Sign in to follow this  
TAM2020

What Was Your Best Trade/Pickup Of The Year?

So what was your best trade or pick up this year?

I had two:

#1 Trading Cedric Benson for Matthew Stafford at the start of week 3

&

#2 Picking up David Akers at the start of week 3.

Both of those led me to the championship last week!

- Not trading MBush in Week 4

- Grabbing KBell in Week 14 helped at the end of the season

other than that, I did a good job drafting, so I never really had much of an option to grab some good WW guys (although I did have Decker, Floyd, and Demaryius Thomas at different points in the season). :dunno:

When I was asked what I wanted for Nate Burleson after week 1 and I offered him Burleson, Kyle Orton and some other scrub for Jabar Gaffney, CAM NEWTON and some other schmuck and he said it sounded fair to him.

Picked Kasay up off waivers after week one as well, all the way to the title, was sweet, really sweet.

Trading Blount for Newton in week 4

Picking up Laurent Robinson, CJ Spiller, and Demaryius Thomas.

I had a horrible draft. So my pickups is what saved me.

I snagged Murray and laurent Robinson off WW. Turned my sinking ship into a 4th place team.

Flipping Vick for what turns out to be the #4 pick and #14 pick in my keeper league. Winning the 'ship and get to keep Stafford Foster and ....... AP :dunno:

GM of the year:

AP + Mike Williams for McCoy and Wallace, traded after week 1.

So after these stats:

AP 16-98

2-6

Tampa Mike 4-50-1

McCoy 15-122-1

2-15-1

Wallace 8-107

Someone would make that trade? Something smells here. Can i get an invite to this league>

1. Cam after week 1

2. K.Bell after week 13, only started him this week

3. J.Cook just for this week

4. D.Bailey(sucked this week but solid before)

5. Bears and Texans D(stopped the weekly matchup carousel for me)

So what was your best trade or pick up this year?

I had two:

#1 Trading Cedric Benson for Matthew Stafford at the start of week 3

&

#2 Picking up David Akers at the start of week 3.

Both of those led me to the championship last week!

No doubt, picking up Cam Newton on waivers after somebody dropped him after a poor performance in week 3. After that, grabbing Laurent Robinson after Austin's second hammy was huge.

And I have to give props to the David Akers and the SF D which I had for the second half of the season (and I HATE the niners).

I should mention, I did play Gaffney over Robinson in my championship game and it made a big difference, but the game was won by Cam, Brandon Marshall, and finally getting help at TE from Gresham.

I traded Felix, Greg Jennings and Dustin Keller FOR Ryan Mathews, Deion Branch and Gronkowski the week after the Pats' bye when Gronk was coming off his three-week "slump".

So after these stats:

AP 16-98

2-6

Tampa Mike 4-50-1

McCoy 15-122-1

2-15-1

Wallace 8-107

Someone would make that trade? Something smells here. Can i get an invite to this league>

He was selling high, thought AP was still superior to McCoy and Williams would be fine. I saw Williams play and could not get rid of him fast enough. I took AP #2 overall (non-ppr) and McCoy later so there is perceived value there. He didn't think Williams would be that bad.

You think it looks really bad in hindsight but think about it after 1 week.

For pickups it was Akers without a doubt . Also M Bush , B Celek and D Thomas on Denver

For Trades it was when I traded Jimmy Graham for Miles Austin and Vernon Davis. I had Celek and mixed him with Davis and Austin came back just in time for the run as my WR's were Mike WIlliams , greg Little etc. Needed help. And I wound up playing the team I traded with in the championship. Funny that trade came back to help me.

1) Not trading Arian Foster for Andre Johnson after week 2. I actually proposed this, but the other guy didn't want it. The Foster injury really had me worried that it was going to linger for the whole season.

2) Pickup Victor Cruz

3) Trading Philip Rivers for Roddy White at the trade deadline. Already had Stafford, and needed help at the flex position.

Kind of a tie.

Murray and Laurent Robinson helped to several wins til he got hurt.

Spiller, Kahlil Bell, and Harvin all delivered in the postseason.

I picked up sproles in week 2

Demarco Murray and Laurent Robinson were also good pick ups. My one not so shining moment was passing on Cam early on for Devery Henderson. I still thought Rivers would get it together. In the end I still won my league so I'm happy.

I was the master of making moves this year

Picked up Cruz in 2 leagues

Picked up Akers in my kicker heavy league

Picked up Spiller and Demaryius in my ppr league to help me when my team started dropping due to injuries

Traded Calvin for Wallace and Foster then later in the year traded Andre for Chris Johnson

One move that didn't help me, trading Vick and Steven Jackson for Mcfadden and Mcgahee, eventually dropped Mcgahee after he missed some time.

Antonio Brown and Pettigrew off WW. Brown has been exactly what I needed while my RB's were beat up and Pettigrew isn't great but I had drafted Jared Cook as my only TE in last round :)

Picking up Percy Harvin, Kevin Smith and Khalil Bell off the waivers. Trading Turner/Antonio Brown for Roddy White. While Turner was pretty solid down the stretch, Roddy was the difference maker in some of key matchups including the championship.

grabbed Cruz like a few others have mentioned

traded Kenny Britt for Jordy nelson and Lynch the week before britt went down for the year!!

The Seahawks D also came thru for me huge in the last few weeks of the year (let me down in the ship but it didnt matter) :first:

So after these stats:

AP 16-98

2-6

Tampa Mike 4-50-1

McCoy 15-122-1

2-15-1

Wallace 8-107

After week 1 it made complete sense. The other guy probably wanted Peterson bad since he probably went 1st/2nd overall in the draft.

Waiver - Spent money on Cam. Spent money on Gronk (TE not a dedicated position).

Not trading Foster for CJIII early in the year.

Started the league off with Peyton Manning and Kevin Kolb.

By Week 3, I rode the Cam Newton train all the way to a Super Bowl Championship.

Second best was picking up Antonio Brown midseason and starting him the entire time.

Drafted from the last slot (#12) in both of my money leagues. Waited on drafting QB in both leagues (Roethlisberger and Freeman as QB1s).

Picked up Cam Newton after week 1 in both leagues. Won the championship in both leagues... :pointstosky:

Anyone that has Victor Cruz and doesn't name him is out of their mind. Best free agent pickup I've likely ever had. :thumbsup:

ETA: on second thought, I could see Cam Newton as well. Either answer is valid.

Anyone that has Victor Cruz and doesn't name him is out of their mind. Best free agent pickup I've likely ever had. :thumbsup:

ETA: on second thought, I could see Cam Newton as well. Either answer is valid.

Victor cruz is definately up there but steve slaton his rookie year was close behind.

Picked up McCoy and Wallace for AP and Mike Williams after week 1.

Picked up Brees for Helu, Torain, Witten, Moore, and Flacco. Guy had lost his starting TE, RB, and WR in a matter of a week and waiver wire was bare. He made the playoffs and won a round so can't be considered a complete rape.

:first:

Grabbing JCharles in 2 keeper league: got him next year giving up 9th round pick! Also got Peyton, it'll cost me 10th round pick could pan out