Sign in to follow this  
montana

Favorite FF player of all time?

You know, the guy you always drafted. Year in, year out - you just HAD to have him....even if you might have to reach a little.

EZ Ed McCaffrey :pointstosky: 4-5 straight years.

Wasn't a Denver fan, but had a serious man crush on Ed.

Dorsey Levens is a close 2nd.

In the stud category, Terrell Davis. As for that guy I always seemed to own who was not necesarily targeted by others, it would have to be Todd Heap.

How can it not be Randy Moss? Guy came on an exploded right away, tearing up the league as he said he would. Scored what seemed like every week. And, he had more multi-TD games than you can shake a stick at. An absolute monster at WR. Had better stats than some starting RBs. Just amazing.

Priest Holmes had an amazing run too, as did Shaun Alexander.

Marshall Faulk with the rams.

How can it not be Randy Moss? Guy came on an exploded right away, tearing up the league as he said he would. Scored what seemed like every week. And, he had more multi-TD games than you can shake a stick at. An absolute monster at WR. Had better stats than some starting RBs. Just amazing.

Priest Holmes had an amazing run too, as did Shaun Alexander.

:thumbsup:

Way back when I went wr,wr with 12th pick in a 12 man league and got Moss and Torry Holt,needless to say that was a fun FF season.

Steve Young... Sentimental value here as he was my very first draft pick when my uncle introduced me to fantasy football in 1996... We won the championship that year, and needless to say I am now hooked for life.

:thumbsup:

Way back when I went wr,wr with 12th pick in a 12 man league and got Moss and Torry Holt,needless to say that was a fun FF season.

Dude, I had that same team. I wish I could remember everyone on it, but Moss and Holt were two. It was like, at the end of the season when you think about what the ultimate roster would've been, I had THAT team. I never lost. Nobody even came close to me.

Emmitt Smith was pretty ###### to own. I would add him to the list. Can't disagree with anyone mentioned so far. Priest was probably the most exciting to own.

I've been playing so damn long I have to add Barry Sanders to this list.

Without a doubt, my favorite has to be LEROY HOARD! That's right, you heard me, LEROY fricken HOARD.

If you played in a TD league in 98 or 99 you might know who I am talking about.

Kurt Warner for me. I drafted Trent green and he went down in preseason so I regretfully picked up the no name bag boy.

I drafted Warner consistently the rest of hi career and he rarely let me down and won me a title his first season.

I've been playing so damn long I have to add Barry Sanders to this list.

That guy would always go something like 10 carries for 18 yards at halftime and finish the game with 22 carries for 180 and a TD or 2.

Billy Volek! yup.

I had a middle of the pack fantasy team that barely squeaked into the playoffs and then... BILLY VOLEK went ape ah!at for the last 4 or 5 games of the year.

And I had taken Larry Johnson, Priest's backup, and LJ took over late in the season.

Volek and LJ came in late season to produce an unlikely championship.

All Time Stud: Marshall Faulk

Guy I always got in the mid to late rounds: Charlie Garner

edit: and yes, I realize that statistically, LT was the greatest fantasy player ever... but I'm trying to focus on players that I (frequently) had on my teams

big game torry holt. Took him as a late round flier in what i believe was his 2nd year. Doubted that i'd ever play him, but was forced to start him during injuries/ byes...

while he only caught 3 balls that game, i think they totalled for 170ish yards and 2TDs... he proceeded to blow up the rest of the year along with that entire rams offense.

I've got a 2 way tie between a little known backup and an oft injured WR in 1999. Kurt Warner and Isaac Bruce. Picked both up off of WW and won my league.

2nd place Larry Johnson the year he took over for an injured Priest. Won my league.

3rd place picked up Vick off of waivers 2 years ago. Won my league

Marshall Faulk is my all-time fav. Having him in the line-up sometimes meant outscoring your opponents entire starting backfield.

OG- Terry Allen, Tim Brown, Jerry Rice and Steve Young (Niner homer)

At different stretches, I always had Herman Moore, Cris Carter, Fred Taylor, Steve Smith (Car)

When I first started, I always had some combination of Jeff George, Barry Sanders, Carl Pickens, Darnay Scott, Napolean Kaufman

Good stuff

Marshall Faulk and Randy Moss

I can't even count how many teams I've had Moss on. The only season he let me down was 2010. I avoided him during his Raider days but he helped me win it all in 2007 with the Pats. Fred Taylor also played a big role in that championship, which helped me forget him burning me twice in his earlier, injury-prone days.

Marshall Faulk was really fun to own. Had him in my keeper league.

Then owned Brian Westbrook and Shaun Alexander at one time in the same keeper league. That was a hell of a lot more fun than this season (Chris Johnson, Forte, FJax, Bradshaw/D. Wilson, Jennings)

Marshall Faulk and Randy Moss

I can't even count how many teams I've had Moss on. The only season he let me down was 2010. I avoided him during his Raider days but he helped me win it all in 2007 with the Pats.

Had the 12th pick in a 12 man that season as well and went Brady and even though I almost called Moss' name I thought I'd best get a rb and my dumbass took Travis Henry :wall:

Daunte Culpepper in his first two years with Minnesota. I drafted him in his rookie year as my #1 QB after watching him in the preseason - don't remember what round it was, but I took him a lot earlier than he was projected. Got a lot of laughs from the other owners, but I finished #1 that year.

Also, drafted Randy Moss his rookie year well ahead of his projected round - that worked out for me pretty well!

I remember Bernie Parmalee from the mid to late 1990's - I think one year he was on about 6 different FF teams in our league. He kept getting picked up to fill in for bye weeks/injury situations and would get cut a week or two later.

one year Fred Taylor got hurt (yeah, shocker, I know) and James Stewart took over for him in the second half... Stewie got me a championship that year, 11th round gold.

Recently for me it has been Adrian Peterson, the injury actually means I got him on several teams this year and am fairly giddy about it.

That said he is sitting on the bench this week.

Not a stud or anything, but I swear for about 4-5 years in a row the player I always drafted for some reason was the original DJax. Darrel Jackson.

QBs - Warner, Romo, Volek, Favre, Gannon, C. Miller

RBs - Alexander, Holmes, LT, Faulk, E. Smith, T. Thomas, B. Sanders, R. Smith - MIN, E. James, B. Westbrook (but maddening - ALWAYS questionable!), E. George, Watters, B. Foster, Dillon, Garner, L. Centers (FB)

WRs - Rice, Moss, Harrison, T. Brown, Drew Bennett! (Volek connection), A. Rison, J. Smith, K. McCardell, C. Carter, J. Horn, A. Reed, J. Lofton, Key. Johnson, H. Moore, B. Perriman, A. Johnson, D. Boston, A. Freeman, B. Blades, McCaffrey, R. Smith, St. Sharpe, Pickens

TEs - Gonzo, Gates, Gronk, Chmura, Sh. Sharpe

Some of my favorites over my 20+ year of FF. I started in 1991, with a league run by Wall Street Games - co-sponsored by USA Today and Champion sportswear. :pointstosky:

Not a stud either but I've easily drafted Carson Palmer more than any other player in my fantasy football history. I think I overvalue him every single year.

I've also had Nate Burleson on my team way too much.

Randy Moss.

My first serious season of FF, he put up like 38 on me in like week 4. I traded for him the following week and he carried me to the title game before I ultimately lost.

I've played a combined 24 seasons since then I believe, and he has been on my roster on at least 18 of those teams I bet. That could very well be low actually. That extends to this day as he is on my bench in all 3 of my leagues.

I have never had more fun watching a player. Honorable mention to Clinton Portis. While I haven't owned him as much obviously, I was pretty FF obsessed with him for that 4-5 years he was elite.

When I played in leagues with an IDP I would always draft Bobby Boucher. Guy was a beast when he got pissed off.