Sign in to follow this  
supermike80

FSU got hosed

What a joke. Undefeated.  With best qb out. And Alabama gets in.  After an Auburn hail mary?

Bs man. I feel for FSU fans

• Like 1

Punishment by the NCAA for still doing the chant ? 

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like I heard Alabama beat 5 different teams that were ranked number 1 at the time this year. Not saying that makes things right, but it's pretty impressive.  

One reason I’ve been hearing today is bc the qb got injured. How does that make any sense unless he was injured yesterday and it would affect the playoff games?

Agreed, they should have gotten in. 

4 minutes ago, BeenHereBefore said:

I been saying for years 4 team playoffs is still crap.

Couldn't agree more. Should be 8 teams. 

• Like 1

• Other relevant factors such as unavailability of key players and coaches that may have affected a team’s performance during the season or likely will affect its postseason performance.

Florida State is not a top 4 team without Travis. The committee saved us from a blowout semi-final game. 

2 minutes ago, avoiding injuries said:

Then the 9th team would be screwed…

True, but what are the chances that team would be undefeated ?

Go UW!  I don't really give a sh1t but I paid plenty of tuition money when my daughter went there. 

Just now, easilyscan said:

True, but what are the chances that team would be undefeated ?

That was tongue in cheek. Look at the basketball bracket. Even with 64 (66?), there’s complaining. 

4 minutes ago, avoiding injuries said:

That was tongue in cheek. Look at the basketball bracket. Even with 64 (66?), there’s complaining. 

I hear ya.

Shouldn’t be a playoff,  this time of situation doesn’t need to be done in cf.  it just makes it even more messy at the end of the season. 

No matter how many teams can qualify a few will always have a good reason that their team should have made it.  

Put this to bed, go back to 1vs2.  Like that a lot better.  

Agree. FSU did everything the committee asked for. 1. Win your conference. 2. Be in a power 5 conference. 3. Go unbeaten. They did all of that and still punished them because of an injury. Terrible.

20 minutes ago, crackattack said:

Agree. FSU did everything the committee asked for. 1. Win your conference. 2. Be in a power 5 conference. 3. Go unbeaten. They did all of that and still punished them because of an injury. Terrible.

Yep they deserve to be there no matter what but as always in the end it comes down to TV ratings.

• Like 1

First ever undefeated power 5 team to be left out of the final 4. That's a problem. FSU got focked.

9 hours ago, BeenHereBefore said:

Yep they deserve to be there no matter what but as always in the end it comes down to TV ratings.

This. Herbstreit pretty much said it’s about having good games for TV.

10 hours ago, easilyscan said:

Couldn't agree more. Should be 8 teams. 

I was always thinking 7 teams. It's more NFL style thinking. But give the #1 ranked a bye as their reward for being #1.

Then the next 6 get in.

But yeah. 8 works too.

11 hours ago, supermike80 said:

What a joke. Undefeated.  With best qb out. And Alabama gets in.  After an Auburn hail mary?

Bs man. I feel for FSU fans

How?? FSU would get DESTROYED by any of those 4. It wouldn't even be a game. Undefeated doesn't mean you're the best. They did us a favor by not putting FSU in. 

1 hour ago, League Champion said:

How?? FSU would get DESTROYED by any of those 4. It wouldn't even be a game. Undefeated doesn't mean you're the best. They did us a favor by not putting FSU in. 

Alabama got by Auburn, a terrible team, with a miracle.  I get the argument, but not in this case.   I see teams hiding injuries now.....because they were penalized for it.   FSU fans got hosed.  

Perhaps they want to avoid another TCU escapade.  Its the right move. 

10 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

FSU fans got hosed.  

It's not about FSU Fans. You know as well as I do that FSU would get throttled by Alabama. Alabama is light years superior to FSU. Nobody got hosed. 

6 minutes ago, League Champion said:

It's not about FSU Fans. You know as well as I do that FSU would get throttled by Alabama. Alabama is light years superior to FSU. Nobody got hosed. 

FSU got hosed.   Win the conference, signature wins, go undefeated in a power 5 and be left out.  They got screwed.

Its about money and ratings...of course...and someone has to get screwed with there are only 4 spots for 5 conferences, and FSU got the short end here.

Just now, supermike80 said:

FSU got hosed.   Win the conference, signature wins, go undefeated in a power 5 and be left out.  They got screwed.

Its about money and ratings...of course...and someone has to get screwed with there are only 4 spots for 5 conferences, and FSU got the short end here.

Not sure I agree entirely.   Had they still had their QB in place then maybe they get in.  Without that QB they are maybe a .500 team.   It would be unwise to allow them in right now, only to be absolutely mauled....no one wants to see that, and advertisers would not care for it....so they have to do it this way.  The good news is that next year FSU would be in I think, but still be throttled....

Just now, RLLD said:

Not sure I agree entirely.   Had they still had their QB in place then maybe they get in.  Without that QB they are maybe a .500 team.   It would be unwise to allow them in right now, only to be absolutely mauled....no one wants to see that, and advertisers would not care for it....so they have to do it this way.  The good news is that next year FSU would be in I think, but still be throttled....

Oh next year they would definitely be in.  

Throttled or not, they earned the right to be in.   But yes, its all about the $$.  Nothing else.  That is college football these days

Everyone knows it's about money. Everyone knows FSU isn't a top 4 team right now due to injuries. That said, they still did everything right and got punished. 

If Alabama was undefeated and their #1 and 2 qb were hurt, you honestly think they'd be left out? No chance. It was a screw job to get an SEC team in.

• Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, crackattack said:

Everyone knows it's about money. Everyone knows FSU isn't a top 4 team right now due to injuries. That said, they still did everything right and got punished. 

If Alabama was undefeated and their #1 and 2 qb were hurt, you honestly think they'd be left out? No chance. It was a screw job to get an SEC team in.

:first:

1 hour ago, crackattack said:

Yeah, no way were they going to NOT have an SEC team in.  That being said, I wish @phillybearwere still around to tell us how overrated the SEC is, because this year he would be correct.  I just listened to a breakdown of their non-conference schedules and performance in those schedules, and both were pathetic.  

It looks like we have Georgia vs. FSU in the Orange Bowl, though.  So I guess we'll get a taste of if they belonged in the playoff.  

12 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Yeah, no way were they going to NOT have an SEC team in.  That being said, I wish @phillybearwere still around to tell us how overrated the SEC is, because this year he would be correct.  I just listened to a breakdown of their non-conference schedules and performance in those schedules, and both were pathetic.  

It looks like we have Georgia vs. FSU in the Orange Bowl, though.  So I guess we'll get a taste of if they belonged in the playoff.  

That bowl game is moot :dunno:. I believe FSU would've got beat and possibly beat bad in the BCS. But it doesn't matter now. They deserved to be in due to the standards of the BCS. Undefeated power 5 teams don't get left out. Well, until now. It was a pure financial decision. If FSU beats Georgia, all that does is make it worse. It was a royal screw job. I feel bad for the players and coaches that overcame injuries and still got hosed. 

3 minutes ago, crackattack said:

That bowl game is moot :dunno:. I believe FSU would've got beat and possibly beat bad in the BCS. But it doesn't matter now. They deserved to be in due to the standards of the BCS. Undefeated power 5 teams don't get left out. Well, until now. It was a pure financial decision. If FSU beats Georgia, all that does is make it worse. It was a royal screw job. I feel bad for the players and coaches that overcame injuries and still got hosed. 

I didn't say that well:  when I said that the SEC was overrated, I was saying that FSU should have gotten in.  I generally prefer the "team who earned it" approach vs. the "best team based on computers or somebody's opinion" approach.  Alabama was a miracle pass over Auburn away from being a two-loss team.  They were ranked 8th and an afterthought.  Now they leapfrog an undefeated FSU, one who beat two SEC teams non-conference? (LSU and Florida).  Not good.

Just now, League Champion said:

16 points against Louisville, please 🥺

Alabama lost to Texas, beat unranked Arkansas by 3.  Beat unranked Auburn by 3.  Beat unranked Texas A&M by 6.   Not that impressive of a resume either.

Blame blackface

Alabama lost to Texas, beat unranked Arkansas by 3.  Beat unranked Auburn by 3.  Beat unranked Texas A&M by 6.   Not that impressive of a resume either.

Did they beat undefeated Georgia with the world watching?

They beat up #1 Georgia, the best team all season, the back to back defending National Champion. The early season loss means nothing. 

You can't go by record. Use your eyeballs. Alabama would smoke FSU, they're just that much better. 

1 minute ago, League Champion said:

They beat up #1 Georgia, the best team all season, the back to back defending National Champion. The early season loss means nothing. 

You can't go by record. Use your eyeballs. Alabama would smoke FSU, they're just that much better. 

They didn't beat up on them.  They won by a field goal.  

I'm not interested in a subjective selection.   FSU did everything they should, with a 3rd string QB, and got hosed.

You could argue OSU should be in ahead of Texas if you're going to use the stupid eye test.

Should Georgia be in over Texas as well?  

Dumb.