Big Guy

NFL DRAFT 2023 ( official / unofficial thread )

3 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

Seahawks will crush this draft again. Back to top of division!

Nope, Geno turned into a pumpkin at the end of last season. It was a nice run, but it's over 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, League Champion said:

Nope, Geno turned into a pumpkin at the end of last season. It was a nice run, but it's over 

Geno will be just fine. Stud DLineman, stud play maker with first 2 picks…then find various gems with all the later picks we have collected. 🏆🏆🏆🏆

6 minutes ago, League Champion said:

I'm interested to see if they trade up to #3 to grab a QB ahead of Indy, and/or to prevent someone else from trading up.  They'd have to give a lot to the Cards to do it though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jerryskids said:

I'm interested to see if they trade up to #3 to grab a QB ahead of Indy, and/or to prevent someone else from trading up.  They'd have to give a lot to the Cards to do it though.

They need to get Richardson, that's the perfect landing spot. 

4 minutes ago, League Champion said:

They need to get Richardson, that's the perfect landing spot. 

They ride out 2023 with Geno at the helm and develop Richardson for 2024, pretty perfect IMO as much as I hate to say it as a Cards fan with a team that appears all in on Kyler Murray.  :( 

1 minute ago, jerryskids said:

They ride out 2023 with Geno at the helm and develop Richardson for 2024, pretty perfect IMO as much as I hate to say it as a Cards fan with a team that appears all in on Kyler Murray.  :( 

Agree. They need to get Kyler some weapons though. He's got nothing right now. They should trade out and stockpile picks. 

12 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I say fill it up around Geno and see.

1 minute ago, League Champion said:

Agree. They need to get Kyler some weapons though. He's got nothing right now. They should trade out and stockpile picks. 

Well, Keim (GM) is gone so hopefully they won't drunk-pick some 5'9 Edelman wannabee instead of a 6'3" X receiver (yes he was likely drunk during drafts).

21 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Seattle would be a great landing spot for Richardson or Levis.

Cards should stay out at 3 and draft Anderson unless they’re getting an absurd offer. 

• Sad 1

Anybody else going?

15 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

When is it?

2 weeks from tomorrow night

Would like JSN to the Packers at 15.  Though I always prepare for something stupid.  

I really like the TE Mayer but at 15 meh.  Hope not.  

13 hours ago, thegeneral said:

Seahawks will crush this draft again. Back to top of division!

5 and 20.

Can't wait 

13 hours ago, Big Guy said:

Too soon?

It is unless the draft is over.  It's currently baseball season until November.  Football season is from November to February.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, MDC said:

Seattle would be a great landing spot for Richardson or Levis.

Richardson yes, I don't think Levis will amount to anything and 5 would be way too early for him. 

Just now, The Real timschochet said:

So I’m biased as a UCLA fan but Zach Charbonnet (rb) and Dorian Thompson Robinson (QB) will be steals for whoever takes them. 

Again, I totally agree. I'm hoping to land both in Dynasty 

5 minutes ago, League Champion said:

Richardson yes, I don't think Levis will amount to anything and 5 would be way too early for him. 

I actually have a semi feeling Levis will be higher than the 4th QB off the board.  He has a ton of upside.  Maybe not Richardson levels of upside but a lot of upside.  

40 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

It is unless the draft is over.  It's currently baseball season until November.  Football season is from November to February.

only for baseball fans

43 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

It's currently baseball season until November.  

Baseball season doesn't even start till October. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Big Guy said:

only for baseball fans

2 minutes ago, League Champion said:

Baseball season doesn't even start till October. 

HATERS!!!!!  🤣

• Haha 1

Just now, League Champion said:

Haha, and I love baseball as much as the next guy. The season is just too long and dragged out 

Yeah, some people definitely feel that way, it's all good... I'm just not one of them.  I follow all the fall leagues after the season's offer.  I can watch baseball 12 months a year.

6 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Yeah, some people definitely feel that way, it's all good... I'm just not one of them.  I follow all the fall leagues after the season's offer.  I can watch baseball 12 months a year.

I follow and check the box scores but I'm just not riveted yet, I will be though. 

While my posts were sarcasm and joking, I really haven't been following the draft.  I usually don't any time Tampa picks outside the top 10 because virtually every outlet focuses 80%+ of their talk on the top 10.  Also, the total chaos of the draft, there's so little predictability on who teams draft outside of the top 10.  Because I watch less than 5 hours of college football a year, it would require me to spend hours upon hours on looking into about 100 players Tampa might take and in the end, only take 2.  Hard pass on the draft.  I'll wait until it's over and then read up and listen about the players Tampa did take.

14 hours ago, Big Guy said:

Too soon?

Yep...  It would have been too soon after the draft was over...

Just now, League Champion said:

I follow and check the box scores but I'm just not riveted yet, I will be though. 

You're in the majority of the people I know.  I have the MLB.tv subscription where I can watch any game.  I've watched every Pirates game so far and when time permits, I'll tune in to a west coast game.  Great way to spend an evening.

"With the 1st round pick of the 2023 NFL Draft, the Miami Dolphins select tampering."   

I despise Miami's owner more than I hate Tom Brady, who the jackass tampered to get.  :mad:

On the flip side Ross turns 83 in May and the average life of an American man is 78 years. He's due. :ninja:

6 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

You're in the majority of the people I know.  I have the MLB.tv subscription where I can watch any game.  I've watched every Pirates game so far and when time permits, I'll tune in to a west coast game.  Great way to spend an evening.

I love the pitch clock. It definitely helps watch ability 

I hope the Eagles don’t draft Robinson. 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

I hope the Eagles don’t draft Robinson. 

They won't. Even though 10 is a luxury pick, that would be very unlike Roseman to do so. I think he'll go best available at 10 and grab his running back at 30 or 62.