Sign in to follow this  
rallo

Worst actors of all time.

Any discussion on the worst actors EVAH must begin and end with Nicolas Cage.

You're welcome.

He is awful in most of his movies but is great in Raising Arizona and the double role in Adaptation.

The southern accent he tries to pull off in Con Air is laughable.

Any discussion on the worst actors EVAH must begin and end with Nicolas Cage.

You're welcome.

This is a guy that can make a good movie bad. There have been several movies of his that I would have seen if it had starred someone besides him. When I think of him I picture that scene in the car thief movie (I never saw the movie but they always show the clip in the commercial) where he spazzes out behind the wheel. It is like he was air drumming or something before he steals the car. I can not think of an actor that I like less. I just hope his son Kal-el :ninja: doesn't go into acting.

oh of all time? i'd have to give that nod to the uber-overrated jimmy stewart. "well, golly, gee, golly, shucks!"

oh of all time? i'd have to give that nod to the uber-overrated jimmy stewart. "well, golly, gee, golly, shucks!"

Jimmy Stewart was a great actor and a great American.

Kevin Costner is an absolutely terrible actor. His best performance was in The Big Chill.

I'm surprised no one mentioned old Hooo-hahhh! yet. great career in the 70s, complete trainwreck in the 90s and beyond.

Travolta can either the WORST or one of da best. His performances vary alot :banana:

worst Actor - Tom Cruise - simply not really good. shows how far looks get ya :ninja:

omigod this thread has gone so wrong

ed norton is acting god. even keeping the faith which i thought was cute for what it was. i mean if you were looking for a dopey squishy movie.

and harrison ford was a carpenter and the tom clancy movies notwithstanding, he is decent.

and the only name in this thread should be pretty much everyone in the movie clerks - which only goes to show that it really doesnt matter because that movie was friggin hilarious.

so there.

omigod this thread has gone so wrong

ed norton is acting god. even keeping the faith which i thought was cute for what it was. i mean if you were looking for a dopey squishy movie.

and harrison ford was a carpenter and the tom clancy movies notwithstanding, he is decent.

and the only name in this thread should be pretty much everyone in the movie clerks - which only goes to show that it really doesnt matter because that movie was friggin hilarious.

so there.

In Ingrish, prease?

Travolta,you got to kidding me.

He played 3 of the biggest studs in movie history.

Bud Davis in Urban Cowboy

Danny Zuko in Greese

Tony Manero in the Saturday Night Fever

Travolta,you got to kidding me.

He played 3 of the biggest studs in movie history.

Bud Davis in Urban Cowboy

Danny Zuko in Greese

Tony Manero in the Saturday Night Fever

3 of the most overrated movies ever

For women: Jennifer Love Hewitt and Heather Graham. :banana:

Their inability to act is more than made up for by their outstanding racks.

:ninja:

Paul Riser - from Diner (great movie) in '82 to Marrying Man through TV series, he has played the exact same character for over 20 years. Just Awful!!!

Keanu has to be the worst!

Paul Riser - from Diner (great movie) in '82 to Marrying Man through TV series, he has played the exact same character for over 20 years. Just Awful!!!

Keanu has to be the worst!

keanu is bad, but at least he gets good roles.

The matrix, constantine, speed.

i still the brendan fraser has him trumped... i mean he sucks AND he's in horrible movies...

when he gets older he'll be Tommy lee jones (another awful fock)

I'll NEVER understand why Julia Roberts is so famous. Ugly b*tch.

because with that big of a mouth she'd give one hell of a BJ :doublethumbsup:

I nominate Harrison Ford. Luckiest actor alive.

He has been in a ton of high grossing movies, but simpy has one emotion: scowl. He can't act, speak, hell...I don't think his blinking is believable. Most boring actor alive.

Honorable mention: Will Smith.

I was going to mention Ford, but I enjoy Will Smith. I don't know another actor who seems to have as much fun at his craft.

Also Keanu.

I've never been a huge Nic Cage fan, but I'm told I look like him a little, so I won't comment.

I was going to mention Ford, but I enjoy Will Smith. I don't know another actor who seems to have as much fun at his craft.

Also Keanu.

I've never been a huge Nic Cage fan, but I'm told I look like him a little, so I won't comment.

so you have goofy teeth and a long crooked nose

so you have goofy teeth and a long crooked nose

Not exactly. Teeth are straight. Nose is long and generally shaped like his but not crooked. Otherwise I am a dead ringer. :first:

He is awful in most of his movies but is great in Raising Arizona and the double role in Adaptation.

The southern accent he tries to pull off in Con Air is laughable.

While Cage has been in his fair-share of craptastic movies, he's actually an actor that I think has proven that he can be very good (and surprisingly so) in the right role.

You mentioned Raising Arizona and Adaptation--both of which he is very good in (particularly in the latter film). However, he's also good in Leaving Las Vegas, Bringing Out the Dead, Matchstick Men, Lord of War, and The Weather Man. I don't think that all of those are good movies per se (i.e. I thought both Matchstick Men and The Weather Man were a bit meandering), but Cage's performance is excellent nontheless.

Also, as far as Keanu Reeves goes, he's a pretty bad actor. However, he's absolutely hysterical in Thumbsucker as an experimental, new-age dentist--a role in which he (maybe even to a satirical degree) essentially plays himself (albeit with the addition of dentistry tools).

Along with others mentioned, I nominate Kevin Kline

You mean Academy Award-winning Kevin Kline of A Fish Called Wanda, Silverado, The Big Chill etc.? :banana:

You're just jealous because he's married to Phoebe Cates!!! :banana:

What about Cindy Crawford. Not that she is an actress. She made one attempt and flopped. Also, any Baldwin brother. Focking losers.

Also Keanu.

God that Nic Cage guy is an ugly bastard!!!! :banana: ...kidding!

God that Nic Cage guy is an ugly bastard!!!! ;) ...kidding!

Phew... 'cause I was thinking of asking you out. :wub:

I am 40 so most of you won't get this but the all time WORST actor is Michael Pare' of Eddie and The Cruisers. He played Eddie and he was horrible. He also played Sandra Bullock's husband in some sappy story where she falls in love with Harry Connick Jr.

My Gawd, you guys are seriously naming some of the best actors today, who do you guys think are GOOD actors??? I must admit though, Tom Cruise is about right, he has some good movies, great moments, but, he is sliding and he is an a-hat. Still ,Cruise was great is some movies, a "Few good men" he was awesome. He DEFFIENTLY isn't among the worst actors around, maybe is the most arrogant, idiotic actor.

I am 40 so most of you won't get this but the all time WORST actor is Michael Pare' of Eddie and The Cruisers. He played Eddie and he was horrible. He also played Sandra Bullock's husband in some sappy story where she falls in love with Harry Connick Jr.

I hate to admit this but Eddie and the cruisers I and II are two of my faorite bad movies I can't turn them off if iI find them on the tube. :(

1. Costner

2. Chuck Norris

3. Will Smith

4. Chris Tucker

5. Paris Hilton

these people arent considers actors in my view. they suk horrible bad..

Patrick Swayze

Sam Elliott

Ben Gazarra

Kelly Lynch

Annoying waitress

Fat goon with the CAT hat

Goon with shades who loses throat

Greasy goon whose nose starts to bleed before he gets punched

Big-boobed mob bosses girlfriend

Regular Saturday night thing guy

Jeff Healey

:banana:

My Gawd, you guys are seriously naming some of the best actors today, who do you guys think are GOOD actors??? I must admit though, Tom Cruise is about right, he has some good movies, great moments, but, he is sliding and he is an a-hat. Still ,Cruise was great is some movies, a "Few good men" he was awesome. He DEFFIENTLY isn't among the worst actors around, maybe is the most arrogant, idiotic actor.

Same here. I love the movies but the guy who plays Eddie blows.

Also, what is with the Will Smith hate?? I think he is among the best black actors out there(and overall actors), he is also a great role model and do a lot of things for charity and crap, IMO, one of the better people in Hollywood. He also isn't arrogant and phony and moronic, very down to earth and cool.

I don't think i watch enough movies, but i think ya'll nuts with some people you are naming. I really just watch movies, i don't get into interpreting the plot and how the actors filled their roles and junk, i just watch it for pure entertainment which i why i like bigtime action films that maybe don't have a good plot or acting like War of the Worlds(though, i am really hating Tom Cruise now, but, i thought he did OK in that film, though most people said he did awful) and mainly the first half of the movie, the second half was kinda confusing.

However, i am not really interested in MI III, i just think it will be jut an OK movie. However, the Di Vinci code will be freakin awesome, i wanted to read that book actually(that is right, READ a BOOK!!! Because, i kept hearing how great of a book it was) i found out what the story actually, sounds REALLY good. Having TOM HANKS in it should add to the greatness.

You mean Academy Award-winning Kevin Kline of A Fish Called Wanda, Silverado, The Big Chill etc.? :huh:

You're just jealous because he's married to Phoebe Cates!!! :wub:

Man she is still smoking hot isn't she. 43 years old :(

Did anyone mention Sylvester Stallone yet? Sure Rocky and Rambo were good movies but they weren't exactly dialogue driven. The guy can barely string together a sentence and has the charisma or a brick.

Honorable mentions go to Arnold Schwarzenegger and Keanu Reeves.

How have we gotten this far without mention of The Muscles from Brussels, Jean-Claude Van Damm? Every movie has sucked, and he has been terrible in all of them. The only argument in his favor is the Van Damm Value Factor. Attend any J-CVD movie with two friends. Throughout the movie, each calls out what he thinks J-CVD said in his last line of dialogue. It's like seeing three movies at once.

Even those of you who hate, for whatever reason, Ford, Smith, Stallone, Kline, Costner, etc, have to admit that they have never come remotely close to matching the sheer futility and tragedy of this guy on a movie screen.

How have we gotten this far without mention of The Muscles from Brussels, Jean-Claude Van Damm? Every movie has sucked, and he has been terrible in all of them. The only argument in his favor is the Van Damm Value Factor. Attend any J-CVD movie with two friends. Throughout the movie, each calls out what he thinks J-CVD said in his last line of dialogue. It's like seeing three movies at once.

Universal Solider was a good movie. :cry:

Keanu Reeves is legendary.

He is the worst. Cruise gets high marks for the line" Your a lousy softball player, Jack" during a tense moment in A FEW GOOD MEN. Jim Carrey used to be funny...at this juncture he is the most unfunny person alive