Sign in to follow this  
snatchit

Guys the Chiefs arent that good... believe me

Beat JAX ( worst team in the league ) Beat Dallas at home, went to the game... could hardly hear my self think. Dallas played really bad and almost beat them... The Eagles, well we know about the Def and this hurry up offence is wearing the players out. I will give them credit for pulling these games off but come come on man... really

they don't beat themselves. will go a long ways in the afc this year which is down. plus kc has a last place schedule. they will win 10 games and make the wildcard I think, esp with that defense and a qb that doesn't screw up.

they don't beat themselves. will go a long ways in the afc this year which is down. plus kc has a last place schedule. they will win 10 games and make the wildcard I think, esp with that defense and a qb that doesn't screw up.

you make a good point about protecting the ball and creating turn overs... just saying all day tomorrow they will be talking about how great they are.... they aren't that great

They now have 9 full days off. They need to get Bowe more involved.

They have a top rb and a solid defense. Sounds like the Giants of old winning with def and smash mouth... :dunno: But they are 3-0.

Their defense is going to be tough. I can't say the same for the dink and dunk passing game is a yawner and it was quite alarming to see McCoy gashing them basically straight up the middle. All that said, they can get some heat on the QB and I'm guessing by the team Week 4 rolls around that Vegas will understand that Chiefs-D isn't going to allow a high-scoring games. They are 3-0 under the point total this year.

• Like 1

Their defense is going to be tough. I can't say the same for the dink and dunk passing game is a yawner and it was quite alarming to see McCoy gashing them basically straight up the middle. All that said, they can get some heat on the QB and I'm guessing by the team Week 4 rolls around that Vegas will understand that Chiefs-D isn't going to allow a high-scoring games. They are 3-0 under the point total this year.

You tell em Mikey.. also where is my shirt??

Just kidding you da man

OP clearly knows nothing about NFL football.

Last year's record means nothing. The Chiefs are a legit AFC playoff possible team. Defense wins championships, and more often than not, a ball control, turnover free offense led by a game manager wins games that need to be won. Right now the Chiefs are 3-0, albeit one win matters in the AFC tie-breaker zone. Regardless, this team is clearly showing that Andy Reid, when led by a competent defense, can compete any given Sunday

3-0

Checklist for potentially good season.

1. beat the teams you are supposed to beat, rather than finding a way to lose. CHECK

2. Don't turn the ball over, have a qb that can at least manage the gameplan. CHECK

3. Beat a good team (or at least a team that people think is good) on the road. CHECK

Yea, seems to me the Chiefs are doing fine so far.

OK guys, try to talk yourself into the Chiefs being good. It'll be funny when they get totally slaughtered by an actually good team like Denver.

Beat JAX ( worst team in the league ) Beat Dallas at home, went to the game... could hardly hear my self think. Dallas played really bad and almost beat them... The Eagles, well we know about the Def and this hurry up offence is wearing the players out. I will give them credit for pulling these games off but come come on man... really

3-0 is 3-0 and they've looked good doing it. We really don't care what you think and neither does Andy Reid and his team.

OK guys, try to talk yourself into the Chiefs being good. It'll be funny when they get totally slaughtered by an actually good team like Denver.

So if they do, they do. Didn't the Ravens, the Super Bowl champs, get "slaughtered" by the Broncs? The world didn't come to end for them a last week, did it?

Get the chip off your shoulder and shut up.

You mean the Chiefs aren't good unless they go 16-0? And your standard is to picke THE best team in the NFL right now as your benchmark? Seriously?

They look better than the Patriots. :dunno:

this comment is a joke....what team wont get slaughtered by the broncos? look in the afc and name the best teams? not saying they are the best but to think they dont have a chance to get intro playoffs this early in the season you got a chip on your shoulder..... maybe a bronco fan or philly fan but your making a post about a chiefs team that is now 3-0 any whay you get 3 wins in the nfl you take it!!! they have to beat who is on the schedule but 3-0 start they already won more games then last year....give it a break dude

Scoreboard

Yeah, just ask the Patriots who are "cheesing it up" again. They got outplayed by Bufffalo & looked awful against the crappy Jets but sit at 2-0. probably 3-0 soon since Tampa sucks. You are what your record is. I know it isnt always pretty but wins are wins. Just ask NE.

i can't believe people are hatin on my beloved Chiefs!

look, it's Martyball for sure, but time of possession/no turnovers/good D equates to wins. this is the NFL. get into the playoffs and try to make a name for yourself. We see it every year.

comparing the Chiefs to Denver is retarded. Peyton may be the best football player in the league right now. on the list of all time for sure. teams can't worry about who is better than who. win your home games, try to win your division games, steal a couple on the road and enjoy the ride.

• Like 2

Despite the slop this was a super interesting game to me. You had the more dynamic but gun slinging Vick vs the polar opposite game manager.

You had the fast paced, highly variable and more fluid offense vs a more controlled, lower risk, higher percentage scheme.

In the end Reid out coached Kelly and the Eagles turnovers proved too much.

As a KC fan I won't be caught saying they're great by any means but 3-0 is what it is and I also know that with all the new parts here this team is still in development and I do look for them,mainly the offense,to only get better.

OP clearly knows nothing about NFL football.

Last year's record means nothing. The Chiefs are a legit AFC playoff possible team. Defense wins championships, and more often than not, a ball control, turnover free offense led by a game manager wins games that need to be won. Right now the Chiefs are 3-0, albeit one win matters in the AFC tie-breaker zone. Regardless, this team is clearly showing that Andy Reid, when led by a competent defense, can compete any given Sunday

Oh brother, the Chiefs have played 3 teams playing like crap... period ! I don't care about last year

You guys are not helping yourselves by bringing up the Patriots. Yes they are 2-0, because they've started off playing games against two rookie quarterbacks on bad teams. The Pats are not nearly as good as their record might indicate because their offense is terrible. The Chiefs are a bit better but still massively hampered by having a QB who cannot or will not throw the ball down the field. Better teams will rip them apart for this.

you make a good point about protecting the ball and creating turn overs... just saying all day tomorrow they will be talking about how great they are.... they aren't that great

Who is this "they" and, if you don't think "they" know what they're talking about, why would you listen to them or care what "they" say?

Games are won on the field, nothing more, nothing less. KC isn't Denver, SF or Seattle. Probably not Atlanta or NO either, though you never know when it comes to home field. But they're better than a lot of teams based on what I've seen. And you can NEVER diminish an NFL road win, especially in a high visibility game (TNF, SNF, MNF). Home teams win a very high % of those games, so to go in and get a win, on a short week, is a big accomplishment.

BTW, I'm an Eagles fan. They stink out loud and it'll get worse as soon as Vick is irretrievably broken. But wins don't come with style points.

This is key.

They dont beat themselves.

In past years, they have been their own worst enemy.

No I dont think they will win the division, but I do think they are in the hunt for a wildcard spot.

Going into the season I predicted a record of 8-8. Given their hot start, I'm revising the prediction to 9-7 and now give them a chance to snag a wild card spot. Most out of division games are against the NFC east. Normally a tough division, but not looking great so far this year. whether that continues remains to be seen.

Who is this "they" and, if you don't think "they" know what they're talking about, why would you listen to them or care what "they" say?

Games are won on the field, nothing more, nothing less. KC isn't Denver, SF or Seattle. Probably not Atlanta or NO either, though you never know when it comes to home field. But they're better than a lot of teams based on what I've seen. And you can NEVER diminish an NFL road win, especially in a high visibility game (TNF, SNF, MNF). Home teams win a very high % of those games, so to go in and get a win, on a short week, is a big accomplishment.

BTW, I'm an Eagles fan. They stink out loud and it'll get worse as soon as Vick is irretrievably broken. But wins don't come with style points.

Yea.. especially when you are going against a new potent offense that no one has a lot of tape on yet. KC is probably beating teams that are mediocre or bad, but that at least means they are above average.

funny thread... congrats KC on 3-0, that rocks regardless and I'd party on that... scoreboard!!

that said, if I'm KC fan I'm paranoid with Alex Smith, WTF is going on with him? also, maybe related, my biggest target gets one catch and four yards last night, these are valid concerns IMO.

Biggest concern to me is how long smith was holdong onto thr ball and how many times he ran

I have to give it to the KC they are 3-0. That said what I have seen is a defense with alot of 1st round studs and very solid. Alex Smith blah blah blah. Three 3 and forever completions for first downs last night are you kidding me Philly D blah blah blah.

Biggest concern to me is how long smith was holdong onto thr ball and how many times he ran

Philly's scheme has consistenlty given up opportunities for late devel;oping plays across the middle and QB runs. Not sure what they're doing/not doing that's resulting in that; perhaps LB who can't maintain coverage? Heck, Rivers even got to a point where he couldn't turn down the chance to run, and he's slightly less mobile than the Rocky statue.

SD blocked PHilly D-line better than KC did. If I were a Chiefs fan, and I don't think I've heard one mention this, that O-line would be my concern. It was almost a carbon copy of last week's game, with the diference being that Rivers was untouched and made every right decision. He was near flawless. Smith was pedestrian, his line didn't protect well, but in the end they got it done.

Good lord, the Chiefs go on the road on a short week and get a win vs a team nobody gave them a chance against and they still get no respect?? Thats the definition of a good team. Yea so they arent throwing bombs all over, cuz they dont need to. They were in control the whole time and just ran the offense how they needed to get first downs and keep possession. After the shady TD everyone thought the eagles would come roaring back but the game was still 2 scores away!

You guys are not helping yourselves by bringing up the Patriots. Yes they are 2-0, because they've started off playing games against two rookie quarterbacks on bad teams. The Pats are not nearly as good as their record might indicate because their offense is terrible. The Chiefs are a bit better but still massively hampered by having a QB who cannot or will not throw the ball down the field. Better teams will rip them apart for this.

Actually, it absolutely helps, and is completely pertinent, to bring up the Patriots. The Patriots, despite playing like a team in the bottom third of the teams in the league, are talked about as an upper echelon team. Meanwhile, the OP feels it necessary to point out that the Chiefs aren't that good. o.O There is a severe disconnect here that is completely grounded in past performance.

Right now, Kansas City is playing well. They are. Can they beat anyone? I don't know; they've beaten who they've played. The Patriots, meanwhile - despite the refusal to suggest that they "aren't that good" - look like they could lose to anyone in the league.

The comparison is important because of its irony, and really shames the OP with his ridiculous summation.

Actually, it absolutely helps, and is completely pertinent, to bring up the Patriots. The Patriots, despite playing like a team in the bottom third of the teams in the league, are talked about as an upper echelon team. Meanwhile, the OP feels it necessary to point out that the Chiefs aren't that good. o.O There is a severe disconnect here that is completely grounded in past performance.

Right now, Kansas City is playing well. They are. Can they beat anyone? I don't know; they've beaten who they've played. The Patriots, meanwhile - despite the refusal to suggest that they "aren't that good" - look like they could lose to anyone in the league.

The comparison is important because of its irony, and really shames the OP with his ridiculous summation.

Not many people are talking about the Patriots as an "upper echelon" team this year. In fact all I have been hearing is that they are an awful team for being 2-0, which is true.

The Chiefs aren't "awful" for being 3-0 but they're much closer to being an awful 3-0 than an impressive 3-0.

...but they aren't that bad either. Way better than what the Chiefs used to be before Reid imo.

agreed. granted, they have an advantage in their non-conference schedule insofar as reid knows the NFC east intimately, but the defense is quite active, smith is a good game manager, and they can run the ball.

So if the chiefs eek out a win vs the NYG, then beat the titans and raiders in the next 3 weeks and go 6-0 are they still going to be "Closer to awful than impressive"?