Sign in to follow this  
NorthernVike

H1N1 Vaccine

Personally I'm going to pass on the shot. Don't trust the sh1t with the speed they tried to push it through. Also on the news last night they said that the virus was mutating and it may not help. I predict that it will kill more people than it will save.

What say you?

Also, are you going to let your kids get the shot?

I already got it and seem to have survived. Good luck with your plan.

I already got it and seem to have survived. Good luck with your plan.

How did you get it already?

Are you in one of the high risk groups?

How did you get it already?

Are you in one of the high risk groups?

I mis spoke. I got the seasonal flu shot already. But i'll get the H1N1 too.

I've been getting flu shots for the past few years.

I was reading something yesterday about this sh1t. How the senior citizens are LAST in line to get this. To think that they think we are so focking stupid to buy this bullsh1t. These psychos even said "Researchers believe seniors have a partial immunity to swine flu because of exposure to similar viruses in their lifetimes."

What a load of crap.

The writing is on the wall with this. We keep hearing how this health-care reform is not a war on seniors from the liberal media and the current administration. Yeah focking right. :rolleyes:

Being that the whole hog flu crap is just another fabricated illness invented by the pharmaceutical companies and some unethical doctors, I think that I'll pass on this one. :rolleyes:

I haven't gotten the actual flu since i was 8, i think i am good. If i get it, then i am sure everyone else will have it too.

Haven't had the flu in 2 decades, never get flu shots, BUT...now that I actually work in a hospital (respiratory therapist) I'm thinking the H1N1 vaccine is probably a good idea (assuming the hospital doesn't make it compulsory anyway).

Haven't had the flu in 2 decades, never get flu shots, BUT...now that I actually work in a hospital (respiratory therapist) I'm thinking the H1N1 vaccine is probably a good idea (assuming the hospital doesn't make it compulsory anyway).

Any real medical profesionals at work expressing concern over the shot? :(

Any real medical profesionals at work expressing concern over the shot? :(

Hasn't come up much yet, since the shot isn't available and flu season hasn't started.

PS: ask me how 'real' of a medical profesional(sic) I am when I'm operating your family member's ventilator. :blink:

Hasn't come up much yet, since the shot isn't available and flu season hasn't started.

PS: ask me how 'real' of a medical profesional(sic) I am when I'm operating your family member's ventilator. :(

Sorry man, that shot was directed at MedStudent rather than you but...you know what they say...two birds one stone :unsure:

no

I'm not planning on focking any pigs this year, so I don't think I'll need it.

Staying away from the standard Philly inner city swine, huh?

No, I won't be getting one for myself nor my kids.

I am. :shocking:

Hi, TNG. :unsure:

I should because I am down the bar all the time and god knows what those people are carrying..

but I probably wont

This is a really :overhead: thought altogether, but the chances of the strain of human, avian and swine flus that H1N1 is combined naturally is really slim. Ground zero was a U.S. operated pig farm in Mexico. There are people with money and influence that deeply believe in the cause of population reduction. It just seems really possible that it was engineered and released there. The tinfoil hat part is that the vaccine itself may be most unsafe. Unless this strain was supposed to mutate in a fair amount of time and be more deadly than it is, either this was a warm up run as far as releasing a pandemic or the vaccine isn't safe. Lean towards the former but would rather skip the vaccine.

This is a really :overhead: thought altogether, but the chances of the strain of human, avian and swine flus that H1N1 is combined naturally is really slim. Ground zero was a U.S. operated pig farm in Mexico. There are people with money and influence that deeply believe in the cause of population reduction. It just seems really possible that it was engineered and released there. The tinfoil hat part is that the vaccine itself may be most unsafe. Unless this strain was supposed to mutate in a fair amount of time and be more deadly than it is, either this was a warm up run as far as releasing a pandemic or the vaccine isn't safe. Lean towards the former but would rather skip the vaccine.

RUN TO THE HILLS !@#

or bike...

There is that :overhead:

Also, respond to your PM's here, would ya? :mad:

There is that :banana:

Also, respond to your PM's here, would ya? :banana:

Amd while your at it, remind jerryskids and Shonuff to check their's as well. :banana:

Only an idiot would get the H1N1 shot:

Doctors/Nurses/and Makers Of Vaccination Refuse To Take H1N1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4SmFxyust0

1) People is the 70's that took a very similar vaccine got sick and had neurological disorders, became paralyzed and some even died (more died from vaccine then from flu) 60 minutes video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDXam8AGbJ42) More people die from the common flu each year

3) this vaccine was rushed through the approval process without adequate testing - Baxter (one of the vaccine makers) shipped genetically engineered avain flu vaccines to 18 different countries - the only thing that stopped mass death was a Czech lab that first tested the vaccine on ferrets who all died. The WHO was notified and disaster was avoided. http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Health-...how/4230882.cms

4) thimerosal aka mercury is an ingredient in the vaccine and has been linked to autism

5) US law passed that vaccine makers cannot be sued for damages - http://www.ktradionetwork.com/2009/07/24/m...e-cant-be-sued/

I don't plan to get it. I ran into a middle school kid I know yesterday who said he had it, got it from his sister who is in HS where 148 kids have missed time because of it. He had a high fever for a day or two, sounded like... flu. I've had the flu maybe 3 times in the past 20 years, it sucks when you get it. But I don't expect to die from it. Also they are prioritizing infants and seniors here in AZ; even if I wanted it, I doubt I'd make the cut.

I'm not worried about dealing with flu symptoms (sucks, sure, but nothing that will kill me), more a matter of the risk of getting it and passing it on to that 94 year old congestive heart failure patient I'm treating...I generally prefer not to kill my patients.

Only an idiot would get the H1N1 shot:

Doctors/Nurses/and Makers Of Vaccination Refuse To Take H1N1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4SmFxyust0

1) People is the 70's that took a very similar vaccine got sick and had neurological disorders, became paralyzed and some even died (more died from vaccine then from flu) 60 minutes video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDXam8AGbJ42) More people die from the common flu each year

3) this vaccine was rushed through the approval process without adequate testing - Baxter (one of the vaccine makers) shipped genetically engineered avain flu vaccines to 18 different countries - the only thing that stopped mass death was a Czech lab that first tested the vaccine on ferrets who all died. The WHO was notified and disaster was avoided. http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Health-...how/4230882.cms

4) thimerosal aka mercury is an ingredient in the vaccine and has been linked to autism

5) US law passed that vaccine makers cannot be sued for damages - http://www.ktradionetwork.com/2009/07/24/m...e-cant-be-sued/

:thumbsup: BUSH! :overhead:

I wasn't given an option and was forced to get it three weeks ago for my prenatel check-up. I got sick for two days after that, but guess I was first on the list, so am safe if everyone starts dying from H1N1 like orginally forecasted 6 months ago.

I wasn't given an option and was forced to get it three weeks ago for my prenatel check-up. I got sick for two days after that, but guess I was first on the list, so am safe if everyone starts dying from H1N1 like orginally forecasted 6 months ago.

A few comments:

- I don't personally think that everyone is going to start dying. There was a large outbreak at a private HS here in Phoenix. A few sibs got it as a result. Nobody died to my knowledge.

- I'm mostly concerned that this will be a "crying wolf" situation again, and that people will ignore it when the real problem occurs.

- Congrats on the neonatal part. :music_guitarred:

I've never understood why anyone gets a flu shot aside from 80+ year olds.

The flu? A few days out of the year with a runny nose and a fever? What's the big deal??? I don't get it.

A few comments:

- I don't personally think that everyone is going to start dying. There was a large outbreak at a private HS here in Phoenix. A few sibs got it as a result. Nobody died to my knowledge.

- I'm mostly concerned that this will be a "crying wolf" situation again, and that people will ignore it when the real problem occurs.

- Congrats on the neonatal part. <_<

I think it is a load of crap and blown out of proportion to protect those who were/are aware of the outcome/worse case scenerio. Although, I get sick with the flu every year, so it would be my luck to be one of the fatal cases, so rather not argue.

Thanks! We are very excited. Think this is the first time I've came on here since right after our wedding, but yes we are expecting, I'm around 12 weeks. I'm bored and at home, so will check in a little more frequently.

I think it is a load of crap and blown out of proportion to protect those who were/are aware of the outcome/worse case scenerio. Although, I get sick with the flu every year, so it would be my luck to be one of the fatal cases, so rather not argue.

Thanks! We are very excited. Think this is the first time I've came on here since right after our wedding, but yes we are expecting, I'm around 12 weeks. I'm bored and at home, so will check in a little more frequently.

Congrats to you and FBT! (presuming he is the father) <_< I've got 3 rugrats and each one is an incredible joy in my life. Also please post pics of your mammaries as the pregnancy develops. :nono:

being a student at the hospital i am being forced to get it... at least it'll be free... i think??