The Real timschochet

Timmy’s thread for general discussion

Just now, The Real timschochet said:

We don’t have universal background checks for private purchases. That’s what I am for, because law enforcement experts say it will reduce crime in general. But I agree with you that it will have little effect on preventing mass shootings, or gun violence in the inner cities. Still in general I believe it will make us safer so I am in favor.

Show some proof that it would make a difference.  As I noted in my previous post, none of the incidents you've made that proposal in response to would have been prevented by that rule.  And it's a very cumbersome rule for people to follow.  So, absent some proof that it would actually make a difference, it just comes off as you wanting to say you did "something."  And I don't believe you that law enforcement experts say it will reduce crime.  You've never shown any proof of that.  We just don't hear about crime being committed from the private sale of a firearm to a criminal.  It's a non-issue.

I would also like to see every gun in this country registered, again to fight crime. Just as we register cars. I don’t think this is an infringement of the 2nd Amendment though I’m no attorney and I’m not 100% sure of this- it depends what legal expert you talk to. 

But in our current political environment I don’t believe that gun registration is an achievable goal. Universal background checks might be. 

3 minutes ago, Strike said:

Show some proof that it would make a difference.  As I noted in my previous post, none of the incidents you've made that proposal in response to would have been prevented by that rule.  And it's a very cumbersome rule for people to follow.  So, absent some proof that it would actually make a difference, it just comes off as you wanting to say you did "something."  And I don't believe you that law enforcement experts say it will reduce crime.  You've never shown any proof of that.  We just don't hear about crime being committed from the private sale of a firearm to a criminal.  It's a non-issue.

Again it depends on who you ask. There is a lot of argument on this subject. I have heard law enforcement advocates testify on this before Congress but I’m not finding it right now to link to you. 

The truth is, while I’m for universal background checks, I’m not 100% convinced that you’re incorrect that it won’t matter. So I’m not going to push this issue. If I had to vote on it I would vote in favor but it’s not a priority to me. 

5 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I like how Rusty thinks he’s well liked around here.  

That's a point of pride, boyo.

We have laws for people that use guns to commit crimes just like we have laws for illegals that commit crimes.  If we don't need laws to deal with the illegals, then we don't need laws to control guns.

5 hours ago, Strike said:

The sad thing is that he once was.   Trump broke him.

What happened was certain posters such as you going full-on MAGAturd to the point where taking yourself oh so seriously has become insufferable as well as amusing. I'm real-life friends with lots of Geeks, all of them squarely on the political spectrum's right side. 

Clownzo is a dangerous ass and crook who belongs in prison. I don't give a rat's ass if I'm disliked because of that viewpoint

2 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

don’t think we should deport all undocumented immigrants because a few of them have committed crimes.

It's not a few anymore, it's rampant.

Yet the hypocrite wants to ban guns because they kill. Ban the weapon not the criminal. 

11 hours ago, Maximum Overkill said:

And why are they 90% men? 

Because of the master of puppets we put in office.

3 hours ago, Pimpadeaux said:

What happened was certain posters such as you going full-on MAGAturd to the point where taking yourself oh so seriously has become insufferable as well as amusing. I'm real-life friends with lots of Geeks, all of them squarely on the political spectrum's right side. 

Clownzo is a dangerous ass and crook who belongs in prison. I don't give a rat's ass if I'm disliked because of that viewpoint

Except i haven't gone "full MAGAturd."  I'd love to see your evidence of such.  I vote/comment based on issues.  I hate Donald Trump.  So, if youv'e got evidence of me going "full MAGAturd" let's see it.

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Strike said:

Except i haven't gone "full MAGAturd."  I'd love to see your evidence of such.  I vote/comment based on issues.  I hate Donald Trump.  So, if youv'e got evidence of me going "full MAGAturd" let's see it.

If you hate Donald Trump, what the fock is your beef with me, bro? For more than two decades, this place has been all about busting balls. In the 2000s I was all about focking with Torrid, and we're good friends to this day. 

I'll sit back and listen. I've never had an issue with you. 

1 minute ago, Pimpadeaux said:

If you hate Donald Trump, what the fock is your beef with me, bro? For more than two decades, this place has been all about busting balls. In the 2000s I was all about focking with Torrid, and we're good friends to this day. 

My beef with you is that you're purposely AND admittedly trolling this place up.  I get that there are a lot of twits around here doing the same thing but most are either aliases of accounts that have been banned or people with no history here.  My expectation of the old timers, especially the self described "silverbacks", is to try to elevate this place to the type of bored it used to be and not contribute to bringing it down further.  This place may be a lost cause but some of us would like it to, as much as possible, return to it's former glory and not crash and burn.

1 hour ago, Pimpadeaux said:

The coming week should be a pivotal one in terms of the Presidential election. That’s because we will know whether or not the Supreme Court is going to delay the January 6 trial. If they choose not to delay it, it should start in June. 

Of the Trump legal trials, the January 6 one is really the only one that matters in terms of November. Nobody really cares about the Stormy Daniels case, and the documents case and Georgia are going to both take place well after the election. The January 6 one is the only one that could affect things- maybe- because of Trump is convicted by a jury it could dampen his support among independents. But again it’s all up to the SC and whether or not they will consider Trump’s claim of Presidential immunity. 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

Do you not see a parallel here between these high profile incidents and mass shootings? In both cases these anecdotes are being used to make sweeping judgments. Everytime there is a mass shooting, Biden calls for a ban on AR-15s, yet we know that the vast majority of these rifles are never used in any crime and are owned by law abiding citizens. Everytime there is a murder or vicious crime committed by an undocumented immigrant, Trump calls for the deportation of all undocumented immigrants, yet we know that that the vast majority of these people commit no crimes. It seems to me that in both cases these are lazy arguments designed to appeal to emotional thinking rather than than logic and reasonableness. Would you agree? 

I think you start with the criminals and the people leeching off the system. These welfare benefits are intended for US citizens not for everybody who shows up.

7 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

The coming week should be a pivotal one in terms of the Presidential election. That’s because we will know whether or not the Supreme Court is going to delay the January 6 trial. If they choose not to delay it, it should start in June. 

Of the Trump legal trials, the January 6 one is really the only one that matters in terms of November. Nobody really cares about the Stormy Daniels case, and the documents case and Georgia are going to both take place well after the election. The January 6 one is the only one that could affect things- maybe- because of Trump is convicted by a jury it could dampen his support among independents. But again it’s all up to the SC and whether or not they will consider Trump’s claim of Presidential immunity. 

Thought you were leaving the board again?? 🤣

Just now, Mike Hunt said:

Thought you were leaving the board again?? 🤣

He wants to cut down on his engagement here but h's never implied that he was going to stop commenting in this thread.

10 hours ago, Strike said:

My beef with you is that you're purposely AND admittedly trolling this place up.  I get that there are a lot of twits around here doing the same thing but most are either aliases of accounts that have been banned or people with no history here.  My expectation of the old timers, especially the self described "silverbacks", is to try to elevate this place to the type of bored it used to be and not contribute to bringing it down further.  This place may be a lost cause but some of us would like it to, as much as possible, return to it's former glory and not crash and burn.

I hate to be a wet blanket, but with the migration from the FBGhey board, much like our southern border, this place will never be the same. Latin Pimp did less damage. 

Timmeh has some pretty odd beliefs and frankly a lot of them are fairly dumb.

But it’s insane the amount of crying he generates from the bored righties. This guy has a permanent settlement in your haids :( 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Timmeh has some pretty odd beliefs and frankly a lot of them are fairly dumb.

But it’s insane the amount of crying he generates from the bored righties. This guy has a permanent settlement in your haids :( 

Old blowhard is difficult to avoid with his plague of locusts posting style. He’s omnipresent 

4 hours ago, Voltaire said:

I think you start with the criminals and the people leeching off the system. These welfare benefits are intended for US citizens not for everybody who shows up.

We don’t have proper numbers on how many undocumented immigrants receive welfare or other government benefits on a long term basis  but again I suspect it’s not a very large number. They mostly live in the shadows of our society and want nothing to do with the government. 

On a short term and immediate basis, the current influx which appears to be of record numbers is creating a crisis situation. That part we can agree on. The question is how best to deal with this issue? 

2 hours ago, Voltaire said:

He wants to cut down on his engagement here but h's never implied that he was going to stop commenting in this thread.

He did this gimmick at the other place , didn’t last long 

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

We don’t have proper numbers on how many undocumented immigrants receive welfare or other government benefits on a long term basis  but again I suspect it’s not a very large number. They mostly live in the shadows of our society and want nothing to do with the government. 

On a short term and immediate basis, the current influx which appears to be of record numbers is creating a crisis situation. That part we can agree on. The question is how best to deal with this issue? 

2. It’s not widespread.

• Thanks 2

18 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

I would also like to see every gun in this country registered, again to fight crime. Just as we register cars. I don’t think this is an infringement of the 2nd Amendment though I’m no attorney and I’m not 100% sure of this- it depends what legal expert you talk to. 

But in our current political environment I don’t believe that gun registration is an achievable goal. Universal background checks might be. 

Fine. Won't do a damn thing as far as stopping criminals. Are you so stupid that you think it will? Well, yeah we know you are.

Tim, the idiot thinks that by registering guns, Shannon Cortez Gooden would not have been able to get one. 🤣🤣🤣

3 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

2. It’s not widespread.

Thanks but I wasn’t intending to repeat some mantra. I do t believe this is a widespread problem. Do you have evidence to the contrary? 

23 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Thanks but I wasn’t intending to repeat some mantra. I do t believe this is a widespread problem. Do you have evidence to the contrary? 

Biden giving veteran healthcare resources to illegal immigrants

https://americanmilitarynews.com/2024/02/biden-giving-veteran-healthcare-resources-to-illegal-immigrants/

Migrants' Monthly Payments Are Higher Than New Yorkers' SNAP Benefits

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/migrants-monthly-payments-are-higher-than-new-yorkers-snap-benefits/ar-BB1hOUUw

New York rule change makes thousands of migrants eligible for cash payments

https://news.yahoo.com/york-rule-change-makes-thousands-090020989.html

California becomes first state to offer health insurance to all undocumented immigrants

About 700,000 adults between ages 26 and 49 will be eligible as of Jan. 1

https://www.yahoo.com/news/california-become-first-state-offer-221547408.html

California’s new benefits for undocumented immigrants are not enough, workers say

https://calmatters.org/california-divide/2022/04/california-undocumented-immigrants/

Benefit programs that do not check your immigration status

Some programs in Illinois will grant you benefits without checking your immigration status. Some examples are:

The Supplemental Food Program for Women, Infants & Children (WIC),

All Kids,

Public school education: from kindergarten through 12th grade; including free school lunch and breakfast programs, 

Head Start, 

Health benefits for immigrant adults, and

Health benefits for immigrant seniors.

https://www.illinoislegalaid.org/legal-information/government-benefits-immigrants

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

Biden giving veteran healthcare resources to illegal immigrants

https://americanmilitarynews.com/2024/02/biden-giving-veteran-healthcare-resources-to-illegal-immigrants/

Migrants' Monthly Payments Are Higher Than New Yorkers' SNAP Benefits

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/migrants-monthly-payments-are-higher-than-new-yorkers-snap-benefits/ar-BB1hOUUw

New York rule change makes thousands of migrants eligible for cash payments

https://news.yahoo.com/york-rule-change-makes-thousands-090020989.html

California becomes first state to offer health insurance to all undocumented immigrants

About 700,000 adults between ages 26 and 49 will be eligible as of Jan. 1

https://www.yahoo.com/news/california-become-first-state-offer-221547408.html

California’s new benefits for undocumented immigrants are not enough, workers say

https://calmatters.org/california-divide/2022/04/california-undocumented-immigrants/

Benefit programs that do not check your immigration status

Some programs in Illinois will grant you benefits without checking your immigration status. Some examples are:

The Supplemental Food Program for Women, Infants & Children (WIC),

All Kids,

Public school education: from kindergarten through 12th grade; including free school lunch and breakfast programs, 

Head Start, 

Health benefits for immigrant adults, and

Health benefits for immigrant seniors.

https://www.illinoislegalaid.org/legal-information/government-benefits-immigrants

None of those links suggest that they’re receiving government aid in higher proportion than American citizens, so you’re not really proving your point here.

But putting that aside I don’t have any objections to any of the news you linked here. Let’s take your first example: why shouldn’t undocumented immigrants who have served this country in the military be afforded the same benefits as other vetetans? Of course they should. Why would anyone object to this? Do you? If so, why???

The other points are just as reasonable. Why shouldn’t children of undocumented immigrants be in school for example? Would you prefer they be kept out of public school? What purpose would that serve? 

@Baker Boy’s links point to the disconnect that I believe many people have regarding undocumented immigrants in this country. There are 10-15 million of them here, possibly more. There will be more coming. You can’t wish them away and we’re never going to deport them. Denying them basic services will cost us way more than providing those services. We need to think rationally about this, and we’re just not doing so. 

6 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

None of those links suggest that they’re receiving government aid in higher proportion than American citizens, so you’re not really proving your point here.

But putting that aside I don’t have any objections to any of the news you linked here. Let’s take your first example: why shouldn’t undocumented immigrants who have served this country in the military be afforded the same benefits as other vetetans? Of course they should. Why would anyone object to this? Do you? If so, why???

The other points are just as reasonable. Why shouldn’t children of undocumented immigrants be in school for example? Would you prefer they be kept out of public school? What purpose would that serve? 

3. It’s a good thing and it needs to happen.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

@Baker Boy’s links point to the disconnect that I believe many people have regarding undocumented immigrants in this country. There are 10-15 million of them here, possibly more. There will be more coming. You can’t wish them away and we’re never going to deport them. Denying them basic services will cost us way more than providing those services. We need to think rationally about this, and we’re just not doing so. 

Where did it say it was illegals that served were the ones getting benefits at the expense of veterans? WTF are you talking about? And why does anyone bother with you? Boredom I guess.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The Real timschochet said:

We don’t have proper numbers on how many undocumented immigrants receive welfare or other government benefits on a long term basis  but again I suspect it’s not a very large number.

22 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Perfect example of this lying blowhard. 

First it was not very many, then when presented with facts it changes to they don't take any more than the average citizen.  Next they will deserve it as much as Americans:

Why shouldn’t children of undocumented immigrants be in school for example? Would you prefer they be kept out of public school? What purpose would that serve? 

Everyone just stop responding to this thread.  He's a complete waist of your time.   Then maybe he will go away for good.

Yeah right.  🤣

• Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

3. It’s a good thing and it needs to happen.

Serious Discussion!!!11!!1

:lol:

25 minutes ago, Horseman said:

Perfect example of this lying blowhard. 

First it was not very many, then when presented with facts it changes to they don't take any more than the average citizen.  Next they will deserve it as much as Americans:

Everyone just stop responding to this thread.  He's a complete waist of your time.   Then maybe he will go away for good.

Yeah right.  🤣

Why are you such a triggered little girl Tony?  WGAF if Timmy posts?  Is there not enough cultist posts to satisfy your need to please your master?

How about less time worrying about Tim and more time improving yourself IRL so that you no longer have to steal $7 streams and can afford a couple hundred dollar bets without welshing on them.

Poor Tony.  Sucks here.  Sucks IRL.

4 minutes ago, BeachGuy23 said:

Why are you such a triggered little girl Tony?  WGAF if Timmy posts?  Is there not enough cultist posts to satisfy your need to please your master?

How about less time worrying about Tim and more time improving yourself IRL so that you no longer have to steal $7 streams and can afford a couple hundred dollar bets without welshing on them.

Poor Tony.  Sucks here.  Sucks IRL.

Oh look, it's the Nukes in Space!!11!! guy.  :lol:

I don’t believe my posts on this subject are illogical or inconsistent (or wrong for that matter.) If some of you do, or think that I’m not worth your time, fine with me. No need for you to keep responding. 

Or if you’re tired of this subject, feel free to bring up something else. I’m open to other topics. 

17 minutes ago, Horseman said:

Oh look, it's the Nukes in Space!!11!! guy.  :lol:

Oh look it's the gullible little girl.

Go ahead little girl, cry some more about Timmy, me, whomever and try to get your friends not to talk to us.

What an IRL lose you are.

I LOL at you.

LOL

14 hours ago, Strike said:

If you haven't noticed, I don't engage in political ball busting with most of the Silverbacks, and the ones with whom I do have become bitter ultraconservatives who take themselves way too damned seriously. It's great the FBGs refugees have brought some sorely needed balance to the board, which the MAGAturds had overrun in the late 2010s. 

You getting worked up over me trolling these clowns just underscores the need for trolling, and I'm very much anti-Trump, because I honestly think he's a grave threat to our democracy, and his supporters are cultists who'd still vote for him no matter what he does. The focker has 91 felony charges against him and last week was ordered to pay $450 million to the woman he raped. And this is just the beginning of his embarrassing legal woes.

Yet MAGAturds contine to think he's a witch-hunt victim who had the 2020 election stolen from him. And they buy into all kids of wacky conspiracy theories and have an unhealthy hatred for anyone who doesn't 100 percent subscribe to their narrow and ignorant views. 

And they'll still vote for this piece of sh!t even if he's sitting in a prison cell.

Sick.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pimpadeaux said:

If you haven't noticed, I don't engage in political ball busting with most of the Silverbacks, and the ones with whom I do have become bitter ultraconservatives who take themselves way too damned seriously. It's great the FBGs refugees have brought some sorely needed balance to the board, which the MAGAturds had overrun in the late 2010s. 

You getting worked up over me trolling these clowns just underscores the need for trolling, and I'm very much anti-Trump, because I honestly think he's a grave threat to our democracy, and his supporters are cultists who'd still vote for him no matter what he does. The focker has 91 felony charges against him and last week was ordered to pay $450 million to the woman he raped. And this is just the beginning of his embarrassing legal woes.

Yet MAGAturds contine to think he's a witch-hunt victim who had the 2020 election stolen from him. And they buy into all kids of wacky conspiracy theories and have an unhealthy hatred for anyone who doesn't 100 percent subscribe to their narrow and ignorant views. 

And they'll still vote for this piece of sh!t even if he's sitting in a prison cell.

Sick.

2 minutes ago, BeachGuy23 said:

Oh look it's the gullible little girl.

Go ahead little girl, cry some more about Timmy, me, whomever and try to get your friends not to talk to us.

What an IRL lose you are.

I LOL at you.

LOL

HORSEGIRL!

🤣

• Like 1

Just now, Pimpadeaux said:

HORSEGIRL!

🤣

OMG

He's a girl that loves horses!

Now it all makes sense.