Sign in to follow this  
Cloaca du jour

Whats your towns heroin problem like?

Every day the police reports in paper report ODs and multiple narcan revives. I dont even live within 50 miles of a major metro area. Todays paper says the county is out of narcan.

Is this honestly a bad thing?

I talk to local police and they say the addicts will call 911 before they shoot up because they now they are going to OD, its such a great high.

One kid in the paper was revived on friday... released and revived again on sunday.

Narcan is free and my father in law pays 7k a month for chemo treatments... wtf is wrong with this picture????

Ours has calmed down a bit over the last 18 months. We had several before that in the white trash side of town. Just dumb that we have those drugs being that strong. I am for legalization of drugs, but this has to give pause to that movement.

For an addict the stuff that kills people is the good stuff. Dealers will have a few packs extra strong to "make their brand in demand"

65% of drug dealers arrested in Boston are not born in the United States. The rest of the state doesn't keep those stats.

• Like 1

65% of drug dealers arrested in Boston are not born in the United States. The rest of the state doesn't keep those stats.

Link?

Link?

Howie Carr was on Tucker Carlson tonight. He brought those stats.

Oh. Howie makes stuff up. It could be true, but not likely.

I like him. Read his book on Bulger.

The lethal stuff has been floating around The Cites for a few years. Kids are starting to do horse tranquilizers now...killing them left and right

This seems to be mostly a mid west and north east problem.

Yeah, Phoenix doesn't seem to have anything near an epidemic going.

I like him. Read his book on Bulger.

No doubt. He is your type of guy. He does have some value and is entertaining in the liberal-land of MA. He is one of those guys that you question whether he really believes the stuff he says or whether he is a ratings hound

At least a few overdoses every shift I'm in the ER, not always to the point of respiratory arrest. I'm pretty sick of dealing with those idiots, but its part of the job.

At least a few overdoses every shift I'm in the ER, not always to the point of respiratory arrest. I'm pretty sick of dealing with those idiots, but its part of the job.

Where do you live?

I work in Flint (sure as hell don't live there).

Thanks. I was going to ask where you work, but I was afraid of an Airplane-esque answer like "a hospital." :D

I could see a problem there; times aren't great. :(

Saw a lot of junkies, crackheads, stoners and booze hounds in my life, and I'll put it this way: if my kids were ever to smoke pot or drink, I'll be pissed and get over it. If they did coke I'd be really Fockin pissed and freak the out, eventually get over it. If they ever did heroin my heart would be broken and I would worry ever day the rest of my life.

Saw a lot of junkies, crackheads, stoners and booze hounds in my life, and I'll put it this way: if my kids were ever to smoke pot or drink, I'll be pissed and get over it. If they did coke I'd be really Fockin pissed and freak the ###### out, eventually get over it. If they ever did heroin my heart would be broken and I would worry ever day the rest of my life.

As a parent of 2 teenage boys, I agree. I worry about "gateway" drugs with young ones, but heroin scares the crap out of me. I never did it and I never want my kids to try it.

As a parent of 2 teenage boys, I agree. I worry about "gateway" drugs with young ones, but heroin scares the crap out of me. I never did it and I never want my kids to try it.

It's pure evil. I grew up in the suburbs, but when I went to work in the city I ran into a junkie/pros who happened to be a girl I went to high school with. Saw her once in a while throughout the years in different states of clean/ disgusting. She died a slow death that took about 15 years to finally kill her (aids). She would tell me stories that were horrible. Things she did and things that were done to her. She didn't let it stop her from getting high though. She told be once when she was getting the shite beat out of her, after being gang raped on a housing project roof that all she cared about was the packets of heroin she had hidden in her jeans and that she was afraid her rapists would find them. The animals weren't content to rape her, they had to beat her, break bones and knock out her teeth. Her Dad tried to take her off the streets once and her pimp and other hookers beat him to a pulp.

Only police and emergency workers should get Narcan. Drug users? Nope. Let natural selection run its course. I wish there would be cocaine or some focking illegal street drug like Fetanyl or Fetanoid or whatever, when you sucked it in, or injected it......bang. You died instantly. Zero chance of saving you. That would clear up the drug problem a little bit more effectively than what's happening now.

Here there are ads on public buses (outside on the bus) urging you to carry Narcan. Save a life one day.

WTF

Pretty bad in the metro Detroit area. The latest thing is this "grey death" stuff that supposedly can be fatal to touch let alone inhale. It may be the stuff involved in the story that kutulu linked above.

My nephew is a cop and he says he is administering Narcan at least a couple times a week for overdoses. OD stories are rampant.

I have a son that's an addict and in recovery. Just knowing some of his stories from the last couple years tell me that this is a huge problem that cuts across every demographic that you can think of (race, age, gender, financial, etc).

I should know, i've focked half of them.

that's what my ex says :doh:

Not bad at all. Meth is another story.

My kid's mom just went out to Laz Vegas for her uncle's 60th surprise Bday and she used to live there until she was 12.

She got in touch with one of her old friends (22 years ago) and went to see her.

The girl and her "baby daddy" and all the friends, they are all meth heads. They all have kids too. WTF :(

Different parts of the country have different drug issues

They call Meth dope in vegas, they call heroin dope around here.

Dope used to be weed. :(

Saw a lot of junkies, crackheads, stoners and booze hounds in my life, and I'll put it this way: if my kids were ever to smoke pot or drink, I'll be pissed and get over it. If they did coke I'd be really Fockin pissed and freak the ###### out, eventually get over it. If they ever did heroin my heart would be broken and I would worry ever day the rest of my life.

:(

The meth diet...im getting an idea...$$$$

Nope.

Have to go to shrink and feign ADHD and get a script for Adderall. With insurance it's less than 50 a month. That's a steal

THAT'S how to diet.

Alot if people park on street... kids breaking in cars for money...found the neighbors registration in my yard the other day

I'm sure it exists, but I don't think it's epidemic or anything.. Meth, crack and that K2 stuff are far bigger players down here.

It's bad. Pills are the start of it all.

Trust me on this.

Pills are th debil and WILL lead to heroin. I know this topic very well. 5 plus years clean. :)

• Like 1

Trust me on this.

Pills are th debil and WILL lead to heroin. I know this topic very well. 5 plus years clean. :)

8 out of 10 times, yes Sir. you are correct.

quite often those people originally were, legally prescribed said pills after an accident or surgery.

8 out of 10 times, yes Sir. you are correct.

quite often those people originally were, legally prescribed said pills after an accident or surgery.

I think you and I have a better understanding,than a lot of folks on this bored, about this topic. Please don't let me put words in your mouf, but I think I'm right.

Trust me on this.

Congrats on 5 years clean.

I agree with you on the pills. Right now, for so many they are the stepping stone to heroin.

It is true. Howie was right based on the document that you listed. I am not sure how the numbers add up based on where they were born (ex: if 39% were born in the US, then how can 65% be born in another country?), but this is the key section that he was referencing.

An analysis of Class A Trafficking arrests showed that 39% of the arrestees claimed to have been born in the US, 26% claimed

to have been born in Puerto Rico, and 65% were born in another country. 84% of those who reported that they were born in

another country stated they were born in the Dominican Republic. It should be noted that for many of these arrests, the AFIS

records listed multiple places of birth. There has been open source reporting that Dominican drug traffickers will use identities

stolen from Puerto Rico to acquire Drivers Licenses in Massachusetts, and in other states. An analysis was done to see if there

were signs of identity fraud or use of aliases by those arrested for trafficking. In 44% cases where a person was arrested for

Trafficking Class A in 2015 or 2016, and listed a place of birth other than the US, there were signs of past identity fraud or use

of different names at booking. In 59% of the cases where the suspect listed Puerto Rico as their place of birth, there were

signs of identity fraud or use of aliases. This would suggest that heroin trafficking in Boston is largely controlled by Dominican

drug organizations.