Sign in to follow this  
Ellen Degeneres

Has anyone heard anything about this rumor?

There's a rumor traveling around a couple of sites that Dallas Cowboys tight end Jason Witten was filming a commercial on a lake for some auto dealership and when the filming was done, he was on the boat drinking with the dealership owner and speeding on the lake.

The boat they were driving hit and killed a bass fisherman. They took off from the scene and sank the boat but it has since been recovered by the police.

There's a rumor traveling around a couple of sites that Dallas Cowboys tight end Jason Witten was filming a commercial on a lake for some auto dealership and when the filming was done, he was on the boat drinking with the dealership owner and speeding on the lake.

The boat they were driving hit and killed a bass fisherman. They took off from the scene and sank the boat but it has since been recovered by the police.

I hope not. I have him as my TE in a dynasty league :P

Haven't heard this, but you would think that athletes would start using their heads in situations like these especially what recently happened to Roethlisberger.

Haven't heard this, but you would think that athletes would start using their heads in situations like these especially what recently happened to Roethlisberger.

And the Minnesota Vikings

I did many stupid things when i was in my twenties. None of them involved dead fishermen, mind you, but many included unsafe uses of motor vehicles and wild women.

And I was a poor SOB. Hard telling what trouble I'd have gotten into if I was a multi-millionaire.

The boat they were driving hit and killed Daniel Snyder. They took off from the scene and sank the boat but it has since been recovered by the police.

I don't see the problem

I don't see the problem

The problem is clear as day. On the boat, alone with another man??? Duh, he's obviously ghay! :thumbsup:

there is absolutely no mention of that here locally - sounds like it's just what you describe, a rumor.

there is absolutely no mention of that here locally - sounds like it's just what you describe, a rumor.

And it will remain a rumor right up to the point that Witten loses half a step.

During training camp, the bass fisherman shows up in a rain poncho and a giant fish hook for an arm. Jason Witten gets gutted. Terrell Owens dances. Bill Parcells gets naked. It's a real horror show.

I Know What You Did Last Summer 3

Has anyone heard anything about this rumor?

This is the first anyone has heard of it. What a coincidence.

Bill Parcells gets naked.

You must be ghay to even have that thought in your head.

You must be ghay to even have that thought in your head.

It's supposed to be a scary movie. Besides, someone always gets naked in a horror movie, and Bill has bigger boobs than most women.

You know....maybe I do sound gay. :banana:

They actually killed a bass while fishing.

- not quite as dramatic.

....unless you're a bass.

It's not a rumor.

Your a dooshbag.

:huh:

if its true I wonder which genius decided to sink the boat.

I did many stupid things when i was in my twenties. None of them involved dead fishermen, mind you, but many included unsafe uses of motor vehicles and wild women.

And I was a poor SOB. Hard telling what trouble I'd have gotten into if I was a multi-millionaire.

I took the lid right off of dumba$$ when I was young. I am very thankful that I didn't kill anybody with a car.

I belive they killed several Bass while fishing, then switched over to Heinekin.

he killed lance bass and kevin bass...

film at 11 :ninja:

update

Witten and Grindstaff have been cleared. They just announced it on WJHL 11 on the late news. The Sherriffs Department and the TWRA impounded 6 boats that were known to be on the water that night. Theirs just happened to be one of them. They said they have cleared Witten 100% They just had to check all of them. Witten says he is preparing a statement with Jerry Jones to be released tomorrow concerning the incident.

update

Witten and Grindstaff have been cleared. They just announced it on WJHL 11 on the late news. The Sherriffs Department and the TWRA impounded 6 boats that were known to be on the water that night. Theirs just happened to be one of them. They said they have cleared Witten 100% They just had to check all of them. Witten says he is preparing a statement with Jerry Jones to be released tomorrow concerning the incident.

is that considered a Witten statement?

B) im no redtodd..sorry :sleep:

Cowboys TE Witten denies involvement in tragic boating accident

Wes Holtsclaw

6/22/2006

Jason Witten wants his name cleared.

Rumors were rampant throughout the Tri-Cities area Tuesday evening and Wednesday afternoon about the involvement of the Elizabethton native and Dallas Cowboys tight end, Witten, and a fatal boating accident that occurred on Boone Lake early Sunday morning.

Witten immediately wanted to set the record straight about rumors of his involvement in the incident, along with that of a prominent local businessman.

The two-time NFL Pro Bowler told WJHL Newschannel 11 Wednesday evening that "neither were on a boat Sunday morning and had no involvement in the accident, and he wants his name cleared."

According to WJHL, Dallas owner Jerry Jones and Witten will be issuing a statement today, calling the rumor "a hoax that has gotten out of hand."

State authorities with the Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency noted in a statement that they have identified a vessel and its operator.

Tests are currently being performed on the vessel to confirm its involvement in Sunday morning's accident on Boone Lake which killed Wayne Allen Cross, 63, of Bristol and injured James Clark, 53.

The pair were on a pontoon boat early Sunday morning between 12 a.m. and 1 a.m. when a blue and white ski-type boat collided with the vessel. No arrests were made Wednesday.

The lack of official statement caused the rumor, which also included other parties, including teammates of Witten, to escalate and run rampant among many throughout the Tri-Cities.

The TWRA is still gathering information for a report, which will be reviewed by the Sullivan County District Attourney before any names are released or charges filed.

The Agency made it clear that anyone, in the area between Cancun on Boone and Davis Dock between 12 a.m. and 1 a.m., that saw a pontoon boat with green bontoons and a green canopy with two males aboard, or a blue and white ski type boat to please call the hotline at 1-800-831-1174 between 7 a.m. and midnight daily.

Witten is in town spending time with his family after conducting his fourth annual football camp last Saturday at Brown-Childress Stadium.

The businessman involved in the rumor is one of the title sponsors of Witten's camp.

The footballer will enter his fourth season in the National Football League this fall, and is expected to sign a new contract prior to the start of the Cowboys' regular season.

Witten ranked in the NFL's top five in catching percentage, while ranking behind only San Diego's Antionio Gates in production at the tight end position in their first three seasons in the league.

http://fflivewire.com/Article.asp?ID=xvp69vqx1097u

During training camp, the bass fisherman shows up in a rain poncho and a giant fish hook for an arm. Jason Witten gets gutted. Terrell Owens dances. Bill Parcells gets naked. It's a real horror show.

I Know What You Did Last Summer 3

:banana:

Funny....except the naked Parcells part...... :banana:

On 6/22/2006 at 12:21 PM, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

I hope not. I have him as my TE in a dynasty league :P

Still playing him every week?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

Still playing him every week?

I almost picked him up earlier in the year after dealing with Hunter Henry's injury.

• Like 1

is Alex Guerrero his strength trainer?

Naught Guilty :dunno:

I can confirm, the story is true......................................and the fisherman killed was Jeffrey Epstein.

• Haha 1