Sign in to follow this  
kutulu

Self Defense Killing in Florida...Geeks got an opinion?

Perhaps you missed the part of the story that said Zimmerman was treated at the scene BEFORE he was taken to the police station.

Also, I can see the gash on the back of his in the video.

He looks completely okay to me in that video. I think you can make a very slight red mark on the back of his head but I've looked a hell of a lot worse than that after a night of drinking in my college days.

And if he was treated for head wounds beforehand wouldn't he have bandages on him still? Or something to indicate that he had been hurt? Or do you think the EMTs have some kind of magical instant gash healing elixir?

I stand by my previous guess as to what happened. Martin dared to fight back, so this guy lost his sh!t and killed him.

Murder two.

Also I just read in nikki's link that it was the prosecutor who decided not to charge him because he didn't think there was enough evidence. This makes sense because the investigating officer recommended at least negligent homicide charges.

Fock that prosecutor. What a limp d!ck that he was scared he couldn't get a conviction. :thumbsdown:

He looks completely okay to me in that video. I think you can make a very slight red mark on the back of his head but I've looked a hell of a lot worse than that after a night of drinking in my college days.

And if he was treated for head wounds beforehand wouldn't he have bandages on him still? Or something to indicate that he had been hurt? Or do you think the EMTs have some kind of magical instant gash healing elixir?

I stand by my previous guess as to what happened. Martin dared to fight back, so this guy lost his sh!t and killed him.

Murder two.

Funny, but a video doesn't much look like an X-Ray. Head injuries do not necessarily need bandages. I'm sure all the information is in the hospital charts and police reports, not some grainy video that shows us nothing worthwhile.

It's still mind boggling how so many people want to convict an innocent man simply because he is Latino. Racists. :mad:

Also I just read in nikki's link that it was the prosecutor who decided not to charge him because he didn't think there was enough evidence. This makes sense because the investigating officer recommended at least negligent homicide charges.

Fock that prosecutor. What a limp d!ck that he was scared he couldn't get a conviction. :thumbsdown:

Law & Order was on TV for 20 years. It had 4 spinoffs. There is a Law side. And and Order side.

You can't cross the streams. Nobody cares what the officer says. Only the prosecutor knows if there is a case to pursue here. The stupid cop needs to shut his c0ckmouf and learn his role.

No blood, no cut on back of head, no broken nose. If his nose had been broken, he'd have blood all over his shirt. His face would be all swollen.

If he had a "gash" on the back of his head, that was "treated at the scene" there would be blood on the back of his jacket, and he would have a bandage on his head. When I hear "gash" I think stitches, no evidence of that either.

And if there had been any blood, the cops would all be wearing rubber gloves.

:thumbsdown:

Just because Hispanics have a set of stereotypes and can be considered a minority doesn't make Hispanic a race. Like it or not, they are technically white.

Ethnicity vs Race

Very few of us accurately describe the difference between ethnicity and race, simply because we tend to lump them into the same definition. While the dictionary can represent each of these words to be highly similar, there are differences.

Ethnicity is not just a person’s race. We can say that a Caucasian is white, but that doesn’t describe his ethnicity. If we lined up a Caucasian from Ireland, Israel and Canada in a photograph, it would be difficult to discern from which country each person originates. Yet, if we gave them appropriate items from their culture, it becomes easier to determine their country of origin. Ethnicity is about tradition, learned behavior and customs. It is about learning where you come from, and celebrating the traditions and ideas that are part of that region.

At one time it was easy to tell one’s ethnicity, but as the global conglomeration offered more choice and change (as well as borrowing styles and ideas from other cultures), it has become impossible to identify ethnicity based solely on distinctive features.

Ethnicity gives us room to change because we can reject our own and embrace another. You can move from one region to another and assimilate your beliefs, actions and customs to identify with that ethnic orientation. You cannot do the same with race.

Race is your biologically engineered features. It can include skin color, skin tone, eye and hair color, as well as a tendency toward developing certain diseases. It is not something that can be changed or disguised. Race does not have customs or globally learned behavior. Going back to our three Caucasians, each could be cloned and placed in different cultures throughout the world that were primarily not Caucasian. While their behavior would change, their physical and biological features would not.

Race can be used to describe other elements of biological and regional differences. For instance, you can be born Jewish (which is usually referred to as a religion), but it does not mean that you have embraced the Jewish customs or religious beliefs. In such cases, the same term can be used to describe either ethnicity or race.

Ethnicity does not always describe color either. One can claim to be African, which indicates an entire multi-regional, multi-cultural continent. You can enhance the definition by assigning a sub culture to the ethnicity, such as South African, or Ethiopian. There can be a wide range of skin colors and tones throughout Africa, ranging from the white skin and fair haired faces many associate with the Aryan race to the dark skin, black haired faces that many associate with African regions.

Summary:

1. Ethnicity is about the learned cultural behaviors celebrated throughout regions around the world.

2. Race is an indication of the heritage with which you were born, regardless of location or learned behavior.

3. Ethnicity can be altered or mimicked through choice and beliefs.

Unless we can get into Zimmerman's head, we can't know what motivated him. But I don't think it is a stretch that the boy's race may have influenced assumptions about him being "suspicious." Is that enough to warrant racial outrage?

Just because Hispanics have a set of stereotypes and can be considered a minority doesn't make Hispanic a race. Like it or not, they are technically white.

"Hispanic" is an outdated racial slur.

His mother is from Peru. Which is South America. She is not considered white in Peru. She is Latino. Her son is Latino.

No blood, no cut on back of head, no broken nose. If his nose had been broken, he'd have blood all over his shirt. His face would be all swollen.

If he had a "gash" on the back of his head, that was "treated at the scene" there would be blood on the back of his jacket, and he would have a bandage on his head. When I hear "gash" I think stitches, no evidence of that either.

Since he did not go directly to a hospital, it stands to reason that he may have changed his clothes. A broken nose can lead to a nose bleed, sometimes it won't. They said the head wounds started healing so they decided to forgo the stitches. I've never seen anybody with head stitches with a bandage. That is counteractive to the healing process; the moisture is counterproductive; it is Florida and muggy, afterall.

"Hispanic" is an outdated racial slur.

His mother is from Peru. Which is South America. She is not considered white in Peru. She is Latino. Her son is Latino.

I know that some people consider "Hispanic" derogatory. Latino is also an ethnic term, however. And they are still considered white.

I know that some people consider "Hispanic" derogatory. Latino is also an ethnic term, however. And they are still considered white.

OK. Let's ignore the official government classification, which makes Zimmerman Latino. Also, "white" is a term that is not used in ethnicity categories. "Caucasian" is the only term that can be used. I don't want to contradict myself by accident, so I will be mindful of that fact. People are slotted into categories that best match their ethnicity; it's not perfect, but it's the only system we have.

Let's use logic. A Latino person born in Latin America (Peru) then has a child. They remain in Peru to live. That person is Caucasian? Nope. They are Peruvian, which is Latino. So, are you saying that because that child is currently in a different geographical location, they are Caucasian, despite their country of origin and their maternal blood line?

If you are trying to make an argument that Peruvians are descendants from Spanish explorers rather than indigenous villagers, we could argue that. But, would that argument just lead to everybody in the world being Middle Eastern dating back to the Garden of Eden and/or the cradle of civilization? Logically, Zimmerman cannot be Caucasian.

OK. Let's ignore the official government classification, which makes Zimmerman Latino. Also, "white" is a term that is not used in ethnicity categories. "Caucasian" is the only term that can be used. I don't want to contradict myself by accident, so I will be mindful of that fact. People are slotted into categories that best match their ethnicity; it's not perfect, but it's the only system we have.

Let's use logic. A Latino person born in Latin America (Peru) then has a child. They remain in Peru to live. That person is Caucasian? Nope. They are Peruvian, which is Latino. So, are you saying that because that child is currently in a different geographical location, they are Caucasian, despite their country of origin and their maternal blood line?

If you are trying to make an argument that Peruvians are descendants from Spanish explorers rather than indigenous villagers, we could argue that. But, would that argument just lead to everybody in the world being Middle Eastern dating back to the Garden of Eden and/or the cradle of civilization? Logically, Zimmerman cannot be Caucasian.

There in lies the problem. Liberals are not logical. HTH :music_guitarred:

I recieved a severely broken nose after catching an elbow in a basketball game. It never bled.

I recieved a severely broken nose after catching an elbow in a basketball game. It never bled.

Did you shoot the guy who elbowed you?

If it was a Flagrant 2 foul to the face, you get 2 shots.

I've seen broken noses without blood also.

:lol:

If it was a Flagrant 2 foul to the face, you get 2 shots.

:lol: :lol:

Only the new breed of humans, the white -latino does that.

Only the new breed of humans, the white -latino does that.

Have you ever considered stand up?

Please stop torridjoe-ing this. The media is using "white latino" to keep the "white" part at the forefront, nothing more. Also you are wrong.

Definition of Race Categories Used in the 2010 Census

“White” refers to a person having origins in any of the original peoples

of Europe, the Middle East, or North Africa. It includes people who indicated

their race(s) as “White” or reported entries such as Irish, German,

Italian, Lebanese, Arab, Moroccan, or Caucasian.

“Black or African American” refers to a person having origins in any of

the Black racial groups of Africa. It includes people who indicated their

race(s) as “Black, African Am., or Negro” or reported entries such as

African American, Kenyan, Nigerian, or Haitian.

“American Indian or Alaska Native” refers to a person having origins in

any of the original peoples of North and South America (including

Central America) and who maintains tribal affiliation or community

attachment. This category includes people who indicated their race(s)

as “American Indian or Alaska Native” or reported their enrolled or principal

tribe, such as Navajo, Blackfeet, Inupiat, Yup’ik, or Central

American Indian groups or South American Indian groups.

“Asian” refers to a person having origins in any of the original peoples

of the Far East, Southeast Asia, or the Indian subcontinent, including,

for example, Cambodia, China, India, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Pakistan,

the Philippine Islands, Thailand, and Vietnam. It includes people who

indicated their race(s) as “Asian” or reported entries such as “Asian

Indian,” “Chinese,” “Filipino,” “Korean,” “Japanese,” “Vietnamese,” and

“Other Asian” or provided other detailed Asian responses.

“Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander” refers to a person having

origins in any of the original peoples of Hawaii, Guam, Samoa, or other

Pacific Islands. It includes people who indicated their race(s) as “Pacific

Islander” or reported entries such as “Native Hawaiian,” “Guamanian or

Chamorro,” “Samoan,” and “Other Pacific Islander” or provided other

detailed Pacific Islander responses.

Some Other Race” includes all other responses not included in the

White, Black or African American, American Indian or Alaska Native,

Asian, and Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander race categories

described above. Respondents reporting entries such as multiracial,

mixed, interracial, or a Hispanic or Latino group (for example, Mexican,

Puerto Rican, Cuban, or Spanish) in response to the race question are

included in this category.

My link

Video of Zimmerman at the police station on the night of the murder is out. Doesn't much look like he had any injuries.

:thumbsup:

He looks pretty good for someone who had supposedly just taken a beating.

Two things.

Please for the love of the baby Jesus stop with the stupid White-Latino thing. I've read and seen and heard about hundreds of criminal incidents on the internet, newspaper, or television and not once have I heard a person been labled White-Latino or Black-Latino. This hybrid term is not used. It was only used by the media (of which they have actually now gone back and rewritten their articles to take out the white part btw). They did that because it makes the story more compelling. So just stop it already. When people talk about race relations between white and blacks, everybody and their mamma's understands that means Caucasions and African Americans. It doesn't include Latinos. So just stop it already.

Secondly, this story is really sad and the way its being covered by the media makes it even sadder. They put out one narrative that seemed clear, yet now at the least it is not as cut and dry as we were led to believe. The water is a bit muddier than we thought. They are like a leach draining everything they can out the story.

The bottom line is maybe this Zimmerman guy really is some weirdo guy that cold blooded killed Martin. OR maybe, after the facts come out, it really was self defense. Either way to many people jumped to to many conclusions. Everybody, including the Black Panthers and the Rednecks need to sit back, take a breath. The facts will come out and justice, whatever that is, will be served.

The bottom line is maybe this Zimmerman guy really is some weirdo guy that cold blooded killed Martin. OR maybe, after the facts come out, it really was self defense. Either way to many people jumped to to many conclusions. Everybody, including the Black Panthers and the Rednecks need to sit back, take a breath. The facts will come out and justice, whatever that is, will be served.

Wait for the facts? Yeah all that sounds really boring.......i want to make blanket statements about races and use my own white upbringing to make generalizations.

What? Did you short change the hot dog vender?

Please stop torridjoe-ing this. The media is using "white latino" to keep the "white" part at the forefront, nothing more. Also you are wrong.

My link

You guys keep posting the same thing and you don't even see why you are wrong.

Where are the ORIGINAL PEOPLES of the people of South America and Latin America from? Do we need to go back to 3rd grade world history now?

Also... just look at the focking census data. Latinos are in the WHITE race on all their reporting. Not OTHER. Who is wrong?

I am astounded that people keep trying to argue this. Astounded.

I'm not going to discuss this anymore because I can't make up for 18 years of bad schooling.

Funny, but a video doesn't much look like an X-Ray. Head injuries do not necessarily need bandages. I'm sure all the information is in the hospital charts and police reports, not some grainy video that shows us nothing worthwhile.

It's still mind boggling how so many people want to convict an innocent man simply because he is Latino. Racists. :mad:

So what did his X-Ray say?

Since he did not go directly to a hospital, it stands to reason that he may have changed his clothes. A broken nose can lead to a nose bleed, sometimes it won't. They said the head wounds started healing so they decided to forgo the stitches. I've never seen anybody with head stitches with a bandage. That is counteractive to the healing process; the moisture is counterproductive; it is Florida and muggy, afterall.

The police let him change before they took him into the police station in handcuffs? That was nice of them. :unsure:

The police let him change before they took him into the police station in handcuffs? That was nice of them. :unsure:

The video is 4 to 6 hours after the altercation.

So what did his X-Ray say?

Broken nose, contusions, swelling, and deep abrasions to head.

Where are the ORIGINAL PEOPLES of the people of South America and Latin America from? Do we need to go back to 3rd grade world history now?

Also... just look at the focking census data. Latinos are in the WHITE race on all their reporting. Not OTHER. Who is wrong?

I'm not going to discuss this anymore because I can't make up for 18 years of bad schooling.

Holy guacamole, torrid'ho. You keep coming here to get punched in the face, and you just won't stop. I totally sympathize with Chris Brown, Scott Peterson, OJ Simpson, and Henry VIII. My condolences to the companies you ruined with your shiny ideas.

Broken nose, contusions, swelling, and deep abrasions to head.

I hadn't realized they released it. Do you have a link?

I hadn't realized they released it. Do you have a link?

Yeah. Turn on the TV. Any channel.

I'm having fun as well. :) I wonder if you'll ever read my link from the census bureau? Here is another part to help you out:

The 2010 Census racial distributions

of the Hispanic population

and of the non-Hispanic population

differ and are shown in Table 2.

Over half of the Hispanic population

identified as White and no

other race, while about one-third

provided responses that were classified

as Some Other Race alone

when responding to the question

on race. Much smaller proportions

of Hispanics identified as other race

groups alone: Black alone (3 percent),

American Indian and Alaska

Native alone (1 percent), Asian

alone (0.4 percent), and Native

Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander

alone (0.1 percent).

I'm having fun as well. :) I wonder if you'll ever read my link from the census bureau? Here is another part to help you out:

Everything you are posting keeps saying Hispanics are white. IDGI. :lol:

You stated that hispanics are white on all of their reporting, I provided a quote which directly refutes this, and this is your response? Are you sniffing glue again? :unsure:

Spaniards are not Caucasians.

Someone from Peru is not from Spain.

Tracing back through history, everybody is Middle Eastern.

Pick a card. Any card. There are no other choices.

You stated that hispanics are white on all of their reporting, I provided a quote which directly refutes this, and this is your response? Are you sniffing glue again? :unsure:

OK. I'll rephrase my statement. WHITE Hispanics are categorized as WHITE in all US census reporting.

OMG. Seriously, I'm done with this conversation. :lol:

So, the funeral director who prepared Martin says that he did not see any evidence that Martin punched someone. Not conclusive, but I would expect that they could piece together different types of evidence to come to some sort of understanding of what happened. :dunno:

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/03/29/10915887-police-video-shows-george-zimmerman-shortly-after-trayvon-martin-shooting

Richard Kurtz, the funeral director who prepared Martin's body, was asked if there were any signs on his hands that he had punched someone.

"The only thing that I was able to see was the gunshot wound," Kurtz told The Last Word. "I could not see evidence like he had been punching somebody as the news media say he was punching ... It just did not add up to me."

Yeah. Turn on the TV. Any channel.

The only thing I've seen is Zimmerman's lawyer saying he went to the doctor the next day and had a broken nose. Do you have a link to the medical reports from a doctor, because I haven't seen it.