Sign in to follow this  
montana

Actor or Actress that you just don't get....

Why are these people famous for acting when they completely BLOW?

IMO - Kevin Costner & Bill Paxton.

Costner - Dances with Wolves was great but not because of him....same can be said about Field of Dreams. Great script & story, acting sucked.

Paxton - pretty much sucks in every movie since Weird Science.

Jennifer Lawrence- granted she is decent to look at but she absolutely sucks as an actress. So fvcking overrated.

Seth Rogan

Julia Roberts - she's the same smug character in every movie.

Tom Cruise - he is short and a scientologist. Not a good combination.

Tom Cruise - he is short and a scientologist. Not a good combination.

Most actors are short and have some sort of crazy zealot characteristics. Scientology, Liberal, Conservative. Catholic. Etc.

Woody Allen for sure, but also Gwenneth Paltrow

I agree with everyone so far but Cruise. I actually think he is good in several movies.

I'll add Keanu Reeves, or is that too obvious?

sometimes.... Robin Williams.

- he can be very funny, but sometimes he goes off the "out there", creative deep-end.

shia labeouf - he's not funny, not cute, not a good dramatic actor, nothing...maybe he's somebody's son or he's jewish.

robert pattinson and kristen stewart - both of these mothafckers suck, imo.

What's not to understand about her? She is attractive and plays the romantic comedy good enough.

Ok then Drew Barrymore. I will give her ET.

James Franco.

I saw this movie where he plays a mathematical genius ... and I was thinking that was about the worst casting job I ever saw. He may be smarter than he seems ... but you can't pretend to be a genius. At least, he can't.

You know who used to really bug me as a kid? Charles Bronson. Never liked anything he ever did. I was starving for some good violence ... and then came:

Sean Penn Needed to play a special person to win his Oscar.

A phag is a special person ?

am i the only one who found al pacino's acting in scarface horrible??

i enjoyed the movie but his accent was the worst.

shia labeouf - he's not funny, not cute, not a good dramatic actor, nothing...maybe he's somebody's son or he's jewish.

robert pattinson and kristen stewart - both of these mothafckers suck, imo.

RACIST!

am i the only one who found al pacino's acting in scarface horrible??

i enjoyed the movie but his accent was the worst.

I like Scarface but that's the movie that ruined Pacino. From then on he never stopped overacting. Donnie Brasco is probably the only post-Scarface movie where Pacino isn't completely terrible.

• Like 1

Lena Dunham from Girls.

Seriously, I know people think she's cool, because she's trying to challenge our defintion of what is beautiful, and crap like that. But she's horrid, and fat... No one wants to see you nekkid, dear... so please, just STOP!!!! I know you think you represent what the "average" woman looks like, but you're focking young... there's no excuse to look like a slovenly pig at that age. If we accept that as normal, we might as well give up.

I like Scarface but that's the movie that ruined Pacino. From then on he never stopped overacting. Donnie Brasco is probably the only post-Scarface movie where Pacino isn't completely terrible.

:thumbsup:

igotworms

disagree. he's pulls off a great butthurt transgendered whiny retard role. pretty soon he might get type cast though

Lena Dunham from Girls.

Seriously, I know people think she's cool, because she's trying to challenge our defintion of what is beautiful, and crap like that. But she's horrid, and fat... No one wants to see you nekkid, dear... so please, just STOP!!!! I know you think you represent what the "average" woman looks like, but you're focking young... there's no excuse to look like a slovenly pig at that age. If we accept that as normal, we might as well give up.

I think the respect she gets is more for her talents as a writer and so forth than as an actress. I think she is very talented.

I think the respect she gets is more for her talents as a writer and so forth than as an actress. I think she is very talented.

No way! You? Get the fawk out of here!

Meh... I don't think her writing is all that great, either. But let's just say for the sake of the argument, that it is: it's still not a reason to put her in FRONT of the camera. And to top it all off, she's topless in just about every episode now. Who the fock wants to see that? I just don't get it.

Then I was standing in line at the grocery store, and noticed she was on the cover of Vogue. Yes, Vogue... This girl is a focking hot mess, has horrific style, and just looks frumpy and slovenly most of the time, and she's on the cover of Vogue.

I weep for humanity.

I would've thought you would be pro-fat chicks :dunno:

She embraces it and hates men. Not a good combo meal.

I just google imaged this Lena chick and I'm damn glad I've never heard nor seen her before.

HOMEMOVIESTVMEDIAAWARDSCULTUREREVIEWSVIDEOSPHOTOSHOLLYBLOGSEVENTS

Judd Apatow and Lena Dunham Get Mad at Me For Asking Why Shes Naked So Much on Girls

TV

I totally get it if youre not into me, thats your problem, says Dunham. Oh lordy.

Why is Lena Dunhams character on Girls naked so much?

That question made Dunham and her fellow Girls executive producers, Judd Apatow and Jenni Konner, mad at me Thursday during a Television Critics Association panel. Apatow later said my question was sexist, offensive and misogynistic. He asked me to transcribe what I asked and re-read what I asked Dunham, so here it is:

I dont get the purpose of all the nudity on the show. By you particularly. I feel like Im walking into a trap where you say no one complains about the nudity on Game of Thrones, but I get why theyre doing it. Theyre doing it to be salacious. To titillate people. And your character is often naked at random times for no reason.

Dunham said she was naked on the show because people are naked sometimes.

Yeah. Its because its a realistic expression of what its like to be alive, I think, and I totally get it. If you are not into me, thats your problem, she said.

Huh? But I didnt say that. The conversation continued its personal turn as Apatow asked if I had a girlfriend.

Sure, I said.

Does she like you?

Yeah.

Lets see how she likes you when you quote that with your question and just write the whole question and tell me how it goes tonight.

Actually, my girlfriend has wondered about this, too. Heres why.

Girls has more nudity by its lead character than any show, well, ever. But my girlfriend and I dont understand the reason for it. Were cool with nudity, and if Dunham wants to be naked, great. Im not offended by it. I dont like it or not like it. I just dont get the artistic reason for it, and want to understand it, because Im a TV critic.

Later in the panel executive producer Jenni Konner said she didnt understand why I thought I could talk to a woman that way.

Huh? Talk to her like a writer who has made a bold creative decision?

Dunham left after the panel. But Apatow stuck around, and we talked about my question, which he said was offensive on its face.

You should read it and discuss it with other people, he told me. It is very offensive.

Is it sexist? I asked. Because I would ask the same question

Its sexist and offensive, its misogynistic, he said.

Im not saying its bad that shes nude, I said.

Another reporter noted that if Louis C.K. were naked on his show, we would ask about it.

Theres a way to word a question about the reason for nudity on the show and it was not done elegantly. If you re-read it and you listen to it you will not be proud of yourself.

Im not un-proud of myself in any way because everyone I know has wondered the same thing. I dont understand as a writer, what the reason for it is. Im not against it.

Thats another thing. It shows a lack of depth in how you watch the show.

I watch the show really deeply, actually, I said. Im trying to understand it as a TV critic. Thats my job.

As a TV critic you dont understand why a show about young people in New York who spend some of their time naked, and some of their time having sex, includes women who sometimes are naked and sometimes have sex?

Then why arent all of the characters naked? I asked.

He said a show about me would feature me naked some of the time.

Then why arent all the characters in your movies naked some of the time? Paul Rudd wasnt naked, I added, referring to This Is 40.

Theres male nudity in Walk Hard, he said. I have people naked when theyre willing to do it. Lena is confident enough to do it so we have the opportunity to talk about other issues because she is braver than other people. If Paul Rudd said to me, Im willing to be completely naked in the movie, I would use it. If Seth [Rogen] said he was willing to be completely naked he showed his butt in a post-sex scene in Knocked Up I would use it because its more honest.

Well then thats the answer, I said.

Read how you asked the question, he said.

I said that on Game of Thrones they do it for salacious purposes. Im not giving Game of Thrones credit for that. Salacious doesnt have a positive connotation.

Just listen to yourself, he said.

I did. To transcribe my recording of this exchange.

Im really, truly stupid then, because I dont understand, I said.

Maybe you just got nervous how you asked it and it came out much darker, edgier and negative than you realized.

I checked with my girlfriend. Shes cool with what I asked.

http://www.thewrap.com/judd-apatow-lena-dunham-get-mad-asking-shes-naked-much-girls/

:rolleyes: