Sign in to follow this  
bfros

Hunt looks legit

The owner of KHunt counter-offered. Instead of A. Brown and Powell, he asked for Brown and Mixon. Done deal...I GOT KHUNT !! :banana: :banana:

The owner of KHunt counter-offered. Instead of A. Brown and Powell, he asked for Brown and Mixon. Done deal...I GOT KHUNT !! :banana: :banana:

I KHunt believe you got him for that cheap. Must have been an FF virgin. Championship!

I KHunt believe you got him for that cheap. Must have been an FF virgin. Championship!

I know right? The guy basically GAVE Hunt to me. But I don't mind taking advantage of the village idiot. I won the trade hands down. :first: <------- me with the 1st place trophy.

The play he got caught on, the corner had the angle on him, and knew he couldn't tackle him, so cleverly he pushed him out. To get caught by and NFL corner that has the angle on you is expected for ANY running back. I thought it looked like Hunt was prepping to break a tackle and wasn't ready for a push. On the same play, Hunt beat 3 guys around the edge that had the angle on him. He has very good (not CJ2K) speed. His 10 yard burst is exceptional and really that will get him a lot of 20-30 yard plays because he will be getting past the 1st level and having a corner or safety drag him down for 5-10 more yards after he gets to 2nd level. The O-line looked exceptional for KC (in pass pro too). I think he will have about 1300 yards rushing w/ 12 TD's, 500 yards receiving with 7TD's. He will finish a top 5 RB. His feel for getting the edge is exceptional (His 2 TD's that went 3 yards and then his 58 yard run.)

Damn, I hope you are right because I will probably make the playoffs for the first time in the 5 years I have been playing in my boyfriend and college friends 12 team league with those sort of stats. I get laughed at by the guys in the league and so does the other female in the league for our picks. This pick of Hunt that I got in the 3rd Round may have me laughing all the way to the playoffs. I know he won't end up getting me 39 points each week, but if he remains productive that will be great.

• Like 1

No you didn't. Don't apologize. The dude had a 78 yard touchdown. He has breakaway speed.

He doesn't have what most people would consider breakaway speed. It's Jeremy Hill, speed wise I am talking, all over again. Hill had like 5 huge runs two or 3 years ago. Everyone forgot that he is a 4.6+ runner. I argued that the most logical thing to happen was his huge runs were going to disappear, thus bringing his ypc down. Of course I don't think anyone backed me, just the opposite in fact. What happens though? Jeremy Hill stops breaking random long runs, and his ypc falls dramatically.

The same thing will happen with Hunt. He didn't out race someone, it was a broken coverage I'm pretty sure. He had a full head of steam and caught a perfectly placed ball. 4.62 speed is not breakaway in the NFL. This is not me calling him a non quality rb, just don't expect Jamaal Charles or Chris Johnson huge runs like this on the regular

What Hunt has is the same as Jordan Howard imo. Two large backs who run in the 4.6s, but they have tremendous vision. Hunt just has the luxury of being a great receiver also.

What Hunt has is the same as Jordan Howard imo. Two large backs who run in the 4.6s, but they have tremendous vision. Hunt just has the luxury of being a great receiver also.

Game speed is different from combine speed too. Running flat out with no ball in your hand and no pads for a defined distance is actually quite different from having guys chasing you and having to possibly make cuts and having just ran a play 60 seconds earlier.

People talk about combine 40 speeds like every player is running at that exact speed every play, and what they did in the combine is somehow magically what they will be able to run at every time they run. Some guys have amazing combines (training specifically to increase 40 speed), and never play to that speed again. Some guys have terrible combines and play faster later. The combine 40 is one day--you have a bad day that day (don't sleep well, sore, etc), you're stuck with a 'slow speed' for your career. Kinda silly, really.

• Like 1

Take away his long plays and I still saw him go for 8yds a carry. Dude is a stud and we will all be drafting him in rnd 1 next year.

Take away his long plays and I still saw him go for 8yds a carry. Dude is a stud and we will all be drafting him in rnd 1 next year.

I'm only arguing his "game breaking speed here. He is very capable of gaining 8 yards on the regular due to his vision and decently quick cuts.

My eye test saw Hunt get tackled from behind on a few pays. My eye test saw Hunt not have the speed to round the corner before a defender got to him.

Excellent game plan credit Reid. KC used what worked vs NE in the Super Bowl.

Horrendous defense allowed Hunt to be very productive.

Worst game Pats will have all year and will make them more hungry.

Now there is gamefilm on KC and Hunt.

Sell high, he is not LT, Priest, Faulk,Bell, DJ, or Zeke.

Hope it works out for you. That is the #1 receiver and #3 pick in most drafts AND the rookie running back many experts had as the #1. You may get even value (I hope), but I sure don't think you stole him.

I'm still not a believer. I dunno, something just smells fishy about this Khunt to me.

KHunt should be good 3 out of every 4 games a month.

But can KHunt take the pounding? Can KHunt take the ball deep consistently?

Too many unknowns.

But KHunt is versatile. Can switch to another hole if the first one ain't working. You'll always be able to pound one if not the other

• Like 1

But can KHunt take the pounding? Can KHunt take the ball deep consistently?

Too many unknowns.

KHunt took a pounding 782 times and never let go of any balls at Toledo.

Yeah, but taking a pounding in college is expected. Can KHunt consistently handle the loads?

These days I think the amateurs get pounded just as hard as the pros.

Khunt is young and clean shaven, makes him worth alot in auction leagues.

I burnt over half of my salary on KHunt.

KHunt can be expensive in auctions. It's cheaper to settle for Jacquizz with Palmer.

Nah, once you've had KHunt you can never go back to palmer. :nono:

I mean, Brown will do in a pinch, but not Palmer.

My eye test saw Hunt get tackled from behind on a few pays. My eye test saw Hunt not have the speed to round the corner before a defender got to him.

**wishes he drafted KHunt**

• Like 1

Hunt has a 20-30 yard burst and no top gear. He was clocked at a max 20.84 mph. Which was the highest number in the game. Tyfreak maxed at 20.82 mph and Brandon Cooks was 1mph slower. He had 4 of the 8 highest max mph plays.

If you watch his runs he is shot out of a cannon through the second layer. He trucked McCourty on his second run of the night. Guy has the total package

• Like 1

Hunt has a 20-30 yard burst and no top gear. He was clocked at a max 20.84 mph. Which was the highest number in the game. Tyfreak maxed at 20.82 mph and Brandon Cooks was 1mph slower. He had 4 of the 8 highest max mph plays.

If you watch his runs he is shot out of a cannon through the second layer. He trucked McCourty on his second run of the night. Guy has the total package

This. Hunt has acceleration. He may not have the same top speed of Hill or Cook (maybe), but he maybe gets up to speed faster. Or at least fast enough. If you can accelerate quickly, the first guy misses, and you get to get into the foot race with the other guys. Top speed doesn't mean much with out acceleration.

he did get caught from behind. the one play should have been a TD. but by that point in the game he HAD to be tired.

either way, someone earlier compared him to Jeremy hill, and maybe the 40 speed compares, but Hunt's acceleration is off the charts compared to Hill.

He appears to get to top speed quickly, but the top speed is not blazing speed.

the acceleration and the elusiveness is what makes him better than hill even if the top speed is not outstanding.

edit- and hes a far better receiver than Hill ever was or will be.

so no, he wont be breaking a ton of 80 yard runs. but that does not mean hes headed the same way as Hill. He will have a solid career. I dont expect too many days where he gets 40+ fantasy points. This was a special day for him.

Hell no

What about a package deal? Like maybe 2-3 Benjamin level WRs?

Would you give up your KHunt for 2-3 Benjamins?

For me, I'd be all about the Benjamins.