Sign in to follow this  
Pimpadeaux

Shootings of the Day - July 4 edition

3 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

What about the other stuff?

The age limit to purchase a gun doesn't bother me that much but I don't see it helping.  I like the idea of people having to take a firearm safety course.  I took hunter safety when I was a kid.

Deep Red Alabama loves their assault rifles. You mean another mass shooting during NRA weekend? Republicans send out their thoughts and prayers. I am sure the parents of the murdered teens at this party and the slaughtered kids lost in the elementary schools will find comfort in those words. Pro life party. 

11 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

The age limit to purchase a gun doesn't bother me that much but I don't see it helping.  I like the idea of people having to take a firearm safety course.  I took hunter safety when I was a kid.

So you’re in favor of additional gun control regulations you lefty!

9 hours ago, TimHauck said:

So you’re in favor of additional gun control regulations you lefty!

I'm not apposed to specific regulations.  From what I've seen the majority of people feel the same way, even here.

4 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I'm not apposed to specific regulations.  From what I've seen the majority of people feel the same way, even here.

I don’t think it’s true here, “because criminals don’t follow laws”

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, TimHauck said:

I don’t think it’s true here, “because criminals don’t follow laws”

I see you're being sarcastic but that comment is absolutely correct.  I never get the feeling that ant-gun people want to have a real, honest, educated conversation about this subject.

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I see you're being sarcastic but that comment is absolutely correct.  I never get the feeling that ant-gun people want to have a real, honest, educated conversation about this subject.

No I’m not being sarcastic.  I think that line is the reason that I don’t believe many here “feel the same way” as you claim.

Yes it’s not going to stop gang violence, but it wouldn’t hurt, and it probably would help prevent some of these mass shootings.

21 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

I honestly have no problem with you having a gun, or guns. Your opinions may be way off base to me, but I have no inkling or concern that you’re a bad guy. I want the bad guys to be restricted from having guns. 

The main gun control item I am for is having universal background checks and universal gun registration. This would allow a law-abiding citizen like you to own as many guns as you’d like (including AR-15s and similar weapons) but make it more difficult for the bad guys to own them. @Hawkeye21 is correct that we can’t make it impossible for bad guys to have guns but we can make it more difficult. Why do so many pro-NRA types oppose universal background checks and universal registration? 

I wonder at the efficacy of universal background checks in a day and age wherecriminals are released without charges and those charged and convicted can so routinely have their recirds expunged, often with minimal or no waiting periods for expungement.  StillI have no objection.

As for Universal registration perhaps you can explain the utility.  I don't see how it prevents shootings.  Would you supply the reasoning behind that proposal?

12 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

No I’m not being sarcastic.  I think that line is the reason that I don’t believe many here “feel the same way” as you claim.

Yes it’s not going to stop gang violence, but it wouldn’t hurt, and it probably would help prevent some of these mass shootings.

You're talking about punishing law abiding citizens and infringing on their rights all because we have a problem with gangs and mentally unstable people.  I prefer to cure the actual disease and it's not guns.  I am against stripping away our rights.

9 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

You're talking about punishing law abiding citizens and infringing on their rights all because we have a problem with gangs and mentally unstable people.  I prefer to cure the actual disease and it's not guns.  I am against stripping away our rights.

Lol didn’t you just say you were in favor of some additional measures?   That’s really all I’m saying, and that I don’t think the majority of posters here agree with that.

Lots of pro choice, pro gun regulation centrists up in here. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Two cheerleaders shot in Texas after one opens the wrong car door in a parking lot: 

needs the death penalty. 

I only wish Cheerleaders would get in my car 

Per reporting, the girl opened the door, realized it was the wrong car, immediately closed it and started to apologize. Then the shooter stepped out of the car and shot her and her friend. 

Obviously the shooter was crazy, or evil or whatever. But the state of Texas allows people to have guns in their car, guns on their person, all without permits. So of course this stuff is going to happen. 

I mau have been distracted.  When did a mob march regarding this one?

17 minutes ago, RLLD said:

I mau have been distracted.  When did a mob march regarding this one?

There won’t be any large race protest because race was not an issue here. I doubt there will be any large gun protest because, well, it’s Texas. 

1 hour ago, The Real timschochet said:

Two cheerleaders shot in Texas after one opens the wrong car door in a parking lot: 

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/texas-cheerleaders-shot-wrong-car-practice-rcna80366

Stand your ground! Don’t mess with Texas! 

I think he’ll be going to prison.  Just a hunch. 

12 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

There won’t be any large race protest because race was not an issue here. I doubt there will be any large gun protest because, well, it’s Texas. 

Race is never actually an issue, nor should it ever be.  Only the actions of those involved, and then making sure the justice system does it part. 

Pretending it is about race does nothing but foment misplaced fear and divisiveness, and it needs to stop.  Instead of making it about race, make it about behaviors. 

I missed the 18th and 19th editions. Sad

20 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Instead of making it about race, make it about behaviors. 

Don't these two go together a lot of times?  There is a reason why certain people are afraid of blacks.

13 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Don't these two go together a lot of times?  There is a reason why certain people are afraid of blacks.

I think bad behavior could be more aptly associated with lower-income and lower-educated, but yes you could associate past that into culture.

It is not skin color, it is environment. 

2 minutes ago, RLLD said:

I think bad behavior could be more aptly associated with lower-income and lower-educated, but yes you could associate past that into culture.

It is not skin color, it is environment. 

It's still skin color.  If a black person walked up to a white person in rural Iowa, the white person would most likely be concerned.  They would not be nearly as concerned if it were a white person.

On 4/16/2023 at 11:50 AM, Pimpadeaux said:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/shooting-leaves-4-dead-multiple-142218304.html

At least six teens dead, 20 wounded, at a Sweet 16 birthday party.

Meanwhile, two dead and six injured at another Louisville shooting.

https://www.whio.com/news/local/2-killed-6-injured-another-shooting-louisville-kentucky/IVCXQD3ZL5BB3M74DDIUNZWNU4/

Teen Brothers Ty Reik and Travis

9 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

5 dead in another Texas shooting.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/police-5-people-killed-shooting-105415592.html

Cleveland, Texas, is just about the reddest city in the state. 

Of course, an AR-15 was used.

Yeah, a Mexican kills Hondurans but it’s a Republican thing. Such a dishonest hack.  

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Yeah, a Mexican kills Hondurans but it’s a Republican thing. Such a dishonest hack.  

If Chicago meth heads in the ghetto killing each other can be considered a blue-city thing, a Mexican killing Hondurans in Cleveland, Texas, can be considered a red-city thing.

Just following your MAGAturd logic.

11 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

If Chicago meth heads in the ghetto killing each other can be considered a blue-city thing, a Mexican killing Hondurans in Cleveland, Texas, can be considered a red-city thing.

Just following your MAGAturd logic.

Dems want open borders

1 minute ago, League Champion said:

Who did a Democrat kill now? 

Some recent arrivals to the country. We won’t be hearing much about this. 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

Ohhh, like in Chicago where 30+ will kill each other this week alone? Not a word about it. 

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

It's one of the top stories across the land right now, skippy. 

But you won't find it on that MAGAturd podcast you rely on for information.