seafoam1

Bud Light sales down nearly 30% year over year as rivals continue to climb

Want to attract the young, have an unadvertised marketing campaign.  one which can be organically discovered and which can go viral.  Put QR codes inside the carton on a twelve pack or on the bottom of cans of a six pack.  Don't market why that was done. When the curious scan the code have it provide two tickets to the hottest summer concert for your new targeted consumer, whatever that concert may be.  Kids will discover it pretty quickly and will do your viral advertising for you as they can't help but share information.  For the price of maybe 5,000 concert tickets Bud Light could become a sensation.

I see the thread title, 30% down...and just keep thinking, 'really it was a tranny that made you stop drinking that pizz?'  It's so bad.  🤢

Just now, Mike Honcho said:

I see the thread title, 30% down...and just keep thinking, 'really it was a tranny that made you stop drinking that pizz?'  It's so bad.  🤢

Images that. It took a Tranny for people to realize that the beer actually sucks 😂

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

Were I charged with attracting young drinkers I might have sponsored events at the X games. I might have shown young, fit happy, attractive folks having a cold one after a run on a mountain bike, skateboard, or maybe a kayak shooting a rapid.  I might have shown a group of young folk communting after work in  their bikes, e-bikes, and scooters, beating old farts stuck in traffic, and then quenching their thrist with a cold bud light.  I would not have marketed to Trannys.  I would distance myself from politics as far as possible as libs don't drink major brand beer when they drink beer.

I find Bud now using old farts Peyton Manning and Emmit Smith to try to attract drinkers hilarious.   New drinkers do not remember Emmit and only sort of relate to Peyton. 

Correct.  Her statement wasn’t wrong.  Using trannys to try to do it was

9 hours ago, TimHauck said:

I know math is hard for people like Horsecrap that think “could care less” is proper grammar, but here goes:

Super Bowl commercial: $14 million

6-Pack of Bud Light (I’d guess that’s about the average purchase size overall, although I’m not in the beer industry) : $9.48 at my local Walmart

So, they need to sell around 1.5 million 6-packs to people that otherwise wouldn’t have bought it for the commercial to break even.  Seems unlikely.

Really seems like they should just reduce the price.  At my Walmart you can get a 6 pack of Yuengling for $0.75 less, Blue Moon for the same price, Heineken, Corona or Dos Equis for $1 more, or Stella for $1.50 more, or 12-packs of Miller and Coors for $0.50 more (cheaper than Bud Light 12-packs)  Those are all better values even if you don’t care about trannies.  I’m honestly shocked they’re not lower priced than Miller and Coors, I thought they were all usually the same even before the Mulvaney fiasco.

Blue Moon is not the same price as Bud Light.

Oh, if I wanted to market to Trannys I might have gone old school and used CGI top insert some Bud light cans into a cut of the Sweet transvestitie sceen from Rocky Horror Picture Show.  I would have played the add before Halloween so it was not clear if it was a Halloween ad or pandering to Trannys.

4 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

Blue Moon is not the same price as Bud Light.

On the Walmart app for my area it is (and not even with a rollback on Blue Moon)

13 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Correct.  Her statement wasn’t wrong.  Using trannys to try to do it was

Of course it was wrong.  Was Bud Light popular with blue collar construction worker types?  If so, they're not exactly "fratty", are they?

4 minutes ago, Strike said:

Of course it was wrong.  Was Bud Light popular with blue collar construction worker types?  If so, they're not exactly "fratty", are they?

“Fratty” was referring to their marketing, not the consumers.   She specifically said they wanted to appeal to younger consumers, as well as women, and “fratty” of course implies they were really just marketing to men.

12 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

On the Walmart app for my area it is (and not even with a rollback on Blue Moon)

Walmart In my area: a six pack of blue moon costs $9.73 and Bud Light is $8.27. 

Her mistake was thinking there was a way to expand the Bud Light market to trannies and trans allies.  

It’s no coincidence she now is reportedly working marketing for yoplait yogurt.  She is tasked with increasing the vanilla brand share.  

Just now, TimHauck said:

“Fratty” was referring to their marketing, not the consumers.   She specifically said they wanted to appeal to younger consumers, as well as women, and “fratty” of course implies they were really just marketing to men.

And they were making money doing so...... there is nothing wrong with marketing to a target audience of course, even if it happens to be men....I wonder, have they learned this lesson?

1 minute ago, thegeneral said:

Link for what?

Link to Dana White saying it wasn't gay anymore.  

1 minute ago, TimHauck said:

What makes you think that?   Link or are you making sh*t up again?  Regardless, people perceived it as I just described and that is why there was outrage.

37 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

Want to attract the young, have an unadvertised marketing campaign.  one which can be organically discovered and which can go viral.  Put QR codes inside the carton on a twelve pack or on the bottom of cans of a six pack.  Don't market why that was done. When the curious scan the code have it provide two tickets to the hottest summer concert for your new targeted consumer, whatever that concert may be.  Kids will discover it pretty quickly and will do your viral advertising for you as they can't help but share information.  For the price of maybe 5,000 concert tickets Bud Light could become a sensation.

Gen Z favors hard beverages, champagne, and drinks with little or no alcohol over wine and beer. And a higher percentage of Gen Z dollars are spent on sweeter spirits like cognac, flavored malt beverages, cordials, and blush wine.

that was the wrong approach, you create a product that generation Z wants. It looks like their beverage choices show their taste are a little bit higher than Bud Light. Bud Light is the beer of binge drinkers.

It’s easier to keep customers than get new ones. She didn’t learn that at Harvard? 

30 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

Gen Z favors hard beverages, champagne, and drinks with little or no alcohol over wine and beer. And a higher percentage of Gen Z dollars are spent on sweeter spirits like cognac, flavored malt beverages, cordials, and blush wine.

that was the wrong approach, you create a product that generation Z wants. It looks like their beverage choices show their taste are a little bit higher than Bud Light. Bud Light is the beer of binge drinkers.

I agree.  Were I seeking that market share I would not have done so with Bud Light.  Still, her challenge was to seek that share with the very imperfect vehicle of Bud Light.

7 minutes ago, Tree of Knowledge said:

Her mistake was thinking there was a way to expand the Bud Light market to trannies and trans allies.  

Agree.

6 minutes ago, RLLD said:

And they were making money doing so...... 

But like I said that’s usually not enough for greedy corporations, especially if sales were already declining.    They probably did need to try to find a new audience.  They should have been able to do that without alienating their existing one.

5 minutes ago, Strike said:

What makes you think that?   Link or are you making sh*t up again?  Regardless, people perceived it as I just described and that is why there was outrage.

Uh, her quote. “It was really important that we had another approach” - clearly that’s talking about their marketing.  But yeah, of course idiots like you and “Colin Rugg” interpreted it the way you said.

3 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Agree.

But like I said that’s usually not enough for greedy corporations, especially if sales were already declining.    They probably did need to try to find a new audience.  They should have been able to do that without alienating their existing one.

Uh, her quote. “It was really important that we had another approach” - clearly that’s talking about their marketing.  But yeah, of course idiots like you and “Colin Rugg” interpreted it the way you said.

Clearly her education blinded her.  She was indoctrinated and so could not percieve anything beyond that indoctrination.  Her education made her a functional idiot and she still does not see that.

• Thanks 1

Just now, TimHauck said:

Keep in mind that this is part and parcel of modern liberalism.   Remember, it is not enough to not be <insert dogmatic principle>.....you must be ANTI <insert dogmatic principle>.

The indoctrination of a liberal means they have to assail their ideological opponents as a core tenet.  Not their ideas.....but THEM.

So, it stands to reason that this individual harkened to that principle, and in addition to looking for a marketing angle, had to also insult as part of the effort.....

15 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

I see nothing in link about Dana saying it is no longer a gay beer.  

So a tranny was the only way to attract new customers I guess. Bullshit. She’s a woketard, that’s what she was taught, that’s what she knows. She injected her wokeness into her business. Stop hiring  these people and giving them positions up the chain too fast because of where they went to school. And that’s the only reason she was in that spot in the first place. I bet her pronouns were on point. 

4 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

Clearly her education blinded her.  She was indoctrinated and so could not percieve anything beyond that indoctrination.  Her education made her a functional idiot and she still does not see that.

Bingo. 

54 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

Bud Light could become a sensation to those who like c0ck in their ass. 

Fixed. 

Want new customers? Go to spring break and musical festivals or where ever the young people are and give your swill away. Some of them probably never had it before. Some may like it. Boom! Customer. But that takes work. Finding one Tranny and cutting him a check is easy.  Then you can call it a day and go the Hamptons and tell all your fabulous friends the great work you did. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Maybe he wants to make Americans all gay then 🤔 

You go Dana 🌈

15 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Pretty close

4 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Pretty close

Dana announcing he is drinking the previously known very gay beer is pretty recent so was curious his endorsement had on sales. 

When Target put Tranny swimwear prominently on display; Anheuser Bush said: "Dylan Mulvaney (trans boy) Hold my Bud Light Beer".

I thought liberals were the creative ones? Seems the best they can do is shove some lgbtq + themes into products and entertainment.  Hey look, Star Wars is the most successful movie franchise ever. Know what would make it better? Not great stories or characters and special affects. Nah. Just shove some rainbow stuff in there and claim it’s edgy. It’s basic and boring at this point. Saw a commercial for laundry detergent the other day. Black guy with an apron on. Give me a Fockin break. No, I’m not boycotting it. But it’s just so stupid and pandering. 

14 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Pretty close

Says nothing about gays or being a gay beer.  

Just now, thegeneral said:

Breaking news: Commercials are pandering!

Doesnt look like you know what it means. Not surprising. 

Just now, listen2me 23 said:

Says nothing about gays or being a gay beer.  

It’s not gay anymore! Back in the pool!

8 minutes ago, The Psychic Observer said:

Kid Rock came out and said he's done boycotting Bud Light and is serving it at his bar and events

So he is a .

41 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Agree.

Nope.  Was their marketing "fratty" when they were the primary sponsor of Dale Earnhardt Jr. for his entire NASCAR career?   Going back a little further, was their "real men of genius" campaign that highlighted people of varying professions "fratty?"   I don't think so.  But regardless, she misread EVERYTHING.  

As far as trying to get a new demographic, that's just stupid.  Do you guys know how many different beverages that company owns?  If a single beverage is going to appeal to EVERYONE, why do they, along with their parent corporation, own/market 400 beverages?  Here's a list:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AB_InBev_brands

So, the answer to expanding your audience beyond Bud Light drinkers is to market your OTHER offerings to those demographics, not try to force that demographic to drink something they have no interest in drinking.  Apparently they don't teach that basic concept at Harvard.

Cultist love to try to cancel companies for literally nothing.

Y'all get outraged like chicks on your periods.

SAD