Sign in to follow this  
supermike80

Sports that could be mixed male and female

15 minutes ago, Strike said:

I never said women are mentally inferior so not sure what you're getting at.   And, to the extent that you may be getting that from my statement of men having a mental advantage, that would simply be in the context of competition and is more of a mentality than anything else.  And that isn't to say that there aren't ANY women with the same mentality as men but they're a much smaller percentage of the whole than men.

The post that you replied to, was my reply to horsec0ck saying that women are mentally inferior to men.

1 minute ago, GutterBoy said:

The post that you replied to, was my reply to horsec0ck saying that women are mentally inferior to men.

Gee, I thought I put enough qualifiers at the beginning of my post to make it clear that I wasn't trying to continue that discussion, but reengage on a somewhat different path that didn't denigrate women's intelligence.  I guess the following wasn't clear enough for you:

I'm not disputing what you're saying or trying to argue.  There are wicked smart women.  If men have a mental advantage it would be due to other mental traits. 

And then I go in to the discussion I was curious about.  But whatever.

42 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Are we talking strictly men against women or co-ed team against co-ed team.  I think soccer is a good co-ed sport.

Well when I posted I was referring to direct competition between males and females.  No distinction of a woman's division and a men's.  In other words, like in bowling,  men and women compete against each other directly.   Curling was a great example.  

22 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

That's funny.  You're completely lost in a discussion about mental capacity.  :lol:

• Haha 1

I think that sums it up.  The only example is curling where there is zero physical advantage and the only mental requirements are fundamental understanding of Newtonian Physics and Euclidean Geometry.  

11 minutes ago, RogerDodger said:

That's funny.  You're completely lost in a discussion about mental capacity.  :lol:

Sorry you're upset I highlighted your misogyny.

6 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Sorry you're upset I highlighted your misogyny.

:lol: = upset? 

Emotion projecting, congratulations, you're dumber than most women.  

51 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

They are doofus 

14 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

They are doofus 

I knew a girl that said that any performance car would eat up a Tesla 0-100.  She was a real doofus.

I think gymnastics has done a good job of using events which highlight the advantages of the sexes. A man wouldn't beat a woman on balance beam for instance.

• Like 1

And bowling, cmon, men can throw a heavier ball faster with more spin and control, all good things in bowling

I see that some said bowling and at one time, I thought that could be a possibility, but in today's game, I don't think a woman would stand a chance...

The game now is all rev rates and ball speed to get the maximum pin carry...  Watching the PBA Super Slam this weekend would prove that...  Women can read the lanes just as well as the men, but low rev rates, ball speed and ball weight would be a big disadvantage to the men...  Maybe 15 years ago, they would be equal, and you might find one or two in today's game that could compete, but if you put them together in one league, it would be a landslide IMO...

14 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Fits right in with the rest of your opinions. 

I only state facts not opinions 

2 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Are we talking strictly men against women or co-ed team against co-ed team.  I think soccer is a good co-ed sport.

Maybe at a professional level. I mean somebody's got to cut those oranges.

19 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I think gymnastics has done a good job of using events which highlight the advantages of the sexes. A man wouldn't beat a woman on balance beam for instance.

Somebody should have told that to Tina turner.

41 minutes ago, posty said:

I see that some said bowling and at one time, I thought that could be a possibility, but in today's game, I don't think a woman would stand a chance...

The game now is all rev rates and ball speed to get the maximum pin carry...  Watching the PBA Super Slam this weekend would prove that...  Women can read the lanes just as well as the men, but low rev rates, ball speed and ball weight would be a big disadvantage to the men...  Maybe 15 years ago, they would be equal, and you might find one or two in today's game that could compete, but if you put them together in one league, it would be a landslide IMO...

But why?   Hit the pocket.  You don't need to annihilate it, just hit the pins in the right place and they go down.  I understand you need some speed and power, but not a ton.  Not like men have an extra 10 feet of alley, or need to knock down 12 pins.   I don't see how being stronger gives you that much of an advantage over women.

14 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

But why?   Hit the pocket.  You don't need to annihilate it, just hit the pins in the right place and they go down.  I understand you need some speed and power, but not a ton.  Not like men have an extra 10 feet of alley, or need to knock down 12 pins.   I don't see how being stronger gives you that much of an advantage over women.

I didn't say they had to be stronger, I just said that the men's game is now all rev rates and ball speed...  Hitting the pocket is the important thing, but physics will show that a ball going about 19 mph with close to 500 rpm will do much more damage than a ball going about 16 mph and 350-400 rpm...  The men will just get more pin carry over the women in this instance...

6 minutes ago, posty said:

I didn't say they had to be stronger, I just said that the men's game is now all rev rates and ball speed...  Hitting the pocket is the important thing, but physics will show that a ball going about 19 mph with close to 500 rpm will do much more damage than a ball going about 16 mph and 350-400 rpm...  The men will just get more pin carry over the women in this instance...

Yeah that makes sense.   I can see what you're saying

4 hours ago, weepaws said:

Wet t shirt contest.  

Think this one through weepers.

Bowling isn’t a sport. Only someone who never played an actual sport would say it is.  

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Bowling isn’t a sport. Only someone who never played an actual sport would say it is.  

Bowling IS a sport.  HTH.

2 minutes ago, Strike said:

It doesn't know any better...

1 hour ago, Strike said:

Nope. If you can drink and smoke while doing it it’s not a sport. 

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Nope. If you can drink and smoke while doing it it’s not a sport. 

So swimming is the only sport. Makes sense.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Plus what’s the injury situation with bowling? Carpal Tunnel? Same thing as MDC and the gals in the typing pool? 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, supermike80 said:

I was channel surfing last night and saw ladies bowling and I though there is a sport where men and women could compete directly.   Got me to thinking of others

Horse Racing?

Nascar?

Darts(if you wanna call that a sport

Cornhole?

Already had women in nascar. Danica Patrick and she was SO fine

2 hours ago, Engorgeous George said:

So ....

Softball

golfing

fishing

sex

commuting

Distance running

8 hours ago, GutterBoy said:

I knew a girl that said that any performance car would eat up a Tesla 0-100.  She was a real doofus.

You drive a minivan, you're a walking L

• Thanks 1

dancing. all of its subvariants as well where you dont physically interact with an opponent, like choreographed jump rope.