Sign in to follow this  
BLS

Zimmerman - Guilty of Murder or Self Defense

You're on the jury  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Is Zimmerman Guilty of Murder (in YOUR mind)?

• Yes, he murdered that boy.
    • No, he acted in self defense.
    • Guilty of manslaughter (or involuntary manslaughter).

You sure? I'd like to make good on it somehow. I'd say I'd take you out drinking but I may not be back in Minnesota for some time.

How about I send you a souvenir from my neck of the woods? I'll try to make it not suck :cheers:

Sounds good!

Cool. PM me a mailing addy :thumbsup:

in bound!

If you believe you are in fear of death or great bodily harm.

It's got to be a little more black and white (if you'll pardon the pun) than that.

Just because someone THINKS that doesn't mean it IS.

For instance: you focked my girlfriend last week. You may not think I know about it but you know me to be a badasss and you do worry. I see you on the street and even though I don't know you focked her, I decide to mess with your head cause we know each other. I walk past you and then grab you in a bear hug. You're sure I'm going to do great bodily harm BUT I'm just playing. You pull your gun and shoot me dead THINKING you just saved your own life. But it wasn't the case.

You gonna let that type killing slide just because you THOUGHT I was gonna do great bodily harm? ? ? ?

Lesson learned. Don't pick fights with a gun carrying a gun.

Justice prevailed this time.

You're right man. Justice was served, based on the evidence, and how the laws in FL are written.

It still doesn't make it right though. And I guess that's where I make the the left turn. People like remote controller saying he was a punk, who deserved what he got. Punk or not... nobody deserves to die, when they're walking home, minding their own business. And anyone who stalks a guy, then pulls a gun when he gets his bell rung is a punk b1tch. That's not self defense, if you got balls between your legs. Self defense is when someone breaks into your house, tries to mug you, attacks your wife or kids, etc. In those cases, by all means... load them with lead.

This is one case where the letter of the law does not = justice.

:thumbsup:

Much more eloquently stated than my rambling post above.

Looks like the fukktards at the DOJ are not done sticking their nose into this one. :thumbsdown:

Justice Dept: Zimmerman case under review

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The Justice Department says it is looking into the shooting death of Trayvon Martin to determine whether federal prosecutors should file criminal civil rights charges now that George Zimmerman has been acquitted in the state case.

The department opened an investigation into Martin's death last year but stepped aside to allow the state prosecution to proceed.

In a statement Sunday, the Justice Department said the criminal section of the civil rights division, the FBI and the U.S. Attorney's office for the Middle District of Florida are continuing to evaluate the evidence generated during the federal probe, in addition to the evidence and testimony from the state trial.

The statement said that, in the government's words, "experienced federal prosecutors will determine whether the evidence reveals a prosecutable violation."

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_NEIGHBORHOOD_WATCH_JUSTICE_DEPT_?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2013-07-14-16-02-34

It's got to be a little more black and white (if you'll pardon the pun) than that.

For instance: you focked my girlfriend last week. You may not think I know about it but you know me to be a badasss and you do worry. I see you on the street and even though I don't know you focked her, I decide to mess with your head cause we know each other. I walk past you and then grab you in a bear hug. You're sure I'm going to do great bodily harm BUT I'm just playing. You pull your gun and shoot me dead THINKING you just saved your own life. But it wasn't the case.

You gonna let that type killing slide just because you THOUGHT I was gonna do great bodily harm? ? ? ?

If I'm in IMMEDIATE fear for my life (immediate legally translates to 'means and opportunity'), regardless of what your TRUE intentions are, that burden is not put on me.

I'll give you a more realistic situation....

I'm walking downtown in Minneapolis after catching a concert. It's late, not many people are out, and I'm alone. Someone comes up from behind me, pulls out a gun (I can barely see it's a gun in the darkness), and says "Give me your wallet". Am I in fear for my life? Is the threat immediate? Then I can shoot him. Period.

So I shoot said bad guy, and it turns out the gun wasn't real, but a plastic gun, but it looks real in the dark. Am I in trouble with the law because he really didn't have a weapon?

If you came up to me, bear hugged me and I truly believed you had the intentions of killing or harming me greatly, I will shoot you.

If you don't want to get shot, don't bear hug people who are armed; especially when I cannot determine your intentions.

You're right man. Justice was served, based on the evidence, and how the laws in FL are written.

It still doesn't make it right though. And I guess that's where I make the the left turn. People like remote controller saying he was a punk, who deserved what he got. Punk or not... nobody deserves to die, when they're walking home, minding their own business. And anyone who stalks a guy, then pulls a gun when he gets his bell rung is a punk b1tch. That's not self defense, if you got balls between your legs. Self defense is when someone breaks into your house, tries to mug you, attacks your wife or kids, etc. In those cases, by all means... load them with lead.

I'll agree there was a WHOLE lot of dumb involved. Nothing will make it 'right'.

But if it makes you feel any better, GZ is gonna live in fear the rest of his life, and probably will never be able to find a job.

Your clarification of self-defense is incorrect though.

Now, had George Zimmerman attacked or threatened TM with a gun, and he fought in fear for his life, then it's murder, period.

But the facts of the case don't indicate that was what transpired IMO.

If I'm in IMMEDIATE fear for my life (immediate legally translates to 'means and opportunity'), regardless of what your TRUE intentions are, that burden is not put on me.

I'll give you a more realistic situation....

I'm walking downtown in Minneapolis after catching a concert. It's late, not many people are out, and I'm alone. Someone comes up from behind me, pulls out a gun (I can barely see it's a gun in the darkness), and says "Give me your wallet". Am I in fear for my life? Is the threat immediate? Then I can shoot him. Period.

So I shoot said bad guy, and it turns out the gun wasn't real, but a plastic gun, but it looks real in the dark. Am I in trouble with the law because he really didn't have a weapon?

If you came up to me, bear hugged me and I truly believed you had the intentions of killing or harming me greatly, I will shoot you.

If you don't want to get shot, don't bear hug people who are armed; especially when I cannot determine your intentions.

Ok if someone shoots and kills you or a member of your family and says they truly thought they were going to be harmed and it was all a misunderstanding, just remember THAT is fine with you.

Ok if someone shoots and kills you or a member of your family and says they truly thought they were going to be harmed and it was all a misunderstanding, just remember THAT is fine with you.

where the hell did you come up with that?

It has to be a reasonable fear. When there's question about whether the fear was reasonable you send it to a jury. In this case the evidence does not support that Zimmerman fearing great bodily harm was unreasonable so this case should not have gone to a jury. And when it did they made the right decision in light of the evidence.

where the hell did you come up with that?

Three posts above your last reply.

You are saying if you fear for your life or great bodily harm whether it is or isn't, you'll shoot the m'fer. So if it happens the other way around you must be ok with it. Or do you just see things ONE WAY. I take it you do.

It has to be a reasonable fear. When there's question about whether the fear was reasonable you send it to a jury. In this case the evidence does not support that Zimmerman fearing great bodily harm was unreasonable so this case should not have gone to a jury. And when it did they made the right decision in light of the evidence.

I agree BUT I'd rather not have a jury decide stuff like that. It can go either way.

I'd rather know black and white what the law is.

I agree BUT I'd rather not have a jury decide stuff like that. It can go either way.

Every set of circumstances is different. There's no way to define it that granually.

Pretty much why we have juries.

If the cops and DAs believe it's self defense, it's (generally) not going to go to a jury.

Zimmerman didn't get arrested or charged at first because the locals believed it was self defense. It wasn't until outside political pressure was applied that it was brought to a jury.

Three posts above your last reply.

You are saying if you fear for your life or great bodily harm whether it is or isn't, you'll shoot the m'fer. So if it happens the other way around you must be ok with it. Or do you just see things ONE WAY. I take it you do.

Are you a Peenie alias? Cuz damn, dude.

Read it out loud if it helps.

"Reasonably in immediate fear of death or great bodily harm for yourself or another"

Double jeopardy

.?

It's not double jeopardy if the Feds charge him. IIRC the rationale is that it's a different sovereign.

Anyway I hope the Feds don't charge him--he was judged by a competent jury and there's no need to have a different jury take a second crack.

I live in central Florida near Sanford. I was in a local establishment when the verdict came down. The restaurant erupted in cheerful delight at the verdict. Justice was served. :thumbsup:

The Justice Department said Sunday that it will review the George Zimmerman case for possible civil rights violations, after a jury acquitted the Florida neighborhood watch volunteer in the fatal shooting of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin.

As Zimmerman's attorney cautioned that his client's safety is at risk, the Justice Department responded to appeals from NAACP President Benjamin Todd Jealous and several lawmakers to keep investigating the defendant.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/07/14/naacp-asking-obama-administration-to-pursue-zimmerman-civil-case/#ixzz2Z4MY57GD

he can go back to being Hispanic now

lol!!

my uncle is a DA in los angeles. he defends police officers who have shot citizens.

he wasn't surprised at all by the not guilty verdict.

he said that he has been in cases where there was far less evidence and the person was found not guilty.

you just can't win being black in the united states.

if trayvon had run away faster, zimmerman would've said, "he was running so i thought he was stealing. he was obviously guilty if he was running."

that has been the excuse police officers have given for decades for shooting unarmed blacks.

cops have shot and killed black men because when they raised their hands they had keys, cell phone or wallet and the police have claimed that they thought they were carrying a gun.

just kiss your white skin tonight and be glad it affords you the right to walk around without being labeled a thug.

lol!!

my uncle is a DA in los angeles. he defends police officers who have shot citizens.

he wasn't surprised at all by the not guilty verdict.

he said that he has been in cases where there was far less evidence and the person was found not guilty.

you just can't win being black in the united states.

if trayvon had run away faster, zimmerman would've said, "he was running so i thought he was stealing. he was obviously guilty if he was running."

that has been the excuse police officers have given for decades for shooting unarmed blacks.

in nyc, cops have shot and killed black men because when they raised their hands they had keys, cell phone or wallet and the police have claimed that they thought they were carrying a gun.

just kiss your white skin tonight and be glad it affords you the right to walk around without being labeled a thug.

Quite possibly the most racist post you have ever made here. Congrats on that :thumbsup:

Quite possibly the most racist post you have ever made here. Congrats on that :thumbsup:

oh right...like didn't half of you assume blacks would riot if a not guilty verdict was given.

how wrong and racist was that??

i don't care if you think i'm racist.

you know darn well if i didn't like whites i wouldn't be on this website.

even though many of you are intolerant, i still enjoy coming here, despite this sad outcome.

Been thinking about this:

I was in a similar situation months back. New to the neighborhood. Everybody's nosy. And for some reason, TERRIFIED about their mail being stolen. They don't even put outgoing mail in the OGM box.

It was cold and sloppy out. I had on a dark long sleeve henley, ratty zeans and a stocking cap.

damned if some focker didn't sit in his SUV at the opening to the cul de sac and watch me get the mail the entire time.

Was I put out? Yeah. I wanted to confront the focker - But I didn't.

On the other hand, if I HAD done so and that jerkoff got into a physical altercation with me - and then pulled out a gun because he was getting his ass beat - I'd consider him a giant puussy.

So, end of the day:

TM: Showed very poor judgement. But didn't deserve to die from it.

GZ: Like most gun owners, thought the gun made him invincible. And he damn near got beat down for it. The only thing that saved him was the gun. He's forking puussy to be sure.

Both parties were in the wrong:

TM shouldn't have thugged out - and merely asked if there is something he can do for the Zimm or what the problem is - in the most innocent way possible. Show that you're not a threat. We can surmise how he approached Zimm based upon his comments to McGilla Gorrilla.

GZ should have gotten back in his car like he was instructed. It's not illegal not to though. He'll suffer civil consequences because of it, but should not have suffered criminal charges.

Still, if you consider it a 'push' - GZ had more years on him, more training and someone talking in his ear telling him the right thing to do. If anybody was 'more wrong', IMHO, it was GZ. But I think the jury got it right legally.

oh right...like didn't half of you assume blacks would riot if a not guilty verdict was given.

how wrong and racist was that??

Well, 'you people' HAVE kinda earned that reputation...

Decent white people only riot when our sports teams win shiit.

Incorrect.

Following somebody does not = being violently attacked. Too bad the NAACP doesn't understand that it should work harder at limiting the violence of its members rather than condoning it.

Incorrect.

Following somebody does not = being violently attacked. Too bad the NAACP doesn't understand that it should work harder at limiting the violence of its members rather than condoning it.

Amen brother, amen.

I think if Obummer's DOJ goes after Zimm in any meaningful way, BO will lose what few remaining shreds of support he has outside of the hood.

Given the number of F' ups on the part of the DOJ under BO and the number of free passes the DOJ has given for major forking crimes against the country, going after this guy on an at best marginal case would be absolutely insane.

But hey, it's not like he's running for anything anymore. He'll just live up to the narrative already written: An out of control Knee-Grow pushing his own personal agenda.

But what he has to realize is he's got a LOT more at stake; What he does in his remaining time may very well determine if we see another black President in this century.

Too bad they couldn't have found him guilty of being a focking pvssy... with the sentence being: cutting his nose off, so he has to walk around with a giant snatch on his face. Just like the Micmac Indians used to do. :ninja:

Too bad they couldn't have found him guilty of being a focking ######... with the sentence being: cutting his nose off, so he has to walk around with a giant snatch on his face. Just like the Micmac Indians used to do. :ninja:

You could ask him for a reverse piggy-back ride.

That way, he's still have the giant snatch on his face.

You could ask him for a reverse piggy-back ride.

That way, he's still have the giant snatch on his face.

:nono:

He'd prolly shoot me outta fear for his life.

:nono:

He'd prolly shoot me outta fear for his life.

As big as you are who would blame him.

i never saw any coverage of this trial so can someone answer this:

what bushes did trayvon hide in?

wasn't that zimmerman's story, that trayvon hid in the bushes?