Sign in to follow this  
phillybear

***Official LOST Season 6 thread***

Thanks for these writeups Philly. And I agree with you. It might have been fun to do a series wrapup/analysis/or whatever. But there is no point. Season 6 and the final episode just completely ignored the first 5 seasons, rendering them boring to watch and a general waste of time as a whole. Individually, sure there are good episodes, but the overall underlying concept that tied the whole thing together for 5 seasons was sh!t on.

So why analyze it.

You could write a shorter summary pointing out the things that were answered rather than the ones that weren't.

Cuse and Lindelof said they didn't want to be the Sopranos or Seinfeld, with their poor, unclear endings. Boy did they fail.

Come on, PB...do one more! :headbanger:

I think I burned out. Sitting down every Sunday and having to come up with a 9 page Word document and come up with some humor to go along with observations is a drag after the first couple of months. Ah, the pressure of being an author/journalist with a deadline. Good times, good times.

At least there was quite a bit of positive feedback, along with the naysayers. RicemanX did a nice job with putting them on the blogsite. And you helped to popularize them at that one site. I probably should have thanked some folks in that last article, but that would have been classy, and that's just not my style.

At work, they are trying to talk me into continuing, with Fringe articles.

worst ending for resale of the DVD's I have seen. I have no desire to re watch any episode now. I was going to buy the 6 season set - with that 30 min extended time thing for season 6 - hell no now.. To go 5 seasons 1 way and to end the show as if the first 5 seasons meant nothing , answer few questions and the ones that were ... pretty vague. No clue about the egyptian connection , if they showed the out rigger scene I don't remember it, This was a worse ending than the Saprano's - I enjoy re-watching that on occasion - Lost after the ending why bother. At first the ending didn't seem so bad -- upon re-watch I changed my mind. The Alt was one of the biggest all time writing fock up's ever. They should have spent 100% of the time on Island season 6 , come up with an ending that made sense and at least kept the first 5 seasons relevant , and answered most of the questions fans had. I was a huge fan of the show since midway thru season 2 - just sad the way they killed it.

I think I burned out.

Well, that's understandable, but if the mood hits you to do a one more...even a 1 pager to wrap it up, I'll be first in line to read it. :mellow:

I think some people ripped you on that site that I reposted them at, but the number of views speaks volumes to me...I think it was 3500+ last time I checked. Excellent job ^_^ Too bad season 6 was a beautifully wrapped P.O.S. though.

only took 54 pages and over 2K posts for this thread to finally won!

I think I burned out. Sitting down every Sunday and having to come up with a 9 page Word document and come up with some humor to go along with observations is a drag after the first couple of months. Ah, the pressure of being an author/journalist with a deadline. Good times, good times.

At least there was quite a bit of positive feedback, along with the naysayers. RicemanX did a nice job with putting them on the blogsite. And you helped to popularize them at that one site. I probably should have thanked some folks in that last article, but that would have been classy, and that's just not my style.

At work, they are trying to talk me into continuing, with Fringe articles.

The first season of Fringe was meh at best. It's too goofy and quirky. It has it's moments but I'd give it a 4 out of 10.

"A lot of people invested a lot of time and energy in following LOST over the years. I was one of those people. A lot of people were satisfied with the way the series ended. I was not one of those people."

The LOST Revised Project, a so-far anonymous fan boy initiative to erase all of the "Alt-Sideways" universe from the series' final season, has begun to do just that. Launched just this week, episodes 1 & 2 have already been posted to the site, with promises of an alt-reality episode 3 to follow soon.

In a lengthy explanatory blog post, the site's creator described the story arch of the sixth season (when it came to alt-sideways) as a cliched gimmick. "The entire conceit of the sideways world was to bring all of our heroes together again in the afterlife - one of the most cliched storytelling devices there is. Sure, there was a spin on it, but the whole idea that there is no now in the afterlife came across more as a cheat than a genuinely interesting twist."

http://lostrevised.tumblr.com/

One Last Glimpse of Lost

The season 6 DVD, out Aug. 24, offers an original, 12-minute vignette called ''The New Man in Charge,'' a tantalizing look at what Hurley (Jorge Garcia) and Ben (Michael Emerson, left) do as the new Island overseers. ''Ben is going around to Dharma installations and closing some down,'' Emerson says. ''There are some good surprises.'' And yes, ''it does answer questions.''

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD SOMEONE PLEASE KILL THIS FOCKING ABOMINATION OF A THREAD!

KILL IT WITH FIRE!!!! :lock:

:D

What a season! Wish I had been part of this 54 page disaster haha. :doublethumbsup:

You are now. :wave:

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD SOMEONE PLEASE KILL THIS FOCKING ABOMINATION OF A THREAD!

KILL IT WITH FIRE!!!! :lock:

Let the smoke monster get it.... :overhead:

meh

That is about my reaction.

Although it is cool to see Mr. Linus up to his shenanigans it does brings back the whole pissed off feeling. They could have easily spent a season just wrapping up little stuff like this and it would have probably been great.

worst ending for resale of the DVD's I have seen. I have no desire to re watch any episode now. I was going to buy the 6 season set - with that 30 min extended time thing for season 6 - hell no now.. To go 5 seasons 1 way and to end the show as if the first 5 seasons meant nothing , answer few questions and the ones that were ... pretty vague. No clue about the egyptian connection , if they showed the out rigger scene I don't remember it, This was a worse ending than the Saprano's - I enjoy re-watching that on occasion - Lost after the ending why bother. At first the ending didn't seem so bad -- upon re-watch I changed my mind. The Alt was one of the biggest all time writing fock up's ever. They should have spent 100% of the time on Island season 6 , come up with an ending that made sense and at least kept the first 5 seasons relevant , and answered most of the questions fans had. I was a huge fan of the show since midway thru season 2 - just sad the way they killed it.

Same here. I missed the series opener but they rebroadcast it before ep 1.2. I was hooked from then to the end. I kind of liked the end at the time but now am disappointed that if I watched the series again like I planned to do every ep would seem pointless knowing they would not answer many questions. The worst part for me is that the most interesting characters Ben, Locke and Richard had nothing to do with the ending. If those three never existed they would not have been missed. Jacob would just have had to look like someone else. Also the time travel eps that seemed key at the time meant nothing. I could go on but why bother? It was what it was I guess.

horehfohegiughe i couldn't watch the video before tonight, and sure enough, it has just been pulled. :mad:

you're not missing thaaat much.

you're not missing thaaat much.

:rolleyes: Yeah, all he missed is why babies couldn't be born on the island, the story behind the food drops, WALT!, why the polar bears were there, etc...

:rolleyes: Yeah, all he missed is why babies couldn't be born on the island, the story behind the food drops, WALT!, why the polar bears were there, etc...

anyone with half a brain knew why babies couldn't be born there and what the polar bears were for. walt is the only thing of any importance that he missed.

Got the S6 package for Christmas, re-watched the finale and saw the extra 12 minutes. Very interesting, and in Lost-like fashion, ends with a lot of ambiguity. They can seriously make a movie off of that.

Got the S6 package for Christmas, re-watched the finale and saw the extra 12 minutes. Very interesting, and in Lost-like fashion, ends with a lot of ambiguity. They can seriously make a movie off of that.

I bought Season 6 the week it came out. I still haven't taken the plastic wrap off it. I'll watch it eventually, when I'm not so pissed off at the finale. So, I've penciled it in for 2017.

I bought Season 6 the week it came out. I still haven't taken the plastic wrap off it. I'll watch it eventually, when I'm not so pissed off at the finale. So, I've penciled it in for 2017.

The finale? As I recall, every episode the entire season pissed you off. I'm surprised you bought season six at all.

Right now I'm working my way through Battlestar Gallactica Season three episode 13/20. I'm not sure what I'll watch after that, may do Lost again.

The finale? As I recall, every episode the entire season pissed you off. I'm surprised you bought season six at all.

Right now I'm working my way through Battlestar Gallactica Season three episode 13/20. I'm not sure what I'll watch after that, may do Lost again.

BSG was IMO very well done from day 1 and one of my all time favorites. Some of the later S2 eps were slow but it picked back up. I really liked the ending and feel they did a great job of wrapping it up. Great show. :thumbsup:

BSG was IMO very well done from day 1 and one of my all time favorites. Some of the later S2 eps were slow but it picked back up. I really liked the ending and feel they did a great job of wrapping it up. Great show. :thumbsup:

That show is on my list to watch, as most Lost fans recommend it.

The Wire was also recommended and that show was incredible.

Just watched the final season. If the last episode isn't monumentally disappointing to you, your name is probably J.J. Abrams, and you're a huge douche. :thumbsdown:

Just watched the final season. If the last episode isn't monumentally disappointing to you, your name is probably J.J. Abrams, and you're a huge douche. :thumbsdown:

Across the Sea which was two episodes before the finale, I think, is where the whole thing officially went to hell. When the magic waterslide appeared for the first time and farted out the smoke monster.

P.S. JJ Abrams had nothing to do with this mess. He left the show in Season 2 or 3, I believe, and was only acting as a consultant. You can thank Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse for the mess you experienced.

It still baffles me that people dont get the ending of the show.......

Watch effing Jersey Shore or friggin Friends if you want something mindless you dont have to think about.....

Great show.....

Don't mistake antipathy for confusion.

Watch effing Jersey Shore or friggin Friends if you want something mindless you dont have to think about.....

Great show.....

What was there to get? That everyone dies and goes to heaven sometime and they made a magical place for them to all meet in heaven? What does that have to do with any of the mythology or plotlines that were introduced and never explained? It could be the ending to any show. Last episode of Friends.... jump 40 years to a scene from heaven where they all meet up and live happily ever after together. It was the cheapest, easiest, most mindless, poorly thought out ending they could have come up with. If "getting it" was having a touchy feely make you cry because they all love each other so much and they will be together in heaven for ever oh how sweet I feel so good now and humanity is wonderful ending.... no... I didn't "get it". I mainly wanted to break my TV.

Re-watch Season 5 and keep Season 6 in mind and tell me how the show made any focking sense at all. The entire Season 5 plot is bogus. Did the bomb go off? If it did, what was the result? What was the entire point of Season 5 and it's entire storyline at all? They couldn't even finish a story they started telling one season before. Kinda shows what hacks these guys were and they were just piling on BS on top of BS to get people to keep watching and took the cheap way out at the end and had the balls to say the mythology, hence the entire foundation of the show, didn't really matter it was all about the characters. Sorry. I can't eat that turd sandwich.

What was there to get? That everyone dies and goes to heaven sometime and they made a magical place for them to all meet in heaven? What does that have to do with any of the mythology or plotlines that were introduced and never explained? It could be the ending to any show. Last episode of Friends.... jump 40 years to a scene from heaven where they all meet up and live happily ever after together. It was the cheapest, easiest, most mindless, poorly thought out ending they could have come up with. If "getting it" was having a touchy feely make you cry because they all love each other so much and they will be together in heaven for ever oh how sweet I feel so good now and humanity is wonderful ending.... no... I didn't "get it". I mainly wanted to break my TV.

Re-watch Season 5 and keep Season 6 in mind and tell me how the show made any focking sense at all. The entire Season 5 plot is bogus. Did the bomb go off? If it did, what was the result? What was the entire point of Season 5 and it's entire storyline at all? They couldn't even finish a story they started telling one season before. Kinda shows what hacks these guys were and they were just piling on BS on top of BS to get people to keep watching and took the cheap way out at the end and had the balls to say the mythology, hence the entire foundation of the show, didn't really matter it was all about the characters. Sorry. I can't eat that turd sandwich.

It did make sense. The bomb went off....and later the "tell the future asian guy" told Sawyer that his girlfriend had a message for him....that "it worked". That they were together in the end.

I guesss im curious what you were looking for in the ending?