Sign in to follow this  
ralphster

Waiver Wire Add of the Year?

League A: Foles, Moreno

League B: Alex Smith (randomly blasting me to the title game after my original two QBs were lost for the year), Mike Wallace (yes, someone rage quit on him after week 11).

He was cut loose in a lot of leagues with the 2-game suspension, the Browns trading away Trich and handing the reigns over to Hoyer. It all turned out good, but at the time there was a lot of uncertainty.

Who cuts a talent like Josh Gordon over two games?

Foles and Moreno for one of my teams.

In the other, Keenan Allen and Moreno (though, I might as well have drafted him...picked him up and dropped my last pick as soon as rosters were loaded)

Maybe when they drafted him they didn't believe his two game game suspension would last a full two games.

Can't believe Gordon and Lacy are showing up in this thread. That's like bragging you banged a fat chick.

Jeffery

Allen

Foles

Stacy

Those have to be the top I would think. I got none of them :/

You've got to love all the Lombardi types here, who are acting like anyone on draft day who couldn't see Josh Gordon was going to be a Top 3 WR this year is a f*cking idiot. :banana:

Ok, so maybe not Top 3... But in a 12 team league carrying four receivers each, that makes 48. In 2012 as a rookie out of Baylor, Gordon was 46th in scoring in my league among WRs, behind the likes of Brian Hartline, Keshawn Martin, and Brandon Lloyd. He didn't score over two fantasy points in any of his last three games. Add to that playing in Cleveland, add to that the QB situation in Cleveland, plus oh yeah a two game suspension? Oh sure, I can see the demand.

Of course he showed flashes of brilliance as a rookie, with his physical tools. Some of us may have drafted him very late, and others (like myself) grabbed him off waivers before Week 1. But don't come in here thumping your chest like you're some kind of genius and we're all a bunch of f*cking morons for not seeing something which was far from certain.

(Dikembe Motumbo finger wave inserted here.)

You've got to love all the Lombardi types here, who are acting like anyone on draft day who couldn't see Josh Gordon was going to be a Top 3 WR this year is a f*cking idiot. :banana:

Ok, so maybe not Top 3... But in a 12 team league carrying four receivers each, that makes 48. In 2012 as a rookie out of Baylor, Gordon was 46th in scoring in my league among WRs, behind the likes of Brian Hartline, Keshawn Martin, and Brandon Lloyd. He didn't score over two fantasy points in any of his last three games. Add to that playing in Cleveland, add to that the QB situation in Cleveland, plus oh yeah a two game suspension? Oh sure, I can see the demand.

Of course he showed flashes of brilliance as a rookie, with his physical tools. Some of us may have drafted him very late, and others (like myself) grabbed him off waivers before Week 1. But don't come in here thumping your chest like you're some kind of genius and we're all a bunch of f*cking morons for not seeing something which was far from certain.

Hope you had your helmet and ear muffs on for that rant.

According to this site Gordon's ADP range was 6-9th round (12 teams) & 7-13 (10 teams). So him not being drafted is dumb. But you hit moron levels when he was dropped after wk 1 even though you drafted him expecting a goose egg the first two weeks.

According to this site Gordon's ADP range was 6-9th round (12 teams) & 7-13 (10 teams). So him not being drafted is dumb. But you hit moron levels when he was dropped after wk 1 even though you drafted him expecting a goose egg the first two weeks.

Yeah Ok fair enough. I don't play re-draft, so don't adhere to ADP values as religiously. We have an auction league with special keeper rules for rookies. This limits our rosters somewhat. He actually went un-drafted in our league and I picked him up for $1 before the season started. Did not throw him out in the draft, as it may have brought attention to him and bids as well. I waited, he went un-drafted, then scooped him up.

Can't believe Gordon and Lacy are showing up in this thread. That's like bragging you banged a fat chick.

Jeffery

Allen

Foles

Stacy

Those have to be the top I would think. I got none of them :/

NO! Gordon tops any of those... If you picked up Gordon early, you had one receiver spot covered all season.

He was on most waiver wires week 1 and 2

NO! Gordon tops any of those... If you picked up Gordon early, you had one receiver spot covered all season.

He was on most waiver wires week 1 and 2

This is just not true. CBS shows the ownership of players. In all of the leagues at CBS Gordon was owned by:

Wk 1 - 96% of leagues

Wk 2- 93%

Wk 3- 94%

Wk 4 on - 100%

So him being on the waiver wire would just be a fluke in some leagues.

Foles for sure. I was that team this year that everyone had their best game against, even the crappy teams. I picked up Foles since Stafford was on bye the week he dropped 7 TDs which was the only reason I won by about 5 points that week. Hes been used in about 4 games for me, but has outproduced my starting QB in all of them. Zac Stacy would be a close second. Rashaad Jennings, Keenan Allen, KC DEF, Andre Brown all were waiver wire picks up this year that could argue for close 3rds, Julius Thomas wasn't ever on the wire for any of my leagues.

I play in a fourteen-team league with 15 draft rounds, so many of the guys discussed prominently in this thread never hit the waiver wire at any point this season (Moreno, Jeffrey, Gordon, etc.). The three biggest WW scoops in our league were:

Nick Foles (1st Place team carried P. Manning, J. Cutler & Foles - what a waste, but it kept Foles away from others!)

Zac Stacy (Darryl Richardson & Isaiah Pead both drafted)

Keenan Allen (I fell for the preseason Vincent Brown hype)

I play in a fourteen-team league with 15 draft rounds, so many of the guys discussed prominently in this thread never hit the waiver wire

Nick Foles

this, to me, is exactly why Foles is the choice.

He wasn't even on the radar... in fact, he was kind of a punch line, another Philly Eagles joke... notsomuchnow.

He was cut loose in a lot of leagues with the 2-game suspension, the Browns trading away Trich and handing the reigns over to Hoyer. It all turned out good, but at the time there was a lot of uncertainty.

You conveniently ignore the other circumstances surrounding Gordon at the time. There was much speculation that the Browns were throwing away their season when they traded TRich and gave the starting QB job to Hoyer. That coupled with the fact that one more strike against Gordon could end his season made some people less optimistic about his prospects. It's not totally unreasonable that he would end up on the wire in many leagues.

I play in a fourteen-team league with 15 draft rounds, so many of the guys discussed prominently in this thread never hit the waiver wire at any point this season (Moreno, Jeffrey, Gordon, etc.). The three biggest WW scoops in our league were:

Nick Foles (1st Place team carried P. Manning, J. Cutler & Foles - what a waste, but it kept Foles away from others!)

Zac Stacy (Darryl Richardson & Isaiah Pead both drafted)

Keenan Allen (I fell for the preseason Vincent Brown hype)

This. Foles, Stacy and Allen were the true waiver gems.

Well this thread makes me feel like a little less of an idiot for dropping Jeffrey if so many others were able to get him off the WW.

This is just not true. CBS shows the ownership of players. In all of the leagues at CBS Gordon was owned by:

Wk 1 - 96% of leagues

Wk 2- 93%

Wk 3- 94%

Wk 4 on - 100%

I'd be curious to see what these numbers look like for Jeffrey, but don't care enough to look them up.

Well this thread makes me feel like a little less of an idiot for dropping Jeffrey if so many others were able to get him off the WW.

I'd be curious to see what these numbers look like for Jeffrey, but don't care enough to look them up.

Wk 1- 80%

Wk 2- 75%

Wk 3- 61%

Wk 4- 57%

Wk 5- 81%

Wk 6+ - 100%

Wk 1- 80%

Wk 2- 75%

Wk 3- 61%

Wk 4- 57%

Wk 5- 81%

Wk 6+ - 100%

Yep. Jeffrey was a hot "sleeper" pick but he didn't do sh!t the first couple weeks. So a ton of people dropped him for the waiver wire flavor du jour before he started getting hot.

Wk 1 - 96% of leagues

Wk 2- 93%

Wk 3- 94%

Wk 4 on - 100%

I'm not sure that these numbers tell the whole story. Gordon could have been on Team A's roster for week 1, then dropped and picked up off the wire by team B before week 2. These numbers would indicate that he was rostered for both weeks, but in between he could have been sitting on the wire.

N.Foles Waiver wire pick up.

P.Rivers. Waiver wire pick up.

K.Moreno. Waiver wire pick up right before week 1.

Z.Stacy. Waiver wire pick up.

J.Gordon. Waiver wire pick up.

Keenan Allen. Waiver wire pick up.

J.Cameron..Waiver wire pick up. Not starting him this week Concussion.

J.Reed Waiver wire pick up. Not starting him either. (Hurt)

D.Pitta..Picked him up last night. I hope he will be a great Fantasy Bowl addition.

Andre Brown. Waiver wire pick up.

D.Bailey. Waiver wire pick up.

Total record including playoffs. 13-2.

I hope that I can win, but if I don't, I had a great year and I will still finish with the best record in the league

even with a loss.

And this is a good example of how you can succeed even if you had a disasterous draft.

I will have no choice but to laugh hard if I go from 8 seed to title while shuffling these wire QBs:

Week 14 - McCown

Week 15 - Smith

Week 16 - Cousins

And this is a good example of how you can succeed even if you had a disasterous draft.

Or if you're hurt by injuries. Stacy's breakout was perfect timing following the loss of Foster to IR, Jeffery made up for Amendola (who I expected to do much better this year), and Foles came along when I was struggling to make up for Matt Ryan's loss of Julio. I have little sympathy for people whining about being hurt by injuries. Thanks to the three I just listed, I'm playing for the championship this weekend despite a bunch of injuries. There are always options to compensate if you pay attention.

Or if you're hurt by injuries. Stacy's breakout was perfect timing following the loss of Foster to IR, Jeffery made up for Amendola (who I expected to do much better this year), and Foles came along when I was struggling to make up for Matt Ryan's loss of Julio. I have little sympathy for people whining about being hurt by injuries. Thanks to the three I just listed, I'm playing for the championship this weekend despite a bunch of injuries. There are always options to compensate if you pay attention.

Agreed, here are my first 7 picks, and I am in the championship. None of them are in my roster anymore for a while.

1. (11) Trent Richardson (Ind - RB) 2. (14) Stevan Ridley (NE - RB) 3. (35) Darren Sproles (NO - RB) 4. (38) Lamar Miller (Mia - RB) 5. (59) Steve Smith (Car - WR) 6. (62) Rob Gronkowski (NE - TE) 7. (83) T.Y. Hilton (Ind - WR)

Orange Julius

Keenan Allen

Nick Foles

Chiefs D/ST

IAMNEWPOSTERGUY!!11!1111!1

Hit the nail on the head!

Stacy, Allen, Foles easy top 3 waiver wire players this year. Next year all 3 will be top 50 guys going into the draft.

In most 12+ teamers Josh was drafted (or all of my leagues at least). I got him in the 8th round, which was likely my PICK of the year :)

Took him in the 12th in a 12 teamer.

After Jamaal, my MVP.

I am in the finals and i added this year:

Foles

Stacy

Andre Brown

Gordon

Patterson

id say for me its been gordon or foles, although stacy solidified my backfield which was bust with both rice and spiller. helps to have Charles though

foles and andre ellington were the best adds i would imagine, as neither were being selected in either format (stepfan taylor was higher on the food chain in pre-season)...julius thomas and zac stacy were being drafted late in re-draft leagues, keenan allen as likely selected in all keeper leagues