Sign in to follow this  
NCAA Women’s DI Basketball Championship...

Holy hell!  What matchups the next two days for the trip to the Final Four…

1) South Carolina v 3) Oregon State
1) Texas v 3) NC State

1) Iowa v 3) LSU
1) USC v 3) UConn

I know that a large majority of you won’t tune in, but both games on Monday should be great ones…. A rematch of the National Championship from last year, then JuJu vs. Paige…

Of course the first day you have an undefeated Gamecocks, a stellar Longhorn team and two teams that were picked to be low in their conference this year, but making some noise…

• Like 1

It’s unbelievable.  

6 hours ago, posty said:

Holy hell!  What matchups the next two days for the trip to the Final Four…

1) South Carolina v 3) Oregon State
1) Texas v 3) NC State

1) Iowa v 3) LSU
1) USC v 3) UConn

I know that a large majority of you won’t tune in, but both games on Monday should be great ones…. A rematch of the National Championship from last year, then JuJu vs. Paige…

Of course the first day you have an undefeated Gamecocks, a stellar Longhorn team and two teams that were picked to be low in their conference this year, but making some noise…

Won't be home to watch the Iowa game.  Will be able to catch the 2nd half of the UConn game.

Looking forward to another year where the UConn guys and gals win the Chip.

They both won in 2004 and 2014.  Makes sense they do it again in 2024.

Been more exciting than the men so far

Eh.  I watched the CU/Iowa game the other night.   Really wanted to think women's bball had evolved.  And I'll admit Iowa is a fun team to watch.  But CU was a dumpster fire.  That team made it to the sweet 16?  Iowa seems like an outlier and the couple of games I've watched this year, both with Iowa as one team, the other teams have had the same issues I've always seen with women's bball.  I don't find it enjoyable at all.  Not sure what you all see in it.

2 minutes ago, Strike said:

Eh.  I watched the CU/Iowa game the other night.   Really wanted to think women's bball had evolved.  And I'll admit Iowa is a fun team to watch.  But CU was a dumpster fire.  That team made it to the sweet 16?  Iowa seems like an outlier and the couple of games I've watched this year, both with Iowa as one team, the other teams have had the same issues I've always seen with women's bball.  I don't find it enjoyable at all.  Not sure what you all see in it.

Its because the womens product is bad and there just arent that many good players. 

But since historically most people dont watch and Espn is shoving it down our throats telling us how great it is…nobody knows the difference. 

Incredible first half between LSU and Iowa…. Both stars playing like they should…

Hopefully the next six quarters on the tube tonight are just as incredible…

You have like three good players in this game, and the rest are ketchup packets that literally can’t make 5 foot shots. It’s not a good product, even if ESPN is going to shove it down your throat. 

On 3/31/2024 at 1:34 PM, Strike said:

Yeah, I turned it on for the last 10 minutes. 10 minutes more than I’ve ever watched. It’s exactly what I expected it to be.

I think it is funny that you guys think that it is being forced down our throats…. ESPN and sister stations have been showing the women’s tournament for years…

3 minutes ago, posty said:

I think it is funny that you guys think that it is being forced down our throats…. ESPN and sister stations have been showing the women’s tournament for years…

The problem is we are used to seeing the highest level of competition all the time when we watch men's sports.   You have to accept a lesser level of competition to enjoy women's sports.   It's honestly a reason I am slow to get really into college football.  It just leaves something to be desired at times. 

3 minutes ago, avoiding injuries said:

Anyone know why LSU left the court during the Anthem? Is that still a thing?

The coach allows it. 

• Sad 1

Congrats to Iowa…

Hopefully UConn can capture tonight’s game…

10 minutes ago, BunnysBastatrds said:

The coach allows it. 

Really glad they lost now. 

9 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

Really glad they lost now. 

Me too and for the fact that the LSU coach made a big stink about some reporter writing a Male Chauvinist article on their team. Oh and I had $8 on Iowa!:banana:

Anyone who watches the NBA will understand every player on the floor in all NBA games are probably 95% or more better than the best college players. College Bkb is difficult to watch for me unless it's a team I root for.

LSU lost? Fantastic. 

Another great first half…. JuJu and Paige came to play for sure…

1 hour ago, Gepetto said:

Anyone who watches the NBA will understand every player on the floor in all NBA games are probably 95% or more better than the best college players. College Bkb is difficult to watch for me unless it's a team I root for.

The difference for me is an allegiance I can't duplicate with an NBA team. 

Looking like Paige v Caitlin in one semifinal, which will probably be the late game…

What great games!

:banana:

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

Ohhh darn, I missed it. I was busy shaving my pubes. 

That’s what I did while I watched.

If the NC State teams can pull off the upsets, we could see both the Men and Women's Championship games feature UConn vs NC State.  Willing to bet that's never happened before.

15 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

If the NC State teams can pull off the upsets, we could see both the Men and Women's Championship games feature UConn vs NC State.  Willing to bet that's never happened before.

The Men's championship team should then play the Women's championship Team!  I mean, there's no difference between men and women were told so that game should go down to the wire.

10 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

The Men's championship team should then play the Women's championship Team!  I mean, there's no difference between men and women were told so that game should go down to the wire.

🤣  Nice!

The Iowa/LSU game averaged 12.3 million viewers.  That's incredible.  Would've been even higher if it was on ABC instead of ESPN.

On 4/2/2024 at 7:26 AM, TBayXXXVII said:

I think the Florida men and women both won the NC in the same year.

6 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I think the Florida men and women both won the NC in the same year.

Possibly, I don't doubt that.  I never said UConn was the only team to do it.  I'm saying that it's possible that both the men and women's championship match-ups could feature the same schools.  If the NC State girls pull off an upset and beat Iowa and the men pull of an upset and beat Purdue, the National Championship games for both the men and the women would be UConn vs NC State.

1 minute ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Possibly, I don't doubt that.  I never said UConn was the only team to do it.  I'm saying that it's possible that both the men and women's championship match-ups could feature the same schools.  If the NC State girls pull off an upset and beat Iowa and the men pull of an upset and beat Purdue, the National Championship games for both the men and the women would be UConn vs NC State.

That would've been a monster bet if they offered it.

On 4/2/2024 at 6:59 AM, Maximum Overkill said:

Ohhh darn, I missed it. I was busy shaving my pubes. 

The fact they are talking about it EVERYWHERE is why I know it's forced.

Kaitlyn Clark is Steph Curry, have you heard :doh: 

2 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

That would've been a monster bet if they offered it.

Odds probably would've been to absurd to even post it, especially with the NC State guys being an 11-seed.

Also, just found a USA Today article on the topic of men and women in the Finals.  Turns out UConn in 2004 and 2014 are the only times where the men and women won the Championship.  There were multiple occasions where the two made the Final Four, but only UConn won.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/college/2024/03/31/basketball-schools-men-women-teams-final-four/73163300007/

South Carolina turned it up a notch at the half…

Just now, posty said:

South Carolina turned it up a notch at the half…

This isn't the elite 8 and there is already a ncaa hoops thread :dunno:

I turned on the Iowa UConn game.  This is high school basketball.

This Clark person is your hero?

She can't even handle someone face guarding her.  Run that chick through a washing machine every play Steph style.  

And for the love of God, if they're going to double off that same chick that can't hit a three, pull her ass out and put someone in that can shoot.

Number 10 for UConn is trying to force Clark to the sideline by inviting her to go there.  Clark just realized 10 is too slow to keep her from getting to the middle even though her leverage is supposed to take it away.

She just blew straight by her twice.