Sign in to follow this  
nobody

There is no way Demarco Murray lasts the season

I've never seen a guy go out of his way to have a collision like he did all night. On that long run where he knocked Tuck on his butt, he could have gained 10 more yards, but instead, he finds the closest blue jersey and tries to run him over. And that was just one instance.

Dude, it's ok to step out of bounds once in awhile.

You may be right, and i'm hoping he learns real fast to avoid that stuff. There were a few times if he would have put a minor move on instead of choosing to collide he could have broke it open.

Looks pretty darn good though for his 1st full game since the injury. :thumbsup:

More importantly, did you know that was your 19,000th post?

Maybe share the news with the wife? Crack open some bubbly?

Agree 100 percent no way he lasts all season. McFadden runs hard but I think he learned his lesson. No way Murray stats healthy running like he did tonight.

More importantly, did you know that was your 19,000th post?

Maybe share the news with the wife? Crack open some bubbly?

Im sure he would answer you if he wasnt currently in the middle of his 19,000th post threesome with his supermodel wife and her supermodel best friend.

more so than the long run, i remember about an 8 yard run on 2nd and 9 where he would have tried to avoid the defender and gained and extra 2-3 but he instead lowered his head and drove right into the guy, getting met and stood up.

Exact same thought watching that game -- seemed to want to finish every run by spearing the closest defender in the chest.

Im sure he would answer you if he wasnt currently in the middle of his 19,000th post threesome with his supermodel wife and her supermodel best friend.

wait a second...my wife is a supermodel and left last night because her "supermodel friend was having problems with her husband and needed someone to 'talk' to..." WTF???!!! :nono:

The one he broke to the outside was awesome though. He put his head down and knocked, I believe, Justin Tuck on his ass 2 yards back. He really has everything to be one of the top RB's and was making it happen on little to no running room. He is a stud, but yes, doesn't need to try and hit every defender he can and use that for only when he has to. Maybe the hate for the gmen is so great he was just trying to rock every player he could find.

I dunno, I've seen guys hurt themselves running out of bounds too. Stopping your momentum quickly after running out of bounds is rough on your ankles, and it's easy to slip just off the sidelines of a lot of fields.

Yeah, he was trucking guys all over. Maybe he just really needed to crack some heads after struggling to get much going in the first half. Perhaps unsustainable, but pretty impressive.

I was actually more impressed with his patience and vision behind that garbage OL.

The one 8 yard run where he put his head down and pounded the one guy in the secondary, started out with nowhere to go. There was a good camera angle during the replays from behind him and it was nothing but a wall of bodies and he managed to wait and find the one tiny little hole that eventually opened a crack, cut directly through while hopping over the legs of his OL.

more so than the long run, i remember about an 8 yard run on 2nd and 9 where he would have tried to avoid the defender and gained and extra 2-3 but he instead lowered his head and drove right into the guy, getting met and stood up.

As a non Murray owner, I'd have to say that this running style sure was fun to watch. I admire his willingness to go head first at a defender, but if he's facing guys that hit as hard as they did last night all season, this guy is not going to last long.

When you factor into account Murray is coming off a broken ankle, hasn't seen contact since Week 14 of last season, and was running behind an offensive line that had not practiced together all preseason long - I think he looked great. I'm sure he will look at the film and see some areas he needs to improve, avoiding contact among them. But so far he is already showing to be something special - fun to watch.

The probem with Murray , besides the injury risk, is that he wont score many TDs.

He had a great game yesterday but the Cowboys pass the ball in the red zone.

The probem with Murray , besides the injury risk, is that he wont score many TDs.

He had a great game yesterday but the Cowboys pass the ball in the red zone.

I had no clue he only scored 2 TDs last season. Good thing i drafted him in 2 out of my 3 leagues :D

I had no clue he only scored 2 TDs last season. Good thing i drafted him in 2 out of my 3 leagues :D

Either gonna pay off huge or bite you in the arse. I would be very concerned wirh his durability but anything can happen. I did enjoy drafting AP in the second of my keeper. Prob in the same boat with injury concerns.

He reminds me of a young Ahman Green the way he runs. Some people can run like that and their bodies can take it -- some can't -- ie. DMC runs like that his body can't take it - If DMC runs the fock out of bounds he could play 16 games

He reminds me of a young Ahman Green the way he runs. Some people can run like that and their bodies can take it -- some can't -- ie. DMC runs like that his body can't take it - If DMC runs the fock out of bounds he could play 16 games

:thumbsup:

I'm a Cowboys fan and I own Murray in my dynasty league, but I keep thinking he looks slow and plodding. Yet he keeps running by people.

He seems to have amazing patience and vision. Vision being the area I believe makes a RB great or ordinary.

:dunno:

I dunno, I've seen guys hurt themselves running out of bounds too. Stopping your momentum quickly after running out of bounds is rough on your ankles, and it's easy to slip just off the sidelines of a lot of fields.

:thumbsup:

In addition to the above, I'm sure he's been coached to drive forward and gain those extra yards, instead of dancing around and taking a hit to the side... which would increase the risk of taking an ankle or knee shot.

While Murray has good forward speed, I don't see incredible side to side quickness, particularly coming off a broken ankle.

I was pleased with his running style.

I'm a Cowboys fan and I own Murray in my dynasty league, but I keep thinking he looks slow and plodding. Yet he keeps running by people.

Really? Man not me - guess I owe that to seeing MBIII, Fat Felix, and Jules Jones run over the past few years. Murray looks like mercury out there compared to those guys.

Really? Man not me - guess I owe that to seeing MBIII, Fat Felix, and Jules Jones run over the past few years. Murray looks like mercury out there compared to those guys.

Felix looks like lightening compared to Murray. But Felix has the vision of a 10 year old pee wee RB. And even Julius looked quicker, at least his rookie year.

But obviously I am wrong as Murray keeps running by people. It's just my eyes playing tricks on me. I still think its his vision that makes him elite. He sees holes developing or on the backside. Whereas Felix was running right into the designed hole, there or not, regardless of any 5 foot wide holes that may be available 2 feet to his left or right.

I was down on Murray at our draft bc the oline is pitiful and i dont think romo makes it thru the season. But he looked pretty healthy but some of those collisions shouldve been avoided...

I had no clue he only scored 2 TDs last season.

Murray lead the team with 2 in 2011. Jones was the primary back in 2010, he had 1 rushing TD (Barber had 4).

This could be the biggest issue for FF owners who have Murray. Under Jason Garrett, Dallas has been a pass first team in the red-zone. The team totaled 5 rushing TD's last season.

Murray lead the team with 2 in 2011. Jones was the primary back in 2010, he had 1 rushing TD (Barber had 4).

This could be the biggest issue for FF owners who have Murray. Under Jason Garrett, Dallas has been a pass first team in the red-zone. The team totaled 5 rushing TD's last season.

Guy was running like a beast. Nice blend of speed and explosive power. I agree he'll need to tone back on the collisions for the sake of making it through 16 games, but it was fun to see him running rather violently.

I missed a lot of the game, but the hits I remember were what I would call "good" hits, where he turned into a defender who was about to tackle him and speared him in the chest. That of course inflicts pain on the defender, and IMO is no more of an injury threat than a guy dragging you down and landing on a limb.

If instead he was lowering his head and cracking skulls for the fun of it, then yeah I guess I should be concerned. :dunno:

Injuries can happen to anyone. As I watched the game I just wished I had him on my team. Looks like he is going to be top 5 for sure......IF HEALTHY

I sure hope so cause in my big money league I landed him with the last pick of the 2nd round. I got Foster with the 1st. Foster and Murray as my RB's ill take it :thumbsup:

If Murray is going to run like this, then it would be wise for the Cowboys to get other RBs involved so they could give him a break. The only other RB to get the ball was Vickers and it was only one time. Murray will not last 16 games if Cowboys don't give him a break!