Sign in to follow this  
Frozenbeernuts

Night shift

I really hate night shift. The last time I did it I almost fell asleep and crashed my car on the highway. I'm being offered the option of taking it. The extra pay comes out to 200 more per week take home. To me it doesn't seem worth it. What's would you do?

Third shift 11-7 for 21 years now. I love it.

Although I'm not exactly a people person so that might have something to do with it.

Whats night shift to you ?

4PM to midnight or 11PM to 7AM ?

Ive done them all and each has its advantages and disadvantages

That said Ive been Day shift for 7 years and it would have to be a hell of a lot of money to go back

Third shift 11-7 for 21 years now. I love it.

Although I'm not exactly a people person so that might have something to do with it.

Some people love it. Personally, I hate it unless it's a really good job and there are some good people I know on the shift

Night shift would be 6 pm to 8 am.

14 hour days 5 days a week ??

If I had it all the time, I'd probably get used to it and be fine.

When I was managing the waffle House, I would have to do third shift (9pm-7am) from time to time. Three days here. A day or two there. Once in a while a double third then first (9pm-2pm). Going back and forth really focks your sleep up.

Some of the staff liked it because it was a longer shift. You could get your 40 hours in 4 shifts rather than 5.

14 hour days, 7 days a week, nets you an extra $200 for night shift?

Jesus. Good luck man, both choices are horrible.

Wow. Brutal schedule. Aside from extra $200 a week from working nights, I would think you'd also get more tips from customers. You're a bus station glory hole technician, right?

I'm gonna be honest. I wouldn't do 14 hours a day, even 5 days a week day shift. So I would have already quit even without the night shift. If, under any circumstance, I were going to work 14 hours a day 7 days a week it would only be because in 6 months I knew I could retire. So, you're very committed and I commend you for that but damn I couldn't work those hours.

I'm gonna be honest. I wouldn't do 14 hours a day, even 5 days a week day shift. So I would have already quit even without the night shift. If, under any circumstance, I were going to work 14 hours a day 7 days a week it would only be because in 6 months I knew I could retire. So, you're very committed and I commend you for that but damn I couldn't work those hours.

It's just the business. I didn't have to take this job, and it's only for 30 to 60 days. These jobs are good for an extra boost in income for the year. Some guys never work these jobs and just stick to 40. I usually try to work OT when I can.

It is union work. 1 guy digging. 4 guys watching. :lol:

It is union work. 1 guy digging. 4 guys watching. :lol:

Oh. Where do I sign up:. :unsure:

I think you should take it. A buddy of mine got the night shift. He ended up running a side business as basically a quote manager 4 prostitutes right out of his place of employment. And nobody cared! He had this crazy partner who did most of the work and he got all the money and girls got work and hilarity ensued. Pretty much everybody won. So yeah, I guess I'm saying go ahead. Take the Night Shift.

No sunlight? Fock that. Id be depressed by the end of the week.

The worst part of night shift, imo, is driving home exhausted right after dawn. It just doesn't feel right.

Working nights is eventually bad for you. Circadian rhythms are jacked and more susceptible to cancer, etc.

But the Cirdanians only come out what, every seven years?

The worst part of night shift, imo, is driving home exhausted right after dawn. It just doesn't feel right.

Came God damn close to dying because the cab driver fell asleep on the way home from the airport one time in Ohio. look, I took a cab so I can close my eyes not you you sleepy Somalian motherfuker.

Retarded that we track truck drivers but not cab drivers.

Worked at the Winn Dixie cold storage warehouse that shipped all the frozen foods. Night shift from 11-8. The worst job I ever had.

7 days a week

14×7? You work 98 hours a week at 1 job? I once worked 2 jobs 7 days x 10 hours a day for about 3 years and thought that was nuts.

Are you trying to retire at age 40 or simply have personal reasons? Sometimes you gotta do what it takes. That's cool. If $800 take home a month helps you in the long run, I don't see how it matters what shift you take since you are working that much anyway.

Worked at the Winn Dixie cold storage warehouse that shipped all the frozen foods. Night shift from 11-8. The worst job I ever had.

Did this exact job for a few months during college, focking miserable. Can confirm.

14×7? You work 98 hours a week at 1 job? I once worked 2 jobs 7 days x 10 hours a day for about 3 years and thought that was nuts.

Are you trying to retire at age 40 or simply have personal reasons? Sometimes you gotta do what it takes. That's cool. If $800 take home a month helps you in the long run, I don't see how it matters what shift you take since you are working that much anyway.

It's just temporary. I should make over 50k in 2 months, which will allow me to take some time off

Lol ok

Whats so hard to believe? The math checks out. If he is working 98 hours a week and making 35/hr and Im sure he is. Thats around 3.5k without even factoring in overtime and he likely has a higher pay rate.

Whats so hard to believe? The math checks out. If he is working 98 hours a week and making 35/hr and Im sure he is. Thats around 3.5k without even factoring in overtime and he likely has a higher pay rate.

98! Holy moly

I really hate night shift. The last time I did it I almost fell asleep and crashed my car on the highway. I'm being offered the option of taking it. The extra pay comes out to 200 more per week take home. To me it doesn't seem worth it. What's would you do?

Pulled night shift for a while when I worked on the cancer ward. Preferred it. No leadership was there (biggest pain in the asses), no appointments you have to wheel the patients down to, patients all slept (mostly), no one walking around at night, no procedures, could watch movies at work, and we could go out and grab food off base. Only thing that sucked was having commanders calls during the day I HAD to attend. Which would be middle of the night for me. Had whataburger in Texas so I could get a burger and fries at 7am. Didnt want breakfast food half the time. It was essentially peaceful

I think you should take it. A buddy of mine got the night shift. He ended up running a side business as basically a quote manager 4 prostitutes right out of his place of employment. And nobody cared! He had this crazy partner who did most of the work and he got all the money and girls got work and hilarity ensued. Pretty much everybody won. So yeah, I guess I'm saying go ahead. Take the Night Shift.

And post your pimp stories to entertain us. :banana:

It's just temporary. I should make over 50k in 2 months, which will allow me to take some time off

Dude. I thought the 14x7 sounded brutal. Now its the night shift on top of that? Wow.

You have a wife and kids right? If I was you I wouldnt take it. It was great when I was single. Wife does it and its fine. But with kids Id say hell no