seafoam1

Bud Light sales down nearly 30% year over year as rivals continue to climb

4 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

Can you imagine having a supreme court full of black women who don't know what a woman is?

Can you imagine having a Supreme Court full of seafoam who doesn’t understand how humanity works.  

• Like 1

Just now, weepaws said:

Can you imagine having a Supreme Court full of seafoam who doesn’t understand how humanity works.  

I heard the new bottles of Holy Water have a picture of 2 queers engaging in shenanigans on it. 

2 minutes ago, Tree of Knowledge said:

It’s a gay brand now.

Considering only Gays drink Bud Light, yes. 

1 minute ago, Maximum Overkill said:

I heard the new bottles of Holy Water have a picture of 2 queers engaging in shenanigans on it. 

That’s for the Catholic, go talk to one, foolish one.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, squistion said:

They know what a woman is. Please.

She was just avoiding answering a GOTCHA! "Yes or No?" question that could be used against her. 😁

Great.  One of nine in the country on the highest court doesn't know how to deal with a tricky question.

Only focking liberals are this stupid. :doh:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, squistion said:

She was just avoiding answering a GOTCHA! "Yes or No?" question that could be used against her. 😁

How could a fact be used against her? Oh that’s right, your side doesn’t do facts. 

1 hour ago, squistion said:

Lol

4 hours ago, squistion said:

They may have been better off not firing Ms Heinerscheid

First of all “easy to drink, easy to enjoy” is stupid.

And a Super Bowl commercial sounds like a horrible idea.  My understanding is they usually have a horrible ROI anyway.  But this is likely to backfire big time, unless maybe the commercial is them apologizing for giving beer and some cash to a tranny and then going on to say trans is a mental illness.  It’ll probably just be a bunch of horses or something and then I’m sure the usual suspects on social media will just remind everyone about the Mulvaney situation.  They’d probably be better off trying to lay low from the media and just spend all these marketing dollars on selling it really cheaply.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

They may have been better off not firing Ms Heinerscheid

First of all “easy to drink, easy to enjoy” is stupid.

And a Super Bowl commercial sounds like a horrible idea.  My understanding is they usually have a horrible ROI anyway.  But this is likely to backfire big time, unless maybe the commercial is them apologizing for giving beer and some cash to a tranny and then going on to say trans is a mental illness.  It’ll probably just be a bunch of horses or something and then I’m sure the usual suspects on social media will just remind everyone about the Mulvaney situation.  They’d probably be better off trying to lay low from the media and just spend all these marketing dollars on selling it really cheaply.

what?

Lay low from the media. 🤣  Dont spend marketing dollars. 🤣 Metal helmet has no idea they hired Peyton Manning and Emmitt Smith for their most recent commercial that's been on blast all during the playoffs.    

2 minutes ago, Horseman said:

Lay low from the media. 🤣  Dont spend marketing dollars. 🤣 Metal helmet has no idea they hired Peyton Manning and Emmitt Smith for their most recent commercial that's been on blast all during the playoffs.    

No I don’t really watch the NFL anymore, they’re too woke

58 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

How could a fact be used against her? Oh that’s right, your side doesn’t do facts. 

You’re on the same side.  

11 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

No I don’t really watch the NFL anymore, they’re too woke

You should probably just shut up about stuff you dont know about instead of spouting nonsense.  Which is just about everything. 

• Thanks 1

Was buying off meathead Dana White to shill this piss beer not enough to calm the people who cared about this? 

Haven’t seen sales numbers or anyone even talk about this issue for months. I know the stock recovered a bit. 

13 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

Was buying off meathead Dana White to shill this piss beer not enough to calm the people who cared about this? 

Haven’t seen sales numbers or anyone even talk about this issue for months. I know the stock recovered a bit. 

The stock jumped because they did a 5 billion dollar buyback to preserve the price because sales continue to suffer.  That's pretty definitive against those arguing the boycott wasnt effective/didnt matter. 

Those are the details you miss by just looking at the stock price.  

5 minutes ago, Horseman said:

The stock jumped because they did a 5 billion dollar buyback to preserve the price because sales continue to suffer.  That's pretty definitive against those arguing the boycott wasnt effective/didnt matter. 

Those are the details you miss by just looking at the stock price.  

I don’t own any and def didn’t look at anything other than the price of stock.

The boycott certainly had an impact. This whole thing is crazy to me but people buy stuff, or don’t, for whatever reason they want obviously.

Are people buying the beer again because Dana White said it’s not gay anymore? 

27 minutes ago, Horseman said:

You should probably just shut up about stuff you dont know about instead of spouting nonsense.  Which is just about everything. 

I don’t know a lot about the NFL, although I have still done pretty well in fantasy the past couple years despite probably not watching a full game at all.

I do know about the food industry though as I work in it.  I know they’ve been spending a lot on marketing.  I’m saying they shouldn’t be.  Maybe I’m biased because I think pretty much all media spending is a waste of money in the food industry, or at best has a very low ROI.  But in this case even moreso because it seems to be just amplifying the hate and reminding people about Mulvaney.   For example:

Unless you think their sales have been rebounding?  But you literally just said they’re not, so clearly the marketing spend doesn’t seem to be helping sales. For the record, the link in the OP is reporting on only one week of data which is typically a no-no (could be comparing a big promotion last year vs none this year, etc), although I haven’t seen anything to really suggest their sales are improving.

I know math is hard for people like Horsecrap that think “could care less” is proper grammar, but here goes:

Super Bowl commercial: $14 million

6-Pack of Bud Light (I’d guess that’s about the average purchase size overall, although I’m not in the beer industry) : $9.48 at my local Walmart

So, they need to sell around 1.5 million 6-packs to people that otherwise wouldn’t have bought it for the commercial to break even.  Seems unlikely.

Really seems like they should just reduce the price.  At my Walmart you can get a 6 pack of Yuengling for $0.75 less, Blue Moon for the same price, Heineken, Corona or Dos Equis for $1 more, or Stella for $1.50 more, or 12-packs of Miller and Coors for $0.50 more (cheaper than Bud Light 12-packs)  Those are all better values even if you don’t care about trannies.  I’m honestly shocked they’re not lower priced than Miller and Coors, I thought they were all usually the same even before the Mulvaney fiasco.

2 hours ago, TimHauck said:

I know math is hard for people like Horsecrap that think “could care less” is proper grammar, but here goes:

Super Bowl commercial: $14 million

6-Pack of Bud Light (I’d guess that’s about the average purchase size overall, although I’m not in the beer industry) : $9.48 at my local Walmart

So, they need to sell around 1.5 million 6-packs to people that otherwise wouldn’t have bought it for the commercial to break even.  Seems unlikely.

Really seems like they should just reduce the price.  At my Walmart you can get a 6 pack of Yuengling for $0.75 less, Blue Moon for the same price, Heineken, Corona or Dos Equis for $1 more, or Stella for $1.50 more, or 12-packs of Miller and Coors for $0.50 more (cheaper than Bud Light 12-packs)  Those are all better values even if you don’t care about trannies.  I’m honestly shocked they’re not lower priced than Miller and Coors, I thought they were all usually the same even before the Mulvaney fiasco.

Poor timmy. Still tryin' hard. 

Their best hope is to run a commercial where they apologize to American Patriots, allow some alphas to burn the transgender flag and end the commercial with biological female UFC fighters beating up trannies occupying the ladies room.  

9 hours ago, TimHauck said:

And a Super Bowl commercial sounds like a horrible idea

Agree, to soon. No matter how good the commercial is, people are going to take a poo poo on it regardless. 

But honestly, who cares? Some Woke Marketing VP took it upon herself to put a Tranny on the label, why, who the hell knows, probably to push whatever agenda is in her head but it wasn't smart. It also didn't hurt anyone, it was just a terrible marketing ploy by an already terrible beer IMO. 

If you like the Beer drink it. 

You guys are still talking about this? :lol:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tree of Knowledge said:

Their best hope is to run a commercial where they apologize to American Patriots, allow some alphas to burn the transgender flag and end the commercial with biological female UFC fighters beating up trannies occupying the ladies room.  

Pretty much, obviously they’re not going to do this so they’d be better off doing nothing at all (in terms of marketing)

Sure.....but a simple apology is really all it takes.  But they dare not do that......"the crowd" would assail them.   No disloyalty to the cult of liberalism is allowed.

I would immediately buy a 30 pack if they did this, and I don’t drink beer anymore. 😂 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Maximum Overkill said:

Agree, to soon. No matter how good the commercial is, people are going to take a poo poo on it regardless. 

But honestly, who cares? Some Woke Marketing VP took it upon herself to put a Tranny on the label, why, who the hell knows, probably to push whatever agenda is in her head but it wasn't smart. It also didn't hurt anyone, it was just a terrible marketing ploy by an already terrible beer IMO. 

“We had this hangover, I mean Bud Light had been kind of a brand of fratty, kind of out-of-touch humor, and it was really important that we had another approach“
-Alissa Heinerscheid 

1 hour ago, Maximum Overkill said:

So.....just because one person made a mistake, we should not hold the entire enterprise accountable....right?

12 hours ago, seafoam1 said:

Great.  One of nine in the country on the highest court doesn't know how to deal with a tricky question.

Only focking liberals are this stupid. :doh:

Its a good thing her job is not resolving and answering tricky questions.

8 minutes ago, avoiding injuries said:

“We had this hangover, I mean Bud Light had been kind of a brand of fratty, kind of out-of-touch humor, and it was really important that we had another approach“
-Alissa Heinerscheid 

That statement isn’t really wrong.  They could have done something without using a tranny to target a new audience without alienating their current one.

9 hours ago, thegeneral said:

Are people buying the beer again because Dana White said it’s not gay anymore? 

Link?

17 minutes ago, avoiding injuries said:

-Alissa Heinerscheid 

Yes, it was very important to do that, considering it was only the number one selling beer. Libtards Fock up everything. 

17 minutes ago, avoiding injuries said:

-Alissa Heinerscheid 

Which had made it the #1 beer in the country for a long time. 

Only an out of touch woketard would think that it was time to change the approach. :doh:

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Yes, it was very important to do that, considering it was only the number one selling beer. Libtards Fock up everything. 

I was typing mine when you posted this. 

AB learned a valuable lesson. Hopefully it sticks. 

3 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

Which had made it the #1 beer in the country for a long time. 

Only an out of touch woketard would think that it was time to change the approach. :doh:

Being #1 usually isn’t enough for investors/boards of directors, etc.  They want to see growth, or at least not a decline.

Shocker I know, but @avoiding injuries did not include the full context of Heinerscheid’s quote 

“I’m a businesswoman, I had a really clear job to do when I took over Bud Light, and it was ‘This brand is in decline, it’s been in a decline for a really long time, and if we do not attract young drinkers to come and drink this brand there will be no future for Bud Light,'" Heinerscheid said.”

7 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

I was typing mine when you posted this. 

AB learned a valuable lesson. Hopefully it sticks. 

It a microcosm of what they are doing to our our country. Greatest country in the world. Let’s Fock with it. 

Bud Light has partnered with Shane Gillis, a comedian who was fired from Saturday Night Live over racist and homophobic comments, almost a year after the brand faced widespread boycott calls over a partnership with trans influencer Dylan Mulvaney.

So when these companies say they care about thr alphabet community it is all just an act?

You don't say... 

32 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Being #1 usually isn’t enough for investors/boards of directors, etc.  They want to see growth, or at least not a decline.

Shocker I know, but @avoiding injuries did not include the full context of Heinerscheid’s quote 

“I’m a businesswoman, I had a really clear job to do when I took over Bud Light, and it was ‘This brand is in decline, it’s been in a decline for a really long time, and if we do not attract young drinkers to come and drink this brand there will be no future for Bud Light,'" Heinerscheid said.”

Were I charged with attracting young drinkers I might have sponsored events at the X games. I might have shown young, fit happy, attractive folks having a cold one after a run on a mountain bike, skateboard, or maybe a kayak shooting a rapid.  I might have shown a group of young folk commuting after work in  their bikes, e-bikes, and scooters, beating old farts stuck in traffic, and then quenching their thrist with a cold bud light.  I would not have marketed to Trannys.  I would distance myself from politics as far as possible as libs don't drink major brand beer when they drink beer.

I find Bud now using old farts Peyton Manning and Emmit Smith to try to attract drinkers hilarious.   New drinkers do not remember Emmit and only sort of relate to Peyton. 

AB made a costly marketing mistake and it hurt their sales dearly. 

They rectified their mistake, got rid of the people responsible for it and started a new rebranding campaign, it will take some time and they will never get back to where they were as market show once people switch it is tough to get them back, but things will pick up.

At least they saw the error of their ways, some companies never do and just keep the downward spiral.