Sign in to follow this  
kutulu

Game of Thrones (no spoilers)

Very true...

Once Khaleesi wasn't just a nobody anymore, she too demanded no more boobie shots, so they used a double for her too

Game of Thrones: Lena Headey's nude Walk of Shame body double speaks out

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/06/18/game-thrones-lena-headey-nude-double-van-cleave

The body double who performed Game of Thrones’ Walk of Shame nude for three days is breaking her silence on enacting the stunning sequence.

Actress Rebecca Van Cleave (photo below) worked closely with star Lena Headey on the gripping penance walk in Sunday’s season 5 finale. While filming the Walk in Dubrovnik last October, Van Cleave performed nude while Headey wore a simple beige shift. The show’s visual effects team then merged the performances together—combining Headey’s progression of facial emotions during Cersei’s punishing hike to the Red Keep and Van Cleave’s physical movement echoing Headey’s body language in order to create the seamless illusion that Headey was completely bare for the sequence.

“It was one of the scariest, most wonderful, most gratifying experiences I could have imagined,” Van Cleave tells EW. “I never in a million years would have thought I would be in Dubrovnik surrounded by hundreds of extras and crew members throwing food at me, but it was amazing.”

More than 1,000 actresses applied for the role of Headey’s double for the season’s climactic sequence, where proud Cersei Lannister is shorn, stripped and forced to march for miles through a hostile King’s Landing crowd. Seven finalists were then flown to Belfast to meet with producers, including Van Cleave, an American who has landed theater and minor roles since she was 5, but had never previously performed a nude scene. “It was actually the most comfortable casting I’ve ever had, considering,” Van Cleave says.

Headey says she chose not to be nude for the six-minute climactic sequence “for several reasons,” among them that she wanted to focus on the emotions in her performance. She also opted out of the casting process for her double. “I was like, ‘Listen guys, she happens to have a beautiful body, but I don’t do casting,” the Emmy nominee says. “If somebody is brave enough to do this, I applaud it.”

Director David Nutter called Van Cleave’s casting one of the most important parts of making the finale. “We needed somebody who could do The Walk of Shame physically, somebody who could match Lena’s integrity, intensity and sensibility,” Nutter says. “We found a tremendous actress in Rebecca; she was a godsend. The courage of this girl, who’s never done anything like this in her life, who understood what was important about this … once I had her I felt like I could accomplish anything.”

EW was on the Thrones set when the sequence was filmed. Headey would walk Van Cleave through each shot, giving step-by-step insight into Cersei’s mindset. “Lena was so good about walking beside me and guiding me into what Cersei was thinking and the movements,” Van Cleave says. “We were playing tag team — ‘You’re it!’ — and trying to make light of the fact we’re all covered in everything and going through this together.”

As for what it was like to march naked through 500 screaming extras hurling food, liquid, and derogatory terms, Van Cleave says, “The first time I took off the robe there was all this anticipation building up to it. But it’s such an emotional experience for Cersei, you almost check out of the fact that you’re nude. You’re so in touch with the scene and what you’re going for.”

Yet there were some rough moments, too. “Particularly moments when I got all kinds of stuff thrown at me, with the chamber pots [being dumped out],” Van Cleave says. “Then on the last day, there was a well of emotion when she’s finally getting to the end and I was getting to the end too—not in a bad way, it’s almost like being one with the character.”

During our on-set interview with Headey, the actress praised Van Cleave’s work ethic. “It was a long process trying to find somebody who got what it means physically to be there with all that stuff going on, and Rebecca is a great actress,” Headey says. “It takes a lot to walk through the crowd naked for three days in a row with the crowd braying at you.”

Fast-forward eight months later to Sunday night’s finale. Van Cleave watched her performance combined with Headey’s for the first time. So what was that like? “It was very surreal and emotional, to be honest,” Van Cleave says. “I had a good little cry afterward. Lena and I put so much into that scene and to see it all come together was really special.”

The performance was so top secret that many of Van Cleave’s friends and family don’t yet know about her role on the hit show. And while body doubles are typically nearly invisible to those outside the industry, the U.K. press outed Van Cleave on Thursday, so she won’t be anonymous for long.

The actress also notes she disagrees with some of reactions she’s read to Headey utlizing a double in the scene. “I personally don’t agree with anybody who says having a body double detracts from the scene,” Van Cleave says. “Lena put her heart and soul into that scene. It should all be about the finished product, not about whose body was where and and whose head was where.”

Having said all that, Van Cleave hopes her work on Thrones helps her land her a role that’s a bit more traditional. “It’s definitely the hardest thing I’ve ever done, but also the best experience of my life,” she says. “And I hope the next thing I do will have my head in it!”

Also snow drif or not, that fall was way too far. Go ahead and try a tuck and roll from that height, get back to me. Obviously the shot was designed to show that they were making a safe landing in the snow below, theres no mystery of how they ended up. But IN REALITY, they would be either dead or severely mangled.

I think you see where I'm going with this, in a fantasy show with dragons and armies of zombies moving by the magic of creatures who slept in the ice for 8000 years....

I think you see where I'm going with this, in a fantasy show with dragons and armies of zombies moving by the magic of creatures who slept in the ice for 8000 years....

It's still a scene right up there with the van falling off a bridge in TWD. Mostly cringe inducing.

The jumping in the snow scene was lazy and we excpect better for GOT.

+1

I digress,

An American actress named Rebecca Van Cleaveclick here for some photos – was Headey’s (Cersei) body double.

No those things are fine cuz they are an accepted fabric of the shows reality. Surviving long falls is not. Now for example if a wizard cast a spell wich lightened their fall, that would be fine.

Game Of Thrones: Good News, Bran Is Officially Back For Season 6

http://www.cinemablend.com/television/Game-Thrones-Good-News-Bran-Officially-Back-Season-6-73008.html

While putting together the scripts and layouts for Season 5, D.B. Weiss and David Benioff ultimately opted to streamline the plot and cut out the likes of Bran and Hodor. While we expected the plotline North of the Wall to pick back up in Season 6, we can now officially confirm that it is happening. This week Isaac Hempstead Wright spoke out to discuss a little bit about what we can expect from Bran during Season 6 of Game Of Thrones.

"I can’t say a lot but I am back this season, and it’s going to get particularly interesting with Bran. He has some interesting visions."

During the interview with Irish Examiner Bran also said he will head to the set to begin shooting the upcoming season of HBO’s fantasy drama this month, although he unfortunately had no intriguing new tidbits to add to the Jon Snow-related fan hopes and theories we’ve been hearing about for weeks now. Regardless, it should be nice to catch up with Bran when the series returns in 2016.

While it was pretty weird to go an entire season without Bran, it actually made sense, considering the young character’s storyline was a lot further along in the books than a lot of the other characters on Game of Thrones. When last we saw Bran, he had just reached the Weirwood tree beyond the Wall when his traveling party was attacked by a group of wights and Jojen was killed. Bran then met a member of the Children of the Forest and the Three-Eyed Raven, who presumably have been busy training him behind-the-scenes during this last season. Avoiding jumping too far ahead is exactly the reason that Bran was cut from Season 5, though. Benioff stated nearly a year ago that cutting Bran was all in the effort to keep everyone’s stories from the books on roughly the same timeline.

"The fact is, even though we’re making changes to the books and adapting as necessary, we’re trying to keep the various storylines the same as the books and trying to keep them roughly [chronologically] parallel."

Anyone with any sort of knowledge regarding George R.R. Martin’s Song of Ice and Fire series probably knows that Game of Thrones has caught up and sometimes moved ahead of the books at this point. Season 6 will feature a ton of story arcs that won’t be spoiled on the blogosphere before the episode airs, and getting more surprises on the small screen is something that all GOT fans should rejoice in a little bit.

BTW, I don't think Syrio Forel is dead. I think that was our first introduction to the Faceless Man we know as Jaqen Haqar

BTW, I don't think Syrio Forel is deal. I think that was our first introduction to the Faceless Man we know as Jaqen Haqar

I've been hoping that's the case since the moment he didn't die on screen.

I think in season 1 they were telling the story from the Starks point of view. That's why dead ass syrio was killed off screen. Aria didn't see it since he was covering her retreat.

I think in season 1 they were telling the story from the Starks point of view. That's why dead ass syrio was killed off screen. Aria didn't see it since he was covering her retreat.

I'm also going with...Stannis aint dead. Neither is The Hound. The show doesn't spare us any gruesome deaths. There's only one reason we were spared theirs.

The jumping in the snow scene was lazy and we excpect better for GOT.

If you really want to gripe, in the books, wintefell has two sets of walls with a moat in between.

But obviously, assuming the wall they jumped from was a windward wall, it would have a deep pile of snow at its base.

On a broader level, Fock grrm. Write the rest of the books already you goofy looking fat Fock.

If you really want to gripe, in the books, wintefell has two sets of walls with a moat in between.

But obviously, assuming the wall they jumped from was a windward wall, it would have a deep pile of snow at its base.

This was the exact point where the show.....Jumped The Stark.

POW!! VEAL!!!!

On a broader level, Fock grrm. Write the rest of the books already you goofy looking fat Fock.

https://i.imgur.com/RtMiOos.gif

http://moviepilot.com/posts/3545031-latest-jon-snow-sighting-hints-at-game-of-thrones-season-6-spoilers?lt_source=external,manual

Though I think this was, more or less, already confirmed.

Jon Snow, or at least whatever he becomes, is most definitely is still around. First big spoiler by the show as we move past the books.

I really might skip the next season. I am much, much more invested in the books. The show is different than the books now, but still.

melisandre is so hot

First off, Melisandres rack. Second, when Brianne saves Sansa, what happens to the hounds? They just stop barking and disappear? That was lazy. And the red woman will have something to do with Jon Snow. He's not gone yet.

First off, Melisandres rack. Second, when Brianne saves Sansa, what happens to the hounds? They just stop barking and disappear? That was lazy. And the red woman will have something to do with Jon Snow. He's not gone yet.

I wondered the same thing as it was happening. Where did the hounds go? I was sure they filmed them being slaughtered and maybe they didn't want to show it? But c'mon, at least show them dead?

People on GOT have the best internal GPS/human tracking ever

In such a gigantic world, they always seem to find each other, just as they need to. so ridiculous.

I love the show to death, but it is getting super lazy.

GoT GPS - finding Kahleesee's ring in the grass was pretty impressive too.

I was thinking the same thing, until they showed the scene.

I give them credit for not being lazy and at least surrounding the ring (where Khaleesi was standing) with a gigantic circle of stomped down grass.

And the red woman will have something to do with Jon Snow. He's not gone yet.

you should be the new captain obvious in those hotels.com commercials

• Like 1

you should be the new captain obvious in those hotels.com commercials

:clap:

another GOT convenience.

she just happens to show up the episode he gets kilt. (yes, I said kilt)

People on GOT have the best internal GPS/human tracking ever

its worse in walking dead.

at least in game of thrones, a lot of the time its fairly easy. I assume you're talking about Giganto of Tarth being there to save Sansa? but we know shes been outside Winterfell, stalking the scene for a while.

Worse version of Dario and Stone Man Jorah just have to go north until they find the giant charred pile of bones. Not like anything else besides a dragon is doing that. And yeah her ring drop was kind of like who the hell is going to find that but they did at least do the ring of trampled down grass, like you said.

what bothers me more with goT is how fast some people travel and how slowly others travel. Stannis traveled so damn fast from his loss at kings landing, to the iron bank, then randomly to the nights watch then to winterfell all pretty damn fast while those focking white walkers havn't reached the wall yet.

:clap:

another GOT convenience.

she just happens to show up the episode he gets kilt. (yes, I said kilt)

its been pretty obvious since the end of last season that if Jon Snow was brought back, it was going to have to be her that does it. There is that other guy way back in season whatever who keeps bringing his buddy back from the dead and he practices the same religion/withcraft as melisandre. And then if you followed any of the leaks/rumors leading up to this season you know Jon is going to be around.

I just find it funny he proclaimed that Melisandre was going to have something to do with Jon Snow! like it was a revelation he came up with last night. Poor gfiafp or RP. Whoever owns that alias.

its been pretty obvious since the end of last season that if Jon Snow was brought back, it was going to have to be her that does it. There is that other guy way back in season whatever who keeps bringing his buddy back from the dead and he practices the same religion/withcraft as melisandre. And then if you followed any of the leaks/rumors leading up to this season you know Jon is going to be around.

I just find it funny he proclaimed that Melisandre was going to have something to do with Jon Snow! like it was a revelation he came up with last night. Poor gfiafp or RP. Whoever owns that alias.

Don't hurt your arm patting yourself on the back. Too bad your alias busting drags down your great intellect.

sure the rumors have been swirling and they showed Jon Snow on set all dressed up.

He was dressed up in last nights episode, could that have been why? devils advocate.

HT is MB

I was thinking exactly that about the dogs too, especially after Theon's big "i've seen what these hounds can do" speech.

I was thinking exactly that about the dogs too, especially after Theon's big "i've seen what these hounds can do" speech.

do hound dogs even attack? fock, they are hound dogs, not dire wolves.

do hound dogs even attack? fock, they are hound dogs, not dire wolves.

Depends on the "hound" breed, I didn't get a close look/wasn't paying that much attention, cause well, fock Sansa, most boring character ever.

Depends on the "hound" breed, I didn't get a close look/wasn't paying that much attention, cause well, fock Sansa, most boring character ever.

when I saw the hounds, they didn't look very evil, looked like those kind that run in the mud to bring back a duck

when I saw the hounds, they didn't look very evil, looked like those kind that run in the mud to bring back a duck

Not very scary at all.

rape, murder, incest, pedophilia, slavery, racism... this is all acceptable stuff... the ONE thing they can't do is kill a dog on screen

Crazy? yup.

but the show creators know what they're doing - you kill one focking dog and it's all over... it's all Vick and PETA at that point and HBO probably has to cancel the show.

:dunno:

rape, murder, incest, pedophilia, slavery, racism... this is all acceptable stuff... the ONE thing they can't do it kill an animal on-screen - especially a dog.

Crazy? yup.

but the show creators know what they're doing - you kill one focking dog and it's all over... it's all Vick and PETA at that point and HBO probably has to cancel the show.

:dunno:

Remember when Ned killed the dire wolf because of Cersei? Was what, like episode 2 or 3? I almost quit the show I was so focking mad. Don't give me this CGI bullshit either, those were real dogs they had to look like dire wolves at times.

Not just because he killed it, because of the whole reason he had to as well