Sign in to follow this  
Upper Class Trash

Kyle Rudolph vs. Jordan Reed

They are being drafted very close in PPR leagues. Which would you choose? Rudolph has the Norv Turner thing working for him and Reed looked like a world beater prior to his injuries. Rudolph should be the clear #2 guy in MN while Reed is the #3 option in Washington.

Reed is more athletic and has a significant speed advantage. Rudolph has the size and Redzone advantage.

What round would you take them? I've seen Rudolph ranked as high as the 3rd overall TE this season and Reed as high as the 4th overall TE. Would you take either over your third WR?

Rudolph is the save pick , but J Reed upside I think is higher . With them two very good outside WR on the Redskins , the middle of the field should be open for J Reed who has very good speed . So I am rolling them dice again and I have Reed ranked just ahead of Rudolph .

• Like 1

Leave me a link and I will draft for you.

This isn't for a draft. This is to see what people on the board think about guys ranked closely together. Personally, I have Reed higher, but also think he's a bigger risk. I would let you draft for me, but I'm uncomfortable not making the playoffs.

These two are my favorite price-to-value players at TE this year, and I would be very happy to get either in the 7th/8th round of a 12-teamer. I would also pull the trigger in the 6th if most of the guys ahead of them have come off the board, though I don't think that's likely in most formats. I have a slight preference for Rudolph because of Norv Turner.

• Like 1

I had to take Reed in Round 6 last night. The other options were off the board and Reed & Rudolph were left. I had the 6.08 and 4 teams picking between my pick and my 7th round pick didn't have TE's. In a league where you can only start one TE, two owners drafted two TE's for their roster early. One guy took Gronk and Thomas in the 2nd/3rd (we can't use a TE as a Flex, so this was insane) and another guy took Davis/Jordan in the 3rd & 5th. I don't understand the strategy as it is a no trade league..... lol

This isn't for a draft. This is to see what people on the board think about guys ranked closely together. Personally, I have Reed higher, but also think he's a bigger risk. I would let you draft for me, but I'm uncomfortable not making the playoffs.

That's an awful lot of fricking questions, you sound desperate and actually sound like you are in the middle of a slow draft asking for help. Grow a set and make your own decision or just list your options 1a. Reed 1b. Rudolf 1c. WR#3

Which would you choose?

What round would you take them?

Would you take either over your third WR?

That's an awful lot of fricking questions, you sound desperate and actually sound like you are in the middle of a slow draft asking for help. Grow a set and make your own decision or just list your options 1a. Reed 1b. Rudolf 1c. WR#3

Which would you choose?

. Bad day .

Sometimes QB can be the deciding factor when you have tight receiver decisions to make. Regardless of norv turner, I like the Washington QB situation more than I do the Minnesota one.

I had to take Reed in Round 6 last night. The other options were off the board and Reed & Rudolph were left. I had the 6.08 and 4 teams picking between my pick and my 7th round pick didn't have TE's. In a league where you can only start one TE, two owners drafted two TE's for their roster early. One guy took Gronk and Thomas in the 2nd/3rd (we can't use a TE as a Flex, so this was insane) and another guy took Davis/Jordan in the 3rd & 5th. I don't understand the strategy as it is a no trade league..... lol

No Te in the Flex and No trade league. wtf?

I can't put a lot of faith in a guy who has already had 4 concussions in his college and pro career. I'd take Rudolph for that reason alone. I do like Reed's upside but I would set his over/under for games played this year around 9.

I think it's a wise strategy. WRs and RBs always emerge from all over the place. TEs and QBs have a far shallower overall pool of options and by taking a couple of the guys who could be elite, you knock your opponents down a notch. Power in numbers as well. The strategy works even better if others do it, too. Maybe those two managers even conspired.

I put a similar strategy into effect. Have done it for a couple years now and I find it very effective.

I got Gronk and Rudolph in one league, where I also got Rodgers and Foles, and I got Rodgers, Luck, and Brady in other league.

• Like 1

Whoa there, ease up buddy

Haha.

Thinking Norv has a career year in store for Rudolph. It's not like Julius Thomas was a yardage monster last year. He was very TD reliant.

. Bad day .

Which would you choose?

Seriously, what do you add to these boards? It was a legit question and you try to get all high and mighty. Go hide somewhere.

Rudolph.

Reed got shelved after the concussion and had a painful difficult recovery. If he gets concussed week one he could miss the entire season.

Which would you choose?

Angry at the world?

I take Rudolph easy and I'm a Gator homer. He should be an excellent security blanket in that offense and now with Patterson stretching the field it could only help him.

Angry at the world?

I take Rudolph easy and I'm a Gator homer. He should be an excellent security blanket in that offense and now with Patterson stretching the field it could only help him.

some people are allowed to ask roster management questions around here and get away with it.

This guy playing it off like it was just a conversation but asked 3 pointed questions in one post.

Which would you choose?

If you are gonna answer this guys obvious roster question, I hope to see everyone treat others with respect during the who do I start massacre soon to come

I answer football questions. I don't like questions like "how do I fix my team". If anybody asks questions and they are worded in a way to start conversation then it's fine. I think asking about where other people value a player is normal for the bored.

I also answer questions that interest me whether they are team management questions or not. Some people post gobs of blatant management questions. I don't think this is a case of that. That's just me.

You do what you feel you need to do to make your world right. I'll do the same.

some people are allowed to ask roster management questions around here and get away with it.

This guy playing it off like it was just a conversation but asked 3 pointed questions in one post.

Which would you choose?

If you are gonna answer this guys obvious roster question, I hope to see everyone treat others with respect during the who do I start massacre soon to come

The post was made in a more general fashion as to discuss the pros and cons of these particular players. It isn't nearly the same as a straight up "rate my team" or "who should I start this week?" thread

The post was made in a more general fashion as to discuss the pros and cons of these particular players. It isn't nearly the same as a straight up "rate my team" or "who should I start this week?" thread

So if I post a general pros And cons of 2 particular players each week you guys will do who do I start on the main board for me? Cool. Or is it really just who the original poster is?

This was Just like a who do I start thread. I don't care if there were pros and cons listed people do that in who to start or cut threads took

It's just this guy is part of the lunch table

So if I post a general pros And cons of 2 particular players each week you guys will do who do I start on the main board for me? Cool. Or is it really just who the original poster is?

This was Just like a who do I start thread. I don't care if there were pros and cons listed people do that in who to start or cut threads took

Meh....maybe he is looking for a little help. But to UCT's credit, dude brings insight and well thought out takes on players, so maybe he gets a little more slack. If he didn't ask if you would take either one before WR3 then it's just like the look-a-like player series Fumble has done in the past.

As for the OP.....gimme Rudolph. Don't trust the injury history with Reed...and don't trust RG3. Rudolph will thrive in Norv's system this year.

Which would you choose?

shut up moron...

I took Rudolph last night. He was the 6th TE off the board round 8. Jimmy G, Thomas, Vernon, Gronk, and Cameron went earlier.

shut up moron...

Yes I know he sits next to you at the cool kids circle jerk lunch table

Reed has never done jack, is everyones yearly darling for zero reason, isnt that good and gets hurt or concussed. Did I mention he hasnt done jack diddly? Draft Cook while ur at it, I heard he had 1 good game. Rudolph by a country mile.

• Like 1

I took Rudolph as my WR3 in a 14-team no TE league (TEs are WRs) and feel great about it. He is the #1 target in Minny this year and Norv will feed him till he can't eat no mo.

Reed gets lots of love based on a couple of weeks on a team that was going nowhere. He's also a concussion away from retirement, and that offense has lots of other weapons if anybody can get them the ball.

Rudolph is a solid pro with a track record with Norv running the offense. Their other best receiving threat is a guy with crazy athleticism but very little to show that he's ready to be a #1. Whether Cassell or Bridgewater, I see this as a game management type offense, the kind of place where TE shine.

Rudolph. I'm surprised people have them ranked so closely.

I think it's a wise strategy. WRs and RBs always emerge from all over the place. TEs and QBs have a far shallower overall pool of options and by taking a couple of the guys who could be elite, you knock your opponents down a notch. Power in numbers as well. The strategy works even better if others do it, too. Maybe those two managers even conspired.

I put a similar strategy into effect. Have done it for a couple years now and I find it very effective.

I got Gronk and Rudolph in one league, where I also got Rodgers and Foles, and I got Rodgers, Luck, and Brady in other league.

I see what you are saying, but you are talking about backing up your guy with another player several rounds, or more, later. This guy took two TE's in the 2nd and 3rd round in a league where you can only start one. How does that help? I can see doing it how you did it, and agree it is a sound strategy in some instances. Using two of your first three picks on TE's is just plain stupid in this case. He can now start one good TE each week, but his QB/RB/WR's suffer tremendously. I'm not a psychic, but there is no way in hell this guy makes the playoffs. I would be shocked if he wins for than 3 games.

I wouldn't say this is a "who do I start" thread at all. A lot of people have their big drafts this coming weekend. I wanted to get some conversation going on players. I am finished drafting, by the way, so the discussion has no bearing on my team. None at all. I just noticed they were being drafted within ten to twelve picks of one another, with Reed going off the board first in most cases, and wanted the boards perspective.

Thank you for your valuable contribution, as always, to the thread though. Your insight and general overall knowledge of these two players was appreciated. I'm certain the people drafting this weekend and who actually contributed, and learned, to/from this thread also appreciate your hard work and dedication.

I went with Rudolph as the 6th TE off the board in a 10 team PPR. One guy took both Gronk/Graham and it looked like a run was gonna start if I didn't grab him. Reed was still on the board.

Rudolph pros - 1) Big target w. talent 2) there is talent around him 3) Norv Turner who does good things with offenses, even those with so-so QBS.

Reed's athleticism is big upside, but is balanced by 1) his injury hx and 2) the Washington camp reports that discuss RGIII having some difficulty transitioning to a 'pocket passer' style offense. DeSean Jackson might be the biggest beneficiary there based on the new coaching staff and Turner has done well both in San Diego and in Cleveland last year with a marginal QB (Hoyer). Cordarelle Patterson has the kind of open field ability that gives defensive coordinators bad dreams and I see Minnesota, with new coaching and a favorable schedule, making a leap offensively.

I wouldn't say this is a "who do I start" thread at all. A lot of people have their big drafts this coming weekend. I wanted to get some conversation going on players. I am finished drafting, by the way, so the discussion has no bearing on my team. None at all. I just noticed they were being drafted within ten to twelve picks of one another, with Reed going off the board first in most cases, and wanted the boards perspective.

Thank you for your valuable contribution, as always, to the thread though. Your insight and general overall knowledge of these two players was appreciated. I'm certain the people drafting this weekend and who actually contributed, and learned, to/from this thread also appreciate your hard work and dedication.

Of course you are finished drafting now. And your post was definitely after. A lot of questions peppered in there was for entertainment only. Totally believable dude. Lol

I will make sure my who to start threads are after I set my lineup too.

Is there anyone here pushing for Reed?

I've gone Reed over Rudolph. One reason is that Reed appears to be available lower/cheaper in drafts. Another reason is that Reed was looking better than good last year. Rudolph meanwhile disappeared altogether in some games. I realize it's a whole new world with Norv but Reed was a rookie last year - once he was installed in the offense roughly around Game 5 he had about 330 total yards in 4 games. I love his potential, I want to see it happen.

Reed has never done jack, is everyones yearly darling for zero reason, isnt that good and gets hurt or concussed. Did I mention he hasnt done jack diddly? Draft Cook while ur at it, I heard he had 1 good game. Rudolph by a country mile.

I was a little hard on him here, he was only a rookie so it's not fair to say he hasn't done anything or always gets hurt. its def dumb to say hes a yearly darling in his 2nd year lol he just feels like a 3yr player to me. I apologize to him, I was wrong. But I still like the red nosed one over him.