Richard Pryor

Buddy Hacket

Patrice O’Neal 

Eddie Murphy

Three gone and one to go.

Eddie Murphy

Sam Kinison

George Carlin

So many tied for last spot...have to think about it some more.

eddie murphy

bill cosby

robin williams

darrell hammond

george carlin

26 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

No  nominations yet for Rodney Dangerfield.

Rodney

Bill Murray

Larry David

Lenny Bruce

I thought about Rodney. I’ve been to his comedy club. The only beer they sell is Miller. 😁

Very happy someone finally mentioned Lenny Bruce. He is the equivalent of the George Washington of stand up.

Carlin, Dangerfield, Pryor.

Dave Attell

Carlin 

Chapelle 

Eddie Murphy. 

2 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

I'd like to fit in John Cleese, but where?

It's in it's own category. It's called Fawlty Towers. :thumbsup:

58 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

I'd like to fit in John Cleese, but where?

Feeling the same about Kinison, Cosby, and Hedberg. Prolly woulda put Bill on the top 4, but drugging and raping women is a tough thing to ignore. He was so damn good.

George Carlin

Rodney Dangerfield

Jerry Seinfeld

Redd Foxx

Carlin gets his own monument 

3 hours ago, Voltaire said:

George Carlin

Rodney Dangerfield

Jerry Seinfeld

Redd Foxx

So, your last two brings up a good question.  Are we talking stand up comedy or Hollywood (TV / Movies)?  

We all need to wait until @iam90sbaby tells us who to like. Apparently he’s a Comedian snob.  Similar to the dark rimmed glasses, bearded white boy Beer snob.  Who tells anyone who doesn’t enjoy an earthy…hoppy IPA….just doesn’t “get it”. 

24 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

So, your last two brings up a good question.  Are we talking stand up comedy or Hollywood (TV / Movies)?  

I get Red Fox. I would have loved have to seen him with Gleason in Smoky And The Bandit.

2 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

I'd not thought to differentiate. All four were standup comedians originally and all four were in TV/film as well although the later two were primarily known for successful TV shows. Rodney starred in movies. Carlin, if he ever starred in a film I can't recall, but he had plenty of memorable supportive characters.

May want to consider Lou Costello. 

7 hours ago, Voltaire said:

George Carlin

Rodney Dangerfield

Jerry Seinfeld

Redd Foxx

My cool Pops saw Buddy Hackett and Red Fox in the seventies in Vegas. I wanted to go Fox over Murphy, but  he shot off her little piggy…

All incredible entertainers. I saw Red Fox on Carson as a young teen. He and Hackett were incredible pioneers in comedy. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Voltaire said:

I'd not thought to differentiate. All four were standup comedians originally and all four were in TV/film as well although the later two were primarily known for successful TV shows. Rodney starred in movies. Carlin, if he ever starred in a film I can't recall, but he had plenty of memorable supportive characters.

Carlin was in Bill And Ted’s Great Adventure. I got his shtick but never really thought he was funny. Intrigued, yes, but bored.

George Carlin 

Chris Rock

Sam Kinison

Ricky Gervais

Dave Chappelle

Steve Martin - dude sold out stadiums for 3-4 straight years when no one else was doing it

Richard Pryor

George Carlin

I saw Anthony Jeselnik in Boston a few months back. Might be as hard as I laughed in a decade or two. He was great.

20 hours ago, Mike Honcho said:

Eddie Murphy

Sam Kinison

George Carlin

So many tied for last spot...have to think about it some more.

and for my fourth John Mulaney.  Honorable Mention: Lewis Black, Sarah Silverman, Ron White, Jeff Foxworthy and Roseanne Barr.

I assumed from everyone else's list we were only doing stand-up comedians and not just really funny people.  Otherwise I would have been looking at people like Carol Burnett, Lucille Ball, Tina Fey, Steve Martin(I know him more for his movies, Peter Sellers, Carl Reiner/Guest crew(Spinal Tap, Waiting for Guffman, Best in Show )

9 hours ago, BunnysBastatrds said:

Carlin was in Bill And Ted’s Great Adventure. I got his shtick but never really thought he was funny. Intrigued, yes, but bored.

Carlin did a few movies with Kevin Smith: Jersey Girl (ick), Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, and Dogma, in which he was hilariously blasphemous (sorry weepaws) as a Catholic cardinal launching "Buddy Christ." Definitely worth a watch if you're not sensitive about religious satire.

18 hours ago, Fnord said:

Very happy someone finally mentioned Lenny Bruce. He is the equivalent of the George Washington of stand up.

Carlin, Dangerfield, Pryor.

Totally agree!! 

More so shocked that you have a sense of humor. 😂

34 minutes ago, Fnord said:

Carlin did a few movies with Kevin Smith: Jersey Girl (ick), Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, and Dogma, in which he was hilariously blasphemous (sorry weepaws) as a Catholic cardinal launching "Buddy Christ." Definitely worth a watch if you're not sensitive about religious satire.

Religious satire is fine. Can be very funny. Well, with one religion. The other ones not so much. One of ‘em will chop your head off. 

George Carlin was the gold standard when i was younger. I remember my parents and aunts/uncles would get the albums(of his and others) and share. I caught up on his stuff as i got older and it was some good stuff.

At some point, probably when he started narrating Thomas the Tank Engine cartoons, he turned to the unfunniest thing out there. I had the misfortune of seeing him in Vegas towards the end of his life/career. His first joke was the only funny thing he said in 90 minutes.

"You know what nobody talks about anymore?"

<pause>

"Pu$$yfarts"

Really liking Shane Gillis lately.  

Shiitload better than Baldwin and just seems bemused by - all of it. 

It’s replacing Eddie Murphy with…

On 2/9/2024 at 2:07 PM, BunnysBastatrds said:

Three gone and one to go.

Leave it to the city of gheys guy to love himself some sperm. 😆