Sign in to follow this  
Super Cubs

Percy Harvin week 13 are you starting him?

The little bit that I've seen is all systems are a go for a full work load week 13. My question is are you starting him? If you are starting him who are you benching?

I'm currently suck not knowing what to do keep riding Keenan Allen or start Harvin. Right now leaning towards Allen.

Crap just started a similar thread. Maybe the admins can delete it. I'm not sure on Harvin... Debating starting him over Cecil Shorts.

I have room for two wrs and Gordon is a given. I will start whoever has the best matchup of the following - garçon, colston, Hilton, and harvin.

He burnt me once. Going with Boykin over him this week. Fully expect him to be a solid WR2 at some point this year, but I need to know he's there first before risking it.

Starting him over Amendola and Burelson.

P.Harvin

J.Gordon

J.Nelson

Amendola just isn't getting enough targets and I don't trust Burelson to repeat the TD from last week. Rolling the dice with Percy as he's had his first game and then a bye. Should be all systems go.

I have room for two wrs and Gordon is a given. I will start whoever has the best matchup of the following - garçon, colston, Hilton, and harvin.

room for him over garcon? garcon is a top 15 guy, easy. with hilton playing a team he burned in the second half the last time they played, i would go with him.

Yes. With AJ Green and Gordon, over Steve smith and James jones.

Expecting 70 yards, maybe a couple handoffs/pitches. TD would be bonus.

He had speed and great hands last game, and will have 2 full weeks of practice preparing for a high scoring offense. I'd imagine they would also want to save the tread on beast mode for the playoffs now that they have solid receiving corps.

Debating between him, Amendola, and Harry Douglas. Pretty down on Amendola right now, but Douglas has been a pretty solid play of late. Probably going to roll with Douglas for another week at least until I see some targets for Harvin

Allow me some leeway here, and this is all gut feel, but in many ways SEA/SF/NO are all the same damn team. Really frigging good, top 5'ish defenses, and 2/3 can run the ball nearly at will...

...Percy Harvin is an ELITE difference maker. A differentiator if you will. NO doesn't have one. SF doesn't have one. They are paying this guy a lot of money both last year and this year and not getting the production. At home? Check. Monday night? Check. High scoring Saints/Brees/Payton across the aisle? Check. I think they unleash him. Time to make a statement.

If you own him and are debating, you have been "all in" for this long right? Perhaps you got burned by the egg he put up last week; no matter, he shook the rust off and what is in the past is in the past.

Starting w/ relative confidence at the Flex over Vereen/Cooper. Am I nuts? 0.4ppr.

for all you peeps reluctant to start him.., you ought to get your head checked cuz your nutz..!!!

if seattle wants to be competitive vs. the saints they will have to get there BEST wr the ball...,do the math

Eh... Rolling with Green and Gordon, but in flex I'm currently going with Floyd. Seven catches on seven targets for 100+ yards after his huge week the week before, it seems he has arrived, and the Cards offense is clicking. That being said, I drafted Harvin mostly for his keeper value in a deep keeper... I think I'll wait until Harvin has his big week. I'm close though; weather might make me change my mind. Hilton is the odd man out until Indy figures out what they are doing.

I have Josh Gordon, Kendall Wright, and Harry Douglas ahead of Percy... hard for me to sit any of those guys for what is essentially an unknown. No telling how many plays he'll actually be in or how many touches he gets. If I didn't have any of the three other receivers, I might roll the dice, but since I have better options, I think I'll keep him on my bench for now

Just traded him for Garcon.

He's already had two set backs to the injury he came back from early and today he went to rehab instead of practice .. after a bye week.

The (9 & 1) Seahawks are in zero rush to force him the ball at the moment guys, the red flags are there.

• Like 1

Allow me some leeway here, and this is all gut feel, but in many ways SEA/SF/NO are all the same damn team. Really frigging good, top 5'ish defenses, and 2/3 can run the ball nearly at will...

...Percy Harvin is an ELITE difference maker. A differentiator if you will. NO doesn't have one. SF doesn't have one. They are paying this guy a lot of money both last year and this year and not getting the production. At home? Check. Monday night? Check. High scoring Saints/Brees/Payton across the aisle? Check. I think they unleash him. Time to make a statement.

If you own him and are debating, you have been "all in" for this long right? Perhaps you got burned by the egg he put up last week; no matter, he shook the rust off and what is in the past is in the past.

Starting w/ relative confidence at the Flex over Vereen/Cooper. Am I nuts? 0.4ppr.

Cooper nearly had 2 more touchdowns in his last game. I could not bench him at all. That said I think Harvin will have a good game and I agree with you in general. Nice problem for your flex Riley or Harvin this week.

I might start Harvin over Kendall Wright, since I have clinched a playoff spot. If he puts up a goose egg, I won't lose anything, and if he blows up I'll look like a genius.

I could be completely off base on this, but I just have a feeling that Harvin is not going to be 100% healthy this year and may even be a part-time player as part of a receiver rotation.

The Seahawks have already suggested as much- that they will continue rotating their WRs. And the fact that he's STILL not even practicing in full tells me that they are really going to manage his workload.

Agree with everything you say here. Still, it bothers me that he sat Tuesday and was limited Wednesday. I need to see a full practice before I go with him. And since my other two options both play on Thanksgiving, I'm pulling him. Just can't risk a zero with playoffs on the line.

Agree w/ Maroon5; on this recent "limited" and Pete Carroll to "manage" his health news, he is back on the bench where he belongs. Cooper back in at flex - and yes this is a champagne problem on the surface, but completely normal in a 10-teamer (everyone is loaded; 12 is the true min).

At the end of the day, I suppose I would rather have him on my bench than in another's starting lineup. He could be tough to trust in a key playoff matchup.

I don't know why, but I think he has a big game this week. He got his feet wet a couple weeks ago and then a bye week. He's playing on MNF and it's a big game with huge implications. I think he's gonna go off.

This guy is a disaster for the hawks

"Carroll said the team has looked at everything in Harvins hip and has found no evidence of any new injury.

We dont see any big issue structurally, Carroll said. Its just responding from the load of the game. And he only had 19 plays and 16 active plays in there, so it wasnt very much. But hes just sore and so we dont want to push beyond that right now. Its not worth it."

I bet it is sore from getting 25 million guaranteed

This is the way it is with Harvin. The worst part is, they won't just shut him down so you can move on, thus you hold out hope week after week. Remember him being "day-to-day" with a sprained ankle last year for a month and a half before going on IR. He is, as they say, not a fast healer. I sincerely doubt we'll see him near 100% this year.

This is the way it is with Harvin. The worst part is, they won't just shut him down so you can move on, thus you hold out hope week after week. Remember him being "day-to-day" with a sprained ankle last year for a month and a half before going on IR. He is, as they say, not a fast healer. I sincerely doubt we'll see him near 100% this year.

Agreed. It's time to cut bait ( unless in keeper league n you got him for nothing ) bc you can't trust this guy heading into the ff playoffs....BUST....not trustworthy of a start

Seahawks could hold Harvin out until playoffs

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Seahawks could hold Percy Harvin (hip) out for the rest of the regular season in order for him to be ready for the playoffs.

The team is waiting to see how Harvin responds to a cortisone injection. Seattle brass will reportedly meet Tuesday to make a decision. Harvin returned to play in one game after missing about four months as he recovered from hip surgery. It sounds like there's a real possibility Harvin may not play another down until the postseason; the Seahawks can clinch a playoff berth with a victory Monday night over the Saints. Harvin is inactive for the NFC showdown. We'll have another update on Harvin Tuesday. Owners that have been stashing Harvin can keep hoping, but it appears it's going to be a lost year.

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter Dec 2 - 7:16 PM

Dam you Harvin......USELESS

just sucks to have stashed him all season to drop him now ...,just frustrating :wall:

just sucks to have stashed him all season to drop him now ...,just frustrating :wall:

could be worse, 2 weeks ago I offered Eric Decker to the Harvin owner, and was turned down. He said, Ive held Harvin this long, I am going to reap the rewards