Sign in to follow this  
Bobbyn2022

Post your favorite Player that you think will breakout

It doesn't have to be a super sleeper just a guy you think will get drafted later then he should but will do much better then where he's being drafted.

I think Nelson could bounce back. He was hurt last year and people are forgetting about him. I also think Murray will stay healthy and score double digit TDs.

• Like 1

I like Antonio Brown's adp at the moment. He seems to be drafted around the 25th wr or so, which to me is great value. With Mike Wallace leaving he clearly becomes Big Ben's top target. Last year he had a very up and down year but did finish the season with 4 straight games with a td. I don't think 75/1100/8 is out of the question, and for your no.2 or no.3 wr that is exceptional.

Dwayne Bowe - a 4th round WR who I think will perform like a 2nd round WR. KC going pass happy?

Shane Vereen - a 6rh round RB (i.e. #3RB) who I think will perform like a #2 RB. NE loves short range targets and Vereen is one of the only ones left. Showed flashes of game breaking ability last year and not sure that Ridley is out of the fumble dog-house.

David Wilson - young guy with game-breaking ability. Good chance he's a first rounder after this year. If he doesn't fumble, he's gold.

Tony Romo - maybe he isn't clutch, but he throws A LOT and he has targets aplenty - despite his terrible TD/INT #s last year, he still had almost 5000 yards. I just think he's being overlooked based on his choker reputation.

As a Reggie Bush owner in two leagues last year, I'll say Lamaar Miller breaks out this year.

Every time he got a few carries, I thought they were going to keep him in the game, he looked so good.

He would have a couple of nice runs then they would forget about him for a few series. Could never figure it out.

I'll give you a few: Greg Jennings, Vernon Davis, Cameron Jordan (wait, scratch that, reverse it), Justin Blackmon (auction value at $1!!??)

I think Stafford returns to 2011 form...he may not reach 5,000 yards for the 3rd straight year, but I think he will be north of 30 TDs. That's pretty good for his ADP (6th round).

I also agree with Bowe and Antonio Brown doing some things this year as well.

• Like 1

Dwayne Bowe - a 4th round WR who I think will perform like a 2nd round WR. KC going pass happy?

Shane Vereen - a 6rh round RB (i.e. #3RB) who I think will perform like a #2 RB. NE loves short range targets and Vereen is one of the only ones left. Showed flashes of game breaking ability last year and not sure that Ridley is out of the fumble dog-house.

David Wilson - young guy with game-breaking ability. Good chance he's a first rounder after this year. If he doesn't fumble, he's gold.

Tony Romo - maybe he isn't clutch, but he throws A LOT and he has targets aplenty - despite his terrible TD/INT #s last year, he still had almost 5000 yards. I just think he's being overlooked based on his choker reputation.

Nice list :thumbsup:

Dwayne Bowe would be a choice if I wasnt smart enough to know that Alex Smith flat sucks unless hes got a few years under an OC. Nobody remembers basically 90% of his career? The dude is garbage and andys system is too.

ill say Antonio Brown, now heres an actual QB and Braveheart Wallace is gone so someone has to catch passes.

Bill Callahan calling plays would scare the bejebus out of me if I were a Romo owner.

I have brown for $12 Gordon $10 megaton for $41 stafford for $38 and Murray for $15 I'm thinking of cutting Gordon and Murray and maybe Brown. We have a 200 cap and play 2Qb 3Rb 4WR 1TE 1K 1DST now I'm not sure if I should cut Brown. Thx for the feedback.

Bill Callahan calling plays would scare the bejebus out of me if I were a Romo owner.

That's what I was thinking. Romo could still be good value but they are going to run a lot more than they have the past few years.

i really think that amendola will have a big season with the pats

QB: I think Bradford ends up with about 25 TDs and somewhere around 3,600 yards passing, maybe not a huge breakout but a terrific backup and spot starter.

RB: Montee Ball looks like the best value to me now, rbbc scares people off but he will go I. The 5th or later in a lot of leagues and end up around 1,200 rushing and 8-10 TDs.

WR: Antonio Brown is my value pick, 1,000 yards and 8 TDs easily on a bad, pass happy Steelers O without Wallace around.

TE: Greg Olsen will end up with maybe 800 yards and 5-6 TDs but Jared Cook and Brandon Myers should both vastly exceed their ADP.

i really think that amendola will have a big season with the pats

I concur. He's averaged 5.5 rec/gm the last 3 seasons, granted in the actual games that he did play in. If he stays healthy, and with Brady needing someone reliable to pass to with Welker/Lloyd/Hernandez/Gronk(?) gone I believe Amendola can approach triple digit receptions this season. I can see him actually leading the league in receptions if all goes according to plan.

Mark Ingram RB Saints. It's his year with a new commitment to the run. Sean Payton is going to run the ball more this year and go back to the running game as Bree's isn't the answer when the team needs the defense to rest. Sproles and Thomas will do their things in the play action situations but Ingram will be the main back this year running the ball.

Expect better numbers from him than his ADP hovering in the sixth to seventh rounds. He knows the system and is ready to breakout with the departure of Ivory to the Jets.

Andrew Luck could end up being a top 5 qb this season.

Andrew Luck could end up being a top 5 qb this season.

Hope so! I'm really banking on him to do well. I just don't know if he has the weapons around him to be great.

Just to give you an update on where these folks are really going.... ADP sucks and I would caution people to not attempt to draft following any current ADP list.

Bowe was just selected in my current draft in the 5th round (5.02) by me. People are letting him fall down WAY too low.

Shane Vereen has become a favorite of those who prefer to go WR/WR to open their draft, and in my last three drafts, he has gone twice in the 4th (4.11 and 4.12) and once in the 5th (5.02).

David Wilson is still falling into the early third round, but I've seen him fall into the early 4th more than once. These are in leagues where you must start 2 RB's, so some people aren't sold on him yet. Considering Brown is going 5 rounds later, people aren't reaching for Wilson.

Tony Romo - Romo is one of the QB's I'm taking in too many drafts. I've been getting him in the late 7th and 8th for weeks. Why he is dropping so low is something I do not understand. Eli Manning is still being taken over him in many live drafts. Romo is primed for a great season with half the D-backs in his division either sucking, or being injured.

Cutler

A man that pays attention. I like this. If you all haven't read up on Trestman, please do so. The Bears are going to score points this season, and lots of them. Barring injury, there is no way Cutler doesn't hit 30 TD's and throw in a pretty decent amount of scrambling yards as well. Trestman loves the roll out and his QB's are free to run to the sideline if nobody is open. Cutler can be had after 15-17 QB's. I'm taking him as my QB2, but may start him several weeks this season. Better line, coach, WR's...... Provided he doesn't run out of insulin on the field, he's the most underrated QB in 2013 fantasy drafts.

A few guys I'm really liking for a big statistical jump this year are:

Shane Vereen - Could be PPR gold, and I think he'll catch 60-70 this year as Brady looks to replace Hernandez' (and possibly Gronks' if he starts on PUP) production, putting Vereen in the same category as Darren Sproles, but Vereen can be drafted a round later than Sproles.

Alshon Jeffery - In Marc Trestman's offense, Cutler will throw for 4k, and Jeffery could flirt with a 1k yard season, even if he's 3rd in the pecking order behind Marshall and Forte in targets. Martellus Bennett is there now too, but if Cutler can improve his completion percentage only slightly into the 61-62% range, there will be a lot of targets to go around in this offense.

Michael Floyd - Bruce Arians will do wonders for the Arizona passing game, and Fitz won't be the only beneficiary. Floyd is another guy that could flirt with 1k yards, even if Fitz catches 100 balls this year.

Emmanuel Sanders - While the Steelers will look to run more this year, and they should find some success with Bell, Sanders is sleeper I'll be drafting in the later rounds of my drafts. Brown will assume most of the deeper routes that Wallace used to run, and he'll lead the team in receiving still, but that will allow Sanders to work underneath a bit more. With Heath Miller recovering for last years late ACL tear, Sanders could be a target monster in the early going making him a nice late PPR gem. Todd Haley offenses tend to have good production from the #2 WR.

Romo has always been a solid fantasy QB now he sucks in clutch games but this is fantasy.

Vereen the real deal?

I'm hearing the hype on Floyd but I hear he's lazy. Can Palmer stay upright?

Dwayne Bowe - a 4th round WR who I think will perform like a 2nd round WR. KC going pass happy? You can't call him a breakout

Shane Vereen - a 6rh round RB (i.e. #3RB) who I think will perform like a #2 RB. NE loves short range targets and Vereen is one of the only ones left. Showed flashes of game breaking ability last year and not sure that Ridley is out of the fumble dog-house. Alert: Great break out candidate

David Wilson - young guy with game-breaking ability. Good chance he's a first rounder after this year. If he doesn't fumble, he's gold. RBBC.

Tony Romo - maybe he isn't clutch, but he throws A LOT and he has targets aplenty - despite his terrible TD/INT #s last year, he still had almost 5000 yards. I just think he's being overlooked based on his choker reputation. You can't call him a breakout

Comment bolded.

• Like 1

I'll give you a few: Greg Jennings (no), Vernon Davis, Cameron Jordan (wait, scratch that, reverse it) absolutely, Justin Blackmon (auction value at $1!!??)

My comments are bolded. VD may have a career year. Justin Blackman - he broke out last year.

A few guys I'm really liking for a big statistical jump this year are:

Shane Vereen - Could be PPR gold, and I think he'll catch 60-70 this year as Brady looks to replace Hernandez' (and possibly Gronks' if he starts on PUP) production, putting Vereen in the same category as Darren Sproles, but Vereen can be drafted a round later than Sproles.

Alshon Jeffery - In Marc Trestman's offense, Cutler will throw for 4k, and Jeffery could flirt with a 1k yard season, even if he's 3rd in the pecking order behind Marshall and Forte in targets. Martellus Bennett is there now too, but if Cutler can improve his completion percentage only slightly into the 61-62% range, there will be a lot of targets to go around in this offense.

Michael Floyd - Bruce Arians will do wonders for the Arizona passing game, and Fitz won't be the only beneficiary. Floyd is another guy that could flirt with 1k yards, even if Fitz catches 100 balls this year.

Emmanuel Sanders - While the Steelers will look to run more this year, and they should find some success with Bell, Sanders is sleeper I'll be drafting in the later rounds of my drafts. Brown will assume most of the deeper routes that Wallace used to run, and he'll lead the team in receiving still, but that will allow Sanders to work underneath a bit more. With Heath Miller recovering for last years late ACL tear, Sanders could be a target monster in the early going making him a nice late PPR gem. Todd Haley offenses tend to have good production from the #2 WR.

Nice list - Sanders put up good numbers his rookie year. after his injury season and going into a contract year, I honestly don't know what to expect from him this year.

Nice list - Sanders put up good numbers his rookie year. after his injury season and going into a contract year, I honestly don't know what to expect from him this year.

The Steelers could've gotten a draft pick for Sanders but chose to match the Pats' RFA offer instead. That tells me they value him, although certainly Wallace's departure was a big factor as well.

Housler and Cameron. Not Myers.

I like Housler but not Cameron, hes a brown, nuff said. Pencil cameron for 40 rec tops and whatever garbage yardage and tds you want. 500-4 would be a miricle.

Denario alexander

Oh you meant break out, not break down.

Gold star

WR Robert Woods

Housler and Cameron. Not Myers.

Tend to agree, though I've got a gut feeling 'bout Myers -- maybe not so much a yardage monster but as a redzone threat. Eli hasn't utilized his TEs much since the days of Shockey, but I'm thinking his other weapons may open things up for Myers and that guy seems to have good hands.

Cameron should benefit with Watson no longer getting the main TE looks... I don't view Kellen Davis as much of a threat.

Housler I like as well, but need to do homework regarding how Carson Palmer utilizes his TEs.

I'm in on Sanders, too. I don't see a ton separating him and Brown right now, which makes him the better value 4 rounds later. I do think both guys are decent plays, though.

The mid to late rounds are oozing upside at WR. Britt, Gordon, Sanders, Michael Floyd, Tate, Jeffery, Broyles, Kendall Wright--if I can get 2-3 of those guys on my rosters this year, I'll be pretty content.

I live in Miami and attend Dolphins practices regularly. Tannehil and Wallace are not on the same page yet, but Hartline has been lighting it up. He can be had late for peanuts as a wr 3 with WR 2 upside.

Comment bolded. You can't call him breakout.

:dunno:

semantics.

It doesn't have to be a super sleeper just a guy you think will get drafted later then he should but will do much better then where he's being drafted.

I think Nelson could bounce back. He was hurt last year and people are forgetting about him. I also think Murray will stay healthy and score double digit TDs.