Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Leonardo DiCaprio's best acting role thus far.

The man is a wonderful actor that has slayed him some incredible puntang.

What do you think his best acting role has been thus far?

Blood Diamond?

Shutter Island?

The Departed?

What say ye?

No option for Inception? I'll go write-in.

I was listing my favorites. The entire list is open for debate. Inception is another good one.

He was a pretty convincing retard. :thumbsup:

forget Recliner Pilot, what is your opinion on Leo?

Basketball Diaries. While Departed was my Favorite Leo flick and even though he was young when he did BD I think it weas actually his best work.

I am pretty sure DiCaprio is #1 actor at least currently. At least if you look at the combination of acting skill and box office appeal. If just going by pure acting skill. It would be DDL as the #1 and it isn't even close.

I am pretty sure DiCaprio is #1 actor at least currently. At least if you look at the combination of acting skill and box office appeal. If just going by pure acting skill. It would be DDL as the #1 and it isn't even close.

I have yet to see Lincoln, but I agree with you that he is the best pure actor in the world right now.

I'm gonna give a shout out to Gangs of New York as well. Leo's performance was overshadowed by the otherworldly performance by Daniel Day Lewis as Bill the Butcher. Still, Leo more than held his own in that film.

I'm gonna give a shout out to Gangs of New York as well. Leo's performance was overshadowed by the otherworldly performance by Daniel Day Lewis as Bill the Butcher. Still, Leo more than held his own in that film.

Any film DDL is in he dominates any other actor in it. Not Leo's fault being dominated by one of the greatest actors of all time. (which is tough as DDL has only stared in maybe 12 movies) -- Leo was great in the movie as well.

Gilbert Grape and The Departed are the only good DiCaprio performances I've seen, otherwise he's just average IMO.

Gilbert Grape and The Departed are the only good DiCaprio performances I've seen, otherwise he's just average IMO.

I agree. He's a good actor, not a great actor. Didn't buy him as Howard Hughes at all.

I never really thought he was good actor unil Blood Diamond. I thought he nailed the role and the accent.

I'd have to go with What's Eating Gilbert Grape but he was also great as was Robert DeNiro in This Boy's Life

Depp seems to be up near the top lately. Read where he was the highest paid actor in 2012.

Depp seems to be up near the top lately. Read where he was the highest paid actor in 2012.

Depp's last film The Lone Ranger absolutely bombed and the couple before that didn't do so well.

Growing Pains. Epic performances.

Wildly underrated in "This Boy's Life" with DeNiro

Haven't seen any of those movies.

:o

Posty?

I thought he was outstanding in "Catch Me if you Can" and also good in "Body of Lies". Outstanding in Blood Diamond

Depp's last film The Lone Ranger absolutely bombed and the couple before that didn't do so well.

That's what I was thinking, depp is in the second tier of actors anymore.

I think he's been pretty good in almost everything.

The only time he stunk was when the movie just plain sucked, a la Blood Diamond or J Edgar.

Saw previews for his new one this last weekend

The only summer flick left I am looking forward too

The only time he stunk was when the movie just plain sucked, a la Blood Diamond or J Edgar.

Did you see Blood Diamond? Maybe not the most entertaining but it hardly sucked.

Did you see Blood Diamond? Maybe not the most entertaining but it hardly sucked.

Sucked may have been a bit strong, but it was definitely very "meh"

He's been nominated only twice as a leading actor in his career, Blood Diamond and Aviator

He's been nominated only twice as a leading actor in his career, Blood Diamond and Aviator

Aviator was also subpar. A complete ripoff of Citizen Kane right down to Rosebud :thumbsdown:

What's Eating Gilbert Grape......he went full retard.....

Dude was phenomenal in Blood Diamond, I've never met anyone who thought otherwise. Interesting that some think his performance was average in that movie.

Dude was phenomenal in Blood Diamond, I've never met anyone who thought otherwise. Interesting that some think his performance was average in that movie.

:thumbsup:

and it made me :cry:

I vote for django. He was a great villain.

Agreed.

It wasn't until then that I ever appreciated what a great actor he is.

Agreed.

It wasn't until then that I ever appreciated what a great actor he is.

I always thought he was Meh until after I saw Departed then I realized he really is pretty good.

we should do a best male actor thing. you know , nominations, brackets and whatnot. only living ones.