Sign in to follow this  
Frank   M

Name something you do that others would think is strange

About my only OCD thing is my closet; long sleeves on right, short sleeves on the left, pants in the middle. All the shirts face the same direction and all my pants are hung the same as well.

• Like 1

About my only OCD thing is my closet; long sleeves on right, short sleeves on the left, pants in the middle. All the shirts face the same direction and all my pants are hung the same as well.

We've had these OCD threads before; I've got similar closet patterns. I usually do the laundry and put my own stuff away; two weeks ago I was at the Cards game and my wife did it. I didn't like it. :(

As long as those of you who do the "OCD" stuff do not have a foreboding feeling that nags at you until you follow through with it, you're good. Just anal-retentive.

I count stairs and steps in my head. I can tell you exactly how many stairs are in each house I've lived in. I can tell you the exact number of steps between my old office and the restaurant I ate lunch in.

I found out my mom and sister do it too.

It isn't an ice. Ocd thing. I don't have to start over if I lose count. It just kinda happens subconsciously in the back of my head.

All the people who partake in this OCD nonsense should be eliminated. It's a weak mind that does that, and the bloodline should cease.

I do my left first. ALWAYS. Left sock, right sock, left shoe, right shoe.

I am a retarted .......... LEFT First :dunno:

I pin my socks 2gether before I throw them in the laundry basket. It's a little bizarre - then again I never lose a sock.

I buy like 16-20 pairs of the exact same socks...wear them all ...until they are all basically shot. I throw them all, and get 16-20 more sock, all the same. That way, the MOST oddball socks I'll have is ONE.

I agree with volume being on even numbers.

I like washing my vehicle (drive through car wash) when it has been sitting out in the rain for a long period...even if it is still raining out. I'm not concerned with short term dirt. I'm concerned with the caked on dirt that sits and might cause rust. The stuff underneath that you might not see. If it has been soaking in the rain, and then I take to car wash, the residual and long term dirt are washed off. I'm not about it being all shiny and cool looking when I drive around town. I'm concerned with longevity/integrity/resale value.

I lick (wet it in my mouth) my Q-Tips before putting it my ear. I don't put it in my mouth after my ear, but I wet it before hand. It seems to feel better, and .....I dunno. After I've gone through once with a wet one, I'll use a dry one. Now, if I've just gotten out of the shower, my ears are wet inside already, so I don't pre-wet the Q-tip.

Okay...now the strange part.

I use a BELT SANDER to sand my feet. Maybe about once a month. It sounds harsh...but it isn't. It works like a charm. My feet get rough, especially in the summer when I am in bare feet and flip flops. Nothing works even close to as well as a belt sander.

All the people who partake in this OCD nonsense should be eliminated. It's a weak mind that does that, and the bloodline should cease.

cull the herd

I'd been an even numbered TV, thermostat, car radio volume guy my whole life.

When I turned 50 last year, I switched everything to odd.

My reasoning is that I've lived half my life on the even numbers, let's mix it up for 2nd last half of my life.

Of course, I ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO live to 100. Otherwise, things won't be even.

• Like 1

My reasoning is that I've lived half my life on the even numbers, let's mix it up for 2nd last half of my life.

You didn't do even numbers the first few years of your life.

Good luck sleeping tonight. :wave:

Sweet thinking man !

You didn't do even numbers the first few years of your life.

Good luck sleeping tonight. :wave:

It's now 3:47 am you rat bastage!

I'm right handed, but I only beat off with my left hand.

Oh wait, everyone is like thaf now that they have the pron on computers.

I open and read GFIAFP posts unless they have to do with gambling.

When I make a gate around lymphocytes in FlowJo I always make it a whole number.

see the first picture.

in this case i would make the circle smaller so that it wouldn't be 61.4% but 61%.

when I drink long neck bottles, always wipe the top. Some people think that's weird. I do it for a lot of reasons, but mostly just cuz I don't like that funky water on top of the rim

I'm rather OCD, so I have lots of these. I will say actually pinning socks together and drinking olive can juice is rather bizzare though. :unsure:

But.....

The volumn on the TV must be on an even number. I literally cannot function if I know its on 15 or 17 or 19.

If one car window is halfway down then all the car windows must be halfway down. If they are all the way down, they all have to be all the way down. I cannot function if one window is up the other down, the other two halfway, etc. It drives me nuts.

Either shut the door or open the door, none of this slightly ajar crap. Same with cabinets. Do you want it open or not? There is no inbetween.

I'll just stop now, I may be sharing to much already.

What if you make an odd numbered post on a low rent message bored?

I buy like 16-20 pairs of the exact same socks...wear them all ...until they are all basically shot. I throw them all, and get 16-20 more sock, all the same. That way, the MOST oddball socks I'll have is ONE.

I agree with volume being on even numbers.

I like washing my vehicle (drive through car wash) when it has been sitting out in the rain for a long period...even if it is still raining out. I'm not concerned with short term dirt. I'm concerned with the caked on dirt that sits and might cause rust. The stuff underneath that you might not see. If it has been soaking in the rain, and then I take to car wash, the residual and long term dirt are washed off. I'm not about it being all shiny and cool looking when I drive around town. I'm concerned with longevity/integrity/resale value.

I lick (wet it in my mouth) my Q-Tips before putting it my ear. I don't put it in my mouth after my ear, but I wet it before hand. It seems to feel better, and .....I dunno. After I've gone through once with a wet one, I'll use a dry one. Now, if I've just gotten out of the shower, my ears are wet inside already, so I don't pre-wet the Q-tip.

Okay...now the strange part.

I use a BELT SANDER to sand my feet. Maybe about once a month. It sounds harsh...but it isn't. It works like a charm. My feet get rough, especially in the summer when I am in bare feet and flip flops. Nothing works even close to as well as a belt sander.

You are an animal. I am ok with my feet being calloused, it means i wont get a blister, which sucks cack at work.

Not sure how often other people do this but I sit and just think for 15+ minutes at least a couple times a week. It's not to think about any one thing, my mind just drifts. It seems to be recharging.

Not sure how often other people do this but I sit and just think for 15+ minutes at least a couple times a week. It's not to think about any one thing, my mind just drifts. It seems to be recharging.

Oh that's a good one. At night, when I'm in bed, I do various non sexual fantasies. NFL QB, I'll be a character from GOT, something like that.

Not sure if this will fit since it has nothing to do with OSD, but it does answer the op question on things I do some folks might consider strange.

I talk on a CB radio every single night.

I also listen to a police scanner every day and night.

I have a HUGE beard. I have not even trimmed it in damn near two years. It is long and thick ladies. :D

I have not had a haircut in two years, maybe more. I grow my hair out for one reason, to donate it to locks of love. It is pretty long right now and since I made it another summer without a haircut, I will have a MASSIVE amount of hair to donate next time I get it cut.

I sometimes put rubber bands in my beard like Captain Lou Albano use to do. My beard is much bigger and thinker than his was, so it looks even better. My kid laughs his ass off when I do this.

There is more....

Not sure if this will fit since it has nothing to do with OSD, but it does answer the op question on things I do some folks might consider strange.

I have a HUGE beard. I have not even trimmed it in damn near two years. It is long and thick ladies. :D

I have not had a haircut in two years, maybe more. I grow my hair out for one reason, to donate it to locks of love. It is pretty long right now and since I made it another summer without a haircut, I will have a MASSIVE amount of hair to donate next time I get it cut.

I sometimes put rubber bands in my beard like Captain Lou Albano use to do. My beard is much bigger and thinker than his was, so it looks even better. My kid laughs his ass off when I do this.

There is more....

That's cool what you do with your hair. :cheers:

Why the long scraggly beard though? :dunno:

That's cool what you do with your hair. :cheers:

Why the long scraggly beard though? :dunno:

Trimmer broke. :thumbsdown:

Trimmer broke. :thumbsdown:

Can't you get Nikki##s to buy you a new one ?

I am totally going to buy a Gocolts toupee! :banana:

ETA: How the hell did wiping standing up not make Gary's list???

• Like 1

I am totally going to buy a Gocolts toupee! :banana:

ETA: How the hell did wiping standing up not make Gary's list???

We had that thread a while back, and a lot more guys do that than I thought.

The volumn on the TV must be on an even number. I literally cannot function if I know its on 15 or 17 or 19.

I've got a similar quirk. My TV Volume has to be in increments of 5. If you want it higher than 15, you have to go to 20. :lol:

Don't your buttocks get clenched and squash the poo? :cry:

Well, you don't stand straight up. More of a semi squat. :lol:

There is more....

I used to listen to a scanner at night sometimes. Before cell phones went digital you could listen to peoples private conversations. Real life soap operas. Very entertaining.

I'm a plummah who dabbles in extremely complex validated automation systems for the biopharm industry.

Kinda weird huh

I'm a plummah who dabbles in extremely complex validated automation systems for the biopharm industry.

Kinda weird huh

That's a mighty fancy way to say you plunge toilets for a living. :D

That's a mighty fancy way to say you plunge toilets for a living. :D

well I was hoping to be a clerk, or an admistrator, maybe a help desk guy or even a movie theatre usher but I couldn't make it through the college courses :( I'm dummy

well I was hoping to be a clerk, or an admistrator, maybe a help desk guy or even a movie theatre usher but I couldn't make it through the college courses :( I'm dummy

Until there are robots who clean sh1t out of toilets there will always be a job or dummies like you. :thumbsup: