Sign in to follow this  
paulinstl

AG Garland Appoints Special Counsel For Hunter Biden Case

What a load of crap.  He appointed David Weiss, the same attorney already working the case and who's office tried to weasel in a special deal for Hunter.  He's compromised.  This impedes congress' investigation.  If they really wanted to "get to the truth" they would have appointed a NEW person as special counsel.  That's the whole point of a special counsel.  To have someone both sides are happy with performing an independent investigation. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Squiz Logic: Some random, unknown dude on Twitter said it SO it must be true!

Leave Squid alone!!!  He's still recovering from that time Elon limited his Tweet reading to less than 300 per hour. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Kyle is on the Squishy Mt. Rushmore with Kappy, Hunter and Shaun King.  

• Haha 2

Just now, Strike said:

Leave Squid alone!!!  He's still recovering from that time Elon limited his Tweet reading to less than 300 per hour. 

Wow, I didn't know how oppressed Squiz was.  Elon - and America - are simply the worst people/country EVER.

4 minutes ago, Strike said:

What a load of crap.  He appointed David Weiss, the same attorney already working the case and who's office tried to weasel in a special deal for Hunter.  He's compromised.  This impedes congress' investigation.  If they really wanted to "get to the truth" they would have appointed a NEW person as special counsel.  That's the whole point of a special counsel.  To have someone both sides are happy with performing an independent investigation. 

In Garland’s defense, Barney Fife has been dead a long time.  

18 minutes ago, paulinstl said:

Attorney General Merrick Garland appoints a special counsel in the Hunter Biden probe | AP News

Good deal. Let's find out. This is why you appoint a Special Counsel, to get to the truth. Smart move, right call.

I think you and I will have to agree to disagree.

This is bad news.  This move prevents the congressoinal investigation from being effective, and allows Garland to slow walk it....to protect the Biden family.  No....this is very bad news for those of us interested in truth. 😔

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, RLLD said:

I think you and I will have to agree to disagree.

This is bad news.  This move prevents the congressoinal investigation from being effective, and allows Garland to slow walk it....to protect the Biden family.  No....this is very bad news for those of us interested in truth. 😔

I don't get it. People on the right have been screaming about equal justice. This is the same type of investigation that Garland has issued for Trump. You can't have it both ways.

1 hour ago, paulinstl said:

Attorney General Merrick Garland appoints a special counsel in the Hunter Biden probe | AP News

Good deal. Let's find out. This is why you appoint a Special Counsel, to get to the truth. Smart move, right call.

LOL... Hunter Biden's father appointed Merrick Garland to his post.  Do you really think there's going to be an unbiased investigation?

5 minutes ago, paulinstl said:

I don't get it. People on the right have been screaming about equal justice. This is the same type of investigation that Garland has issued for Trump. You can't have it both ways.

Oh, ok.  I didn't realize that Garland appointed one of Trumps friends to investigate him.  My bad.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Show us the proof! Provide a link. TIA 

And Congress is still going to do an investigation. In every Special Counsel investigation, there has been cooperation between both investigations. This might be the best chance to find out the truth. It is convenient that the MAGAs already have reasons to blame this investigation if it turns out to show Biden had no part in his son's actions.

I’d like to see this go to trial. Enough with the insinuations and innuendo — get the whole truth out there and let’s see what it is and let the chips fall where they may :thumbsup:

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, paulinstl said:

David Axelrod did a fluff piece on Nancy Pelosi. Greasing the wheel, so to speak. Gavin Newsom and Nancy Pelosi go hand in hand in politics. Everyone knows that. It's not a huge secret anywhere. 

The ONLY reason the majority of the MSM is even covering the Biden scandal and criticizing him now in public is because Axelrod ( as a front for Obama) wants Newsom to win the DNC ticket for 2024 POTUS. 

That's it. 

Otherwise these scandals would be buried. The DOJ is driven by public opinion. Public opinion is driven by what they see in the MSM and on Big Social Media. This is why the assassination attempt of SCOTUS Kavanaugh got little to no real coverage. It was wholly suppressed as much as possible by most of the MSM. 

24 minutes ago, paulinstl said:

And we won't.   I have stated from the start and quoted myself saying it over the last few weeks over in the Biden thread.

We will not get the same treatment for Biden as we are with Trump. The SP over with Trump is ramming it through with ferocity, doing what he can to ensure the investigation impedes the Trump election.  Now, watch what we get with this one.....it will not be the same. The DOJ will work to protect Joe Biden at all costs.  They even chose Wiess as the special prosecutor .....removing him from any potential testimony....very clever.

No, this is a game, and the DOJ is playing for the Democrats.....we all just lost....

They can throw any amount of obvious bullshit out there and the Paul’s will eat it up.  

26 minutes ago, paulinstl said:

And Congress is still going to do an investigation. In every Special Counsel investigation, there has been cooperation between both investigations. This might be the best chance to find out the truth. It is convenient that the MAGAs already have reasons to blame this investigation if it turns out to show Biden had no part in his son's actions.

They wouldn't be happy unless it was Trump himself doing the investigation. 

And in typical punk fashion , they do it on a Friday afternoon.  Nothing to see here folks, move along.  

17 minutes ago, RLLD said:

And we won't.   I have stated from the start and quoted myself saying it over the last few weeks over in the Biden thread.

We will not get the same treatment for Biden as we are with Trump. The SP over with Trump is ramming it through with ferocity, doing what he can to ensure the investigation impedes the Trump election.  Now, watch what we get with this one.....it will not be the same. The DOJ will work to protect Joe Biden at all costs.  They even chose Wiess as the special prosecutor .....removing him from any potential testimony....very clever.

No, this is a game, and the DOJ is playing for the Democrats.....we all just lost....

Why does it always go their way? 

• Like 1

I can see the future “we can’t comment on an ongoing investigation “. Book it.  

4 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Why does it always go their way? 

Put simply the Democrats are better at weaponizing the system to their advantage. They have no restraint in terms of the buse of,  or sense of obligation to, the spirit let alone the letter of law.   And in their minds the actions are justified because anyone else with an opposing idea is evil.....so they empower themselves to do anything....

Keep in mind, if they had not set this up.....Comer was going to start calling people in to the room to testify.....this had to be done to protect the Bidens and others. 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I can see the future “we can’t comment on an ongoing investigation “. Book it.  

Precisely.  They stonewall congress, slow-walk the investigation, end any hope of additional information coming out.....

The DOJ jsut shut this entire thing down. <_<

Let me get this straight, the guy who colluded with Hunter's lawyers to write a sweetheart deal of all-time, who never seemed interested in pursuing the case, only complained it was out of his hands, is now, out of nowhere, going to suddenly be granted Special Prosecutor, which will keep everyone in the "investigation" sealed and off-limits until after 2024, right? Am I reading that right??

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What a joke and it also appears to be illegal. 

Imagine starting this thread thinking it's a good thing... :doh:

2 hours ago, Fireballer said:

Yeah, you know it's bad when the MSM is pointing out your blatant bullshit.

1 hour ago, squistion said:

Show us the proof! Provide a link. TIA 

You provide unverified links from some unknown randos on Twitter but you want everyone else to provide verified links from trusted sources!  :lol:

GTFO.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

You provide unverified links from some unknown randos on Twitter but you want everyone else to provide verified links from trusted sources!  :lol:

GTFO.

Fun Fact: There's still no evidence linking Hunter Biden's alleged wrongdoing to President Biden.

1 hour ago, paulinstl said:

And Congress is still going to do an investigation. In every Special Counsel investigation, there has been cooperation between both investigations. This might be the best chance to find out the truth. It is convenient that the MAGAs already have reasons to blame this investigation IF it turns out to show Biden had no part in his son's actions.

IF?

7 minutes ago, squistion said:

Fun Fact: There's still no evidence linking Hunter Biden's alleged wrongdoing to President Biden.

Evidently someone doesn’t know the definition of evidence

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Dizkneelande said:

Let me get this straight, the guy who colluded with Hunter's lawyers to write a sweetheart deal of all-time, who never seemed interested in pursuing the case, only complained it was out of his hands, is now, out of nowhere, going to suddenly be granted Special Prosecutor, which will keep everyone in the "investigation" sealed and off-limits until after 2024, right? Am I reading that right??

If this is what's going on (I haven't looked into this story) then I've got a big fukkin problem with the appointment. 

51 minutes ago, squistion said:

Funner fact: There’s still no link to your brain and intelligence. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dizkneelande said:

Correct.  Now you might think this would be hard to defend.  But I assure you that Garland has already thought that through.  He is going to pretend that Weiss can make this process more efficient....make it go faster since he is so familiar with it.

I mean, really.....come on people....why are we allowing these guys to get away with this?????

5 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Correct.  Now you might think this would be hard to defend.  But I assure you that Garland has already thought that through.  He is going to pretend that Weiss can make this process more efficient....make it go faster since he is so familiar with it.

I mean, really.....come on people....why are we allowing these guys to get away with this?????

The "funniest" thing is that what Garland did is actually illegal, but who's going to hold him accountable?

https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/28/600.3