Sign in to follow this  
Pimpadeaux

Shootings of the Day - July 4 edition

4 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

If politicians ever demand to confiscate all privately owned firearms, I will join you on that hill. I’ve never owned one, but yeah I will fight with you for your right to do so. I believe in that right. 

But I also believe in reasonable gun restrictions and I don’t think anything I’ve suggested is a threat to you. There has to be room for compromise. 

Nothing you've suggested would prevent the next mass shooting. Any infringement on my rights, in an effort to prevent somebody else from abusing theirs, is unacceptable to me. 

14 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

Nothing you've suggested would prevent the next mass shooting. Any infringement on my rights, in an effort to prevent somebody else from abusing their's, is unacceptable to me. 

Do you accept the TSA?

34 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

What would you say if he was drunk driving and killed a family? 

If he was drunk driving and killed a family:

1.) They would most likely take his driver's license away from him and fine him heavily leading to money for the extended family.

2.) Cops would start patrolling the town and area around the bars more to try and pick off drunk drivers before they do anything.

3.) Cops are regularly pulling people over on suspicion of driving drunk to try and prevent this stuff from happening. And people will get their licenses pulled if they make some drunk driving bad decisions- even if they don't end in killing anyone. 

4 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Do you accept the TSA?

I don't think the TSA makes anybody any safer. They're useless and should be eliminated. 

4 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

I don't think the TSA makes anybody any safer. They're useless and should be eliminated. 

Do you still fly?

47 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

That he should be in prison. 

That’s interesting.  You offer up a solution for the weapon, but not the person.  

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

That’s interesting.  You offer up a solution for the weapon, but not the person.  

He should be in prison. As a Mexican National he should not be allowed to buy a gun. That’s my solution. 

2 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

He should be in prison. As a Mexican National he should not be allowed to buy a gun. That’s my solution. 

Ok, the subject I introduced was preventing the killing in the first place, like you have done with removing weapons.  So what do we do about people? 

1 hour ago, lickin_starfish said:

Your interpretation is incorrect.

Luckily for Freedom, you can't override our right to keep and bear arms, even if you retards control all 3 branches.

My interpretation is based on the historical writings of the founders and the text of the bill of rights. Yours is based on…?

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Do you still fly?

No

5 minutes ago, dogcows said:

My interpretation is based on the historical writings of the founders and the text of the bill of rights. Yours is based on…?

No it's not.  :lol:

It's based upon made up nonsense - like all of your posts.  GFY.

Some posters here could stand to consider the above…

4 minutes ago, dogcows said:

Yeah. Accept all of that perverted bullshit because criminals. No thanks. Maybe we can cut down on shootings and not have that garbage? Crazy, right? But it’s been done before. 

6 minutes ago, dogcows said:

show me a gun that shot someone on their own & we can have a conversation.

5 hours ago, 5-Points said:

Your vote doesn’t cancel out my constitutional rights.

You're sorely mistaken if you think people are going to give up their guns because idiots voted for it. That's a hill I'm willing to die on. And I'm not alone. 

about 400 million Americans agree with you.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, dogcows said:

No, it’s specifically about a well-regulated militia. It says so right in the constitution. But the right-wingers conveniently ignore that part, and insert a “self defense” clause that isn’t in there at all.

The entire justification of the 2A was for us to be armed to repel foreign invaders. Now we have armed police forces, the strongest military in the world, and many federal agencies with armed agents. The closest thing to a militia we have now is the national guard in each state. And they have weapons. So why do individuals need them?

it's The Bill of Rights not the Bill of Needs.  If you accept that premise then it gets easier.  if you want to change The Bill of Rights, good luck.

4 hours ago, 5-Points said:

You can't say never. There are plenty of politicians on the left who have said they would confiscate firearms they feel citizens shouldn't own. Biden and Buttigieg most recently. 

And it wouldn't be an act of bravery or patriotism. It would be an act of duty and defiance against a tyrannical government. Precisely what the 2A was intended to facilitate. And I think you underestimate the number of people who value their liberty. Including current and former military and LEO. They took an oath to uphold the constitution. They didn't take an oath to a political party. 

yep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

good post.

If politicians ever demand to confiscate all privately owned firearms, I will join you on that hill. I’ve never owned one, but yeah I will fight with you for your right to do so. I believe in that right. 

But I also believe in reasonable gun restrictions and I don’t think anything I’ve suggested is a threat to you. There has to be room for compromise. 

not when your dealing with government.  Original income tax was supposed to affect only a few at around 1%.    Look at where we are at.   I trust government less than the devil & I'm a Christian.     It's like a toll bridge passed until the bridge is paid for.   60 years later there is still a toll bridge.  When the people passing the laws can vote themselves a raise every year, which they can, count me as distrustful.  I highly doubt there is 42 Dems in this country who would not vote for a total ban on guns.   thankfully we have a constitution.

• Like 2

We have no real federal gun control. I’m talking about background checks for ALL sales without exception, national red flag laws, and, MOST IMPORTANT, registration of all firearms on a national database. 

How is that going to suppress gun violence?  There’s no way that will ever happen.  The whole point of 2A is to allow the citizenry to be a check against Government tyranny.  

• Thanks 1

There used to be room for compromise.  That was before the Left went insane.  

11 hours ago, jerryskids said:

Has anyone pointed out to Rusty that there isn't an April 31?  :D 

The title started out as April 30th until posty pointed out that it was only the 29th. Then he changed it to 31 and now to 32. 

So the guy who killed 5 people in Texas has been deported THREE times.  But yeah, it's the GUN that's the problem........

8 minutes ago, Strike said:

So the guy who killed 5 people in Texas has been deported THREE times.  But yeah, it's the GUN that's the problem........

Deported three times? However did he get back in? I thought they mostly flew here and stayed? 

22 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

We have no real federal gun control. I’m talking about background checks for ALL sales without exception, national red flag laws, and, MOST IMPORTANT, registration of all firearms on a national database. 

I nominate you as Gun Czar of database.

Start in chicago and register all them guns.  Im sure they will line up for a liberal like yourself.  Get a table from costco...a nice chair and set up when they loot the stores.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Update.  The illegal has been deported five times not three.  Sorry for the inaccuracy earlier.  But yeah it's still the gun's fault.  The open border has nothing to do with it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Strike said:

It is when the system allows illegals to obtain assault weapons.

If guns don't kill people and that it's people who kill people, then restricted access to guns for people-killing people is the way to go.

35 minutes ago, Strike said:

Update.  The illegal has been deported five times not three.  Sorry for the inaccuracy earlier.  But yeah it's still the gun's fault.  The open border has nothing to do with it.

Wait just a rootin tootin minute. If he gets deported, then how does he get back in?

41 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

If guns don't kill people and that it's people who kill people, then restricted access to guns for people-killing people is the way to go.

So we can agree that the whole life, liberty and pursuit of happiness thing doesn't apply to illegals either, right? 

11 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

So we can agree that the whole life, liberty and pursuit of happiness thing doesn't apply to illegals either, right? 

I think we can agree that if guns kill people and that people kill people, there should be restrictions on which people can have a gun, and they shouldn't be 18-year-olds getting their hands on AR-15 so they can vaporize children at an elementary school.

I'm totally for elementary-school children not getting vaporized.

2 hours ago, Pimpadeaux said:

I think we can agree that if guns kill people and that people kill people, there should be restrictions on which people can have a gun, and they shouldn't be 18-year-olds getting their hands on AR-15 so they can vaporize children at an elementary school.

Why don't you put a gun on a table, and stare at it for the next 10 years to see if it moves on it's own and report back here with your findings. 

1 minute ago, seafoam1 said:

Why don't you put a gun on a table, and stare at it for the next 10 years to see if it moves on it's own and report back here with your findings. 

Alec Baldwin says he did not pull the trigger of the gun that killed Halyna Hutchins.  Charges against Baldwin were dropped.  So logically, guns kill people.   /sarcasm

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Pimpadeaux said:

I think we can agree that if guns kill people

No, Liberals agree on that because they won't focus on Biden, they need a Boogeyman. A gun never killed anyone, the A-Hole squeezing trigger killed someone. 

I'll let you know when my guns escape from their safes and go on a murder spree. 

6 hours ago, Pimpadeaux said:

So, illegals can bring drugs over the border but not guns? That's neat.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Pimpadeaux said:

We don't agree on your first point. We do have restrictions on who can have a gun. For instance, convicted felons are prohibited from owning guns. 

I do agree that illegals should also be prohibited from owning guns, which they are. Or, for that matter, exercising any constitutional rights in this country. They shouldn't be here to begin with. They should forfeit all rights until they come here legally. 

13 hours ago, Pimpadeaux said:

You think it was a registered weapon?   I can get one off the street no questions asked.  That is the problem...dont ask about all the stolen weapons from the atf storehouses...

On 4/29/2023 at 9:52 PM, jerryskids said:

Has anyone pointed out to Rusty that there isn't an April 31?  :D 

How about February?

15 minutes ago, edjr said:

How about February?

There isn't an April 31 in February either.  :thumbsup: