Sign in to follow this  
Kanil

Please vote for my wife's wish...

Fortunately for me it's not for a better husband...

This is a site that's going to grant 15 wishes for small businesses. My wife and I just relocated and she's trying to get her business built up again at our new location. Part of that is trying to develop an online presence but she's stuck competing against the Sylvan Learning Centers and Linda Mood Bells of the world.

She does one on one reading and literacy development for kids (and some adults) that have fallen behind the curve (and for a fraction of what these large businesses charge). She's very good at what she does and can normally bump a kid 2-4 grade levels in 40 hours of work.

Please follow the link to https://www.loveourlocalbusiness.com/, search for "Reading Tree", click on Reading Tree Literacy Development, and then vote for her wish. I realize that she doesn't have much of a chance versus some of the other wishes that already have thousands of votes but every vote she can get would help.

Thanks!

Fortunately for me it's not for a better husband...

This is a site that's going to grant 15 wishes for small businesses. My wife and I just relocated and she's trying to get her business built up again at our new location. Part of that is trying to develop an online presence but she's stuck competing against the Sylvan Learning Centers and Linda Mood Bells of the world.

She does one on one reading and literacy development for kids (and some adults) that have fallen behind the curve (and for a fraction of what these large businesses charge). She's very good at what she does and can normally bump a kid 2-4 grade levels in 40 hours of work.

Please follow the link to https://www.loveourlocalbusiness.com/, search for "Reading Tree", click on Reading Tree Literacy Development, and then vote for her wish. I realize that she doesn't have much of a chance versus some of the other wishes that already have thousands of votes but every vote she can get would help.

Thanks!

Take this to thechive.com, thousands and thousands of daily visitors that love plugging something like this. Seriously, contact them. Good luck. Oh, and voted. :thumbsup:

I voted because I am a decent person that supports my fellow geeks.

However, no mention of a can size? Makes it hard to feel good about my vote.

I voted because I am a decent person that supports my fellow geeks.

However, no mention of a can size? Makes it hard to feel good about my vote.

See the thread title... :cheers:

See the thread title... :cheers:

Ahh. The mobile version of this board doesn't show the sub topic title.

Now I feel better about giving her my vote, as that is a worthy can size. :thumbsup:

Good cause, I gave her my vote. :thumbsup:

I have contacts at some good web development companies and the top SEO company in AZ (trying to get these guys to buy my own stuff at the moment) if she is able to get funding.

That being said, I think she would get some better traction from old fashioned networking. I would check out meetup.com for local networking groups, as well as some chambers of commerce.

Good luck.

i agree with jerryskids, i think its gonna be alot of word of mouth until she gets a clientele. actually i think its takes a clientele to get word of mouth. hmmm.

Good cause, I gave her my vote. :thumbsup:

I have contacts at some good web development companies and the top SEO company in AZ (trying to get these guys to buy my own stuff at the moment) if she is able to get funding.

That being said, I think she would get some better traction from old fashioned networking. I would check out meetup.com for local networking groups, as well as some chambers of commerce.

Good luck.

She's doing a lot of that now. Has joined a few different local groups and has started getting in the door of some of the private schools here (public won't refer out). Thank you guys for the support. She checked about 20 minutes after posting and was at 21 votes and got a little giddy.

Take this to thechive.com, thousands and thousands of daily visitors that love plugging something like this. Seriously, contact them. Good luck. Oh, and voted. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the tip. I'll check it out.

She's doing a lot of that now. Has joined a few different local groups and has started getting in the door of some of the private schools here (public won't refer out). Thank you guys for the support. She checked about 20 minutes after posting and was at 21 votes and got a little giddy.

Back door? :music_guitarred:

Bacon Tree > Reading Tree

Sorry dude.

Done :thumbsup: Good luck :cheers:

Done

Do I need to be a Facebooker or tweeter to do this?

I can't seem to do much of anything on the site. :dunno:

Do I need to be a Facebooker or tweeter to do this?

I can't seem to do much of anything on the site. :dunno:

No, on the first page there is a search button and her business was the first result for me when I searched "reading tree".

I just voted again, because it said you can vote once per day and I'm an awesome person.

Up to 66 votes BTW. :thumbsup:

Bacon Tree > Reading Tree

Sorry dude.

wait... there's a bacon tree? Changing my vote!

Or FBG... Seriously...

Or FBG... Seriously...

Another good one... seriously, spread the word.

wait... there's a bacon tree? Changing my vote!

eees a Ham Bush bro - don't go fallin' for no Bacon Tree

done 97

She shoulda wished for more wishes.

Or bigger t!ts !

Voted again for today, at 123. Let's keep voting! :thumbsup: