Sign in to follow this  
The Real timschochet

The state of the Presidential race

Does the ongoing major wars not have some perception value?   You can say if Trump were in office it would look the exact same. You can say Trump would have made both situations even worse.  You can say its Trumps fault.  You can say Biden has done a good job with managing both situations.  

Doesn't the fact that 2 major wars started under Biden's WH... hold weight amongst voters?  Unsettling all of the east european region.  Perhaps these 2 situations will magically soon die down some.  But as of right now there isn't much end in site on either front.  And Biden has no real plan laid out; seemingly has no control of either situation other than throwing money at it.  

6 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

Lefties will do anything to win, like creating a bullshit!t trial in the middle of election. Conservative, Inc won't win another election until we start playing dirty games too.

Like catch and kill schemes, asking secretaries of state to find votes, fake electors and hanging the VP before he can certify the results?

34 minutes ago, Ron_Artest said:

Like catch and kill schemes, asking secretaries of state to find votes, fake electors and hanging the VP before he can certify the results?

Well besides that. 

1 hour ago, Tree of Knowledge said:

No way his handlers let Biden debate.  

I love this kind of talk. Set the bar low :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, listen2me 23 said:

Does the ongoing major wars not have some perception value?   You can say if Trump were in office it would look the exact same. You can say Trump would have made both situations even worse.  You can say its Trumps fault.  You can say Biden has done a good job with managing both situations.  

Doesn't the fact that 2 major wars started under Biden's WH... hold weight amongst voters?  Unsettling all of the east european region.  Perhaps these 2 situations will magically soon die down some.  But as of right now there isn't much end in site on either front.  And Biden has no real plan laid out; seemingly has no control of either situation other than throwing money at it.  

We’re not fighting in either one so you’re really overstating it.

21 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

We’re not fighting in either one

You believe that? 😂 

13 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

You believe that? 😂 

How many US servicemen have died under Biden vs Trump boyo?

4 hours ago, TheNewGirl said:

His trial outcome will not change my vote. 

Character means nothing when your constituents cannot pay their bills. If those constituents are too focking stupid to realize this, then that's really just too bad for our country. 

Who is unable to pay their bills, girlyo?

I keep reading about people who pay their bills claiming there are people who can't pay their bills, but other than the usual poor people circling the poverty drain, who are all these new people who can't pay their bills?

2 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

Biden has a black problem. They’re not voting for Trump but they may not show up in the numbers that they did in 2020. 

In 2020 Biden won Georgia by a few thousand votes because Stacy Abrams basically pullled a miracle and got every black person in the entire state to vote. I don’t think she can pull that off again. 

Biden has a better EC Path where GA is a luxury that he doesn't need.  PA/WI/MI are what he needs.

That being said,  it will be the second worst possible outcome (Trump winning is the first) for the country.  Trump will gain in the popular; narrowing that 7M popular vote gap and he'll bring GA and AZ back into the R fold.

MAGA will be butthurt and naturally complain that it was fixed and that it being closer than 2020 PROVES that 2020 was also fixed.

• Haha 1

On another note, it's nice to see a growup actually creating one of these political posts here.  Keep up the good work! 

• Haha 1

It’s all blah blah blah. Biden has a serious problem in Michigan.  He has no chance without it. Ask Hillary. Does everyone understand that? All the rest is a scrimmage without it being settled. 

52 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

You believe that? 😂 

:wacko:

3 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

Can we also agree that Trump’s choice of VP, whoever that turns out to be, will neither help nor hurt his chances? People make too much of this, IMO. The only time it really mattered was Sarah Palin probably hurt McCain a little but he wasn’t going to win anyhow. 

Yes.

4 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Sorry about that but it’s not what you were asked. 

Its highly likely this is not true

I don't know how its possible to be an undecided voter. There will not be another election where we know more than one between a candidate who IS president and a candidate who USE TO BE president.

The only possible X factor would be if RFK makes some noise. 

I just hope that after Biden loses he decides to run again in four years.

3 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

I agree with this. 
Now it doesn’t necessarily mean that Trump will win because there will be new voters who are going to vote primarily on the abortion issue- how many we don’t know. 

But I agree that what you wrote is true for most voters. 

My gut tells me abortion, although not a priority  for most voters, will be a big issue for the suburban white women who could easily swing this election in the direction of either candidate. They probably just happen to be a demographic who isn’t quite as affected by economy.  We’ll see.  I’m mostly basing this on a solid red Ohio codifying abortion last year. Anecdotally, my wife fits that demographic and she talks often about her conservative leaning  friends and co-workers talking about it.  It’s not that they would have ever sought an abortion themselves, it’s more about the principle of controlling their actions.   Thoughts?  

2 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

My gut tells me abortion, although not a priority  for most voters, will be a big issue for the suburban white women who could easily swing this election in the direction of either candidate. They probably just happen to be a demographic who isn’t quite as affected by economy.  We’ll see.  I’m mostly basing this on a solid red Ohio codifying abortion last year. Thoughts? 

White suburban women already largely voted Biden over Trump last election. The rest are likely staunch conservatives who vote Trump again.

1 minute ago, Gepetto said:

White suburban women already largely voted Biden over Trump last election. The rest are likely staunch conservatives who vote Trump again.

Yes, they did.  I’m just thinking abortion is enough to keep them blue and the economy won’t be enough to swing them to Trump.

2 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Yes, they did.  I’m just thinking abortion is enough to keep them blue and the economy won’t be enough to swing them to Trump.

Is it possible they could split their vote? Vote for abortion initiatives and pro-choice candidates down ballot, but vote for Trump out of economic concerns? I could see this happening as well. 

9 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Is it possible they could split their vote? Vote for abortion initiatives and pro-choice candidates down ballot, but vote for Trump out of economic concerns? I could see this happening as well. 

Good point

From the Twitters:

I’ll be voting for the party that doesn’t shoot puppies and scream monkey noises at black people.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Fireballer said:

Yea, you're right, but even without abortion I have a hard time seeing any slightly liberal woman in suburbia ever voting Donald Trump.

8 hours ago, squistion said:

From the Twitters:

I’ll be voting for the party that doesn’t shoot puppies and scream monkey noises at black people.

I guess that person will be voting with pedophiles, human traffickers, trannie terrorists, bad hombres, Middle East terrorists, and ghay rapist rappers.  

In the Indiana primary tonight 20% of Republicans voted for Nikki Haley.

Something is going on here. What nobody knows is: will these folks stay home or vote for Biden? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Real timschochet said:

Something is going on here. What nobody knows is: will these folks stay home or vote for Biden? 

Some will vote for Trump too.  I voted for Haley in the primary even though it was decided but will vote for Trump in November.  Just like much of those "uncommitted" will come to vote for Biden in November.  My wife voted for Johnson in '16, Biden in '20, Haley in the primary, I think she's throwing in the towel and voting for Trump in November.  Time will tell there though.

5 hours ago, Mark Davis said:

Some will vote for Trump too.  I voted for Haley in the primary even though it was decided but will vote for Trump in November.  Just like much of those "uncommitted" will come to vote for Biden in November.  My wife voted for Johnson in '16, Biden in '20, Haley in the primary, I think she's throwing in the towel and voting for Trump in November.  Time will tell there though.

Yep.  Voters will vote according to their party, even someone as noxious as Trump.

The thing that will win the election for Trump is that inconsistent voters like young people won't come out in number like they did in 2020.  Why would they?  Biden is embarrassing at this point and anti-Trump can only pull in so many people. 

8 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

I think there are still Conservatives in this country who put personal codes and expectations of leadership over simple Party wins.  Heck, there's a lot of Conservatives aligned against Trump.  That being said,  I'd imagine that at least 15% of those who voted for Haley were expressing that personal code; but will fall in line behind Trump. But, even if he loses 2-3% of those people....that will cost him the election.

In the end, Trump is going to do better in places like R bastion states. But, Id imagine with places like Florida moving away from being a battleground state because of the influx of new voters; it will hurt the Republicans elswhere. A Pennslyvania Republican who moves to FL only helps the Democratic Party.  Sort of like a reverse effect to how California has gone with its neighboring states.  

Indiana has an open primary.  

Biden comes out yesterday and sets the record straight, against antisemitism, standing with Israel, against violence at college protests.  Meanwhile Trump was sitting in a court room listening to a woman he forced himself on talk about how he uses old spice and pert plus.

32 minutes ago, Ron_Artest said:

Biden comes out yesterday and sets the record straight, against antisemitism, standing with Israel, against violence at college protests.  Meanwhile Trump was sitting in a court room listening to a woman he forced himself on talk about how he uses old spice and pert plus.

It’s like it was planned. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Ron_Artest said:

Actions speak louder than words.   While Biden was trying to salvage votes with that ridiculous statement he was and still is withholding weapons from Israel while they are at war.  

14 minutes ago, Strike said:

Actions speak louder than words.   While Biden was trying to salvage votes with that ridiculous statement he was and still is withholding weapons from Israel while they are at war.  

He's trying to broker a peace deal and he's getting close.

By in your focked up mind, this is antisemitism.  Also Israel has plenty of weapons to continue their onslaught of Gaza.

1 minute ago, Ron_Artest said:

By in your focked up mind, this is antisemitism.  Also Israel has plenty of weapons to continue their onslaught of Gaza.

I never said it was antisemitism.  It's politics and pandering to a special group, which is disgusting in it's own right.  Biden seems hell bent on going down as one of the worst, if not the worst, foreign policy Presidents of all time.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Presidential Race?  Do we know they’re 40 times?

I’d pay to watch that. 

On 5/6/2024 at 9:12 PM, Strike said:

I just hope that after Biden loses he decides to run again in four years.

Based on what we've seen from the Left, Biden doesn't even have to be alive either.

On 5/6/2024 at 10:15 PM, squistion said:

From the Twitters:

So they're going to vote for the man that knowingly wrote a Bill that put millions of black men in prison?

13 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

11 hours ago, Mark Davis said:

4 hours ago, zsasz said:

I think there are still Conservatives in this country who put personal codes and expectations of leadership over simple Party wins.  Heck, there's a lot of Conservatives aligned against Trump.  That being said,  I'd imagine that at least 15% of those who voted for Haley were expressing that personal code; but will fall in line behind Trump. But, even if he loses 2-3% of those people....that will cost him the election.

In the end, Trump is going to do better in places like R bastion states. But, Id imagine with places like Florida moving away from being a battleground state because of the influx of new voters; it will hurt the Republicans elswhere. A Pennslyvania Republican who moves to FL only helps the Democratic Party.  Sort of like a reverse effect to how California has gone with its neighboring states.  

Indiana is a "partially open primary" state.  When people show up to vote, they ask for a ballot for the party they want to vote for.  I'm willing to bet, of that "20%" vote that Haley got, more than 95% of that was from liberals asking for a Republican ballot.  I mean, just look at the voting.  Trump got 461k vote, Haley got 128k.... Biden only got 178k.  Trump beat Biden by 16% in Indiana in 2020.  He's walking away with that state again.

3 hours ago, Ron_Artest said:

Terrible. A peace deal would mean Israel loses the war and Hamas remains in power. Israel already said they won't stop until it's finished.