Sign in to follow this  
listen2me 23

How good will the Packers be?

You could sell me they'll finish dead ass last in the Div..................would also not be shocked to see them challenge for the Div - I honestly have no idea. 

10 hours ago, seafoam1 said:

I admit, rodgers has the same number.of superbowl wins as trent dilfer. That I guess is hall of fame worthy. :thumbsup:

I am sorry Rodgers has hurt you and owns the franchise you root for.  But this is about the 2023 Packers with Jordan Love at QB.  

Feel free to rail on Love but lets stay on topic.  Not get butthurt Rodgers has as many SBs as the Bears franchise.  

4 hours ago, listen2me 23 said:

I am sorry Rodgers has hurt you and owns the franchise you root for.  But this is about the 2023 Packers with Jordan Love at QB.  

Feel free to rail on Love but lets stay on topic.  Not get butthurt Rodgers has as many SBs as the Bears franchise.  

😆 Packers fans love thinking they are relevant.

On 8/29/2023 at 9:19 AM, Mike Honcho said:

Packer fan chiming in here---I expect 500ish team, but we see Love take his first steps to the HOF and lead the team to multiple SB wins.  I've become used to HOF QB's, and will be disappointed by anything less.

Called it.

• Like 1

Was hoping Jordan Love would suck. He's had an impressive camp and then scored on his first career drive and went on to put up more points in week one than any other team... of course he played the Bears but that's still impressive.

If this team hits on a QB again... well, I have about 40 more years on this planet...

2 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Was hoping Jordan Love would suck. He's had an impressive camp and then scored on his first career drive and went on to put up more points in week one than any other team... of course he played the Bears but that's still impressive.

As a Packers fan, the bare minimum that we expect of our quarterbacks is to beat the bears all the time, every time.

He's passed my minimum test and then some. 👍 

• Like 1

Vikings stink.  Bears really really stink.   Packers can win 9 and maybe compete for a WC.  If Purdy was not so damn good, the Lions would have a chance at the #1 seed.  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, jonmx said:

If Purdy was not so damn good,

Oh but he is. He's very good. Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuper Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooowl :banana:

1 hour ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Update?

They played a terrible, gonna be last in the league Bears team.  :dunno:

4 hours ago, jonmx said:

Vikings stink.  Bears really really stink.   Packers can win 9 and maybe compete for a WC.  If Purdy was not so damn good, the Lions would have a chance at the #1 seed.  

I dunno. The Vikings outplayed the Bucs, but gave up three costly turnovers as well as a 57 yard FG. Their luck from last year in close games didn't make it through the offseason but they're likely to still be relevant.

A few days ago, we did out predictions of who makes the playoffs and who doesn't. Were I to red-do my picks after week one, I'd swap out the Seahawks and replace them with the Packers. The Seahakws looked horrible in the second half of week one against the Rams.

On 9/11/2023 at 12:14 AM, listen2me 23 said:

Fields breakout year in full effect.  

The bears still suck

That's all you got left? 😆

30 minutes ago, Ultra Max Power said:

Thankfully they play Chicago Twice a year so we can still hype them. 

Beating the Bears is the bare minimum we expect regardless of how crappy they are.  We've been spoiled the last 30 years with two 1st ballet HOF QBs.  The pendulum was bound to swing back the the other way to the dark days of the 70's and 80's at some point.  No way we were going to strike Gold for a THIRD time.

Well, one thing I am fairly certain on is that the Packers should be able to get a good qb with their potentially top 5 draft pick in April.

41 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Beating the Bears is the bare minimum we expect regardless of how crappy they are.  We've been spoiled the last 30 years with two 1st ballet HOF QBs.  The pendulum was bound to swing back the the other way to the dark days of the 70's and 80's at some point.  No way we were going to strike Gold for a THIRD time.

I wish there were more Pack fans around that remembered those days. Hopefully they are beginning to be revisited for 5-10 years at least. If you're under 45 and a Packer fan you have a really unrealistic view of what being a fan even means. You've never had more than what, 2 mediocre years in a row since 1991?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fnord said:

I wish there were more Pack fans around that remembered those days. Hopefully they are beginning to be revisited for 5-10 years at least. If you're under 45 and a Packer fan you have a really unrealistic view of what being a fan even means. You've never had more than what, 2 mediocre years in a row since 1991?

Yep, that sounds about right.

I remember watching the Packers in the late '70s and all '80s with my dad and my brother.  Dark times indeed.  I remember Lynn dickey, Randy Wright and David whitehurst.  All of them were the guys that were going to turn this franchise around! Heck, I even got my picture taken with whitehurst at the Vince Lombardi golf classic when I was like 11 or 12 years old.

Makowski gave us one good year where we thought maybe the pack had turned things around, but nope. That was fool's gold.

Trading for farve was the start of the 30 years of winning, but the real turning point was when the pack signed Reggie White. Once he got here it showed all of the superstars of the league that Green Bay was a place that you could go to.

Aaron Rodgers aint hobbling through that door, for a 1st round playoff loss. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Yep, that sounds about right.

I remember watching the Packers in the late '70s and all '80s with my dad and my brother.  Dark times indeed.  I remember Lynn dickey, Danny White and David whitehurst.  All of them were the guys that were going to turn this franchise around! Heck, I even got my picture taken with whitehurst at the Vince Lombardi golf classic when I was like 11 or 12 years old.

Makowski gave us one good year where we thought maybe the pack had turned things around, but nope. That was fool's gold.

Trading for farve was the start of the 30 years of winning, but the real turning point was when the pack signed Reggie White. Once he got here it showed all of the superstars of the league that Green Bay was a place that you could go to.

You're probably right about White. That was a serious personnel coup by Wolf. Who have they signed since, though? After that run through the mid-late 90s, they've been an average team with HOF QB'ing. In 2010 they made a run based on a defense filled with no-names that played out of their minds for a couple months. 

I fully admit being biased as a Viking fan, but I'm really looking forward to football karma ravaging this team for a decade or so. Maybe by then I'll have it out of my system. The Vikes winning a title would help me along in that effort, but as a Viking (or any Minnesota pro team featuring players with testes) fan, I'm forced to be an unwilling realist about the vagaries of professional and high level collegiate sports. Someday, dammit, someday!

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Fnord said:

You're probably right about White. That was a serious personnel coup by Wolf. Who have they signed since, though? After that run through the mid-late 90s, they've been an average team with HOF QB'ing. In 2010 they made a run based on a defense filled with no-names that played out of their minds for a couple months. 

I fully admit being biased as a Viking fan, but I'm really looking forward to football karma ravaging this team for a decade or so. Maybe by then I'll have it out of my system. The Vikes winning a title would help me along in that effort, but as a Viking (or any Minnesota pro team featuring players with testes) fan, I'm forced to be an unwilling realist about the vagaries of professional and high level collegiate sports. Someday, dammit, someday!

The Vikes have had some good, even great teams, but the curse of the Old Met is upon them and shall be until they start playing outside again.  Damn, at one time they were fierce norsemen.  Now a bunch of quiche eating Minnetonka party boat, metermaid abusing, gjallorhorn blowers, and by gjallorhorn I mean .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Well, one thing I am fairly certain on is that the Packers should be able to get a good qb with their potentially top 5 draft pick in April.

That's my hope. 

Love has terrible footwork and throws off balance way too much.  And it's not even in situations where it's forced, he just doesn't setup properly.  And if they haven't gotten that out of him in 3 years, not sure if it ever happens.

1 hour ago, Fnord said:

Correction: Randy Wright, NOT Danny White.

❤️ isn't playing particularly great, especially in the first half. There's some young talent to build around but they'll have to find a way to get the ship righted.

1 hour ago, Engorgeous George said:

The Vikes have had some good, even great teams, but the curse of the Old Met is upon them and shall be until they start playing outside again.  Damn, at one time they were fierce norsemen.  Now a bunch of quiche eating Minnetonka party boat, metermaid abusing, gjallorhorn blowers, and by gjallorhorn I mean .

There's a great limited series on YouTube that covers the history of the Vikings by decade. Not worth watching if you're not a fan probably, but they explain at great length how truly snakebit that franchise is. 3rd highest winning percentage in the NFL in the SB era, never had more than 2 consecutive losing seasons, plenty of HOF players. Every other team above .500 has won at least one SB, and several that are well under that mark. Tampa Bay stands out as a franchise that's been a dumpster fire for 3/4ths of their existence, yet has 2 trophies. Not even the law of averages works in the Vikings' favor.

1 hour ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Correction: Randy Wright, NOT Danny White.

You mean Reggie, right?

Just now, Fnord said:

You mean Reggie, right?

No, I was talking specifically about QBs.  Randy Wright was a heralded QB out of the University of Wisconsin.  I think Danny White was a QB for the Cowboys.

1 minute ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

No, I was talking specifically about QBs.  Randy Wright was a heralded QB out of the University of Wisconsin.  I think Danny White was a QB for the Cowboys.

Gotcha. Yes Danny was a Cowboy QB. Still thought you were talking about the Reggie White signing.

Wait-- there was a heralded QB from Wisconsin? 

4 minutes ago, Fnord said:

Gotcha. Yes Danny was a Cowboy QB. Still thought you were talking about the Reggie White signing.

Wait-- there was a heralded QB from Wisconsin? 

Russell Wilson

Just now, Baker Boy said:

Russell Wilson

Meh. He was only there for a year, and he wasn't NFL heralded. No one thought he could play on Sundays initially. 

On 9/10/2023 at 7:06 PM, Mike Honcho said:

Called it.

It called back. Hung up. 

16 minutes ago, Fnord said:

Meh. He was only there for a year, and he wasn't NFL heralded. No one thought he could play on Sundays initially. 

I miss the Boston Herald. Those were the days. 

9 hours ago, Fnord said:

There's a great limited series on YouTube that covers the history of the Vikings by decade. Not worth watching if you're not a fan probably, but they explain at great length how truly snakebit that franchise is. 3rd highest winning percentage in the NFL in the SB era, never had more than 2 consecutive losing seasons, plenty of HOF players. Every other team above .500 has won at least one SB, and several that are well under that mark. Tampa Bay stands out as a franchise that's been a dumpster fire for 3/4ths of their existence, yet has 2 trophies. Not even the law of averages works in the Vikings' favor.

And yet the Vikes do have their moments, like last night.