Sign in to follow this  
bfros

Top 10 RBs and WRs next year....rank em

....because QBs and TEs rankings are gonna be fairly predictable, whadda got for your top 10 at the two main skill positions. My ranking:

RBs:

1. L.Bell

2. Murray

3. Forte

4. Charles

5. Foster

6. Lacy

7. Lynch

8 Peterson

9. McCoy

10. CJ Anderson

WRs:

1. D.Thomas

2. A.Brown

3. Calvin

4. Dez

5. Nelson

6. Julio

7. ODB

8. AJ Green

9. Maclin

10. Gordon

I see there's another thread about looking ahead to redrafts....that one looked a bit unwieldy...was aiming for something simpler.

• Like 1

ODB #1 WR.

This kid was a rookie!

I had him at 7.....tough for me to rank him much higher cause Cruz will be back next year, and the talent above him are a bit more battle tested and/or do not have Eli as their QB. But yeah, right now, he's insane and arguably the fantasy MVP.

Yeah ODB has been my fantasy mvp and helped carry me to 3 championship games. I actually like your rankings and can't wait till August comes around !

Merry Christmas !

Like the rankings above but for arguments sake, I currently like J Hill > CJ Anderson.

With Tre Mason, Mark Ingram, Forsett, and Lamar Miller earning honorable mention.

AJ Green at 8, seems harsh.

And B Marsh > Gordon, Maclin

Tough to rank too many WR ahead of Beckham...

Antonio

Dez

Beckham

Calvin

D Thomas

Jordy

Julio

AJ

TY

Cobb

All I know is this- WR will be my first choice in the draft this time. This year it was a RB and that didn't turn out very well (Ball).

So, whoever falls my way is mine.

RBs:

1. Bell

2. Foster

3. Lacy

4. Murray

5. Lynch

6. Forte

7. Charles

8. Anderson

9. AP

10. McCoy

WRs:

1. Brown

2. DT

3. Dez

4. Calvin

5. ODB

6. Jordy

7. Julio

8. Hilton

9. Green

10. Jeffery

I do really hope Calvin falls outside the top 5 for WRs....getting him in round 2 could be a massive steal.

Doug did an article a few days ago on this very topic.

Nice work!

Crowell and Mason seem a bit high (and no Lynch?), and Hilton feels a bit high....and I'd take Graham over Olsen any day....but otherwise solid stuff, as usual!

I see Doug still has Rudolph rated pretty highly. (Big grin)

When ADP signs with Dallas he will be the number one back non-ppr

One of the hardest to rank is CJ Anderson; dude looks good but what happens with ball and hillman healthy?

I think Golden Tate breaks into top ten next year...

I don't like 'McCoy or Charles as much as I do Hill and Mason

Brown is correctly projected to finish #2 next year. I won't draft him that early. I'm calling this year a fluke. :ninja:

He's definately top 10. But there's 3-5 WRs I'd draft above him.

Brown is correctly projected to finish #2 next year. I won't draft him that early. I'm calling this year a fluke. :ninja:

Agreed

ODB is someone to be excited about, but I suspect that those of you that have him Top 5 next season are Managers that picked him up off of Waivers this season. That being said, you are simply valuing him a bit too high, because you had your taste.

It's kinda like the guy that falls for a chick he gets it in with after just the first couple times... Girl is hot, and may have been a great ####, but don't get attached. There are plenty of great WRs in that 2015 NFL sea.

I can see the argument for Dez over him, but who else? Calvin is getting long in the tooth, D. Thomas and Jordy have other good options around them. Julio is always an injury risk. Beckham and Cruz play the same position.

No, there's not.

Agreed

Seriously? C'mon man you know better than that.

....because QBs and TEs rankings are gonna be fairly predictable, whadda got for your top 10 at the two main skill positions. My ranking:

WRs:

1. D.Thomas

2. A.Brown

3. Calvin

4. Dez

5. Nelson

6. Julio

7. ODB

8. AJ Green

9. Maclin

10. Gordon

Great list except Maclin and Gordon don't belong. Still thinking who would replace them, but Maclin is too unreliable and I don't rank browns in the top 10 of any list ever.

Tate is an interesting guy to evaluate for next year... 100 catches, 1300 yards, but really produced when Megatron was hurt... Offense overall was down this year in Det. is that a trend or a blip...

Tate is an interesting guy to evaluate for next year... 100 catches, 1300 yards, but really produced when Megatron was hurt... Offense overall was down this year in Det. is that a trend or a blip...

I think Tate next year is a WR3 with WR1 potential if Calvin gets hurt. So draft position would depend on how healthy you think Calvin will be. Or he's a handcuff for people that draft Calvin.

He was top 3 "WR scoring previous year as well - I guess it's a two-year fluke. Some opinions on here are just stupid.

Foster is a monster, but where will he play next year?

Most teams have learned paying big money for a RB is a losing bet.

You can count on Tardly Jones to open the vault for Murray, but I don't think Foster will get a huge deal

RBs:

1. L.Bell

2. Peterson

3. Hill

4. Lacy

5. Forte

6. Charles

7. Foster

8. Miller

9. Murray

10. Latavius

WRs:

1. ODB

2. A.Brown

3. Julio

4. Dez

5. Nelson

6. Calvin

7. DT

8. AJ Green

9. Cruz

10. Cobb

Foster is a monster, but where will he play next year?

Most teams have learned paying big money for a RB is a losing bet.

You can count on Tardly Jones to open the vault for Murray, but I don't think Foster will get a huge deal

Didn't Foster just get paid last year or the year before?

I agree A Brown will ranked #2 next year, but I won't draft him there... I'm calling this year a fluke. He's top 10 in my book, just not #2.

Do you actually watch the games? If not, you should. Brown is a tremendous route runner with great hands & Roethlisberger has eyes only for him.....that & drunk sorority chicks in random sports bar bathroom stalls.

ODB is 5'11". What happens when big corners start jamming him at the line of scrimmage ?

He flies by them, then reaches up and makes a ridiculous one hand grab.

ODB is 5'11". What happens when big corners start jamming him at the line of scrimmage ?

Why, what an innovative and untried approach to stopping a dynamic WR! My GOD I don't think anyone has tried it! Gosh! If only D coordinators in the league had attempted that against Welker, Harrison or AB!

Think how useless they'd be!

:rolleyes:

Why, what an innovative and untried approach to stopping a dynamic WR! My GOD I don't think anyone has tried it! Gosh! If only D coordinators in the league had attempted that against Welker, Harrison or AB!

This. Haven't watched a ton of Giants games lately but what I've seen of ODB is that his shiftiness/agility will help him gain separation from DB's who attempt this at the line of scrimmage with him.

Think how useless they'd be! Not saying he won't be great next year.. I would just tap the breaks on being the best

Not saying he won't be great next year.. I would just tap the breaks on being the best.

No one really knows; I've just put my opinion out there. I think ODB is going to be the most dominant WR in the NFL for the next 10 years; I think his skillset is that remarkable.

But the point is that my comment wasn't as much about exactly where I think he falls; it was simply in response to your worry that they'll start bumping him off the line. I'm here to tell you that teams already do that, and have also tried doubling him.

Nothing has worked so far. I think he's about as difficult to cover as there is in the NFL at the moment.

ODB is someone to be excited about, but I suspect that those of you that have him Top 5 next season are Managers that picked him up off of Waivers this season. That being said, you are simply valuing him a bit too high, because you had your taste.

It's kinda like the guy that falls for a chick he gets it in with after just the first couple times... Girl is hot, and may have been a great ####, but don't get attached. There are plenty of great WRs in that 2015 NFL sea.

Lead, follow, or if get out of the way. I think this kid may be the best wr in the NFL next year. I'm not going to hold it against him that it's only his 2nd season.

• Like 1

Not 1 person on this thread mentioned Manny Sanders? I'd take him over Gordon, Tate, Maclin, Cobb, Cruz, Marshall, and Jeffery. I don't think there was anything fluky about the season he had and if Peyton is still on top of his game next year Manny will have another top 10 season.

Not 1 person on this thread mentioned Manny Sanders? I'd take him over Gordon, Tate, Maclin, Cobb, Cruz, Marshall, and Jeffery. I don't think there was anything fluky about the season he had and if Peyton is still on top of his game next year Manny will have another top 10 season.

I am not gonna say a dang word about him all off-season, in hopes that he is a draft day bargain again next year. I would suggest the same. :cheers:

DT should b #1 next to brown. U want consistency from that spot and both have it. Even when dt had sanders stealing targets the guy is still putting up crazy numbers. I'd take either over odb whom yes the talent is real but Id rather have Peyton than Eli throwing to my guy especially with Cruz back do they put odb in randles outside we spot where he may not soak up as many targets. And Nelson is so severely underrated it's criminal. I'd prob put Nelson at 4 only behind dez and that's due to dez's usage and the fact he can ball out of any spot on the field. For wr I'd go:

Dt

Brown

Dez

Nelson

Calvin

Odb

Ty

Aj

Julio

Jeffery