Sign in to follow this  
FlaHawker

It's an EXCITING Time to be a Seahawks Fan

It is definitely an exciting time to own the Seattle Seahawks DST!!!

It is definitely an exciting time to own the Seattle Seahawks DST!!!

Nothing worse than a phony :thumbsdown:

The focking Lions showing signs of a pulse!! Oh well, two more weeks...

Joey, same situation as last year. Do we sacrifice draft positon for the playoffs? Honestly, the team is mooing in the right direction but in the end TJax will hold this team back.

Joey, same situation as last year. Do we sacrifice draft positon for the playoffs? Honestly, the team is mooing in the right direction but in the end TJax will hold this team back.

Jackson has really surprised me with his play. We knew about his athleticism, but the guy is tough. I give a ton of credit to the coaching staff for helping him succeed and would love to see him stick around as a bridge and long-term backup.

We need to draft a guy. Unlike last year, I think we are a playoff worthy team, so I'll be rooting for us to make it. Schneider can just deal with the draft when it comes. Hopefully we trade up to grab the prospect they like the most.

Good write up on Hawks rookies

Pretty damn good for a draft class that was widely panned by the "experts". If they were actual experts they would have a job in the NFL.

Extremely good drafting by Schneider/Carroll in their first 2 seasons. If they can nail down the QB position I'll be one happy Seahawks fan. :banana:

Good write up on Hawks rookies

Pretty damn good for a draft class that was widely panned by the "experts". If they were actual experts they would have a job in the NFL.

Extremely good drafting by Schneider/Carroll in their first 2 seasons. If they can nail down the QB position I'll be one happy Seahawks fan. :banana:

I scanned the article briefly. First of all, this year's draft class still stinks, especially those two overmatched stiffs on the offensive line. Once they went down with injuries, Lynch became the best running back in the league. Next, I thought the front office did a nice job in free agent undrafted pickups, and free agency, which is where a bunch of those good players came from. I was on board with those. And they didn't draft any defensive lineman, a huge mistake, the only thing keeping this defense from being among the best in the league right now. This year's draft still sucks until proven otherwise. The article is written by a jackass. God, I'm grumpy today.

I think Red Bryant deserves some love for defensive player of the year. I have to say I think he is giving Ngata a run for his money for best defensive lineman in the league. He is a beast every play, hell even on kicks, he has what 3 blocked kicks? From the internal part of line on field goals, thats insane you rarely see that nowadays.

I like Moffitt quite a bit myself and Carpenter was improving, but Cable has a done a good job with the O-line, I hope we can keep Cable for one more year, already rumors he might be in line for one of the head coaching jobs at end of season. Personally I dont see it, he just can't run an offense, but man can he coach up an O-line.

The annual ESPN mock draft has started....before the season even ended and the first round was set, has to be a new record? The goof McShay has us drafting Landry Jones the kid from Oklahoma. God I hope not he looked terrible to me, but I know ###### about the QB position, I still miss Krieg so maybe he knows something I dont. Personally I find the comments he's tall and can throw the football to not be enough but hey that may just be a disgruntled fan that has been burned too many times.

Flynn?

Trade a ransom for Luck?

Looks like yet another week where we are unable to pull out a close game. Can't put it all on Tavaris, but he had Lockette WIDE open on that last drive. If he doesn't overthrow it it's a TD.

Seahawks draft out of the #11 slot in the upcoming draft. I kind of wanted to lose today for the earlier pick.

Seahawks draft out of the #11 slot in the upcoming draft. I kind of wanted to lose today for the earlier pick.

Any quarterbacks you like that could available there?

Any quarterbacks you like that could available there?

I remain true to the philosophy of best player available.

It's too soon to project. We don't even know who is declaring or going back; to cite an example, Barkley went back to USC. Everybody loves Andrew Luck and Robert Griffin. I don't see Carroll-Schneider being guys that would trade up in the 1st round anyway. They are very much in love with trading back for extra picks. And they are actually pretty decent in getting players in the 4th round or later. At #11, I don't think there would be value in taking a QB at that spot, as Luck and Griffin will both be gone. I'd go for best defensive lineman available and not force the pick.

If we don't draft a QB this year. Or, have an ex GreenBay employee, sign a currant GreenBay QB who will be available soon. (The names have been withheld to protect the innocent.)

Should we run with the Carroll wants Barkley theory?

sign flynn and use your draft picks elsewhere.

This is the route I would go.

Let Trufant,Whitehurst, and Hill walk.

Resign Forsette,Robinson,Lynch and Bryant.

Bring in Flynn as the big FA, future QB signing.

Then use the draft to bolster the D even younger/further.

DE,CB,LB

This is the route I would go.

Let Trufant,Whitehurst, and Hill walk.

Resign Forsette,Robinson,Lynch and Bryant.

Bring in Flynn as the big FA, future QB signing.

Then use the draft to bolster the D even younger/further.

DE,CB,LB

I'm 50/50 on whether Trufant stays or goes, but his age probably means he goes. I actually thought he would be cut last off season. Cut Whitehurt. I think Leroy Hill can be resigned at a bargain incentive laded contract, so I would definitely keep him. I think he played pretty well this year.

Sure, resign Lynch, Robinson, Bryant. Forsette is iffy. He just didn't do much this year. If you can get him cheap, fine. But there probably needs to be another RB drafted this year for competition and giving Lynch a breather.

Need more players on the defensive front 7, I'm not a fan of Carpenter or Moffit, so you have to consider the offensive line, and playmakers on offense would help. You have Lynch and Rice, and a bunch of mediocre guys. If the offensive line would get better, maybe that would allow Zack Miller to run some patterns.

I'm 50/50 on whether Trufant stays or goes, but his age probably means he goes. I actually thought he would be cut last off season. Cut Whitehurt. I think Leroy Hill can be resigned at a bargain incentive laded contract, so I would definitely keep him. I think he played pretty well this year.

Sure, resign Lynch, Robinson, Bryant. Forsette is iffy. He just didn't do much this year. If you can get him cheap, fine. But there probably needs to be another RB drafted this year for competition and giving Lynch a breather.

Need more players on the defensive front 7, I'm not a fan of Carpenter or Moffit, so you have to consider the offensive line, and playmakers on offense would help. You have Lynch and Rice, and a bunch of mediocre guys. If the offensive line would get better, maybe that would allow Zack Miller to run some patterns.

I want to see Cable have a whole offseason/camp with the o-line before I chime in on those kids.

Meh, let Trufant walk. With his chronically hurt back he's probably close to the end anyways. Our starters are set, let Thurmond and Maxwell fight it out for the nickel job, Lewis or a rookie for depth. With Earl around we'll never have a need for a big time shutdown corner. Keep the secondary stocked with size and upgrade the pass rush.

Hill and Forsett will probably be cheap. I'd like to see Hill stick around, he played surprisingly well this year.

Lynch is in his late 20's and doesn't have that homerun gear, so he could be resigned fairly inexpensively.

Red Bryant should be priority number 1.

Does Flynn fit the offense? Schneider was there when he was drafted, and we scored big the last time we traded for a Packer backup QB. Is he mobile enough for what the team wants to do on offense?

The baby right side O-linemen were a mixed bag, but both (Carpenter especially) were really making progress before the injuries. I credit Cable for how well the backups came in and played. If the o-line solidifies then Miller gets freed up and our new QB has another target.

Loved Lockette as a deep-threat late in the year. We scored big on FA receivers. If Rice can stay healthy (HUGE if) and with Miller not having to block so much, then I'm loving our depth. Obo played terrible Sunday, he needs to stay on special teams.

Sh!t. I think Hawthorne is a FA too. I'd be panicky at losing him.

I hope we can keep Hawthorne, but I'd have faith in Wright if we lost him.

You guys were right. The heater's a FA too. I missed that one. I think he becomes a priority along with Bryant for the defense.

Nothing new here:

The Tacoma News Tribune does not expect the Seahawks to re-sign impending free agent Charlie Whitehurst.

"Check-down Charlie" attempted just 56 passes in 2011. He was so ineffective in his second of two starts that Whitehurst was pulled after only seven throws in favor of Tarvaris Jackson, who was dealing with a debilitating pectoral injury. Whitehurst should draw interest as a low-end backup on the open market.

REALLY Rotoworld? He might end up in camp with somebody, but I doubt he'll end up on a roster.

I remember when Seattle fans frequented this site

I've been eating too much Xanax to deal with a message bored today.

Please... Seahawk fans have been like church mice here, in fact they're about as quiet as a mouse pissing on a cotton ball.

Couple big wins and the swagger is back. Nice.

Best thing that happened to the bored is that those blathering idiots shut the hell up. Now the freakin' Blair Walsh Project has allowed the d-bags a chance to come back out of the woodwork. :doh:

You poor fellows are still trying to talk smack against us even when the guy's you regularly babbled with aren't even here anymore?

Comedy. Haters still hate and live on a message board.

Enjoy the playoff's!

:first:

I still don't buy the Carolina hype. I much rather be playing them this week instead of Arizona.

You poor fellows are still trying to talk smack against us even when the guy's you regularly babbled with aren't even here anymore?

Comedy. Haters still hate and live on a message board.

Enjoy the playoff's!

:first:

You guys get deemed a bad bunch of apples because of a couple of rotten ones. Not all of you are all that bad.

You guys get deemed a bad bunch of apples because of a couple of rotten ones. Not all of you are all that bad.

;) Thanks, I think. haha

I still don't buy the Carolina hype. I much rather be playing them this week instead of Arizona.

I think Carolina IS for real. I think the winner of this game is in the SB personally.

Arizona would give us tons of home fans too.

Not my favorite matchup and I'm nervous over this game personally. We can't stop TE's and they have the best one left in the NFC.

Also, we might get Beveled again. It almost happened against Minn as we played down to the elements and had a conservative game plan again.

We need a masterful plan and execution or we will lose. Carolina is very scary I think. But, so are we so we'll see. Should be a great game.

How about now??? Now is it an exciting time to be a Ducks fan?