Sign in to follow this  
montana

Doug Mutha Fockin Martin

Nope...he deserves multiple threads!

When I stepped away I was down by 75 points. Now I'm within about 30-35 points with Ryan, Julio, Graham, & Maclin yet to play. He single handedly saved the day.

I've NEVER seen that many fantasy points from a rb.... Nuts.

The only one close (I don't have the numbers nor the game) was LT. He had something like 46pts one year. -standard scoring

Dude. Martin goes from a low-end No. 1 running back to a low-end No. 2. Crushing blow for Nicks, for Martin owners and for the Buccaneers.

Remind me not to pay attention to Matthew Berry anymore. Thank God I wasn't playing this monster today ... that said, 51 points ain't bad for a "low end No. 2". :bandana:

I'd also like to say "IN YOUR FACE" to a few of you that kicked me in the balls in August when I said that I was seriously thinking about taking TRich & Dougie as my RB 1&2....trust me, when I have time I'll dig it up.

Grab the ketchup fellas, sch!t sandwich is on the way.

I've NEVER seen that many fantasy points from a rb.... Nuts.

The only one close (I don't have the numbers nor the game) was LT. He had something like 46pts one year. -standard scoring

The PREVIOUS record in our leage (10th season) was 50 by AP in week nine of 2007. Martin just scored 57.2 (.5 ppr)

I'd also like to say "IN YOUR FACE" to a few of you that kicked me in the balls in August when I said that I was seriously thinking about taking TRich & Dougie as my RB 1&2....trust me, when I have time I'll dig it up.

Grab the ketchup fellas, sch!t sandwich is on the way.

I did that and have my keepers for a few years :headbanger:

Played Mcgahee over him. :ninja: FOCK ME SIDEWAYS!!!!!

Have you beat. Friend sat him last week for Morris and Lynch. TB loses key run-blocker...friend does it again this week. Total points league also, so that was about 72 points. To his credit he hasn't cut his wrists yet.

Traded Alex Smith QB

Evan Royster RB

Doug Martin RB

7. BEEK BEEK STRONG!

Tony Romo QB

Jonathan Stewart RB

Shonn Greene RB

Thu Sep 13 12:00 am ET

traded for him in week 2 i'm a genius!! :banana: :banana:

The PREVIOUS record in our leage (10th season) was 50 by AP in week nine of 2007. Martin just scored 57.2 (.5 ppr)

He had 51 in my league, tied for 3rd all time with Corey Dillon in 1997. Portis has the record of 54 in 2003. Alexander is second with 53 in 2002.

Still awesome to see such a great performance. Especially when I wasn't playing against him. :cheers:

Traded him away 4 weeks ago and my stomach has been turning ever since. NEVER saw this coming!!

Took him in the 4th round of my draft and loving it. Thought season was on the skids with MJD going down and Romo being Romo, but may be in first place after this week. Hell Yeah!

Traded him away 4 weeks ago and my stomach has been turning ever since. NEVER saw this coming!!

I'm right there with you. He was playing small the first couple of weeks.

So far worst trade I've ever made.

I got D. Thomas but still...

:banana: :banana:

3 weeks ago I offered Doug Martin for Ryan Mathews

3 weeks ago I offered Doug Martin for Jamaal Charles

3 weeks ago I offered Doug Martin for Demarco Murray

all in my 3 man keeper league, and all 3 were declined.

3 weeks ago I offered Doug Martin for Ryan Mathews

3 weeks ago I offered Doug Martin for Jamaal Charles

3 weeks ago I offered Doug Martin for Demarco Murray

all in my 3 man keeper league, and all 3 were declined.

It's an epidemic. People are so freaking scared to accept trades it's silly. I offered rg3 AND Alfred Morris for cj0k after week 2 and it was declined!

Just been sticking with him week after week, paying off now. This week just blew the :pointstosky: up!

D. Martin RB TB 42 @ OAK 32 (F) 251 RuYd, 4 RuTD (45,67,70,1), 21 ReYd, 4 Recpt, 25 RuAtt 77

Thats how many points he went for in my league. Along with Marshall and Decker, not a bad day. Have Julio going but he's being pretty much handled. Still have Brees and Celek tomorrow. Might be the first to eclipse 300 pts in a game!

3 rushing td's over 45 yds in a game -never been done since at least 1940. :shocking:

New franchise rushing record 251 yds in a game.

and joined Denver's Mike Anderson as the only backs with at least 250 yards rushing

and four TDs in a single game.

In his last season with Denver, Portis has 240 yards and 5 TDs. Making it even cooler was that it was during the FF playoffs.

I remember it vividly because I owned him and a few days later found myself on drugs in a dance club (in Fort Worth, Texas), and I totally convinced myself the crowd was chanting "Clinton Portis" to a techno beat. I believed it. It made sense to me. The next day I sobered up and realized this was very unlikely.

So the lesson is, if out at a club tonight and you think the crowd is doing a Doug Martin chant, you may have accidentally taken ecstasy.

OUCH! Would never trust the Norv factor

A few weeks ago when I spoke about the trade offer this whole board was suggesting I accept it before the guy realized someone was on his computer.

In his last season with Denver, Portis has 240 yards and 5 TDs. Making it even cooler was that it was during the FF playoffs.

I remember it vividly because I owned him and a few days later found myself on drugs in a dance club (in Fort Worth, Texas), and I totally convinced myself the crowd was chanting "Clinton Portis" to a techno beat. I believed it. It made sense to me. The next day I sobered up and realized this was very unlikely.

So the lesson is, if out at a club tonight and you think the crowd is doing a Doug Martin chant, you may have accidentally taken ecstasy.

Owned Portis when he did that, and own Martin now in same league. I broke my own record I think

It's an epidemic. People are so freaking scared to accept trades it's silly. I offered rg3 AND Alfred Morris for cj0k after week 2 and it was declined!

This year was particularly bad for me on the trade front. My trade deadline ended about a 1 1/2 weeks ago and not a single trade I offered got accepted this year in four leagues, at least not the first time I offered it. I probably offered 50+ over the course of the year.

The trades I did get done: (first player/group is one I received; second player/group is one I dealt)

1) DeMarco Murray for Luck (had Ryan, wanted a RB3)

2) Donald Brown for Pierre (like Brown's second-half schedule, but I only added him for depth) With injuries to Sproles, D-Mac, Goodson and T-Rich on a bye, Week 10 may have just become a nightmare in this league.

3) T-Rich/Martin/Tamme for CJ2K/MJD/Heath Miller

I suppose (1) was one I offered, but I couldn't convince an 0-5 team at the time with QB issues to part with Alfred Morris, so I settled for Murray mostly b/c of a good bye-week matchup on Foster's bye and a Week 16 showdown vs. NO. I had to convince (2) to take the deal even though he was trotting out Mendenhall-Hardesty-A Brown and didn't have a single starting RB at the time. (3) was actually offered to me, I told him I didn't want it but left it up b/c I wanted to ponder it. I accepted it on the Friday before MJD got hurt.

Drafted him in the third round. Was ridiculed by those that were pissed off that they diddn't land him.

Who would you trade him for if you needed a WR and were good at RB and could part with him?

For some that suggest to "Sell High", it does not get much higher that this.

On a side note, some serious inflation going on in some of your leagues... Are TDS worth like 9 pts?

This might be the year after so many I win this thing! My three headed monster of AP, Gore and Martin in the flex on a PPR league has me sitting pretty and poised to make a run! :pointstosky:

For some that suggest to "Sell High", it does not get much higher that this.

On a side note, some serious inflation going on in some of your leagues... Are TDS worth like 9 pts?

one of my leagues, TD's over 40 yards are worth 10 pts, TD's over 60 are worth 12 pts, we get 3 pt bonus for 100 yards rushing or rec, and another 5 pts at 200

Martin had

12+12+10+6 (4td's) 40 pts

251 yards rushing for 25.1 pts

100 and 200 yard bonuses for 8 pts

4 catches for 4pts

21 yards for 2.1

79.1 total points today, shattering the all time record