cmh6476

Let's discuss the NFL's divisional round matchups

Packers/ 49ers  

23 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Packers/ 49ers

2. 2. Buccaneers/ Lions

3. 3. Chiefs/ Bills

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/20/2024 at 09:00 PM

Some pretty large opening lines...

49ers (-9.5) vs Packers

Ravens (-8.5) vs Texans

Bills (-3) vs Chiefs

And it's looking like it'll probably be Lions (-6) vs Buccaneers

49ers, Ravens, Chiefs, Lions

All the home teams win.  The only road team that I would like to see win, Mayfields.  I think that would be a great story.  

2 minutes ago, weepaws said:

All the home teams win.  The only road team that I would like to see win, Mayfields.  I think that would be a great story.  

he’s a FA too

How would you rank the QBs?

1. Mahomes, 2. Allen, 3. Love, 4. Stroud, 5. Purdy, 6. Jackson, 7. Goff, 8. Mayfield

?

How many teams do you feel have a chance at winning 3 more games?  Maybe 6?

57 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

Some pretty large opening lines...

49ers (-9.5) vs Packers

Ravens (-8.5) vs Texans

Bills (-3) vs Chiefs

And it's looking like it'll probably be Lions (-6) vs Buccaneers

The large opening lines make sense. Besides Bills / Chiefs there's a real talent gap in the other three games. 

41 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Lions cover. Bills cover. Ravens and 49ers win but don’t cover. 

I find that interesting, I see it differently, I think the Lions don’t cover, but all the other home teams win easily.  

I could see the Buccaneers defeating the Lions because Tampa's defense is really good and Detroit's is not.

2 hours ago, weepaws said:

Yep

45 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

I could see the Buccaneers defeating the Lions because Tampa's defense is really good and Detroit's is not.

Yep.

Think that’s going to be a very good matchup, Mayfield is playing really good right.  Bucs have a good shot.  

Orchard Park area is getting another 30 inches of snow through Thursday.  Weekend fot game looks fine however.  Low 20s upper teens.  

I dunno.  TB looks good but let's be honest, the defensive performance shown by the Eagles last night was pathetic.  Sorry tackling, no energy.  I don't see that from Detroit next week.  They are fired up and I doubt you will see the complete lack of effort defensively that you saw last night.

Not sure they cover, but I see them winning

Bills will beat the Chiefs and cover

Balt covers easily

I am just not sure about the SF GB Game...I think a bye week can hurt a team sometimes. Do they come out flat?

Go any team other than the Chiefs...  Screw them...

8 hours ago, weepaws said:

I find that interesting, I see it differently, I think the Lions don’t cover, but all the other home teams win easily.  

Keep on doubting...soon you too will discover what us Packer fans have know about for awhile.

7 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

I am just not sure about the SF GB Game...I think a bye week can hurt a team sometimes. Do they come out flat?

What I'm wondering about is how much does it play into the game that they both run the same offense developed when Shanny and MLF were assistants together?  

I like that the Chiefs seem to be coming in as underdogs

Also, I want a 6th in a row AFC Championship at Arrowhead :banana:

So give me the Texans and Chiefs, please.  If that happens I'll have two tickets and likely be headed to the game :thumbsup:

ORCHARD PARK - As the Buffalo Bills turn their attention to Sunday night’s AFC divisional round playoff game against the Kansas City Chiefs, injuries are a major storyline.

Their 31-17 victory over the Pittsburgh Steelers exacted a heavy price on the defense as cornerbacks Christian Benford and Taron Johnson, linebackers Terrel Bernard and Baylon Spector, and punter Sam Martin all suffered injuries, and only Martin was able to play after he tweaked his hamstring.

Tuesday, coach Sean McDermott said that all of those players, plus four others who were hurt in the Week 18 game at Miami and missed the wild-card game - wide receiver Gabe Davis, cornerback Rasul Douglas, linebacker Tyrel Dodson and safety Taylor Rapp - would all be evaluated on a “day-to-day” basis.

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/football/nfl/bills/2024/01/16/buffalo-bills-injury-report-update-terrel-bernard-christian-benford-taron-johnson-rasul-douglas/72247457007/

10 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

Also, I want a 6th in a row AFC Championship at Arrowhead :banana:

So give me the Texans and Chiefs, please.  If that happens I'll have two tickets and likely be headed to the game :thumbsup:

Hopefully you'll be disappointed, but if it does happen would you be taking your son?

10 hours ago, Mike Honcho said:

What I'm wondering about is how much does it play into the game that they both run the same offense developed when Shanny and MLF were assistants together?  

don't you mean MaLF?  :lol:

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Mike Honcho said:

Keep on doubting...soon you too will discover what us Packer fans have know about for awhile.

Ouch. Using San Francisco’s own Huey Lewis to pump up the Pack. 

20 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

1. Mahomes, 2. Allen, 3. Love, 4. Stroud, 5. Purdy, 6. Jackson, 7. Goff, 8. Mayfield

?

Terrible take. But that's just you so....

40 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

don't you mean MaLF?  :lol:

I laughed, but to be honest I immediately read that as MILF at first. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Just now, seafoam1 said:

Terrible take. But that's just you so....

What is your order? 

Just now, DonS said:

What is your order? 

Allen, Stroud, Mayfield, Love, Mahomes, Goff, Jackson.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, DonS said:

Hopefully you'll be disappointed, but if it does happen would you be taking your son?

I would, but he's concerned the pizza place he works out won't appreciate him missing all  these workdays :mellow:

The Lions swept the NFC South this year and Tampa Bay, particularly, was one of the easiest wins of the year, so this was the round two matchup I'd hoped for. Better than risk seeing Philly get their act together.

5 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

I would, but he's concerned the pizza place he works out won't appreciate him missing all  these workdays :mellow:

FOCK THE MAN!!!!

And how come the Browns got so much love, but the No. 2 defense doesn't?

https://www.foxsports.com/articles/nfl/2023-nfl-defense-rankings-team-pass-and-rush-stats

You guys I'm not so amped up on the offense this year, but I am on the defense.  I've been tooting their horn all year, but they still aren't getting the credit they deserve for how far this team has come.  The other thing I think KC has going for them this week is health.  The ability to rest players week 18, not having the knock-down, drag-out the Bills did with the Steelers, and the number of guys that left the field and never came back for Buffalo.  Not to mention all the players they had sit out yesterday.  Now they on a short week and the Chiefs are rolling into town.  LFG!

4 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

https://www.foxsports.com/articles/nfl/2023-nfl-defense-rankings-team-pass-and-rush-stats

You guys I'm not so amped up on the offense this year, but I am on the defense.  I've been tooting their horn all year, but they still aren't getting the credit they deserve for how far this team has come.  The other thing I think KC has going for them this week is health.  The ability to rest players week 18, not having the knock-down, drag-out the Bills did with the Steelers, and the number of guys that left the field and never came back for Buffalo.  Not to mention all the players they had sit out yesterday.  Now they on a short week and the Chiefs are rolling into town.  LFG!

What would you say was the chiefs best win this regular season? 

2 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

Yeah the injures are a big factor.  I've been shocked at how well Buffalo has managed to still perform with all the injuries on defense.  Now that the overperforming backups are now hurt they're running on fumes.

The scariest thing is how KC made the gutsy call to rest a healthy Kadarius Toney in preparation for the showdown with Buffalo. :shocking:

11 minutes ago, DonS said:

Yeah the injures are a big factor.  I've been shocked at how well Buffalo has managed to still perform with all the injuries on defense.  Now that the overperforming backups are now hurt they're running on fumes.

The scariest thing is how KC made the gutsy call to rest a healthy Kadarius Toney in preparation for the showdown with Buffalo. :shocking:

Addition by subtraction

22 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

What would you say was the chiefs best win this regular season? 

It was Miami in Germany for me because I went to the watch party in kc and they had an amazing brunch and it was a blast. 

From a football perspective, they didn't play any cupcakes imo.  Easiest game was the last week against chargers without herbert but they rested starters.  Best performance for them probably was the Miami game.   

Give me a team with a top 10 defense and pat mahomes any year.  It's a recipe for success. 

21 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

?

Allen, Stroud, Lamar, Love, Mahomes, Goff, Mayfield, Purdy.

In 2012 you guys were probably going:

P Manning, Rodgers, Wilson, Ryan, Kaeppernick, Flacco, Brady, Schaub