with the same size, and take the insurance out on the rental.

take the tires off, and have them swapped at a tire shop.. 

return aforementioned rental.

• Haha 3

i raise the front end of my truck so that when im racing in the desert, the rear is the first part of the truck to strike the ground when going faster, preventing crashes.

I fight the system like two modern day Robin Hoods. 

I stand in solidarity with my black brothers and sisters and refuse to pay the raciss fare when taking Seattle light rail.  ✊

• Like 1

They always have 3 for $4 deals on the store brand chips so I take one bag of store brand tortilla chips… because it’s tortilla chips so who cares, and 2 bags of Doritos, ruffles sour cream and cheddar etc. Then at self checkout I scan the tortilla chips 3 times 😉

Beat the system, that is a strange foreign concept, the system beats me down relentlessly.

Do you know how much something like ballet for a 7 year old girl costs, or a comcast bill, etc.

Mega Backdoor Roth - $74,500 total per year invested, grows tax free with no capitol gains tax, EVER.  :thumbsup:

23 minutes ago, Horseman said:

Mega Backdoor Roth - $74,500 total per year invested, grows tax free with no capitol gains tax, EVER.  :thumbsup:

I’m no finance minor but how do you do more than 60ish K? I thought that was the annual limit 

There are also a lot of IFs involved in that strategy. 

9 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

I’m no economics minor but how do you do more than 60ish K? I thought that was the annual limit 

61K plus 6.5 if you're over 50 equals 67.5K.  Plus the regular backdoor roth is another 7K for a grand total of 74.5K.  Another way to break it down:

Employee 401K Roth - $27,000 (20.5 plus 6.5 catch up)

Employee 401K After Tax - $40,500 (roll this over into Roth)

Regular Backdoor outside of 401K - $7,000

Note: You can't do a regular backdoor if you have any other IRA outside of your 401K.  Well, you can but you'll get taxed.  It only works as a non-taxable event if you don't have an IRA balance.

2 minutes ago, Horseman said:

I'm old.

:thumbsup:

but also on a serious note the average person has to hit a lot of if's to make that work. Workplace has to offer a 401k, has to offer enough of a match and you have to make enough to be able to max out the total contribution. You also have to be willing to put in additional after tax contributions as well as I believe the 27k and 40.5k numbers are well beyond the pre tax contribution limits right?

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

:thumbsup:

but also on a serious note the average person has to hit a lot of if's to make that work. Workplace has to offer a 401k, has to offer enough of a match and you have to make enough to be able to max out the total contribution. You also have to be willing to put in additional after tax contributions as well as I believe the 27k and 40.5k numbers are well beyond the pre tax contribution limits right?

Yes your company has to offer it as part of the 401K plan and they have to use an investment company that is set up to do it.  You cannot do this on your own. Once my company's board and CEO realized the tax advantages they were missing out on we switched 401K providers the very next year.  My election choices:

401K Roth

401K After Tax

Only the regular 401K is pre-tax money.  The 401K Roth is maxed out at the same as the regular 401K (20.5 plus 6.5) whichever you choose or a combination of.  The remaining 40.5 goes into the 401K After Tax.  You then do a conversion of all the money in the 401K After Tax into a regular IRA Roth account.  Some people have that set up automatic, but I can't because all mine goes into a self directed brokerage section of my 401K.  I typically make funds available and call up to do a conversion twice per year. I pay tax on any capitol gains before I convert, but once it's converted, it grows tax free.

There are no company matching contributions in my case.  If there were they just count against the total contributions.

Yes, you need to make enough or have enough disposable income to invest 75K per year.

Example of disposable income:

Let's say you are barely making end's meat and can't afford putting that much money into your 401K.  But your aunt dies and leaves you 75K.  You decide to invest this 75K in the market.

A - If you take that money and open a brokerage account you will end up paying capital gains tax on all of your gains.

B - If available from your company's 401K program - you could contribute your salary as described previously.  Instead of a pay check you live off the 75K cash from your aunt.  At the end of the year you've just made the same investments as in A) except you will never pay a penny of tax on the capital gains.

11 minutes ago, Horseman said:

Example of disposable income:

Let's say you are barely making end's meat and can't afford putting that much money into your 401K.  But your aunt dies and leaves you 75K.  You decide to invest this 75K in the market.

A - If you take that money and open a brokerage account you will end up paying capital gains tax on all of your gains.

B - If available from your company's 401K program - you could contribute your salary as described previously.  Instead of a pay check you live off the 75K cash from your aunt.  At the end of the year you've just made the same investments as in A) except you will never pay a penny of tax on the capital gains.

yeah, I'm aware of all that. And as you mentioned in your prior post, you will pay taxes on any gains before you convert. I was more wondering about how you were getting above the 61k but should have realized it was age related "catch up" amounts. 

On 9/6/2022 at 11:49 PM, WhiteWonder said:

I have a few sites that let me stream any singular game for most sports as well as redzone. You have to deal with a few annoying pop ups initially but after that it streams perfectly, quality is great. I cast it from my computer to my TV

1) Apple Lightning Adapter

2) 3' HMDI chord

3) iPhone

Broadcast any sporting event to any tv.  I often take the adapter with me to friend's parties.

"bro, turn the fight on!"

"sorry, I didn't buy the ppv."

"ppv is for losers!"

6 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

2) 3' HMDI chord

3) iPhone

Broadcast any sporting event to any tv.  I often take the adapter with me to friend's parties.

"ppv is for losers!"

Yeah that's cool. When I'm home I find it easier to just stream it on my PC and wifi connect to my living room TV.  If i'm going to someone elses house its usually for a specific event that we already know they have their own access to. .... but i'll keep that in mind. 

4 hours ago, GobbleDog said:

2) 3' HMDI chord

3) iPhone

"ppv is for losers!"

Or plug in a firestick if your smart tv doesn't already come with a browser.

I have a sugar mama.  Seriously.

I got into 6 figures not that long ago and live in Indy, so I’d do alright on my own.  But the luxury I live in is courtesy of my wife making vastly more than I do.  Not ashamed of it at all.

Marry up.  That’s how I beat the system.

On 9/7/2022 at 12:25 PM, JustinCharge said:

dont work for someone else.  never get rich that way.

Oh, this is untrue.  My aforementioned wifey is a COO and has 7 and 9 years incentives that are going to put us into retirement mid-50’s.   In the right fields, working for someone else is juuuuust fine.

If by system you mean @OldMaid, I didn't really beat it. It was more of a light spanking. 

I've been drinking my rum, a def son of a gun
(I fought the law) and I cold won :banana:

59 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

If by system you mean @OldMaid, I didn't really beat it. It was more of a light spanking. 

A little harder next time, please.  :lol:

Just now, OldMaid said:

A little harder next time, please.  :lol:

good kittie

12 hours ago, MLCKAA said:

Oh, this is untrue.  My aforementioned wifey is a COO and has 7 and 9 years incentives that are going to put us into retirement mid-50’s.   In the right fields, working for someone else is juuuuust fine.

Yeah I was gonna comment on this.  If you're good at what you do, working for someone else results in hefty paydays for much less headache.