Sign in to follow this  
kutulu

Self Defense Killing in Florida...Geeks got an opinion?

What about the albinos? If an albino kills a black guy is that a hate crime or black on black crime?

I'm so confused.

I hate to correct you, but albinos do not exist. I was watching a Science Channel special recently, and they were very vehement that albinos do not exist. Morgan Freeman was narrating, so you know it must be true.

From the 2010 Census brief - The White Population...

http://www.census.gov/prod/cen2010/briefs/c2010br-05.pdf

DEFINITION OF WHITE USED IN THE 2010 CENSUS

According to OMB, “White” refers to a person having origins in any of the original peoples of Europe, the Middle East, or North Africa.

The White racial category includes people who marked the “White” checkbox. It also includes respondents who reported entries such as Caucasian or White; European entries, such as Irish, German, and Polish; Middle Eastern entries, such as Arab, Lebanese, and Palestinian; and North African entries, such as Algerian, Moroccan, and Egyptian.

The U.S. government does not consider them white. I submit info to them constantly. People from Mexico, South American, Central America, the Caribbean, among other places are not focking white, you numbskull. Please, stop. You are making an ass out of yourself.

The census can go sit on a traffic cone and spin. It's worthless.

So you know more about race classification than the US Census does. And I'm making an ass out of myself?

I also never said that there is not a breakdown between White (Caucasian) and White (Hispanic) because they are a significantly growing portion of our population. That doesn't mean they haven't always been considered White.

I'll ask again... are people from Spain white? If not, what are they?

The current U.S. Census definition includes white "a person having origins in any of Europe, the Middle East or North Africa.[144] The U.S. Department of Justice Federal Bureau of Investigation describes white people as "having origins in any of the original peoples of Europe, the Middle East, or North Africa through racial categories used in the UCR Program adopted from the Statistical Policy Handbook (1978) and published by the Office of Federal Statistical Policy and Standards, U.S. Department of Commerce.[145] The "white" category in the UCR includes non-black Hispanics.[146]

The cultural boundaries separating white Americans from other racial or ethnic categories are contested and always changing. According to John Tehranian, among those not considered white at some points in American history have been: the Irish, Germans, Jews, Italians, Spaniards, white Hispanics, Slavs, and Greeks.[147] Studies have found that while current parameters officially encompassed Arabs as part of the White American racial category, many Arab Americans from places other than the Levant feel they are not white and are not perceived as white by American society."[148]

Professor David R. Roediger of the University of Illinois, suggests that the construction of the white race in the United States was an effort to mentally distance slave owners from slaves.[149] By the 18th century, white had become well established as a racial term. The process of officially being defined as white by law often came about in court disputes over pursuit of citizenship. The Immigration Act of 1790 offered naturalization only to "any alien, being a free white person". In at least 52 cases, people denied the status of white by immigration officials sued in court for status as white people. By 1923, courts had vindicated a "common-knowledge" standard, concluding that "scientific evidence" was incoherent. Legal scholar John Tehranian argues that in reality this was a "performance-based" standard, relating to religious practices, education, intermarriage and a community's role in the United States.[150]

In 1923, the Supreme Court decided in United States v. Bhagat Singh Thind that people of India were not "free white men" entitled to citizenship, despite anthropological evidence in "the extreme northwestern districts of India"[151] there is present the "Caucasian or Aryan race"[151] with an "intermixture of blood"[151] from the "dark skinned Dravidian".

The FBI classifies most Hispanics into the "white" category.

A report from the Pew Research Center in 2008 projects that by 2050, Non-Hispanic White Americans will make up 47% of the population, down from 67% projected in 2005.[153] White Americans made up nearly 90% of the population in 1950.[141]

One-third of Americans classified as "white" in a study contained between two and twenty percent African genetic admixture, which can be extrapolated to about 74 million whites in America with this admixture.[154][155]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_people

I know it's a Wikipedia link but it's all footnoted if you would like to go check out the sources and see how the US government, and all classifications in the history of race categorization, consider Hispanics focking white.

The U.S. government does not consider them white. I submit info to them constantly. People from Mexico, South American, Central America, the Caribbean, among other places are not focking white, you numbskull. Please, stop. You are making an ass out of yourself.

The census can go sit on a traffic cone and spin. It's worthless.

As long as our government classifies us in racial groups and gives one group advantages over others, there will be racism in this country.

The race banter in this thtead is pathetic!

We are the Great Society!

The race banter in this thtead is pathetic!

Because ignoring race makes it go away, like Freddy Krueger.

You sir are a Grade A moron.

nikki has gone full-speed-ahead ratard in defending the "white" card. It truly is a torridjoe moment, as somebody said earlier. :thumbsup:

Obama is half white, half black.

Zimmerman is all white because Hispanics are focking white. I'm not going to get into this again. Just because you don't like them, does not make them not white. Hispanic is an ethnicity within the white race. Just like I am Italian and you are Polish, but still white. Get it?

The g0ddamn police report described Zimmerman as a "white" male. That's probably where the media got it from too.

Can we please stop with this nonsense?

nikki has gone full-speed-ahead ratard in defending the "white" card. It truly is a torridjoe moment, as somebody said earlier. :thumbsup:

I've gone full retard because I am aware that Hispanic people are of the white race?

Anyone who wants to can provide evidence of when Hispanics stopped being considered white.

But apparently all you have to go on is insults. Intriguing discussion.

What a bunch of focking whackos.

The g0ddamn police report described Zimmerman as a "white" male. That's probably where the media got it from too.

Apparently the media calling a white guy white is the biggest travesty of this whole case. Not the dead unarmed teenager. I'm seriously sitting here laughing and shocked at the same time.

Apparently the media calling a white guy white is the biggest travesty of this whole case. Not the dead unarmed teenager. I'm seriously sitting here laughing and shocked at the same time.

It's incredible. I don't think they are just trolling either; they really, wholeheartedly believe this sh!t. :shocking:

That would make sense.

Someone who has called the police 50 times in the past year to report suspicious people in the neighborhood, including a 7 year old, has assaulted a police officer, has a restraining order against him by his ex-girlfriend, and decided to take the law into his own hands and get a gun and follow a teenager walking down the street thinking he is batman or something, in my mind is a psychopath. Yes.

Even with your editorializing and hyperbole, if this is your case for him being a "psychopath", I can only conclude that you have no clue what the word means.

Anyone who wants to can provide evidence of when Hispanics stopped being considered white.

http://2010.census.gov/2010census/about/interactive-form.php

This is an example of the 2010 10 Questions in 10 Minutes Short Form. Notice question number 8. They gave an entire question to the hispanic race. Question number nine is the rest. Interesting how and why the census did that. Why would they designate them hispanic and not white?

http://2010.census.gov/2010census/about/interactive-form.php

This is an example of the 2010 10 Questions in 10 Minutes Short Form. Notice question number 8. They gave an entire question to the hispanic race. Question number nine is the rest. Interesting how and why the census did that. Why would they designate them hispanic and not white?

They are designated as white in the race box they checked, look at section 9. Then they are asked to fill out additional information about their ETHNICITY, not RACE, if they are of Hispanic origin.

Jesus focking christ.

Even with your editorializing and hyperbole, if this is your case for him being a "psychopath", I can only conclude that you have no clue what the word means.

I wasn't using the literal term. I was using it how I refer to people who I think are focking nuts. OK RP?

Would it make you a phsycopath if you got your rocks off with your buddies by berating minimum wage customer service reps ?

:dunno:

Standards for Maintaining, Collecting, and

Presenting Federal Data on Race and Ethnicity

The following are the ethnic and racial definitions for the minimum

standard categories

Ethnic Categories:

Hispanic or Latino: A person of Cuban, Mexican, Puerto Rican,

South or Central American, or other Spanish culture or origin,

regardless of race. The term Spanish origin can also be used

in addition to Hispanic or Latino.

Not Hispanic or Latino

Racial Categories:

American Indian or Alaska Native: A person having origins in any

of the original peoples of North, Central, or South America, and

who maintains tribal affiliations or community attachment.

Asian: A person having origins in any of the original peoples of

the Far East, Southeast Asia, or the Indian subcontinent

including, for example, Cambodia, China, India, Japan, Korea,

Malaysia, Pakistan, the Philippine Islands, Thailand, and

Vietnam. (Note: Individuals from the Philippine Islands have been

recorded as Pacific Islanders in previous data collection

strategies.)

Black or African American: A person having origins in any of the

black racial groups of Africa. Terms such as Haitian or Negro

can be used in addition to Black or African American.

Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander: A person having

origins in any of the original peoples of Hawaii, Guam, Samoa, or

other Pacific Islands.

White: A person having origins in any of the original peoples of

Europe, the Middle East, or North Africa.

You can spin and waggle and redefine stuff all you want. Common sense wins every time. A light skinned black person is still considered African American, just like a light skinned latino is considered latino. No matter how much you want try and make some hybrid race-ethnic term, in order to make this case a white versus black issue, it simply is not. Go fish.

I guess I would prefer to have the news report a man shot a 17 year old rather than a white male shot a black 17 year old. :dunno:

I work with over 700 hispanics, mostly from Puerto Rico and the Dominican republic, easily 80% of them are brown skinned, some very dark.

Should our personal department inform them they are white ? :dunno:

You can spin and waggle and redefine stuff all you want. Common sense wins every time. A light skinned black person is still considered African American, just like a light skinned latino is considered latino. No matter how much you want try and make some hybrid race-ethnic term, in order to make this case a white versus black issue, it simply is not. Go fish.

You just proved my point and you don't even know it. :lol:

They are designated as white in the race box they checked, look at section 9. Then they are asked to fill out additional information about their ETHNICITY, not RACE, if they are of Hispanic origin.

Jesus focking christ.

How come the white people who are hispanic dance way better than I do? Also, why didn't I get the chrome gene? I hate chrome but want to like it. If they're so white, where'd they get that chrome gene from?

I wasn't using the literal term. I was using it how I refer to people who I think are focking nuts. OK RP?

So you admit you were just being over the top with shrill hyperbole that has little relation to the facts in question, as you are prone to do? Good, I'm glad we agree. :thumbsup:

You just proved my point and you don't even know it. :lol:

Nope you have it backwards...as usual.

When talking within the construct of racial divide (i.e. race relations or white versus black), within that context, the racial divide equals the ethnic divide of Caucasion versus African American. Latino is not in that conversation. Therefore trying to inject that by using a cleverly derived hybird term like White-Latino is intellectually dishonest.

You're just hiding behind semantics at this point.

I've gone full retard because I am aware that Hispanic people are of the white race?

But apparently all you have to go on is insults. Intriguing discussion.

What a bunch of focking whackos.

Sorry, I forgot that you weren't around during the torridjoe era. He would argue for pages on end about some minutia which, more often than not, was technically correct on some level, yet completely irrelevant. I could tell you how job applications differentiate "white non-hispanic," and you would say "see$#@! it is a subset of white!"

To have fun with your favorite source wiki, here is the definition of "white hispanic":

White Hispanic and Latino Americans are citizens and residents of the United States who are racially White and ethnically Hispanic or Latino.

White American, itself an official U.S. racial category, refers to people "having origins in any of the original peoples of Europe, the Middle East, or North Africa" who reside in the United States.[17]

Based on the definitions created by the Office of Management and Budget and the U.S. Census Bureau, the concepts of race and ethnicity are mutually independent, and respondents to the census and other Census Bureau surveys are asked to answer both questions. Hispanicity is independent of race, and constitutes an ethnicity category, as opposed to a racial category. For the Census Bureau, Ethnicity distinguishes between those who report ancestral origins in Spain or Hispanic America (Hispanic and Latino Americans), and those who do not (Non-Hispanic Americans).[18][19] The U.S. Census Bureau asks each resident to report the "race or races with which they most closely identify."[20] See Non-Hispanic Whites for White Americans that do not report Hispanic or Latino origin.

Notice that the differentiation is race vs. ethnicity. Also, if you google 'white latino," you'll see no description of a mixed race. Until Zimmerman. Since it is a new use of the phrase, it is reasonable to assume that the media is using that phrase to keep the "white" part in the forefront.

So you know more about race classification than the US Census does. And I'm making an ass out of myself?

I also never said that there is not a breakdown between White (Caucasian) and White (Hispanic) because they are a significantly growing portion of our population. That doesn't mean they haven't always been considered White.

I'll ask again... are people from Spain white? If not, what are they?

I know it's a Wikipedia link but it's all footnoted if you would like to go check out the sources and see how the US government, and all classifications in the history of race categorization, consider Hispanics focking white.

Listen, faggut, I have to follow expressly written guidelines in reporting ethnicity to the federal, state, local government, external legal demands on Right To Know, and internal constructs. Oh, and the media. At no point are Latinos allowed to be included or sub grouped within Caucasian. We would be out of compliance with the law to group Latinos with Caucasians. Ethnicity is not about physical location. Russia is located in Asia. Are they Asians?

Also, did you know that "Hispanic" is currently considered a racist slur, and the government no longer uses it, or it is rapidly steering away from using it, when it comes to ethnicity data gathering? Audits, grants, subpoenas, and so many more needs to be filled have guidelines which are consistent with my data definitions. You are ill informed, sir. By all means, continue your jackassery. You assume me, like a retard running face first into a fire hydrant.

Nope you have it backwards...as usual.

When talking within the construct of racial divide (i.e. race relations or white versus black), within that context, the racial divide equals the ethnic divide of Caucasion versus African American. Latino is not in that conversation. Therefore trying to inject that by using a cleverly derived hybird term like White-Latino is intellectually dishonest.

You're just hiding behind semantics at this point.

I thought they were actually called White Hispanics, technically. :dunno:

This has obviously turned into a racial thing. I never said I thought that was good or legitimate. I actually said several times this whole thing is a focking mess. However I was responding to the outrage in this thread that the media is reporting that the guy was white. Because he is white. It's not semantics. He's actually considered white, as also denoted in the police report. He's also half real white, not fake Latino white.

What about this guy? The FBI says he is White (Hispanic). Are they race-baiting and trying to create a race war in the country? Or could it possibly be that they may know a little more about race classification than all the experts at the geek bored do?

Do I think that if Trayvon was a white teenager walking home from the store that the same chain of events may have happened? I'm not sure, but I lean towards probably not.

Do I think that race has a huge bearing on this case and that teenagers should be ripping up Walgreens and the New Black Panthers should be putting bounties on his head? Absolutely not.

But you guys are making this a race thing just as much as the media, or Al Sharpton, or anyone else that you are criticizing.

Sorry, I forgot that you weren't around during the torridjoe era. He would argue for pages on end about some minutia which, more often than not, was technically correct on some level, yet completely irrelevant. I could tell you how job applications differentiate "white non-hispanic," and you would say "see$#@! it is a subset of white!"

To have fun with your favorite source wiki, here is the definition of "white hispanic":

Notice that the differentiation is race vs. ethnicity. Also, if you google 'white latino," you'll see no description of a mixed race. Until Zimmerman. Since it is a new use of the phrase, it is reasonable to assume that the media is using that phrase to keep the "white" part in the forefront.

Sorry. I am still a little sensitive after NV called me a slvt. :(

As for your link... I am well aware of the difference between race and ethnicity and that's what I was trying to say. There are White Hispanics. There are also Black Hispanics. Hell I bet there are even Asian Hispanics. This guy is a White Hispanic. I am a little confused as to why there would be outrage in him being reported as such. Except for the constant scrutinizing of the biased media.

They originally reported that he was white. Then they changed it to White Latino. Both were actually factually correct. Should they have just called him a Beaner from the get go and this whole thing could have been avoided?

I thought they were actually called White Hispanics, technically. :dunno:

This has obviously turned into a racial thing. I never said I thought that was good or legitimate. I actually said several times this whole thing is a focking mess. However I was responding to the outrage in this thread that the media is reporting that the guy was white. Because he is white. It's not semantics. He's actually considered white, as also denoted in the police report. He's also half real white, not fake Latino white.

What about this guy? The FBI says he is White (Hispanic). Are they race-baiting and trying to create a race war in the country? Or could it possibly be that they may know a little more about race classification than all the experts at the geek bored do?

Do I think that if Trayvon was a white teenager walking home from the store that the same chain of events may have happened? I'm not sure, but I lean towards probably not.

Do I think that race has a huge bearing on this case and that teenagers should be ripping up Walgreens and the New Black Panthers should be putting bounties on his head? Absolutely not.

But you guys are making this a race thing just as much as the media, or Al Sharpton, or anyone else that you are criticizing.

If zimmerman was black the story would be much different. But he's not black, he's a reportedly non racist Latino. The fact he was listed as white in the police report has been stretched to a retarded degree.

Vetting his story and the evidence should be the same regardless of his color.

The tensions in that town stem from the sgt's kid getting off the hook for a drunken rage caught on tape, shameful but I don't think enough evidence to conclude the police dept has a race problem

If zimmerman was black the story would be much different. But he's not black, he's a reportedly non racist Latino. The fact he was listed as white in the police report has been stretched to a retarded degree.

Vetting his story and the evidence should be the same regardless of his color.

The tensions in that town stem from the sgt's kid getting off the hook for a drunken rage caught on tape, shameful but I don't think enough evidence to conclude the police dept has a race problem

I don't disagree with anything you said and I don't think I've said otherwise.

I don't disagree with anything you said and I don't think I've said otherwise.

But you characterize it as a white on black crime... And the overtones that come with it

nikki, i don't think anyone here is not interested in justice being served. the kid didn't deserve to be killed because of the color of his skin.

as to the media, they have been caught with their proverbial pants down on this one, as has sharpton, jackson, obama, the panthers, and the rest of the race-baiters cartoonies seeking a platform to gain votes this season. instead of sweeping this under the rug and allowing them off the hook to wait until their next opportunity, it's important that we call it what it is and let the media know they've lost whatever was left of their credibility and will be scrutinized until the bar gets raised to the point where they can be believed again.

the soros media is in the same category as the nba. it's a sideshow since the refs were caught cheating. wins and losses no longer matter to fans because we can't trust that the game wasn't thrown by the refs to cover a bet. i think that's where obama's lost his touch with reality. the country is catching on that he's the commissioner of a league full of cheaters and nobody's interested in his game any longer. he's become the globetrotters or pro wrestling.

Because ignoring race makes it go away, like Freddy Krueger.

You sir are a Grade A moron.

:overhead: You poor clueless *****! Do you think dropping the race card every time something negative happens to a black person helps? Go back and read about the boy who cried wolf.

The quicker we allow these losers to riot, the quicker we can move on. They are too lazy to riot for long.

Video of Zimmerman at the police station on the night of the murder is out. Doesn't much look like he had any injuries.

Video of Zimmerman at the police station on the night of the murder is out. Doesn't much look like he had any injuries.

Perhaps you missed the part of the story that said Zimmerman was treated at the scene BEFORE he was taken to the police station.

Also, I can see the gash on the back of his in the video.

nikki, i don't think anyone here is not interested in justice being served. the kid didn't deserve to be killed because of the color of his skin.

as to the media, they have been caught with their proverbial pants down on this one, as has sharpton, jackson, obama, the panthers, and the rest of the race-baiters cartoonies seeking a platform to gain votes this season. instead of sweeping this under the rug and allowing them off the hook to wait until their next opportunity, it's important that we call it what it is and let the media know they've lost whatever was left of their credibility and will be scrutinized until the bar gets raised to the point where they can be believed again.

the soros media is in the same category as the nba. it's a sideshow since the refs were caught cheating. wins and losses no longer matter to fans because we can't trust that the game wasn't thrown by the refs to cover a bet. i think that's where obama's lost his touch with reality. the country is catching on that he's the commissioner of a league full of cheaters and nobody's interested in his game any longer. he's become the globetrotters or pro wrestling.

POW!!!

Perhaps you missed the part of the story that said Zimmerman was treated at the scene BEFORE he was taken to the police station.

Also, I can see the gash on the back of his in the video.

No, I did catch that. I am only looking on a laptop, and saw it on a crappy hotel tv though. He just doesn't look like someone who had his head slammed on the ground, like some here have stated.

Would like to hear exactly how Trayvon was shot, like was it at close range, with an angle that would back up Zimmermans account.

No, I did catch that. I am only looking on a laptop, and saw it on a crappy hotel tv though. He just doesn't look like someone who had his head slammed on the ground, like some here have stated.

Would like to hear exactly how Trayvon was shot, like was it at close range, with an angle that would back up Zimmermans account.

On the news they said he was shot at or near point blank in the stomach/chest.

But that doesn't necessarily mean it is accurate since things seem to change daily. Hell, early on, MSNBC said he was shot in the back.