Sign in to follow this  
fandandy

New NFL National Anthem Policy

You guys seriously don't get it?

greatest kleptocracy in the history of the Western Hemisphere.

And he throws a fistful of shiny nickels in the air for you guys to ###### about.

He may be dumb but he ain't stupid. I'll give him that

Obamas not in the white house anymore. Let it go ffs

I was just saying what they are saying. I certainly dont believe it.

Oh. Sorry. My bad.

I didn't follow the chain of comments. Just read yours.

I don't disagree. But where does Zimmerman and that kid in the hoodie fit into all this?

it was kind of the precursor, it showed Obama would jump to the racial thing as fast as he could without the facts, but they needed an actual cop rather than a random person. Bam here comes Ferguson

Mobb the whole false narrative of BLM which is basically what caused the kneeling started with hands up don't shoot. The ultimate false narrative. And from that it started where we are today. Obama was even in on it, and that is why I hate the movement, I hate the protests, and I hate Obama. Ferguson, single handedly set this country back 40 years

So, were back to the Rodney King era now? Makes sense. :cheers:

So, were back to the Rodney King era now? Makes sense. :cheers:

I happened to notice that there haven't been any Rodney King type beatdowns since Rodney King.

So that's progress.

I happened to notice that there haven't been any Rodney King type beatdowns since Rodney King.

So that's progress.

They learned to just cap them instead. Then they cant whine about everyone getting along on tv.

Oh crap. Why didn't I think of this sooner? I really am mad at myself. Definitely slipping Definitely. Here's the deal:

Bust the Union entirely. Make them all independent contractors. You solve every problem in one fell swoop. Lawsuits for medical care? Paying for medical care? This protest bullshiit? Everything all at once. Protest and litigation about wife beating, child abusing, etcetera? Forced mediation?

Hell, it's already heading in that direction. The players are forcing the owner's hand. I'm surprised they haven't floated a trial balloon yet.

Let's see how militant these jackasses are when they have all the clout and tenure of a stripper at a club.

So in a wonderful sense of irony, President Trump may have turned this into a Free Speech issue. When POTUS stated that players Kaep should be suspended, then threatened to change the tax code he brought the government into the fray. That's clearly crossing the line of "shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech,". Lastly, the NFL has specifically said they did this in part as a response to President Trump, confirming they changed a collectively bargained workplace rule in response to the President.

Business Insider:

"Oh yeah," Murphy said. "It was more how [Trump] might react, anticipating that. Also, how the fans will react, how the media will react. That's what we tried to think through."

Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones also said Trump was an influence.

Trump "certainly initiated some of the thinking, and was a part of the entire picture," Jones told Breer.

I'm sure everyone here is just as concerned as I am when it comes to the President of the United States intrinsically involving himself in rules of private business.

So in a wonderful sense of irony, President Trump may have turned this into a Free Speech issue. When POTUS stated that players Kaep should be suspended, then threatened to change the tax code he brought the government into the fray. That's clearly crossing the line of "shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech,". Lastly, the NFL has specifically said they did this in part as a response to President Trump, confirming they changed a collectively bargained workplace rule in response to the President.

I'm sure everyone here is just as concerned as I am when it comes to the President of the United States intrinsically involving himself in rules of private business.

Well, we've gone from colluding with Russia to bring down democracy to Trump violating the 1a by calling some a-holes a-holes. When's the trial?

Well, we've gone from colluding with Russia to bring down democracy to Trump violating the 1a by calling some a-holes a-holes. When's the trial?

Sorry, I don't speak non sequitur. :dunno:

I was more concerned when the potus stood in front of the UN and declared "the future must not belong to those who would slander the prophet of Islam" , but hey, that's just how I roll.

Just because you don't care when the country is insulted, doesn't mean others don't. I was brought up to respect the flag and find it disappointing and eye opening to see how there are so many people like you, MDC and pen who don't care.

Yeah, I find it equally eye opening that otherwise intelligent people get caught up worshiping symbols. A song and piece of cloth don't make this country great; freedom does. And a country can't be insulted.

All that being said, the new policy is reasonable from an employment standpoint.

• Like 1

Yeah, I find it equally eye opening that otherwise intelligent people get caught up worshiping symbols. A song and piece of cloth don't make this country great; freedom does. And a country can't be insulted.

All that being said, the new policy is reasonable from an employment standpoint.

I would hardly call standing and keeping your mouth shut for 90 seconds worship. Why must libtards always resort to hyperbolic lies to try and make their point?

I'm a stand and respect the flag guy but I heard that the fans chanted Knights during the anthem of the hockey game tonight. That will get absolutely zero attention but probably should.

How is that ok?

I would hardly call standing and keeping your mouth shut for 90 seconds worship. Why must libtards always resort to hyperbolic lies to try and make their point?

I stand in silence when the anthem is played. But I don’t get my panties in a wad when somebody else doesn’t. The freedom to protest is far more important to me than whatever nonsense affront to patriotism you guys are imagining.

I stand in silence when the anthem is played. But I dont get my panties in a wad when somebody else doesnt. The freedom to protest is far more important to me than whatever nonsense affront to patriotism you guys are imagining.

So you think the freedom to protest is taken away by having your employer require you either stand or wait in the locker room? Really? You can't protest to your hearts content the rest of your own time? Hyperbolic dishonesty. Or ignorance. Your choice.

they do the opposite when necessary, such as a baby being a blob of cells.

They are just plain old hacks by nature, they can't help themselves.

I stand in silence when the anthem is played. But I don’t get my panties in a wad when somebody else doesn’t. The freedom to protest is far more important to me than whatever nonsense affront to patriotism you guys are imagining.

way to conflate what not everybody actually thinks, this is not about protest or freedom or patriotism to everyone

its about a private corporation which is entertainment having the right to mandate whatever rules they want

I stopped watching cause they want to politicize the NFL, and I just want to watch a game with a bunch of men in tight pants

So you think the freedom to protest is taken away by having your employer require you either stand or wait in the locker room? Really? You can't protest to your hearts content the rest of your own time? Hyperbolic dishonesty. Or ignorance. Your choice.

I agree with the new policy nimrod. I don’t agree with people who take offense at the anthem protests.

I agree with the new policy nimrod. I don’t agree with people who take offense at the anthem protests.

so its your right to be offended by us not liking it, but its not ok for us to be offended by them

I agree with the new policy nimrod. I dont agree with people who take offense at the anthem protests.

The protests were expressly intended to evoke such offense. Thats why they chose that time. Instead of warmups, end zone celebrations, after the game, or any other time.

• Like 1

I agree with the new policy nimrod. I dont agree with people who take offense at the anthem protests.

Why wouldn't I be offended at their protest? It's a protest based on falsehoods and blame shifting. That's offensive. But the left, and you, portray this as an attack on freedom of expression. It's not even close to that. I guess it's just a deflection when the whole reason behind this protest is shown to be nonsense upon inspection.

• Like 1

Interesting. I was watching something totally unrelated about Brits V Americans and this sort of came up.

The whole idea of the Pledge of Allegiance and the national anthem recitation is apparently very much an American thing. The Brits are a little bit freaked out by it. They don't do that in grade school or elsewhere. And most Brits have no idea the words to their national anthem.

Again, this had nothing to do with the NFL protest. But they were getting a bit of a giggle and or a little bit astounded by the first time they went to an American baseball game and NBA game.

They were laughing at themselves over the fact that if they had to stand up and sing the national anthem, almost nobody in Great Britain has any idea the words to sing.😃

I've already expressed some of my opinions on why I feel the way I do about all this. But listening to them talk, I couldn't help but have some Dixie Chicks flashbacks.

No, I hate them more! That makes me more patriotic than you! No I Hate them mostest!😠

I dont know how many of you guys have actually been to a live sporting event in a while. My best estimation over an aggregate of maybe the last five or six events? I'd have to say a solid 23% of people in the stands are either on their phone, or so drunk they're talking to their buddies, or waiting in line for food or beer or walking and back from doing so or what the hell ever.

In the grand scheme of things? I'm a hell lot more pissed off at people like that than I am about people who deliberately and respectfully try to pull off some kind of a protest.

Cue the "but but the athletes get paid millions!...."😭😠 crew.

Yeah, ya never hear those brits sing god save the queen....

Oh wait, yes, yes in the real world they do.

:doh:

Yeah, ya never hear those brits sing god save the queen....

Oh wait, yes, yes in the real world they do.

:doh:

It's the only line I know.... but at least I do know that one line.

Kind of like the only line of Auld Lang Syne I know is "Should old acquaintance be forgot"

I pledge allegence to the f@gs

Of the United States of America

And to the feminists with whom they stand

One Nation, Without God, Reprehensible

With Food Stamps and Welfare for All

------

New and improved pledge

See your local Gender Studies adviser if you have any questions or comments

• Like 1

so its your right to be offended by us not liking it, but its not ok for us to be offended by them

I'm not offended by you or anyone WRT this non-issue. Both sides are being overly dramatic.

The protests were expressly intended to evoke such offense. Thats why they chose that time. Instead of warmups, end zone celebrations, after the game, or any other time.

I guess. Like I said, I'm amazed it worked on some otherwise intelligent people.

Why wouldn't I be offended at their protest? It's a protest based on falsehoods and blame shifting. That's offensive. But the left, and you, portray this as an attack on freedom of expression. It's not even close to that. I guess it's just a deflection when the whole reason behind this protest is shown to be nonsense upon inspection.

WTF are you blabbering about? First of all, I'm not "the left". Secondly, the original protest was against police brutality and racial inequality. Do you deny those things exist, or are nonsense?

I didn't say anyone was attacking freedom of expression, rather I value the right to peacefully protest more than the anthem/flag. But I'll say it again: the new policy is reasonable.

WTF are you blabbering about? First of all, I'm not "the left". Secondly, the original protest was against police brutality and racial inequality. Do you deny those things exist, or are nonsense?

I didn't say anyone was attacking freedom of expression, rather I value the right to peacefully protest more than the anthem/flag. But I'll say it again: the new policy is reasonable.

So why not head down to the police station and protest? On your own time?

I think most people admit police brutality and racial inequality exist, although it's not a major issue.

To me, the whole protest is bullshit because it is basically picking a minor issue and blowing it up because it's something protesters can rally around while pointing the finger at police and saying "they are the problem".

That is much easier and a guy like Kaep is going to look way more "woke" than actually looking at the myriad of other problems that truly affect the black community and truly hold back the black community, like absence of fathers in the home. But to talk about that, there would have to be some accountability and introspection and thats not nearly as "woke".

• Like 1

Serious question: If you're at home, bar, restaurant and the National Anthem comes on, do you stand?

Serious question: If you're at home, bar, restaurant and the National Anthem comes on, do you stand?

That's how you I get up from kneeling

I dont know how many of you guys have actually been to a live sporting event in a while. My best estimation over an aggregate of maybe the last five or six events? I'd have to say a solid 23% of people in the stands are either on their phone, or so drunk they're talking to their buddies, or waiting in line for food or beer or walking and back from doing so or what the hell ever.

In the grand scheme of things? I'm a hell lot more pissed off at people like that than I am about people who deliberately and respectfully try to pull off some kind of a protest.

Cue the "but but the athletes get paid millions!...." crew.

I haven't been to one since... yesterday. Wife and I go to quite a few DBacks game. As usual you are full of shiot. Everyone stands, every guy takes their hats off (some women don't, not sure why, maybe it will mess up their "look"?). If you are in the hallway and it starts, everyone stops where they are.

I'm sure a handful of people are like you describe but I've never seen one. Certainly not 23%.

Same for Cardinals games. Even though people are more liquored up because tailgating, everyone around me is respectful.

Looks like Trump used the occasion of Memorial Day to congratulate himself on a job well done AND advertise a special 25% off sale on MAGA merchandise. Discount Code: REMEMBER.

https://www.snopes.com/news/2018/05/28/maga-memorial-day-sale/

This is the guy wagging his finger at athletes who kneel during the anthem. Youre all getting played so hard. :doh:

Looks like Trump used the occasion of Memorial Day to congratulate himself on a job well done AND advertise a special 25% off sale on MAGA merchandise. Discount Code: REMEMBER.

https://www.snopes.com/news/2018/05/28/maga-memorial-day-sale/

This is the guy wagging his finger at athletes who kneel during the anthem. Youre all getting played so hard. :doh:

Agreed. Trump really messed up the 2017 season. The NFL should put an asterisk next to the Eagles Super Bowl win because it was tainted.

Of course not. Im not there, in attendance.

Engrish?

I stand for the national anthem.

do you expect me to just stay there kneeling?