Sign in to follow this  
BeenHereBefore

Can We Now Say Justin Herbert Is A Average QB ?

So much for the hype since he came into the league and never saw what the hype was about and still haven't. He's average to me and around 15 or so out of the 32 starters.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BeenHereBefore said:

So much for the hype since he came into the league and never saw what the hype was about and still haven't. He's average to me and around 15 or so out of the 32 starters.

Can't disagree with anything you said. Ironically, I just got home and was listening to the Jason Smith/Mike Harmon show on the radio. Jason was basically saying the same thing about Dak Prescott. He noted that because Dak played a pretty good game tonight, Jerry Jones and all the Cowboys faithful throughout the country will be saying it was an incredible performance. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, easilyscan said:

Can't disagree with anything you said. Ironically, I just got home and was listening to the Jason Smith/Mike Harmon show on the radio. Jason was basically saying the same thing about Dak Prescott. He noted that because Dak played a pretty good game tonight, Jerry Jones and all the Cowboys faithful throughout the country will be saying it was an incredible performance. 

I'd probably put Dak ahead of him but nothing fantastic about him either. Lot of not good starting qb's in the league now so maybe Herbert is closer to top 10 but he is nowhere the hype that he had.

• Thanks 1

Average is a stretch depending on what exactly that means.  He certainly has been hyped and gotten a pass compared to other QBs who don't win yet put up stats.  He is a solid young QB and the franchise has to figure it out.  

More so the Chargers are just overhyped.  Have been for about 20 straight years.  Some people can't quit them.  

This is ridiculous. Herbert remains one of the NFL's finest QBs.

Also, Mahomes is #2.

Tua is #1.

• Like 1

The GC is the worst for hot takes. 😂

Just a bunch of over reacting short fused twats.

Justin Herbert is better than avg, he's better than Dak, he had an average game last night, thats it.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, listen2me 23 said:

Average is a stretch depending on what exactly that means.  He certainly has been hyped and gotten a pass compared to other QBs who don't win yet put up stats.  He is a solid young QB and the franchise has to figure it out.  

More so the Chargers are just overhyped.  Have been for about 20 straight years.  Some people can't quit them.  

Gutterboy can.  Low character. 

5 hours ago, BeenHereBefore said:

I'd probably put Dak ahead of him but nothing fantastic about him either. Lot of not good starting qb's in the league now so maybe Herbert is closer to top 10 but he is nowhere the hype that he had.

I wouldn't go that far. If the Bears had a choice of the two, I would go Herbert all day. 

7 hours ago, BeenHereBefore said:

What I saw last night, I would not even say average.  He looked horrible. 

Herbert is definitely a Top 10 QB, probably closer to Top 5. The Cowboys D is elite and the Chargers are perennially overhyped.

Team of the Decade my ass. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MDC said:

Herbert is definitely a Top 10 QB, probably closer to Top 5.

Top 5....🤣🤣🤣

1 minute ago, jonmx said:

Top 5....🤣🤣🤣

Name the QBs you’d rather have. :dunno: 

He's a stud, his coach sucks and the team is overrated. 

Top 10, flirting with top 5.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Gepetto said:

Let's see a ranking. Prove you rank him as average. I want to see a list in order.

We've got 32 teams in the league, so average is 16/17.Good luck to BHB finding 15 names he likes better. Here's what I got: 

• Tua - I think he's displace Mahomes as #1 until he gets injured
  • Mahomes
  • Allen
  • Rodgers (if he counts)
  • Hurts
  • Jackson
  • (I'd have Herbert here at seven)
  • Goff
  • Stafford
  • Lawrence
  • Geno
  • Burrow
  • Purdy
  • Cousins
  • Stroud

I think there's a big dropoff here after 15  but if he wants Herbert at 16, he still needs two more from Dak, Carr, Wilson, Watson, and Mayfield. (Edit to add Richardson looked good in limited time) That's my top 21 before another big dropoff.

25 minutes ago, MDC said:

Name the QBs you’d rather have. :dunno: 

MaHomes...Tua....Hurts.....Burrow....Allen....Dak.....Goff.....

Hell, I would take Purdy.   I don't think Herbert is a winner.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, jonmx said:

Herbert record 27-27.   You don't get any more average than that. 

There's a guy who's record is 117-117, and there's a lot of people (NY'ers mainly), who think he's a H.O.F.'er.  :dunno:

34 minutes ago, jonmx said:

Dak, Goff and Purdy? Gtfo. :lol: 

1 minute ago, MDC said:

Dak, Goff and Purdy? Gtfo. :lol: 

No way in hell would Detroit or SF trade for Herbert.  No f-ing way 

3 hours ago, Voltaire said:

Also, Mahomes is #2.

Tua is #1.

I'm sure Mahomes can easily replicate or improve  on what Tua has accomplished in Miami, especially with that HC and those WR's

I seriously doubt Tua could've won a SB with the same team Mahomes won with last year.

Lazy take on your part.

Just now, jonmx said:

No way in hell would Detroit or SF trade for Herbert.  No f-ing way 

Straight up without any salary considerations? Hell yeah they would. Dallas would too. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, MDC said:

Straight up without any salary considerations? Hell yeah they would. Dallas would too. 

Goff is 5-1 and getting MVP talk.   Ummm, no f-ing way. 

41 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

There's a guy who's record is 117-117, and there's a lot of people (NY'ers mainly), who think he's a H.O.F.'er.  :dunno:

Yeah, it’s the same. 

Just now, TBayXXXVII said:

Agreed... .500 and .500 are the same.

Went looking for Herbert’s playoff stats. Didn’t see much. 

4 hours ago, BufordT said:

I'm sure Mahomes can easily replicate or improve  on what Tua has accomplished in Miami, especially with that HC and those WR's

I seriously doubt Tua could've won a SB with the same team Mahomes won with last year.

Lazy take on your part.

I'm not talking about last year. I'm talking right now, this year. Through six weeks in Miami, we've experienced an offensive wrecking ball only comparable in my lifetime to the '98 Rams Greatest Show on Turf or to Joe Montana's 49ers. Tua has that team in an offensive gear neither Mahomes nor most any HoF QB has ever reached.

Regarding last year, Mahomes continued to be great. And yes, a concussed Tua doesn't help his team. But even last year, Tua had had been leading the league in passer rating and y/a before he got dinged. Durability has been an issue. We almost didn't see the Tua 2023 version, the man nearly retired last offseason because of concussions.

44 minutes ago, MDC said:

Dallas might because Jerry is crazy. No way Detroit would trade for Herbert. Campbell is the coach we have been waiting for. Holmes is the GM we have been waiting for and because of them Goff is the QB we have been waiting for.  No way Holmes focks that up. 

8 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Went looking for Herbert’s playoff stats. Didn’t see much. 

His first playoff game in year 2 was better than Eli's.  The guy put up 30 points... which I think is 30 more than what Eli did.  No?

1 hour ago, jonmx said:

This is insane.

Mahomes, clear #1.

Tua and Purdy are system QBs, and they play in the same system and they're really good in it.

Burrow is #2

Josh Allen is #3

Dak, ugh, Dak is our definition of Avg QB and he's been on one the most talented teams during his career.  He led the league in INTs last season, has missed many games to injury, and has a 2-4 postseason record.  He is the picture of average.

Goff, come on man.  This is a guy that the Rams shipped out with picks, to unload his contract.  Another avg QB.

Hurts, starting to think he's just a one season wonder as this season has been not good.

1) Mahomes

2) Burrow

3) Allen

4) Herbert

5) Trevor Lawrence

1 minute ago, GutterBoy said:

This is insane.

Mahomes, clear #1.

Tua and Purdy are system QBs, and they play in the same system and they're really good in it.

Burrow is #2

Josh Allen is #3

Dak, ugh, Dak is our definition of Avg QB and he's been on one the most talented teams during his career.  He led the league in INTs last season, has missed many games to injury, and has a 2-4 postseason record.  He is the picture of average.

Goff, come on man.  This is a guy that the Rams shipped out with picks, to unload his contract.  Another avg QB.

Hurts, starting to think he's just a one season wonder as this season has been not good.

1) Mahomes

2) Burrow

3) Allen

4) Herbert

5) Trevor Lawrence

Everyone knows Mahomes is incredible but he's having an average year.  Dak and Fields have very similar stats so far this year.

1 hour ago, Voltaire said:

We've got 32 teams in the league, so average is 16/17.Good luck to BHB finding 15 names he likes better. Here's what I got: 

• Tua - I think he's displace Mahomes as #1 until he gets injured
  • Mahomes
  • Allen
  • Rodgers (if he counts)
  • Hurts
  • Jackson
  • (I'd have Herbert here at seven)
  • Goff
  • Stafford
  • Lawrence
  • Geno
  • Burrow
  • Purdy
  • Cousins
  • Stroud

I think there's a big dropoff here after 15  but if he wants Herbert at 16, he still needs two more from Dak, Carr, Wilson, Watson, and Mayfield. (Edit to add Richardson looked good in limited time) That's my top 21 before another big dropoff.

Tell me you don't watch football without telling me you don't watch football.

2 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Everyone knows Mahomes is incredible but he's having an average year.  Dak and Fields have very similar stats so far this year.

What makes a top 5 QB?  Stats for 6 games of one season or "I'm starting a franchise and get to pick my QB?"

25 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

I'm not talking about last year. I'm talking right now, this year. Through six weeks in Miami, we've experienced an offensive wrecking ball only comparable in my lifetime to the '98 Rams Greatest Show on Turf or to Joe Montana's 49ers. Tua has that team in an offensive gear neither Mahomes nor most any HoF QB has ever reached.

Regarding last year, Mahomes continued to be great. And yes, a concussed Tua doesn't help his team. But even last year, Tua had had been leading the league in passer rating and y/a before he got dinged. Durability has been an issue. We almost didn't see the Tua 2023 version, the man nearly retired last offseason because of concussions.

Lol relax.   After they scored 70 everyone is like how will anyone hold them under 40 rest of year???  Bills hold them to 20 the next week.  

They are real good on offense but people need to settle down.  Broncos roll over in a game and everyone loses their minds.

3 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

That was three years ago, and Goff's contract is the best non-rookie QB bargain contract in the NFL.  Goff is better than Herbert, and it is not even close.  Stats, Vegas, Records all point to Goff the last two years. 

1 minute ago, GutterBoy said:

What makes a top 5 QB?  Stats for 6 games of one season or "I'm starting a franchise and get to pick my QB?"

Mahomes is still a top 5 QB.  That's not what I was saying.

Herbert is a good QB. You all overthink things. There's a lot more to a successful team than tge QB. None of you know football.