Sign in to follow this  
shovelheadt

Jake Plummer comments on Tebow

Give him credit for saying what a lot of people are thinking

"Tebow -- regardless of whether I wish he'd just shut up after a game and go hug his teammates -- I think he's a winner, and I respect that about him," Plummer told KGME-AM in Phoenix. "I think that when he accepts the fact that we know that he loves Jesus Christ, then I think I'll like him a little better."

"I don't hate him because of that; I just would rather not have to hear that every single time he takes a good snap or makes a good handoff. ... Like, you know, I understand dude where you're coming from"

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8245751f/article/exbroncos-qb-plummer-not-hopping-on-tebow-bandwagon

Thank the lord somebody said this! :pointstosky:

"Thank the lord" - really? Based on what Plummer said and you're agreement of it, I wouldn't think you would be thanking the "lord". :unsure:

I am just thankful that I am blessed enough to be able to read posts like this one. It's been a blessing to fulfill my dream of reading Tim Tebow posts. Praise be unto FFToday.

Plummer's a nitwit.

"I don't hate him because of that; I just would rather not have to hear that every single time he takes a good snap or makes a good handoff ...

Yeah, because that's what happens, Jake.

Guy gets interviewed and says what hundreds of athletes/musicians/actors/celebrities say everytime they're interviewed for an award/accomplishment: some variation on "Well, first I have to thank my Lord, Jesus Christ..."

Maybe Plummer, who walked away from the game due to his lack of passion, just has a problem with people who do have passion for something.

Just to be clear: I don't believe in god. Don't go to church. Don't praise his name, thank him for things that happen in my life, or prosletize to the heathens. Hell, I don't say grace. Not a Florida or Denver fan.

But I do admire people that have the strength and courage of their own convictions, especially when all indications are that those convictions are positive, come with no strings, and appear genuine. By all accounts, that's Tebow. If you truly have no gripe with someone other than the fact that they steadfastly believe in something and aren't ashamed to try to spread a positive message, you're just looking to criticize and can't find a legitimate reason to do so.

It just intrigues me that Tebow gets more heat for saying "Jesus" on TV where anyone could be watching, than Lee Corso gets for saying "fock" in the same situation.

Maybe Plummer, who walked away from the game due to his lack of passion, just has a problem with people who do have passion for something.

:thumbsup:

Who's Jake Plummer? :dunno:

Plummer's a nitwit.

"I don't hate him because of that; I just would rather not have to hear that every single time he takes a good snap or makes a good handoff ...

Guy gets interviewed and says what hundreds of athletes/musicians/actors/celebrities say everytime they're interviewed for an award/accomplishment: some variation on "Well, first I have to thank my Lord, Jesus Christ..."

Just to be clear: I don't believe in god. Don't go to church. Don't praise his name, thank him for things that happen in my life, or prosletize to the heathens. Hell, I don't say grace. Not a Florida or Denver fan.

But I do admire people that have the strength and courage of their own convictions, especially when all indications are that those convictions are positive, come with no strings, and appear genuine. By all accounts, that's Tebow. If you truly have no gripe with someone other than the fact that they steadfastly believe in something and aren't ashamed to try to spread a positive message, you're just looking to criticize and can't find a legitimate reason to do so.

It just intrigues me that Tebow gets more heat for saying "Jesus" on TV where anyone could be watching, than Lee Corso gets for saying "fock" in the same situation.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

:thumbsup:

Didnt Jake the Flake once score like 50 fantasy points in a game back in 2005? Had him that year backing up Palmer. But I digress...

The name Jesus Christ scares so many of you ACLU members. Not sure why.

I'm an atheist and I've always thought Tebow was awesome. God talk doesn't bother me for the most part. Whatever gets you through.

Plummer has always been a clown. I don't think I've ever seen a quarterback pull so much dumb sh!t in a professional game in all my life. I remember watching him throw an interception with his non throwing arm while being tackled in his own endzone.I'll never forget the look on Shannanan's rat face after that one.

Tebow's response..

"If you're married, and you have a wife, and you really love your wife, is it good enough to only say to your wife I love her the day you get married? Or should you tell her every single day when you wake up and every opportunity?," Tebow said. "That's how I feel about my relationship with Jesus Christ."

What a dork, and a pretty poor comparison. While I tell my wife multiple times a day that I love her, I don't feel the need to overdo it by telling her after I take out the trash, leave a healthy sh*t, mow the grass, etc. Just like most wives would eventually get tired of being smothered, I think a lot of fans/players are starting to feel smothered by it.

Nothing new here. Persecution, whether it be verbal or physical, is simply part of the price to be a devout and sincere Christian. Has always been this way, and always will, to some degree.

"Blessed are you when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my names sake. Rejoice and be exceedingly glad: for great is your reward in heaven....." Matt. 5:11

I do appreciate those like JT who posted earlier. People who, although they personally don't believe in God and/or Jesus, respect those of true conviction who do.....like Tebow.

Jake "The Snake" has zero credibility.

Nothing new here. Persecution, whether it be verbal or physical, is simply part of the price to be a devout and sincere Christian. Has always been this way, and always will, to some degree.

"Blessed are you when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my names sake. Rejoice and be exceedingly glad: for great is your reward in heaven....." Matt. 5:11

I do appreciate those like JT who posted earlier. People who, although they personally don't believe in God and/or Jesus, respect those of true conviction who do.....like Tebow.

Jake "The Snake" has zero credibility.

Amen, Stonewall! I am a believer and the your qoute from the bible is very well placed. On a lighter note, I have been coming to this site for the last two years and have only recently started posting (as everyone can see). What I like about this site compared to other forums is everyone here, no a matter their background or wher they live, speak with passion and from the heart (most of the time). I may not agree with a lot that is said, but that will probably be the same as I continue to post. I do get good info from this site and enjoy the array of ideas and opinions. So to end my sappy post, thank you and keep up the good work guys and gals! Finally, hope everyone enjoys Turkey Day tomorrow and how ever you spend it I hope it is with Family and Friends!!

Tebow's response..

"If you're married, and you have a wife, and you really love your wife, is it good enough to only say to your wife I love her the day you get married? Or should you tell her every single day when you wake up and every opportunity?," Tebow said. "That's how I feel about my relationship with Jesus Christ."

What a dork, and a pretty poor comparison. While I tell my wife multiple times a day that I love her, I don't feel the need to overdo it by telling her after I take out the trash, leave a healthy sh*t, mow the grass, etc. Just like most wives would eventually get tired of being smothered, I think a lot of fans/players are starting to feel smothered by it.

plus jesus has never once sucked me off and swallowed it.

Poor persecuted majority. It must be tough.

Dude. Way to follow up a sappy post. That's just wrong on so many levels and I personally think you should be banned for a while for this. How low class can you go, even if you don't believe.

Dude. Way to follow up a sappy post. That's just wrong on so many levels and I personally think you should be banned for a while for this. How low class can you go, even if you don't believe.

well i think you would run an awful website.

The name Jesus Christ scares so many of you ACLU members. Not sure why.

I'm more scared of Santa and unicorns. HTH.

I'm more scared of Santa and unicorns. HTH.

Yep you are frightened. If I was atheist I would be scared that I was wrong too. But like everyone there will be a time you pray for something or for someone...... you will know it when the time comes. It will hit you like a ton of bricks

I don't give a rat's ass about Tebow's religious conviction. Kudos to him, however, after a game all I want to hear is football talk not church service. I am sorry if this offends any of you but if I want to hear that gibberish I can go to church myself. Just sayin....

I am not going to say anything on his religious convictions. For all I know, he may be the next coming of Jesus Christ. Sure Jesus turned water into wine, but Tebow actually winning games with the throwing style of Coco the monkey, is much more of a miracle in my opinion.

after a game all I want to hear is football talk not church service.

Then turn the channel when Tebow gets interviewed? Is it really that hard? :dunno:

Be honest, you wait for the post game interview so you can watch and wait to be offended somehow. That way you can come to internet message boards and whine about it. Because if it really did irritate you, then you would just turn the channel to one of the other 15 sports channels on TV.

Plummer's a nitwit.

Hey, I believe in god myself, but plummer does bring up a valid point. You dont need to publicly thank god for everything. In fact, it is my belief that God probably has better things to concern himself than football. I'd be surprised if hes even a football fan.

I acknowlede that Plummer was known as a guy with no passion or no heart, but religion (or his lack thereof) likely had very little to do with how this played out on the field. There are plenty of non religious people who play with heart, and there are some religious people I know who play with no heart. it's not about that. its about a persons passion for the game.

That being said, I dont care if someone thanks the good lord for winning the super bowl or something of the sort, but to say it in every stinking interview is overkill. I believe that this is the point Plummer was making and I think it is a valid one.

Poor persecuted majority. It must be tough.

You missed what I said: "Persecution whether it be verbal or physical has always been part of the price to be a Sincere and Devout Christian".

This actually equates to a super-small minority. A rare find, indeed.

Yep you are frightened. If I was atheist I would be scared that I was wrong too. But like everyone there will be a time you pray for something or for someone...... you will know it when the time comes. It will hit you like a ton of bricks

lmao!

SAVE ME JEBUS, SAVE ME, FOR I HAVE SINNED!!!!

Hey, I believe in god myself, but plummer does bring up a valid point. You dont need to publicly thank god for everything. In fact, it is my belief that God probably has better things to concern himself than football. I'd be surprised if hes even a football fan.

I acknowlede that Plummer was known as a guy with no passion or no heart, but religion (or his lack thereof) likely had very little to do with how this played out on the field. There are plenty of non religious people who play with heart, and there are some religious people I know who play with no heart. it's not about that. its about a persons passion for the game.

That being said, I dont care if someone thanks the good lord for winning the super bowl or something of the sort, but to say it in every stinking interview is overkill. I believe that this is the point Plummer was making and I think it is a valid one.

Never heard Tebow thank God for winning a football game. He uses his pulpit, which currently is his football fame, to spread the word.

Nobody has mentioned Plummer's religious beliefs in any way, shape or form. But his mission appears to be to dislike someone because they publicly stand for something positive. If you're against the positive, you are negative.

Interesting that you profess to believe in God, but put limitations on when/how often it's acceptable for someone else to profess that belief.

Mark 16:15-16 :And he said to them, Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation. Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.

You missed what I said: "Persecution whether it be verbal or physical has always been part of the price to be a Sincere and Devout Christian".

This actually equates to a super-small minority. A rare find, indeed.

What's the number on this super small minority? Super small and rare sounds kinda 8% ish to me. Is that globally? You don't mean America today do you? Do you have to test into the 'Sincere and Devout' status? I dont think Tebow has been tied to the back of a truck or anything and dragged thru the square, he's a big boy and a great guy... he can suffer the slings and arrows of tweets and chat boards. And Christians or anyone else who wants to claim that "THIS" is the only way, related to God,food,religion,to wear shoes or not to wear shoes is gonna hear another opinion.

Never heard Tebow thank God for winning a football game. He uses his pulpit, which currently is his football fame, to spread the word.

Nobody has mentioned Plummer's religious beliefs in any way, shape or form. But his mission appears to be to dislike someone because they publicly stand for something positive. If you're against the positive, you are negative.

Interesting that you profess to believe in God, but put limitations on when/how often it's acceptable for someone else to profess that belief.

Mark 16:15-16 :And he said to them, “Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation. Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.

keep talkin crazy guy.

What's the number on this super small minority?

Only God knows......for only He truly knows the heart. However, I do know (according to Christ) that it is "A narrow way" and "Few there be that find it".

keep talkin crazy guy.

You wrote three paragraphs on how you share Tebow's belief in a supreme being who dictates every step of our path through life and, ultimately, our salvation or damnation. What He asks of his believers is unwavering faith, and that they spread His word in order that more shall believe and be saved.

You just think Tebow does it too much.

And I'm talking crazy? :wave:

Then turn the channel when Tebow gets interviewed? Is it really that hard? :dunno:

Be honest, you wait for the post game interview so you can watch and wait to be offended somehow. That way you can come to internet message boards and whine about it. Because if it really did irritate you, then you would just turn the channel to one of the other 15 sports channels on TV.

I did change the channel briefly. Here I thought he would talk about the game, football...How stupid of me. :rolleyes:

You wrote three paragraphs on how you share Tebow's belief in a supreme being who dictates every step of our path through life and, ultimately, our salvation or damnation. What He asks of his believers is unwavering faith, and that they spread His word in order that more shall believe and be saved.

You just think Tebow does it too much.

And I'm talking crazy? :wave:

Why are you quoting from a book you don't even believe in? That's a little crazy.

Haha, could you be any more arrogant? What a tool...

So true! Tax-free places of worship, politicians constantly paying lip service to evangelicals ... when will the persecution end? :mad:

I like Tebow and Plummer is and always was a doosh.

Props to Tebow for not only standing up for what he believes in, but also using a national stage like the NFL to send a positive message. I know a lot of "Christians" who wouldn't use their celebrity for such a thing. While I am a believer, I can admit that I would probably falter and not be able to set such a good example.

I know a lot of "Christians" who wouldn't use their celebrity for such a thing.

Those would be the ones that have enough common sense and courtesy to realize not everyone is of the same beliefs. Kind of funny how you quoted 'christians' as if that's somehow a bad thing.

Convert. Catholicism is where it's at.