Sign in to follow this  
kilroy69

Caitlin Clark debut

59 minutes ago, nobody said:

I thought women's basketball was good.  I watched about 10 minutes of final 4 basketball before punching out and both teams were turnover machines.  Now I'm seeing wnba players can't catch passes?

Let me go to ESPN and figure out what to think.

Harrison Butker was right.  Do we need anymore evidence?

1 hour ago, nobody said:

I thought women's basketball was good.  I watched about 10 minutes of final 4 basketball before punching out and both teams were turnover machines.  Now I'm seeing wnba players can't catch passes?

Let me go to ESPN and figure out what to think.

It’s terrible. It’s always going to be terrible. Problem is we have a bunch of nitwits that never watched it before or been around it and so they don’t know any better. It’s flat out terrible basketball but that’s not what the narrative is so people just go with it.

1 hour ago, kilroy69 said:

Yea but Lloyd did not come with the hype Clark has. She HAS to be averaging like 30 points a game for her hype to stay. 30 points average is the top ever in the WNBA. So she needs a big game every game to keep the spotlight on her. Otherwise people are going to say her game could not translate to the grown ups game. Much like tim tebow 

Going to be hard when defenses are allowed to hack the shite out of her.  I'm expecting a ton of assists this season but it's poor start so far.

Austin Karp

@AustinKarp

The debut of @CaitlinClark22 with the @IndianaFever drew 2.1 million viewers on ESPN2 on Tuesday night, easily marking a @WNBA record for any ESPN/ABC/ESPN2 game and the best game for the WNBA since May 2001 on NBC

3:37 PM · May 15, 2024

51.8K Views

I heard something about racism concerning this gal? 

26 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I heard something about racism concerning this gal? 

She’s a white, straight woman playing in a league dominated by black, gay women. There’s been a lot of bias and hatred towards her but nothing crazy. Typical social media bickering. 

20 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

She’s a white, straight woman playing in a league dominated by black, gay women. There’s been a lot of bias and hatred towards her but nothing crazy. Typical social media bickering. 

With Clark and Brink this year and Bueckers next year, social media will be out of control...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Austin Karp

@AustinKarp

The debut of @CaitlinClark22 with the @IndianaFever drew 2.1 million viewers on ESPN2 on Tuesday night, easily marking a @WNBA record for any ESPN/ABC/ESPN2 game and the best game for the WNBA since May 2001 on NBC

3:37 PM · May 15, 2024

51.8K Views

i find it hard to believe there was ever a game that drew more viewers.

was 2001 the debut of Sue Bird?

2 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

i find it hard to believe there was ever a game that drew more viewers.

was 2001 the debut of Sue Bird?

She debuted in 2002...

1 minute ago, posty said:

She debuted in 2002...

damn I was close.  She was the only one I could think of that might have been popular enough to draw viewers to see her first pro game

4 hours ago, Gladiators said:

Harrison Butker was right.  Do we need anymore evidence?

😂 

Get your pasty white asss back in the kitchen Biatch! 

2 hours ago, posty said:

With Clark and Brink this year and Bueckers next year, social media will be out of control...

Who knew the WNBA would actually allow non-gay women in?  Progress and diversity, indeed.

51 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Who knew the WNBA would actually allow non-gay women in?  Progress and diversity, indeed.

Who said she isn’t gay?

edit: I guess she’s dating a baseball player. 

1 minute ago, WhiteWonder said:

Who said she isn’t gay?

This guy:

3 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Just now, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

This guy:

I looked her up and edited my post to add that she appears to be dating a baseball player. McCaffrey, no relation. 

Hey Caitlin, make me a sandwich and don't drop it on the floor.

10 hours ago, WhiteWonder said:

I looked her up and edited my post to add that she appears to be dating a baseball player. McCaffrey, no relation. 

She's dating Connor McCaffrey.  He played basketball for Iowa and his dad is the head coach there.  I think he works for the Pacers now.

13 hours ago, posty said:

I'm pretty sure Bueckers is gay, or bi.

Nah. There was some player in the wnba saying she only gets attention because she’s white. This is what libtards have brought about.  Certain people can be degraded because of their race. Others can’t. What a world.  

1 hour ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I'm pretty sure Bueckers is gay, or bi.

Paige is best known for her faith and for her desire to keep her personal life separate from her time on the court, but she has been linked to several men throughout her time at UConn. The latest person that Paige is reportedly dating is fellow UConn student and basketball player Matt Freeman.

https://www.distractify.com/p/paige-bueckers-dating

She could be bi, but I would guess unlikely with her faith, but who knows and honestly, it doesn't matter...

7 minutes ago, posty said:

Paige is best known for her faith and for her desire to keep her personal life separate from her time on the court, but she has been linked to several men throughout her time at UConn. The latest person that Paige is reportedly dating is fellow UConn student and basketball player Matt Freeman.

https://www.distractify.com/p/paige-bueckers-dating

She could be bi, but I would guess unlikely with her faith, but who knows and honestly, it doesn't matter...

Hmmm, lot's of talk about Paige and her teammate Azzi Fudd.  I think there was a leaked video or photos of them at some point.

2 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Hmmm, lot's of talk about Paige and her teammate Azzi Fudd.  I think there was a leaked video or photos of them at some point.

Yeah I have heard that as well...

Should be doing playboy any day now

The funny thing about Clark and the WNBA is that there is a very large segment of the player pool that want her to fail (people like Taurasi, who are jealous), even though she's going to bring the league attention that said players desperately want.  Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Just now, TBayXXXVII said:

The funny thing about Clark and the WNBA is that there is a very large segment of the player pool that want her to fail (people like Taurasi, who are jealous), even though she's going to bring the league attention that said players desperately want.  Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face.

They left has taught so many that every stumble in their life is because someone has pushed them. It only makes sense that this type of mentality is pervasive. 

1 minute ago, TBayXXXVII said:

The dirty truth is that no one wants to talk about is that women do not support women. 

3 minutes ago, kilroy69 said:

The dirty truth is that no one wants to talk about is that women do not support women. 

As a therapist that works with adolescents, this is absolutely true. Adolescent girls are horrible to each other. They tear each other apart at every turn and social media has only made things ten times worse. I guess it doesn't change much as they get older. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Fumbleweed said:

As a therapist that works with adolescents, this is absolutely true. Adolescent girls are horrible to each other. They tear each other apart at every turn and social media has only made things ten times worse. I guess it doesn't change much as they get older. 

How is this for a stat. Women claim that the are underpaid. Ok. Well who is doing that? 80 percent of all HR functions are female. 71 percent of all recruiters are female. The people who give them their jobs and who set their salary are almost always female. If they have a problem with someone in the company the people they go to....you guessed it. Female. Females do NOT want to see other females get ahead. But they also do not want to see men help other men because that is "not fair"

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

They left has taught so many that every stumble in their life is because someone has pushed them. It only makes sense that this type of mentality is pervasive. 

Absolutely true.

13 minutes ago, kilroy69 said:

Women are getting better, but men still out number them.  Last I saw it was something like 60%/40%.

She said that the game is "too fast for her right now"...  But she did have seven rebounds and six assists...

Figured this would be an issue coming into the league...

Women's basketball sucks. 

A half decent Men's D1 team would smoke a WNBA All-star Team 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

Women's basketball sucks. 

A half decent Men's D1 team would smoke a WNBA All-star Team 

I think a good men's high school team would win the gold medal in women's basketball.  

It's hard to beat bigger, faster, stronger.  

1 minute ago, nobody said:

I think a good men's high school team would win the gold medal in women's basketball.  

It's hard to beat bigger, faster, stronger.  

Agree 👍 

1 minute ago, nobody said:

It's hard to beat bigger, faster, stronger and less gheyer

fixed

1 minute ago, SUXBNME said:

fixed

Preach.  As Valentina Gomez said, "in America you can be anything you want, so don't be weak and gay"

Just now, nobody said:

don't be weak and gay"

I tell my neighbor that everyday 

Although, I'll say Kelsey Plum can definitely throw a t-shirt farther than I can.