Sign in to follow this  
Ramrock

Us Wilson owners are

i'm not going to make any crazy decisions quite yet. I'm going to give it another week or two and then see whats going on. Hoping this is just a bad game.

As a McCoy owner at this point Im Just hoping to trade Wilson for Bryce Brown.

I'd suggest a WR over a backup RB for you. Brutal.

I Agee with the guy about missing big time on Wilson. I have a feeling he is done, and I have him in every one of my leagues this year.

All I can say is that's the reason you go RB heavy as much as possible. I have Wilson but I did draft depth behind him.

Still really hurts though when you draft a guy in the 3rd round who's essentially a bust right now...sigh.

Not worried. Drafted him as my RB3/Flex, I won this week even with him at flex and with D Rich, Thompkins and Randle( 100 yards receiving tonight) have plenty of flex options if he doesn't get it together.

I don't think he'll fall off the face of the earth, if only because the Giants don't have a viable replacement until Brown returns. But his opportunity to be a 3-down workhorse is probably dead. It'll be a timeshare of some sort.

I think Wilson goes beyond a bad week. I'm a wilson owner in multiple leagues and I fear that he may never be a starter in coughlin's offense. He may see some playing time out of necessity, but I don't think he will be a cornerstone anymore. Coughlin isn't a guy who gives lots of chances. Look at last year, after wilson's opening day fumble, he didn't really see the light of day until mid-season...now on the opener he fumbles not once, but TWICE, once near the goal line and another returned for a touchdown?! He's screwed, seriously screwed.

It's not just that...he completely whiffed on a blocking assignment and got Manning sacked.

LMFAO u guys act like no RB has ever fumbled twice....one bad game and he's done? Come on...Dude is one of the most talented Backs I've seen. 1 carry away from busting an 80 yarder then will see all the hate get real quiet

• Like 1

LMFAO u guys act like no RB has ever fumbled twice....one bad game and he's done? Come on...Dude is one of the most talented Backs I've seen. 1 carry away from busting an 80 yarder then will see all the hate get real quiet

Several RB's have fumbled twice but very few have whiffed on a starting RB job as badly as Wilson has.

In both my leagues, I had the choice between Chris Johnson or Wilson, I went with CJ both times. I just didn't feel Wilson is a every down back. After these two fumbles, it's RBBC.

unless he goes out and fumbles 2x vs. dallas and gets benched , I think you will be fine. he has the breakway speed, brown broke his leg, I mean what could go wrong?

:banana:

• Like 1

i missed as a lot of us did.... i am holding out hope that he gets another chance ... that whole team though looked lost....manning looked liek a child on a playground crying somebody wouldnt let him play after a couple of thos interceptions.....

Its true that the entire team just didnt have their heads in the game. Maybe he gets another chance next week. However, it wont be in my lineup. I benched reggie bush for his ass and thats not happening two weeks in a row. Guy got me -3 points with dez only getting me 2. So last nights game gave me -1 point

i'm not going to make any crazy decisions quite yet. I'm going to give it another week or two and then see whats going on.

Why do something rational like that? Don't you know that the way every player plays in week 1 is a perfect representation of how they'll play the rest of the year? Get out of this thread!

another example of why not to take sketchy #2 rbs when no brainer starters can be has at other positions.

file this for next august for the debate of the rb-rb strategy or even worse 3rbs in a row cause wrs are deep

:first: Everybody is so intent on being the smartest guy in the room.

Im thinking of offering Wilson for Vereen but im not even sure the vereen owner would do it. Prying a RB away that just had a good game is like pulling teeth.

Two questions:

What are your college and pro rooting interests?

How many backs have you seen?

Wow I've never seen someone go from such a high (Brown injury, Wilson is top 10 potential) to now in the doghouse with Coughlin, benched, etc. Wilson had such an amazing preseason and I was super high on him this year. And now he's worth next to nothing the day after that performance...

With that said, If I wasn't a Wilson owner I'd be buying low big time today if I could. Wilson may not get many carries but he's a few big runs (which he's very capable of btw) of getting his spot back. If I could trade a low end RB or WR for Wilson I absolutely would for Wilson's upside.

Unfortunately, I own Wilson and will have to stand pat and hope for the best as I can't see myself getting any decent offers worth accepting...

Supposedly the giants are now bringing in Jacobs and McGahee as candidates to take over for wilson... writing is on the wall

Supposedly the giants are now bringing in Jacobs and McGahee as candidates to take over for wilson... writing is on the wall

Jerome Bettis busy?

:rolleyes:

Jerome Bettis busy?

:rolleyes:

greatest stat line ever...3 rushes/1 yrd/3 TD's.

Those guys are both on the dark side of 30. Jacobs got no interest from any other team for a reason. McGahee would have to come in and learn a new offense, which is hard to do in-season (the reason why there are so few trades during the season in the NFL).

I'm still buying low on Wilson. The injury to Brown, and the Giants failure to bring in a veteran backup to replace Bradshaw has left them absurdly thin at RB. Wilson almost has to get another shot and Coughlin's comments today about "we need him" seem to reflect that.

The guys confidence has to be gone, what if he fumbles again? He will be focused too hard on not fumbling that he wont be able to play.

Just offered Wilson for Vereen, but i doubt the owner will accept. UPDATE he rejected.

Wow I've never seen someone go from such a high (Brown injury, Wilson is top 10 potential) to now in the doghouse with Coughlin, benched, etc. Wilson had such an amazing preseason and I was super high on him this year. And now he's worth next to nothing the day after that performance...

With that said, If I wasn't a Wilson owner I'd be buying low big time today if I could. Wilson may not get many carries but he's a few big runs (which he's very capable of btw) of getting his spot back. If I could trade a low end RB or WR for Wilson I absolutely would for Wilson's upside.

Unfortunately, I own Wilson and will have to stand pat and hope for the best as I can't see myself getting any decent offers worth accepting...

...and he's just 1 fumble away from never getting his spot back...oops, that already happened...twice...

I have Wilson, Miller, and Gio as my RB2, 3, and 4...I might be focked

My exact situation. Not good.

I have Miller as my RB2 in all 3 leagues.

unless he goes out and fumbles 2x vs. dallas and gets benched , I think you will be fine. he has the breakway speed, brown broke his leg, I mean what could go wrong?

:banana:

my favorite post of all time

GIants just signed Brandon Jacobs.

this is even worse for wilson. i would rather have him benched and not an option than in a comittee and wondering is this the week he finally goes off. no doubt the week he blows up, you wont play him

GIants just signed Brandon Jacobs.

i hate to ask, but can you explain your avatar. it looks like someone passed away and his photo is on a poster or something honoring them

some positives for us disgruntled Wilson owners

Giants RB Da'Rel Scott injured his knee in Wednesday's practice.

The severity is unknown. Scott went for further testing after practice, and the Giants are expected to make an announcement this afternoon. Scott was officially "limited" in Wednesday's session. Stay tuned for an update.

Brandon Jacobs weighed in at 265 after signing with the Giants on Tuesday.

That's about right for Jacobs. However, the 31-year-old says he tipped the scales at 290 this summer. Jacobs admitted he's not in football shape at the moment. It could take a couple weeks of practice for him to get there. We really don't expect Jacobs to see many touches this season. He's pure insurance.

When asked Wednesday if David Wilson will start Sunday's game against the Broncos, coach Tom Coughlin said, "We'll see."

Coughlin isn't going to make any declarations, but it's clear Wilson is going to get the chance to redeem himself Sunday. "We need him. He has to overcome this issue. He's a marked man," Coughlin said. Newly acquired Brandon Jacobs is expected to help on passing situations and possibly at the goal-line. Da'Rel Scott is a third-string talent. Wilson, who lost just one fumble on 127 touches last year, is a good bet to get a majority of the early-down work whether he starts or not.

ESPN New York says the Giants are going to give David Wilson "an opportunity to prove that the fumbling was a one-game issue."

The Giants were looking to sign a veteran to replace Andre Brown (leg) beforeWilson's nightmarish Week 1. Brandon Jacobs -- who is 31 years old and has basically been out of football since 2011 -- is not a real threat unless the fumbles keep happening. Remember that after a Week 1 fumble in 2012, Wilson went 15 straight games (127 touches) without coughing up the rock. We expect him to start and get the lion's share of the early-down work against the Broncos Sunday. The explosive second-year man is an obvious buy low.

this is even worse for wilson. i would rather have him benched and not an option than in a comittee and wondering is this the week he finally goes off. no doubt the week he blows up, you wont play him

Why is this worse for Wilson? Just curious.. Sure, Jacobs know the offense.. but he also knows how to eat, as he is out of football shape (actually he is in the shape of a football.. hiyoooo). When he was in football shape, he struggled to stay on the field with a myriad of injuries. Why would it all of a sudden change?

The Giants need a body, and one that actually knows the offense made the decision to sign him easier. He is a veteran whose presence alone could light a fire under Wilson.

Who knows.

I am actually starting Wilson against Denver this week. He has a lot to prove. Coughlin is a hardass, but when it is all said and done, Wilson is his best and they'll get under the hood and fix it.

Sincerely,

Mrs. Wilson. :clap:

Seriously, he'll be fine - hell, it's only one week.

Yeah, I'm not worried about a washed-up Jacobs. I'm gonna be mildly surprised if he ever even sees the field.

The real question is, does Wilson suck? So long as the answer is "no" then we'll be fine.

These opinions on Da'Rel Scott are wrong. He's fast, explosive, has moves and can catch the ball. He can start in the NFL and be successful. By the way, that interception was Eli's fault, not Da'Rel Scott's.

I am also starting Wilson this week, over Moreno as well as Greg Jennings in .5 PPR league. I have to believe, especially since I kept him over Cobb in this .5 PPR return yardage league.