MDC

Lamar Jackson wins 2nd MVP!

Link

49 of 50 votes. The sports media must not have seen Purdy. :mellow: 

5 minutes ago, MDC said:

Link

That is Montana Jr to you

They have to get him to be able to throw outside the numbers. It’s all fantasy points until he does that. 

Fantasy is what keeps football going.  

8 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Not really

Someone gave Josh Allen a first place vote 😂

Well, you all know how I feel about running QBs - they run because they can't pass.

I don't think we should be validating them because then NFL teams are going to continue to draft them. QBs should use running to supplement their passing game, not using passing to supplement their running game.  That's why you pay running backs - to run the ball.  You pay QBs to pass the ball and captain the team.

The running QB is a short-term fix for a long-term problem.  Once Jackson can't run anymore due to age or injury - and that's going to happen very soon - you'll see the experiment fail.  It happens like clockwork 100% of the time...EVERY time.

3 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Well, you all know how I feel about running QBs - they run because they can't pass.

I don't think we should be validating them because then NFL teams are going to continue to draft them. QBs should use running to supplement their passing game, not using passing to supplement their running game.  That's why you pay running backs - to run the ball.  You pay QBs to pass the ball and captain the team.

The running QB is a short-term fix for a long-term problem.  Once Jackson can't run anymore due to age or injury - and that's going to happen very soon - you'll see the experiment fail.  It happens like clockwork 100% of the time...EVERY time.

He had 457 pass attempts this year and 148 rushing attempts. Lamar can throw. They were one game short of the SB, what in the world are you talking about lol

45 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Not really

54 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Yes it is.  

2 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

He had 457 pass attempts this year and 148 rushing attempts. Lamar can throw. They were one game short of the SB, what in the world are you talking about lol

148 rushing attempts, 821 yards, 5 TDs.  What in he world are YOU talking about?  :lol:

If I was a RB on the Ravens not named Lamar Jackson I'd ask for a trade.

Also, nobody remembers "Well, they ALMOST made it".

41 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Reality's life savings wiped out.  :(  

:o 

12 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Steve Young says hold my beer

3 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

148 rushing attempts, 821 yards, 5 TDs.  What in he world are YOU talking about?  :lol:

If I was a RB on the Ravens not named Lamar Jackson I'd ask for a trade.

Also, nobody remembers "Well, they ALMOST made it".

Yeah he sucks 

11 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Yes it is.  

It has helped make it as big as it is today.  

How did it keep going before fantasy was around or even not mainstream?  

Game.  Set.  Match.  

22 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Randall Cunningham  (with Vikings) and Michael Vick (with Eagles) both in their second stint in the NFL, both with different teams put up single season all time high passing numbers.

Also, Ravens would have won had they run Lamar Jackson MORE in the AFC Championship game.

I think Lamar is an ok passer.  Not that great.  Not terrible.  

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

Yeah he sucks 

I didn't say he "sucked".  That's you making something up and attributing that to me.  You know better than that.

But once the legs give out he will suck.

1 minute ago, Gepetto said:

Randall Cunningham  (with Vikings) and Michael Vick (with Eagles) both in their second stint in the NFL, both with different teams put up single season all time high passing numbers.

Also, Ravens would have won had they run Lamar Jackson MORE in the AFC Championship game.

Their are always exceptions to the rule.  :dunno:

1 hour ago, MDC said:

Link

12:00pm. :(

20 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

It has helped make it as big as it is today.  

How did it keep going before fantasy was around or even not mainstream?  

Game.  Set.  Match.  

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

Let me help you out , I said fantasy is what keeps football going, I didn’t say it started it.  

Without ff the popularity of the game wouldn’t be nearly as high today.  So many people who play ff don’t even watch the game.  Didn’t say anything about past , I said fantasy keeps football going.  

Learn to read.  Game, Set, Match.  You fool. 

I can’t believe Brees never won at least one and this clown gets two.Sham

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Let me help you out , I said fantasy is what keeps football going, I didn’t say it started it.  

Without ff the popularity of the game wouldn’t be nearly as high today.  So many people who play ff don’t even watch the game.  Didn’t say anything about past , I said fantasy keeps football going.  

Learn to read.  Game, Set, Match.  You fool. 

Football would still be going with or without fantasy.  So no, it doesn't "keep it going".  

You lose.  Bad.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Football would still be going with or without fantasy.  So no, it doesn't "keep it going".  

You lose.  Bad.  

Yes it does.  

1 hour ago, Gepetto said:

1 hour ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Their are always exceptions to the rule.  :dunno:

Cunningham didn't run as much as you think he did.  He played 16 seasons and Jackson 6... Jackson already has more career rush attempts and yards than Cunningham.  Right now, Jackson has 875 attempts, for 5258 yards (in 86 games).  In Cunningham's first 86 games, he had 513 attempts and 3563 yards.

Lamar is averaging 145 rush attempts per season, Cunningham had TWO where he rushed over 100 times.

Cunningham's '98 season wasn't his all-time high, but it was close enough... considering he only played 14 games that year.  But, let's be honest, even a decent QB should've been able to throw for 3700 yards with Randy Moss, Chris Carter, and Jake Reed.  Plus it was the one year... a flash in the pan.  Let's not make it out to be a resurgence in his career.

As far as Vick goes, when your career high in yards is under 3000... it's not hard to eclipse that if you're a reasonably adequate qb.  Lets also not pretend he was better than a .500 QB who couldn't stay healthy for 16 games.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

No, it doesn't.  Football would still be as popular as ever even without fantasy.  You're out of your mind.

No it wouldn’t be.  

It’s a regular season award, right?

I don’t see the problem.

Could’ve been Purdy or McCaffrey but they kinda cancel each other out.

Cool.  He and Embid can party it up this weekend!!!

I was told Lock Purdy was a shoe in. :mellow: 

24 minutes ago, Strike said:

Cool.  He and Embid can party it up this weekend!!!

Great comparison, frauds. 

9er fans will settle for SB MVP.

2 hours ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

I didn't say he "sucked".  That's you making something up and attributing that to me.  You know better than that.

But once the legs give out he will suck.

I think he still has 3-4 elite years left and another 3-5 above average years after that, unless there's a major injury of course. 

7 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

I think he still has 3-4 elite years left and another 3-5 above average years after that, unless there's a major injury of course. 

The problem I have with these sorts of QBs is not just longevity but if they semi roll an ankle they become below average real quck.  Guys that can beat you from the pocket or do a bit of both can still be effective with a sprained ankle.  Lamar or Fields cannot.   Its a long season.  He hasn't been real hurt yet.  But he gets dings here and there.  Misses some games.  

Yes you cant knock a guy for being fast.  But the way these guys can run really dumbs down their passing coverages.  Thats shy you see a Fields or Lamar have a random 4 TD game and pass it all over.  They are so used to being able to bail and out athlete teams from HS until now.  They don't go through progressions.  They lock onto 1st reads.  Lamar can pass some.  Fields cant.  If Lamar could develop a bit more he would be ridiculously dangerous.  

3 hours ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

I hear you and there are definitely things in sports that I wish hadn’t changed…let’s not talk about the 3 pt shot.

But, the running QB isn’t exactly a new thing.  In the early years of the league the QB essentially was an RB.

To me, I think it’s a compliment to Lamar to acknowledge that he can do both passing and running.  He had the same completion percentage as Mahomes this season with 7 fewer interceptions.  It’s tempting to suggest he had fewer interceptions because he had fewer attempts, but that argument goes down the tubes to INT% which was only 1.5% for Lamar and 2.3% for Mahomes.

As well, Lamar had a higher TD% than Mahomes at 5.3 vs 4.5.

So while he’s passing less than Mahomes, what he does with those passes is throw a lower percentage of turnovers and a higher percentage of touchdowns.

Mahomes threw 50% more interceptions while attempting only 23% more passes.

• Thanks 1