Sign in to follow this  
IMMensaMind

++ UPDATE: 4-Game Suspension Upheld - 11 of 12 footballs NE used were deflated 2psi!

Only men. It's a fallacy made up by George. Even Elaine didn't know about it.

It's real!

But damn there are cameras all over that place especially that close to game time.

The Patriots control the cameras. :ninja:

http://blog.masslive.com/patriots/2015/01/green_bay_minnesota_tampa_bay.html

I say punish them all. Suspend Belichick, McCarthy, Zimmer. and Rivera for a year and take their first rounder. .Cant suspend Chucky so take the Bucs first and second this year. Cuz, you know, cheating is cheating. And no way we can let that sh*t go. Right?

The Tampa Bay Times is reporting former Buccaneers quarterback Brad Johnson paid to have the Buccaneers' footballs altered before Super Bowl XXXVII.

The Bucs beat the Oakland Raiders, 48-21.

"I paid some guys off to get the balls right," Johnson told the Times. "I went and got all 100 footballs, and they took care of all of them."

He admitted he paid $7,500 to have the balls altered for better grip.

Earlier in the week, Deadspin posted CBS audio from the Green Bay-New England Week 13 matchup in which CBS commentators Phil Simms and Jim Nantz discussed Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers possibly altering game footballs, too.

According to Simms: "(Rodgers) said something that was unique: “I like to push the limit to how much air we can put in the football, even go over what they allow you to do and see if the officials take the air out of it” because he thinks it’s easier to grip."

Meanwhile, an ESPN report from November has resurfaced in which the Carolina Panthers and Minnesota Vikings were caught by Fox cameras heating footballs on the sidelines with game time temperatures hovering around 12 degrees.

Maybe it was already mentioned in this thread.....but the thing that cracks me up is the league threatened to suspend Lynch for wearing some ugly ass shoes but they turn the cheek when teams are caught cheating. :doh:

I think the Pats are one of the best teams ever. The coach/QB is the best duo ever. They and Seattle were the best teams this year.

Just don't understand why they're the ones who are always (caught) cheating.

• Like 1

Maybe it was already mentioned in this thread.....but the thing that cracks me up is the league threatened to suspend Lynch for wearing some ugly ass shoes but they turn the cheek when teams are caught cheating. :doh:

I think the Pats are one of the best teams ever. The coach/QB is the best duo ever. They and Seattle were the best teams this year.

Just don't understand why they're the ones who are always (caught) cheating.

I heard mention of that during seattles game but I wasn't sure if it were the cleats he was wearing then or if they were another set of cleats. I know he had gold on the bottom of the shows he wore but wasn't sure if those were the ones or if they were talking about ones that were entirely gold

Well, we're back to the sordid subject of cheating after 7 years Pats fans. One question still remains; why would Bill Belichick do something like this if he didn't feel it gave him an advantage? He wouldn't.

And you guys wonder why so many people hate your team. Contrary to some opinions, it's NOT because of your winning records. It's because your coach and organization have ZERO scruples and ZERO integrity.

Here's your trophy............. * :first:

• Like 1

If most teams like the balls with a little less psi, lets just change the rules for ball pressure and get on with it.

The NFL is making it a poosey game in so many other areas, let the boys grip the ball any way they focking feel is best.

If most teams like the balls with a little less psi, lets just change the rules for ball pressure and get on with it.

The NFL is making it a poosey game in so many other areas, let the boys grip the ball any way they focking feel is best.

Your logic is dumb. You have to establish a standard for ALL players, not whatever each player or team likes or dislikes.

http://blog.masslive.com/patriots/2015/01/green_bay_minnesota_tampa_bay.html I say punish them all. Suspend Belichick, McCarthy, Zimmer. and Rivera for a year and take their first rounder. .Cant suspend Chucky so take the Bucs first and second this year. Cuz, you know, cheating is cheating. And no way we can let that sh*t go. Right?

There are lots of things you're allowed to do with the football. Scuffing, conditioning them; softening the leather. I think people have to have a better understanding of the exact rule, and the spirit of it.

CNN running a deflate gate debate.

This is big time news and plain old CHEATING label

Tainted

so was innocent officer wilson.

CNN :lol:

They really won't get punished much, just a slap on the wrist if anything. If it bothers you that much, walking away isn't a terrible idea. It's just football after all. I barely watched any this year, only tuning in from the divisional round of the playoffs on. Last week was the most football I watched this season, and even then I missed the first quarter or so of the Pats game since that Hawks-Packers game was so awesome.

At some point in life you realize this stuff is just entertainment and you can't ascribe a bigger meaning to it. So if it becomes a negative to you, you just need to avoid it. No point in going through life annoyed at things you can't control in any way. I actually spent most of this season studying a foreign language and spending time with family rather than watching football. I think overall it was better for me, I can't see myself sitting around all day on Sunday watching football like I used to either.

Perfectly stated. I've mainly avoided football this year and am slowly losing interest. The regional coverage sucks. The games have way more stoppages than they ever did. The talent is spread paper thin due to expansion and free agency so very often it's simply BAD football being played between two hopeless teams.

We even folded our fantasy league of 18 seasons this year. Why? People have moved on. We have other and better things to do all Sunday besides being glued to stat trackers and channel flipping to see who just scored a TD. It became to hard to get together anymore like we used to. Honestly, the Internet ruined fantasy football as much as it helped. Everyone has access to the same info. No one wants to hang out and watch the game anymore. Nope, you just log onto to your cookie cutter league website to see if you won or not. Focking boring. The Internet also facilities people being in like 15 leagues at the same time so very quickly half the owners mentally drop out of whatever league they are not doing great in so they can tend to the ones they are doing great in.

Sorry, but those are the facts.

There are lots of things you're allowed to do with the football. Scuffing, conditioning them; softening the leather. I think people have to have a better understanding of the exact rule, and the spirit of it.

Sure. But overinflating balls is expressly against the rules. Aaron Rodgers admitted to doing it. He admitted to cheating. Heating balls on the sideline is expressly against the rules. The Panthers and Vikings were both seen doing so on camera during a regular season game. They were cheating, and caught red handed. The only one with a tiny bit of grey area would be the Buccaneers, since Johnson doesnt say exactly what he had his guys do to the balls. But since he felt the need to pay them $7500 dollars to do it, i think we can at least assume it wasnt any of the allowable scuffing and conditioning. But i would be comfortable not hammering the Bucs, since it happened like 5 regimes ago.

But the rest of them must be made an example of. Its the integrity of the game at stake here.

Still sobbing like a lonely old queen :lol:

Dude this isn't going away. Watching ABC good morning America now. Top story. Long segment

Anyone hear the quote from couple years ago when Brady said "I like a deflated ball" they played that

Turned channel and Today show doing same thing

Your logic is dumb. You have to establish a standard for ALL players, not whatever each player or team likes or dislikes.

I'm using Commish Goodell's logic standard.

Dude this isn't going away. Watching ABC good morning America now. Top story. Long segment

Anyone hear the quote from couple years ago when Brady said "I like a deflated ball" they played that

Turned channel and Today show doing same thing

What do the ladies from The View have to say about it? :lol:

Bill going Live on Foxnews in a minute. For the team press conference.

If you're able to watch update us on what he says. Love to hear how he defends against the deflated balls lol

What do the ladies from The View have to say about it? :lol:

Nice try attempting to marginalized the issue. All stations feature nfl reporters and former nfl players

Nice try cheater

Well, we're back to the sordid subject of cheating after 7 years Pats fans. One question still remains; why would Bill Belichick do something like this if he didn't feel it gave him an advantage? He wouldn't.

And you guys wonder why so many people hate your team. Contrary to some opinions, it's NOT because of your winning records. It's because your coach and organization have ZERO scruples and ZERO integrity.

Here's your trophy............. * :first:

I totally agree and so do many other people. No one ever had a problem with the Cowboys teams, 49ers teams, Redskins teams, the Rams, etc, etc when they were the cats meow or whatever. Sure people hated them but ONLY because of the winning, NEVER because there was "cheesiness" going on. The Pats OTOH are shrouded in cheese. Everytime they win its "something else".

And yeah, why would Hoodie do it if he didnt think it was going to help?

And, if him and Tom are such geniuses, why do they have to pull this petty crap?

Love the Trophy with the asterisk too - sooooo fitting and accurate! :banana:

• Like 1

Sure. But overinflating balls is expressly against the rules. Aaron Rodgers admitted to doing it. He admitted to cheating.

No; he didn't manipulate any ball after the refs inspected and marked them. Apparently, he added air prior to any inspection, to see if it would pass, and that's an entirely different thing.

Heating balls on the sideline is expressly against the rules. The Panthers and Vikings were both seen doing so on camera during a regular season game. They were cheating, and caught red handed.

Is it? Has the rule been posted?

The only one with a tiny bit of grey area would be the Buccaneers, since Johnson doesnt say exactly what he had his guys do to the balls. But since he felt the need to pay them $7500 dollars to do it, i think we can at least assume it wasnt any of the allowable scuffing and conditioning. But i would be comfortable not hammering the Bucs, since it happened like 5 regimes ago.

But the rest of them must be made an example of. Its the integrity of the game at stake here.

Not Rodgers, for the reason stated. And I haven't seen the rule posted about heating the balls. Have you? Holding the ball in your lap under your wrap could be considered heating the ball too, right?

Let's see the rule, exactly as written.

Nice try attempting to marginalized the issue. All stations feature nfl reporters and former nfl players

Nice try cheater

I wonder if Ellen will have a segment on it this afternoon? I have to actually go to work so I won't get to watch, but please keep me up to date mmkay? :)

Arron Rogers "I like to push the limit to how much air we can put in the football, even GO OVER what they allow you to do and SEE IF the officials take air out of it"

If ....not when :doh:

I think before we make any snap decisions lets see the verdict. Find out if the balls were actually tampered with after they were inspected or if the officials just didn't do a good job of checking them. Since they had their hands all over them during the first half they might have just half-asses the inspection. Or someone from the patriots staff could have stuck a quick pin into the footballs to let air out. To let 2 psi it doesn't take long. Maybe 5 seconds tops. So someone could have done it quickly but they would have been easily seen. Should just wait for the report

What every Pats fan is thinking about DeflateGate:

That is great!! :clap:

Anyone else find it a little odd Baltimore did not report the balls when they played the Patriots instead tipping off the Colts? The Pats vs Ravens game was colder where the softer balls would come in handy. So if anyone really believed that it was a big deal and the deflated balls gave the Pats such an advantage then why they hell not say something during their game?

BECAUSE ITS A BUNCH OF BS AND THEY KNOW IT. THEY JUST DID IT TO TRY AND GET THEM IN TROUBLE. :nono:

Here is the latest from Yahoo. Be sure and watch the attached video......particularly the classic lines by Sapp, in which he states: "Brad (Johnson) likes his balls a little beat up" & "Everyone gets to play with their balls their own way".

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/bill-belichick-pleads-deflate-gate-ignorance---i-don-t-have-an-explanation--150927475.html

If you put 149 degree F air into a football at 12.5 psi just before the footballs are checked and then measured the pressure at halftime after the footballs had been outside (game time temperature was 51 degrees), then the footballs would only have 10.5 psi. Ideal Gas Law.

If you put 149 degree F air into a football at 12.5 psi just before the footballs are checked and then measured the pressure at halftime after the footballs had been outside (game time temperature was 51 degrees), then the footballs would only have 10.5 psi. Ideal Gas Law.

Funny how "gas laws" only effect Patriot's footballs and not the Colt's...

• Like 1

even funnier is the eagles being 9-3 and missing the playoffs :lol:

And how do we know that it didn't affect the Colts' balls?

The Ideal Gas Law still affects both teams, silly. If the Colts put room temperature air into the footballs at 13.5 psi and measured the footballs at halftime, the footballs would measure at about 13 psi, but still within the rules.

You would think the balls would be just a tad warm if you did that. But pretty damn good idea. :thumbsup:

Arron Rogers "I like to push the limit to how much air we can put in the football, even GO OVER what they allow you to do and SEE IF the officials take air out of it"

If ....not when :doh:

quieted down the deflated packer fans anyway

Here is the latest from Yahoo. Be sure and watch the attached video......particularly the classic line by Sapp, in which he states: "Brad (Johnson) likes his balls a little beat up".

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/bill-belichick-pleads-deflate-gate-ignorance---i-don-t-have-an-explanation--150927475.html

i knew there was a reason i liked brad johnson

This explains why Brady always miss high on his throws.

The Ideal Gas Law still affects both teams, silly. If the Colts put room temperature air into the footballs at 13.5 psi and measured the footballs at halftime, the footballs would measure at about 13 psi, but still within the rules.

I thought about this this morning but didn't do the math. NFL teams should hire us engineers. :D

Just read where Adam Schefter is reporting that the league is finding it difficult to obtain evidence that the patriots altered the footballs during the game