Sign in to follow this  
TommyGavin

Dead pool update

Fock. Tim Wakefield dead at 57. 

The Boston Red Sox announced the death of longtime right-handed pitcher Tim Wakefield on Sunday. He was 57 years old.

The team issued the following statement:

Wake embodied true goodness; a devoted husband, father, and teammate, beloved broadcaster, and the ultimate community leader. He gave so much to the game and all of Red Sox Nation.

Our deepest love and thoughts are with Stacy, Trevor, Brianna, and the Wakefield family.

Wakefield, one of the majors' last prominent knuckleballers, appeared in 627 career games over 19-big-league seasons. He amassed a 4.41 ERA (105 ERA+) and a 1.79 strikeout-to-walk ratio. His contributions were worth an estimated 34.4 Wins Above Replacement, according to Baseball-Reference's calculations.

Wakefield began his career with the Pittsburgh Pirates. He was released early in the 1995 season, and subsequently latched on with the Red Sox. Despite debuting with Boston as a 28-year-old, he would go on to become the franchise's all-time leader in games started and innings pitched. Wakefield also ranks third in wins and sixth in Wins Above Replacement. 

It’s all good, he was a Christian, so he’s doing much better then we are. Today.  

7 minutes ago, weepaws said:

It’s all good, he was a Christian, so he’s doing much better then we are. Today.  

Suck my cork Bible boy

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, TommyGavin said:

Suck my cork Bible boy

This.   
What a pos to bring that up :thumbsdown:

Always liked him. Like how he reinvented himself. I was at the stadium for game 7 in 2003 when Boone took him deep on the walk off. Amazing that he is third on the Red Sox all time wins list behind CY Young and Clemens. RIP.  

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Always liked him. Like how he reinvented himself. I was at the stadium for game 7 in 2003 when Boone took him deep on the walk off. Amazing that he is third on the Red Sox all time wins list behind CY Young and Clemens. RIP.  

Never should've gotten to that point....Grady Focking Little :mad:

5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

That’s a surprise, I thought P Martinez. I remember Wakefield with the Pirates, after going to the Sox his Career really took off.  Very impressive third behind those two great hurlers.  

4 minutes ago, Thornton Melon said:

Never should've gotten to that point....Grady Focking Little :mad:

One of my lasting memories of that game is Posada dunking a garbage base hit in and acting like he drove one in the gap. Yanks caught some breaks that game for sure. But Mussina out of the pen was awesome. He saved the Yankees that night. 

1 minute ago, weepaws said:

That’s a surprise, I thought P Martinez. I remember Wakefield with the Pirates, after going to the Sox his Career really took off.  Very impressive third behind those two great hurlers.  

Sports Illustrated has a real nice summary of his career, accomplishments and what a humanitarian he was.  He was a real class act.

5 hours ago, Mike Honcho said:

Sports Illustrated has a real nice summary of his career, accomplishments and what a humanitarian he was.  He was a real class act.

stop it.  heres honcho to drive it straight into politics.  OFF.  the guy died.  leave it be.  and you gotta march in here with your god damn leftist rag magazne that shoves poiitics right into it.  "oh here is where he helped in the community".  im SURE if he was helping in the community ith regards to the right to bear arms, and runnig charity dries for that, youd snark all over him.   but he did APPROVED charities in your mind.  when Schilling dies, you wont call him trying to help with gun rights "charity work" and a humanitarian. 

SHUT THE FOCK UP AHOLE.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

9 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

stop it.  heres honcho to drive it straight into politics.  OFF.  the guy died.  leave it be.  and you gotta march in here with your god damn leftist rag magazne that shoves poiitics right into it.

What?

1 minute ago, thegeneral said:

What?

when schilling dies, this focking honcho will not call his work with protecting gun rights as humanitarian work, but he will call hen wakefield did as charity work.  hes sneaking politics into the backdoor of the deat of a focking athlete.  id punch honcho i the mouth if he was standing here.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, JustinCharge said:

when schilling dies, this focking honcho will not call his work with protecting gun rights as humanitarian work, but he will call hen wakefield did as charity work.  hes sneaking politics into the backdoor of the deat of a focking athlete.  id punch honcho i the mouth if he was standing here.

Hey Man, Wakefield was involved in the Jimmy Fund. It helps people with cancer. I think we’re all good with that, regardless of politics. It’s not approved. Just right. You’re reaching here. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

The article mentioned he did charity work for kids with cancer. What an odd take this is.

RIP Wakefield. Cancer is the focking worst. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

The article mentioned he did charity work for kids with cancer. What an odd take this is.

RIP Wakefield. Cancer is the focking worst. 

you are an ahole too.

5 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

you are an ahole too.

Jesus Christ, you must be hungover last a bastage this morning. There's no way those were sober posts. Nice job, moron.

5 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

stop it.  heres honcho to drive it straight into politics.  OFF.  the guy died.  leave it be.  and you gotta march in here with your god damn leftist rag magazne that shoves poiitics right into it.  "oh here is where he helped in the community".  im SURE if he was helping in the community ith regards to the right to bear arms, and runnig charity dries for that, youd snark all over him.   but he did APPROVED charities in your mind.  when Schilling dies, you wont call him trying to help with gun rights "charity work" and a humanitarian. 

SHUT THE FOCK UP AHOLE.

You really are an asssss. Just saying. 

14 hours ago, BeenHereBefore said:

I though this post was going to be about my Steelers.

They looked worse than the Browns.  Dtr is bad.  But at least we had an excuse...no chubb...watson etc.

10 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

I do not think you’d punch him.

Ya know, that kind of talk is more dangerous than you probably think.  You don’t know Honcho.  It isn’t especially hard to find a “stranger” from the internet.  Why gamble?  I’ve never understood this about the goons around here.  All very comfortable hurling incredible insults at people who just might decide to come visit you.

RIP to a good guy on and off the field. A terrible announcer for games though. 

10 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

Curt Schilling is an ass so why would he post something like that about him?  Wakefield was a good guy.  You're going way overboard here.

7 hours ago, Cloaca du jour said:

They looked worse than the Browns.  Dtr is bad.  But at least we had an excuse...no chubb...watson etc.

Steelers have coaching issues and not sure Kenny is the real deal and seems to be 1 read QB.

my first thought when hearing the name russ francis was "wasnt he in a wrestlemania?" my memory is way too good because he was in fact in wrestlemania 2.

https://sports.yahoo.com/stacy-wakefield-wife-of-late-former-red-sox-pitcher-tim-wakefield-dies-of-pancreatic-cancer-193327959.html

Stacy Wakefield, the wife of former Boston Red Sox pitcher Tim Wakefield, died Wednesday of pancreatic cancer, the Red Sox announced.

“It is with deep sadness that we share that our beloved mother, daughter, sister, niece, and aunt, Stacy, passed away today at her home in Massachusetts,” the family said in a statement.

“She was surrounded by her family and dear friends, as well as her wonderful caretakers and nurses. The loss is unimaginable, especially in the wake of losing Tim just under five months ago. Our hearts are beyond broken.”

Tim — who played 19 MLB seasons, including 17 for Boston from 1995 to 2011, and helped the Red Sox win two World Series titles — died of brain cancer on Oct. 1. He had a seizure following surgery to address his cancer.

The couple were married in 2002, and they are survived by their children, Trevor and Brianna.

“We will remember Stacy as a strong, loving, thoughtful and kind person, who was as down-to-earth as they come,” the statement said. “We feel so lucky to have had her in our lives, and we take comfort in the fact that she will be reunited with Tim, the love of her life.

“We would like to thank all of Stacy’s doctors, nurses and caretakers who helped her from diagnosis to today — we are eternally grateful for your unmatched care and support. And to all of you who have sent well wishes over these last several months, we truly appreciate your kindness.”

Focking sucks. RIP Wakes. Gotta be tough on the kids (even though they are adults). 

who knew cancer was transmissible 

31 minutes ago, edjr said:

who knew cancer was transmissible 

By injection obviously