Sign in to follow this  
OrangeSoda

++ Update - Who is the #2 WR in PIT? - Bryant Facing 4-game suspension

Im hoping to get some insight from some Steelers Homers out there!

The National media, and all the so called Expert sites out there are pushing Wheaton, as the #2 ahead of Bryant..

Who ever emerges might be worth a solid #2 and out play his ADP, so im interested who it will be!

This reminds me of the Chicago WR situation a few years back, when everyone thought Marcus Robinson, would emerge, and Marty booker came out of nowhere to have like 12 TDs that year?

Any thoughts?

None of them will get 12 tds . I think it's going to be week to week. A wrbc if you will . That's what I think it will be case .

I'm pretty certain it's going to be Bryant. I know it's been talked about recently that Wheaton may be ahead of Byrant but I don't think that's how the season will go.

Check out Matt Harmon's "Reception Perception" and you may feel better about Bryant.

It's a mystery wrapped in a conundrum, isn't it? Wheaton is being propped by the Steelers as the breakout guy and is the clear #2 at this point, but he has the build of a slot guy (well, so does Brown I suppose). Bryant is the freakish specimen who reminds me of Randy Moss who can just run a 9 route and get a TD even though the defense knows it is coming, but he is WR3.

It would seem to an ignorant armchair coach like myself that Brown and Bryant present a fantastic complement to each other, and Wheaton could be a formidable slot guy.

Glad I could be of help. :lol:

It's a mystery wrapped in a conundrum, isn't it? Wheaton is being propped by the Steelers as the breakout guy and is the clear #2 at this point, but he has the build of a slot guy (well, so does Brown I suppose). Bryant is the freakish specimen who reminds me of Randy Moss who can just run a 9 route and get a TD even though the defense knows it is coming, but he is WR3.

It would seem to an ignorant armchair coach like myself that Brown and Bryant present a fantastic complement to each other, and Wheaton could be a formidable slot guy.

Glad I could be of help. :lol:

I think you have it, Brown and Wheaton are possession receivers while Bryant is the deep threat. At this point, I think they are just grooming Wheaton to replace Brown when either he gets too old or wants too much money. I've also heard that as of now, Pittsburgh has no plans to renew Browns contract in a couple years. It's really how Pittsburgh runs their organization. In my opinion and as I've stated in another thread, I don't think Wheaton can replace Brown. I will say he did improve last season and he looked pretty solid against the Packers in preseason so maybe he is coming along, but I am not holding my breath. He is young so time will tell.

It's a mystery wrapped in a conundrum, isn't it?

Actually, it's a mystery wrapped in an enigma......resulting in a conundrum

(Bryant is the play)

• Like 1

Actually, it's a mystery wrapped in an enigma......resulting in a conundrum

(Bryant is the play)

I prefer my mysteries wrapped in bacon.

Well, when evaluating you have to look at value and their relevant ADP. I like most think Bryant has the higher upside and will have more "beast" games.....but he is going several rounds ahead of Wheaton. Don't forget that Markus is a talented WR in his own right and was highly touted coming out of college. I guess what I'm getting at is that head to head I would draft Bryant over Wheaton but I like Wheatons VALUE better compared to what round you can nab him in.

Well, when evaluating you have to look at value and their relevant ADP. I like most think Bryant has the higher upside and will have more "beast" games.....but he is going several rounds ahead of Wheaton. Don't forget that Markus is a talented WR in his own right and was highly touted coming out of college. I guess what I'm getting at is that head to head I would draft Bryant over Wheaton but I like Wheatons VALUE better compared to what round you can nab him in.

Wheatons value is only better if he can produce similar numbers to Bryant. As much as i dont think Bryant is the world beater some people think, i still believe he brings an element to the Steelers pass game that is different than either Brown or Wheaton.

Most likely Wheaton will have more receptions than Bryant, but their total yards will be comparable (giving the edge to Bryant with both in the range of 600 - 1000). Bryant will very probably have more TDs than Wheaton (guessing Wheaton grabs 2-5 with Bryant possibly grabbing 6-10).

Brown, Bryant, Wheaton, Miller, Bell, Williams

I think we need a Big Ben throws for 5000 yards thread.

If Maddox can throw for 5K, Ben should be good for 7K.

This year you may be adding in Coates as well. Maybe Goodwyn.

Big ben WANTS it to be wheaton. That is enough for me. I doubt the steelers are going to brush off the wants of the dude that tosses the ball

Big ben WANTS it to be wheaton. That is enough for me. I doubt the steelers are going to brush off the wants of the dude that tosses the ball

He also wants to rape. Just sayin :dunno:

• Like 1

He got away with that one. What makes you think he will not get what he wants this time.

Wheaton has been running as the #2 with Bryant coming in a bit sparringly as the third wideout. Wheaton has been playing the slot. He's similar build to Brown, both are jitterbugs but Wheaton doesn't have Brown's after catch prowess. The Steelers offense could be ridiculous this year, with Haley having the options of the smaller WR's in Brown+Wheaton, 6'2" rookie speedster Sammie Coates, 6'5" stud Martavis Bryant, Heath Miller + 6'6" backup TE James Jones, AND Le'Veon Bell in the backfield. There are so many weapons I don't anticipate either Wheaton or Bryant putting up consistent WR2 numbers, but I personally would rather have Bryant.

As last year's production from both Bell and Big Ben shifted into a higher gear once Bryant appeared on the scene in Game 7 to stretch the field, I'm surprised to see how Roethlisberger has been lobbying for Wheaton this pre-season instead of Bryant.

Steelers second wr will be Bell when he returns . The others will fight week to week for targets , seems like the Steelers are trying really hard to push Wheaton over Bryant , and from what I saw last season I don't understand why unless there is some in house problems that we don't know about .

Ruh roh...

@AdamSchefter:

Steelers WR Martavis Bryant is facing 4-game suspension for violating Substance Abuse Policy, per league sources. Suspension under appeal.

- muthafukkkk ... AB might go 25/300/4 those first two weeks-

damn, time for buckWheat to step the fudge UP ... and Heaf Milluhhh is now nicely in play ...

Happy i drafted Wheaton in a few mfl10s. Im also happy i drafted Adams as my 5th receiver in the fftoday july ppr mock since Bryant is technically my wr3.

Makes a lot of sense now, Ben has been hyping Wheaton all off season, and Bryant put on 20 lbs this off-season. Ben6K is now a pipe dream.

This will cut into Big Bens 6k yard season right KSB?

Not the best of news, I may have to adjust to 5,950.

So where should we adjust the rankings of Wheaton and Bryant?

I'm drafting tonight and can probably swing Wheaton but not sure how high to bump him up.

Well, Bryants PPR ADP in a 12 Teamer is currently around 5.08. Wheaton is 9.12.

4 games is just under 1/3 of a fantasy regular season. So the impact is there, therefore I think you see them meet somewhere in the middle with both ADP's moving to the 7th round.

If this is for weed, the NFL really needs to rel-look at it's policies. I mean, can the Denver Broncos and Seattle Seahawks get suspended too? It's legal in those states.

The laws are changing in regards to weed, this harsh penalty for it is dumb. The first PED suspension is 4 games too. Now THAT is worthy, but smoking a joint? Dumb.

There goes my prediction on Bryant, I still don't think Wheaton will see a huge increase in his numbers. Brown will get a bump in his numbers and the rookie Coates may get some reps. They'll play Heyward-Bey, but he'll be competing for worst receiver in the league that somehow still gets to play in regular season NFL games.

If this is for weed, the NFL really needs to rel-look at it's policies. I mean, can the Denver Broncos and Seattle Seahawks get suspended too?

The laws are changing in regards to weed, this harsh penalty for it is dumb. The first PED suspension is 4 games too. Now THAT is worthy, but smoking a joint? Dumb.

A follow up question I would have is if it is for mj, then why would Bell get 2 games, Blount get 1 game, and Bryant get 4? Does it really matter if you get caught by law enforcement or the nfl?

A follow up question I would have is if it is for mj, then why would Bell get 2 games, Blount get 1 game, and Bryant get 4? Does it really matter if you get caught by law enforcement or the nfl?

I'm assuming its an Appeal process that reduces it. (Assuming this is weed and not PED) Either that or this is his second violation and the first was never made public or something.

Now we all know the answer to the mystery , figures that's reason the Steelers where pumping up Wheaton .

The perfect opportunity to draft Bryant with some value.

If this is for weed, the NFL really needs to rel-look at it's policies. I mean, can the Denver Broncos and Seattle Seahawks get suspended too? It's legal in those states.

Agreed. And I am guessing it is for weed, Bryant doesn't seem like a "hard drug" user, but I could be wrong. I think if a team is based in a state where it is legal recreationally or medically the NFL should consider that. To that even further if a player used marijuana in a state where it is legal I don't see how he did anything wrong. Its 2015, people smoke weed I think its time to put this to bed.

o

Lol... re-look WHAT policies? The stricter limits that were in place when Gordon was initially suspended have already been revised with the new CBA before last season. Hence Gordon's reduction in original suspension. The limits now are more in line with the armed forces threshold.

At some point life is about decisions. In Bryant's case, if indeed it's about pot, the choice is between the hippie lettuce or millions of dollars.

Stupid argument. I don't care if they make the rule for me not to eat pizza. If your paying me I'll do whatever the fock you want me to do if you keep signing my checks.